Why are fat people fat?

assasin4hire

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Anybody have any idea why obese people are obese? just to be upfront here im not making fun of any of the fat people out there but ive just been puzzled by why im fat(Not like 150 pounds overweight but im about 30 pounds overweight). I mean does god hate me for some reason and he gave me the slowest metabolism of all time? I dont eat all day and play video games(Although i play video games ALOT) i go out and play sports go to school. I also know people that eat pizza and mcdonalds every day and stay skinny(yes i do have a friend like that he has a myspance just search spano and you'll get him hes stright gweedo). Just asking for theorys and guesses, are the reason most people are fat is because were just lazy? Maybe its because of medical problems, or is it something more then that

If this topic is stupid im sorry but im extremly bored, extremly bored

[quote name='assasin4hire']Anybody have any idea why obese people are obese? just to be upfront here im not making fun of any of the fat people out there but ive just been puzzled by why im fat(Not like 150 pounds overweight but im about 30 pounds overweight). I mean does god hate me for some reason and he gave me the slowest metabolism of all time? I dont eat all day and play video games(Although i play video games ALOT) i go out and play sports go to school. I also know people that eat pizza and mcdonalds every day and stay skinny(yes i do have a friend like that he has a myspance just search spano and you'll get him hes stright gweedo). Just asking for theorys and guesses, are the reason most people are fat is because were just lazy? Maybe its because of medical problems, or is it something more then that

If this topic is stupid im sorry but im extremly bored, extremly bored[/QUOTE]

I'm so tempted to make a "Why are black people black?" topic now...even though I already know the technical answer.

Why not run a couple miles a day? Instead of eating potatoe chips eat pretzels or some fruit. If your out to lose weight then I applaude you. I wish more obese people would. Good Luck Bro!

[quote name='SMMM']I'm so tempted to make a "Why are black people black?" topic now...even though I already know the technical answer.[/quote]

Lol, idk just seeing that topic would be funny but yeah it would bring trouble, neway whats the ansewer?

My advise to you is log every single calorie you eat/drink in a day and be strict with it. You'll be suprised to see that you probably are ingesting more calories than you thought. Keep in mind that if you drink sweet drinks (soda, ice tea, fruit juice) you are taking in alot of empty calories that you may not have realized you were.

God doesn't hate you... he just doesn't exist. anyways... sometimes people are just built bigger, genetics, body struchure, whatever. basically there are three different body types, endomorph, ectomorph, and mesomorph (i think...) and each one burns calories at different rates and burns different calories more or less efficently. try looking into your body type and seeing what you burn most efficently and what types of activities are best if your trying to shave off that thirty or so extra... or you could just pray about it...

Well you have to remember, genetically you were the best back in the day when food was harder to come by. now food is easier to come by, so you get the shaft.

I heard NY is the fattest state. I do see lots of fat ppl. Everytime u go to fast food restaurant, u see at least one fat person.

[quote name='Vampyre611']God doesn't hate you... he just doesn't exist. anyways... sometimes people are just built bigger, genetics, body struchure, whatever. basically there are three different body types, endomorph, ectomorph, and mesomorph (i think...) and each one burns calories at different rates and burns different calories more or less efficently. try looking into your body type and seeing what you burn most efficently and what types of activities are best if your trying to shave off that thirty or so extra... or you could just pray about it...[/quote]

Dammit that explains it my family is fat, well they are now. When i see pics of my mom and aunt from back in the day they seem anarexic(idk how to spell) but now yeah ummm yeah

Its genetics. Has to do with metabolism rates and stuff. I live in SA (one of the fattest cities in the country). Not only is it 63% Hispanic, but its way too hot to exercise here. The heat traps us indoors during the summer time, making it difficult to even leave the house.
BTW, I'm half Hispanic, so please dont play the race card.
Also BTW, no, I'm not fat. I'm about 5 ft. tall and about 80-85 lbs.

[quote name='trunks982']I heard NY is the fattest state. I do see lots of fat ppl. Everytime u go to fast food restaurant, u see at least one fat person.[/QUOTE]
That's it? One? NY cant be too fat then, Trunksie.

[quote name='trunks982']I heard NY is the fattest state. I do see lots of fat ppl. Everytime u go to fast food restaurant, u see at least one fat person.[/quote]

I thought Georgia and Illinois were the fattest states?

[quote name='assasin4hire']Anybody have any idea why obese people are obese?[/quote]

Sir, a jelly doughnut, sir!

doughnut2.jpg

my brother and i basically have the same diet, fast food, hot pockets and stuff like that, sodas, alcohol, with minimal exercise and he is pretty skinny. well not skinny, but he doesnt have any extra baggage. but i do. go figure, i guess god hates him too.

[quote name='Maklershed']I thought Georgia and Illinois were the fattest states?[/quote]

Houston is the fattest city. Texas has 4 of the top 5 - I think it's the fattest state.

I'm fat all of my family is fat, and the people on my dad's side have the same bulid. All the men look the same, and guess who I look like. Thanks dad for the shitty genetics. But its not all genetics, I grew up on fast food, and other junk. Only lately have I been watching what I eat.

