Radioshack has got yo' back w/ the PSX to USB game adapter. *clearance item*

ch3zyp00fs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Much like the other sales from radioshack, this is a PSX-to-USB adapter so you can hook up your favorite Playstation pad to your PC. This is on clearance for $6.97.

Personally I love this item, I've bought 3. One broke from wear and tear after two years (I pulled out the game controller too hard one time and it ripped off the sodering point), and how I have 2 more. Great for your emulators, (*cough* Geometry Wars *cough*).

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2036260&cp=&origkw=psx+to+usb&kw=psx+to+usb&parentPage=search

[quote name='RaPtOrsIII']hello ddr[/QUOTE]
I'm not positive that they work with DDR pads, though they probably do.

[quote name='RaPtOrsIII']hello ddr[/QUOTE]

I wasn't able to get them to work w/ ddr pads. But that's just me. Let me know if you can do it however.

The main thing to getting USB adapters to work with DDR pads is to make sure they map the directions to 4 different buttons instead of the X and Y axis. If it's set to an axis, jumps won't work (at least that's mainly what I've heard).

fuckers. I JUST bought a Logitech USB controller this weekend for like 20 dollars. I kept holding out for a big PC controller sale, but something like this would've been perfect.

The drivers come on a mini cd now. Also DDR doesn't work, because these things will not register simultanous button pressing.

[quote name='mirthoneist']I have an older one that doesn't work with DDR pads. I've read that these don't either. :([/QUOTE]
Yeah. With PS-to-USB converters its really hit-or-miss on DDR pads. Definately research before hand.
Then again, it's somewhat irrelevent, as the new Red Octane Ignition pads (Now on sale for $80 at the Red Octane Store) have hook-ups for PS, XBox, and USB. Very handy.
Now I just need to find a good PS-to-GameCube converter and DDR Mario Mix will be MINE.:drool:

This is VERY VMMV - I knew about this a month ago, as stores will show up saying its in stock on the website, but all the Radio Shacks I've been to say the clearanced item listed on the website has since been sent back (the reason I didn't post it on CAG) and replaced with a updated version of the PSX/PS2 to USB adapter w/ drivers on CD-rom that is reg price at $12. I have an extra new one on my TL (the updated $12 one w/ CD-rom, NOT the clearance one w/ the floppy - no stores in Portland have it) if anyone wants to trade for it - let me know if interested.

I am using one myself and its cool how its rumble compatible.

Added - Also I did print out the item saying it was in stock at their store, but the manager said ALL the old clearance adapters have been sent back so no other stores have the $6.97 clearance adapter anymore. I picked up 2 of the new ones using the $10 off $20 or more coupon so got them at the same price the old ones were anyways.

[quote name='rxdoga']The drivers come on a mini cd now. Also DDR doesn't work, because these things will not register simultanous button pressing.[/QUOTE]

Well there we go. That should end the DDR questions.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Non Avail in my area :([/QUOTE]

if you go to your radioshack, w/ the printed page of the item from their website, you can ask if they can see if any other radio shacks have it. If they do, they can ship it to yours for free. At least that's what they're doing w/ my codebreaker. In by friday or saturday. :D

I have one of these and used it for a long time. It is lag-free, unlike the super dual box. I have a super joy box 3 now, and it is also lagless, plus it works with DDR. They're cheap on ebay. Both are great for emus and fighters.

If the wired 360 controller didn't work with XP, then I might've jumped on this. But the 360 controller > dual shock.

Hmm, too bad the PS1/PS2 is the most uncomfortable controller for 2D and 3D games alike. For 3D, the control sticks are too low and my thumb slips off them, for 2D, the buttons are ASS. They are hard and imprecise, hurts my thumbs.

I wish they had a GameCube-to-USB adapter :/

[quote name='Xizer']Hmm, too bad the PS1/PS2 is the most uncomfortable controller for 2D and 3D games alike. For 3D, the control sticks are too low and my thumb slips off them, for 2D, the buttons are ASS. They are hard and imprecise, hurts my thumbs.

I wish they had a GameCube-to-USB adapter :/[/QUOTE]
Opinions.