Its just part of being an animal that has mass breed for thousands of years. Uncontrolled breeding will give you many different types of people, some are fat, and some are skinny. Some people have fast metabolisms, and some have slow, etc etc

A lot of it has to do with what people choose (or sometimes don't) choose to eat. When I was younger my parents fed me a lot of fast food. This resulted in me being not obese, but fairly large. After I moved out on my own and went to college, things changed though as I was too busy to eat. It's all about the choices you make really. Nowadays I rarely eat anything fast food or sweet and consider myself in pretty good shape (thanks to diet and exercise).

I am fat because I do not exercise. I am not too fat I would say about 20 overweight. I am about 5 11 and weight about 190 and I have no muscle. I do not overeat often but I never burn anything off.

Most people are fat because they are lazy. Really, nearly all obese people can lose the weight with some effort. Sure there can be genetic reasons or something else, but the solution is nearly always the same ; eat less and exercise more.

[quote name='greendj27']I'd advise removing that part of your post to avoid a few horny members asking for pics via PM.[/QUOTE]
Damn-it, you're right. I was trying to prove a point and my drunk ass wasn't thinking. Must.....log off....... NOW!

Wow getting alot of response.

Oh and about the fatest city thing, i was in a mcdonalds when i was going to a yankee game bout 4 months ago and the mcdonalds i was in was the biggies mcdonalds ive ever seen it was like the siz of 3 floors in my building

[quote name='6669']Damn-it, you're right. I was trying to prove a point and my drunk ass wasn't thinking. Must.....log off....... NOW![/QUOTE]

I got rid of my post while you were posting this. I didn't want to encourage it, but I knew what was coming. Besides, I remember some of the crap you have had to put up with in the past.

[quote name='camoor']Houston is the fattest city. Texas has 4 of the top 5 - I think it's the fattest state.[/QUOTE]

Nope, Chicago is now the fattest.
I am too a fatty but am now losing it. I have lost about 20 lbs since the start of summer. Cut out pop, junk food and stuff you know that isnt good for you.
Excerise really helps, I walk/jog for 1 1/2 hours a day, sometimes more.

I thought I had really slow metabolism too but now I feel hungry all the time.
I dont eat till im stuffed anymore just about 70% and let it settle, if im still hungry I just eat an apple or something.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Nope, Chicago is now the fattest.
I am too a fatty but am now losing it. I have lost about 20 lbs since the start of summer. Cut out pop, junk food and stuff you know that isnt good for you.
Excerise really helps, I walk/jog for 1 1/2 hours a day, sometimes more.

I thought I had really slow metabolism too but now I feel hungry all the time.
I dont eat till im stuffed anymore just about 70% and let it settle, if im still hungry I just eat an apple or something.[/QUOTE]

Why do fatties always have pretty asian chicks as their avatars? Then again, I have Kerri Kenney as my avatar and I'm a tall, skinny half-mexican dude. Then there was that other guy with a Sasuke avatar that looked like he was in his 40s and had a comb-over....So the lesson is...NEVER trust avatars.

thats easy

fast food

stress from asshole bosses and stupid customers (or in my case, problem kids with fucked up parents)

its called denial dude. get over it. you are fat and lazy and ill bet my sealed copy of NES zelda that you are only touching the tip of the iceberg about your habits that cause the 30 lbs to hang around. yeah it may be heridity that gave you a slow metabolism or whatever, but stop bitching and do it man, you can do it!
i gained 30 pounds at my job, and ya know what? its gone now plus 7 more, im back to 185-190, never thought i would be there again.
box up your nintento, eat 4-7 fruits and veggies a day, no soda, no refined sugar, no trans fats like hydrogenated oils, no high fructose corn syrup, no fast food not even the salads and add 10 grams fiber from 100% whole grain wheat without the oils and fructose i spoke of. eat at least 2 dairy products a day and use small portions OFTEN. you keep the fire burning with small logs rather than a pile of trees.
life weights at least twice a week. no wieghts?, do pushups and situps. dont forget your legs, they build muscle and kill fat fastet., run, ride a bike. video games are sweet, but try to play 2 hours a week. get away from the tv. in 4 weeks, you are half they there to losing the 30 lbs.

i dont mean to be harsh man, but damn dude, quit bitching and do it. we CAG's have to lookout for one another and offer support for all. i know you can do it. noone can change you, but you.

assasin, rock on man, goodluck to you. post some results!!!

and no, the Zelda is NOT for sale or trade. believe it or not, my family bought a second copy while on sale back in the day incase the battery ran out, yup, stupidity paid off and that pretty much sums up that i have a bit of dork in me.

It's mathmatics-

Caloric intake - Caloric expendature = weight gain / weight loss

It's pretty simple.

[quote name='6669']That's it? One? NY cant be too fat then, Trunksie.[/QUOTE]

LOL, ok ok maybe at least 5. i dont go in to restaurants and count how many fat ppl there are.

My friend spent $30 at Taco Bell in 2 days and he's not fat at all...but he is a cross country runner....BUT he still has his sessions of 10 hour straight Final Fantasy (insert number here) pretty often

Fact: Wisconsin Dells is the fattest place on earth. I've told a couple people this, but I remember that I sat outside a fudge shop once and decided to people watch... and wow. There's a ton of fat people and they're not just a little pudgy -- they're fucking huge.