I love the ps2 controller over any other controller.

[quote name='mirthoneist']I have an older one that doesn't work with DDR pads. I've read that these don't either. :([/QUOTE]I've heard too that some don't work at all, or some of them work, but there's a delay. A few buddies of mine got a working one, but I believe it wasn't cheap.

[quote name='Hoffgod']Now I just need to find a good PS-to-GameCube converter and DDR Mario Mix will be MINE.:drool:[/quote]Not as cheap as they were during the big sale last year, but still a good price. I have two and both work perfectly on every system, but I don't have DDR though I do know it works.
http://www.redoctane.com/universaladapter.html

[quote name='chodax']kinda off topic, but where did you get geometry wars? im searching and cant find it[/quote]http://www.incitti.com/Blitz/

[quote name='chaarlieee']By the way, does anybody know if this adapter is better? It can connect two controllers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320008010354[/quote]I can't vouch for the Radioshack adapter, but I do know that there is a bit of lag on that adapter. There isn't any on the Redoctane one.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Opinions.

I love the ps2 controller over any other controller.[/QUOTE]

To hook up to the computer I think the PS2 controller is perfect. The layout will probably be ideal for just about any game you might be playing. I like the gamecube controller too, but I sure wouldn't want to play many fighting games with it.

[quote name='chodax']kinda off topic, but where did you get geometry wars? im searching and cant find it[/QUOTE]

Search for Grid Wars. It's a freeware GW clone, and a pretty friggin good one at that.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I've heard too that some don't work at all, or some of them work, but there's a delay. A few buddies of mine got a working one, but I believe it wasn't cheap.[/quote]

It gets even better. Some of the converters work for some controllers but not others.

I got one from Red Octane. It works with the normal DDR pads but the Cobalt Flux do not register at all.

for my CF, I ordered a Trio Linker off of lik sang. Works perfectly, both with the cobalt flux, and with the soft pad and the PS2 controller. It also has ports for Gamecube and Dreamcast controllers, but I have found no need to even test those yet.

[quote name='Xizer']Hmm, too bad the PS1/PS2 is the most uncomfortable controller for 2D and 3D games alike. For 3D, the control sticks are too low and my thumb slips off them, for 2D, the buttons are ASS. They are hard and imprecise, hurts my thumbs.

I wish they had a GameCube-to-USB adapter :/[/QUOTE]

use the street fighter controllers. They're decent. But if anyone has a saturn ps2 controller, let me know.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Great for your emulators, (*cough* Geometry Wars *cough*). [/QUOTE]
That PSX/USB cable and Geometry Wars ate literal hours of my free time at college last year.

I mean, between classes when it's too early to leave but you don't have enough time to be productive, why not relax and look at pretty colors? :D

[quote name='suko_32']Quick question for anyone with MUGEN. Would you recommend this adapter and a PSone gamepad?[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much controller preference w/ fighters. I mean, I personally think Playstation controllers are crap for fighters. I use the SF controller. It's not bad.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']It's pretty much controller preference w/ fighters. I mean, I personally think Playstation controllers are crap for fighters. I use the SF controller. It's not bad.[/QUOTE]

That's good enough for me. I have a friend that sucks terribly at Marvel vs Capcom on PS2, but is awsome at the arcades. I'm the opposite though. Sometimes, I think I'm weird when it comes to controller preferences for fighters :???:

[quote name='suko_32']That's good enough for me. I have a friend that sucks terribly at Marvel vs Capcom on PS2, but is awsome at the arcades. I'm the opposite though. Sometimes, I think I'm weird when it comes to controller preferences for fighters :???:[/QUOTE]

Haha. Ya. If you're looking for the SF controllers, try and look for them at Blockbuster.

[quote name='Ace-Of-War']fuckers. I JUST bought a Logitech USB controller this weekend for like 20 dollars. I kept holding out for a big PC controller sale, but something like this would've been perfect.[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, a friend of mine has been having problems getting this to work with some of his actual PC games. He installed using the Cd that came with it, but apparently some of the games still see it as incompatible.

I have both the logitech and the converter, myself. One for Mame, and one for PC ports of console games.

bread's done
Back