[quote name='Chacrana']Fact: Wisconsin Dells is the fattest place on earth. I've told a couple people this, but I remember that I sat outside a fudge shop once and decided to people watch... and wow. There's a ton of fat people and they're not just a little pudgy -- they're fucking huge.[/QUOTE]

You people watched outside of a fudge shop. What did you expect? :lol:

[quote name='SMMM']Why do fatties always have pretty asian chicks as their avatars? Then again, I have Kerri Kenney as my avatar and I'm a tall, skinny half-mexican dude. Then there was that other guy with a Sasuke avatar that looked like he was in his 40s and had a comb-over....So the lesson is...NEVER trust avatars.[/quote]

I was thinking about this just the other day. Without realizing it, I image people by their avatar, male or female, as well as what kind of character they might be. I'd be swell if we all posted stuff that at least somewhat resembles ourselves, but that'll never happen.

I am really skinny myself and I can eat and eat and eat. Thing is, I know when to stop. Maybe that's where people get fat. They think a lot of food is just the right amount.

I realy get tired of people getting in line to just say fat people are fat cause of genetics ...the facts are genetics dont make you eat pizza and hamburgers all the time.
Genetics can only explain so much and genetics doesnt explain how someones entire family can be skiny or slightly overweight when that person is completely obease with food on there shirt.

Some people just dont deserve to live there lives yeah its cold to say its real tho.
Fatpeople can be fat if they want its like smoking its not a good idea but ur doing it anyway..obease people are gross .

thyroid disorders often whats wrong if the issue is medical... my mother and i both have slightly underactive thiroids ..... ..if i want to mantain a wait of say 110 i have to eat about 750 calories a day or i will gain weight.... back when i was skinny (i'm not huge now bu ti was super skinny 100 lbs) i ate a power bar, bottle of water, and for the most part a sandwitch as my food for the day.... w/ working out this maintained my weight eating any more than that would gain weight w/ the time i spent working out.....

my mom lost 120 lbs by pretty much eating nuthing but cucumbers, jello, and popcorn............ now that's all she eats pretty much except one day a week she lets herself eat what she wants.... anything over 800 esk cals per day and she will gain weight as well.

[quote name='greendj27']You people watched outside of a fudge shop. What did you expect? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Worse, he lives in a place where you can stop a random person and ask for the location of a fudge shop. Unless it's a euphemism for a candy store, I've never seen a place that just sells fudge. With that kind of caloric density it would be like a volcano if it ever caught fire.

[quote name='epobirs']Worse, he lives in a place where you can stop a random person and ask for the location of a fudge shop. Unless it's a euphemism for a candy store, I've never seen a place that just sells fudge. With that kind of caloric density it would be like a volcano if it ever caught fire.[/QUOTE]

Wisconsin Dells is a resort town. There are a bunch of small shops along the main street. A number of them sell things like homemade fudge. My guess is that the people who don't want to go to the water parks go to eat.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']My friend spent $30 at Taco Bell in 2 days and he's not fat at all...but he is a cross country runner....BUT he still has his sessions of 10 hour straight Final Fantasy (insert number here) pretty often[/QUOTE]

30 BUCKS IN 2 DAYS AT TACO BELL???!!?! DAMN what the hell is he buying?? Must have been a breakfast, lunch, dinner for 2 days at TB!

* Eat less (calories, that is)
* Watch what you eat, and how it interacts with your body. Especially - no sodas!
* Weigh yourself regularly
* It's very unlikely but possible that an actual medical condition is partially responsible.
* Don't blame invisible monsters.

I know there are people that CAN lose weight by eating sensibly but with some it IS their genetics. And BEFORE people argue the genes are defective that's bullshit, the genetic code evolved that way for a reason. Look at Russian people's weight overall, fat is a good insulator. It's funny how sometimes this can occur in the hot climate as well though lending itself to the case of "happy medium", case in point, Africa.

[quote name='ITDEFX']30 BUCKS IN 2 DAYS AT TACO BELL???!!?! DAMN what the hell is he buying?? Must have been a breakfast, lunch, dinner for 2 days at TB![/quote]

He was addicted to Crunch Wrap Supremes and stuff...He bought me 1 crunch war supreme and some cinnamon twists and bought my friend a crunch wrap supreme and the rest was all him. It was right around when I just got an Xbox and we were playin' some halo online and he'd just randomly go down the street and grab some Taco Bell...Haha

It doesn't have as much to do with genetics as people think. If genetics played such a big role, we wouldn't have a steady increase in obesity in american over the past few years.

Anywho, remember this, if you take in 3,700 cal. you will gain a pound, burn 3,700 you will lose a pound. You admit you're not active, so your metablosim could be shot. Get up, get active, and you will find yourself losing weight and still eating a good amount. Don't just exercise 3 times a week though. Stand whenever you can, park far away from a store so you walk more...thing like that can work wonders.

Drink lots of water, cut out soda, and you'll be golden!

Good luck.

bread's done
Back