- - - - -

Do milkshakes give you a stomach ache?

#31 King_Sprout   Banned Banned   802 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

King_Sprout

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:28 AM

I thought milkshakes brought boys to the yard or something...

Shit. You stole my generic and probably already posted after your post idea for a post.
Posted Image
Currently have 11 friends on Blingo, mostly CAG's.
My trade list
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=101604

#32 Eviltude   Steam Machine CAGiversary!   13484 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:46 AM

Before I say anything, I'm going to vote for another Sprout-free period.
Now that that is over...

I actually had a choclate shake from burger king about an hour ago, I gobbled it down. And my tummy doesn't hurt either!

You know Wendy's has vanilla frostys now? They let you get crushed up butter fingers and shit too. Apparently they are awesome because the past 3 times i've hung out with a one of my friends, his g/f has onne with her.
Posted Image

#33 epobirs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8512 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:22 AM

As I mentioned in another thread recently, I'm not lactose intolerant yet but I am at the point where I wouldn't want a lactose marrying into my family.

It gets worse with age. I haven't been a breakfast cereal eater since I was a kid. I just eat it straight as a snack. So I didn't notice the change happening within me until one day at the supermarket I got a whim for chocolate milk and bought a quart carton. That made me so gassy for the rest of day I could practically levitate. There wasn't any pain but I'd never have any more unless I sure of being home alone for many hours to follow.
If I thought I needed to get out in the sunshine I'd play Boktai.

#34 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5585 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:40 AM

Before I say anything, I'm going to vote for another Sprout-free period.
Now that that is over...

You know Wendy's has vanilla frostys now? They let you get crushed up butter fingers and shit too. Apparently they are awesome because the past 3 times i've hung out with a one of my friends, his g/f has onne with her.

Yeah I remember back in the days when we called that a Blizzard. Chuckle.

I miss the Blizzard's with Nerds.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#35 rabbitt   A Symphony of Horror CAGiversary!   7409 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:10 PM

I think the problem is either lactose intolerance, or the place your going isn't using real ice cream and milk. It could just be milk with a thickening powder.

The thing is, it doesn't matter where I go. There are 3 ice cream stands around my house, and all of their milkshakes rip a damn portal in my tummy.

#36 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22408 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:21 PM

Yeah I remember back in the days when we called that a Blizzard. Chuckle.

I miss the Blizzard's with Nerds.

Blizzards are awesome. I think those are Diary Queen creations though... and not really a milkshare. Just some soft ice cream blended with candy... mmm... Heath Bar Blizzard... holy shit those are good. :drool: :drool: :drool:

It's been a while though so I might be talking out of my ass...

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#37 Reality's Fringe   Goes sex for pussy CAGiversary!   7112 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Reality's Fringe

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:30 PM

My Stomach is made of steel. I just had a protein bar and a nutrition shake which are heavy on both dairy ingredients AND sugar alcohols. No problems.

And for the record, Blizzards are fucking GREAT.
http://artthoubored.ytmnd.com/

http://snapintotehslimjim.ytmnd.com/

I had one last summer. I was asleep for it so I have no recollection of anything being up my ass.

#38 Xevious   Most Damned CAG Evar CAGiversary!   8915 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:40 PM

Xevious do you know of the Tofu Dessert that's like Silken Tofu just flavored? I'm talking about it having flavors like Lychee and Tangerine with the texture like Custard.

I haven't heard of that but I'll be on the lookout for it.

Actually I was shocked how good the Tofu Ice cream sandwiches tasted. They taste like the real thing. I'm open to try anything tofu now...

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#39 friedram   PC Game Box Collector Validating   901 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:50 PM

It's the start of being lactose intolerant. Before I eat a milkshake or ice cream anymore I take a lactose helping pill (don't have them with me at the moment- bought them at costco.) They allow you to eat whatever you want (dairy products) but since they are expensive- you may decide to just give up on food that you like instead of buying the pills.
Core i7, Rampage II Extreme, HAF case, 300 Gig 10,000 RPM drive, 2x 1.5 Terabyte secondary, 6 Gigs Tri-channel ram, ATI 5970 2GB Dual video card - graphics, 8800GTS for PhsX, Logitech G13 & G15 Logitech Z-680's

24 in Dell 2407FPW Ultrasharp™ Flat Panel Monitor Wide

WD-62827 : 62"
1080p DLP™ HDTV

http://www.mitsubish...ls.html?cid=133

#40 Moxio   Supervillain CAGiversary!   35394 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:52 PM

yea not unless your one of those few million of us who have the runs after it :(

Few million? Really? Wow.

Then again, I never seem to get the runs.

#41 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17250 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:05 PM

Few million? Really? Wow.

Then again, I never seem to get the runs.

Now with my grey hair thread, is the lactos this genetic or what? I never had this problem when I was a kid..but as an adult it sucks.

#42 GrimNecroWizard   Colts FTW! CAGiversary!   1712 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

GrimNecroWizard

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:15 PM

From what I've heard, it's actually better than yours.

Indeed, it is. I can teach you, but I'd have to charge.
Posted Image

#43 RonnieWrecked   i starred in a snuff film CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

RonnieWrecked

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:38 PM

if i drink a really tall glass of milk, i fart like crazy.

#44 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17250 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:59 PM

i really would like to know what the hell is happening in my stomach when milk based foods/drinks enter my stomach. Must be a hell of a battle of good vs evil and the loser gets shitted out of my butt.

#45 eldad9   Join Date: Jun 2002 CAGiversary!   3958 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:06 PM

My pokemon cards brings all the nerds to the yard,
and they're like,
you wanna trade cards
damn right i wanna trade cards
ill trade my pikachu ,
but not my charizard.

#46 Roufuss   is now a coupon CAGiversary!   21591 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:07 PM

i really would like to know what the hell is happening in my stomach when milk based foods/drinks enter my stomach. Must be a hell of a battle of good vs evil and the loser gets shitted out of my butt.

Lactose intolerant?

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#47 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17250 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:10 PM

Lactose intolerant?

yeah

#48 eldad9   Join Date: Jun 2002 CAGiversary!   3958 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:13 PM

Lactose intolerant?

Magic 8-ball says:

The normal mammalian condition is for the young of a species to lose the ability to digest milk sugar (lactose) effectively after the end of the weaning period (a species-specific length of time often equal to roughly 3% of lifespan). In humans, lactase production usually drops about 90% during the first four years of life, although the exact drop over time varies widely. However, certain human populations have undergone a mutation on chromosome 2 which results in a bypass of the common shutdown in lactase production, allowing members of these populations to continue consumption of fresh milk and other milk products throughout their lives.

There is some debate on exactly where and when the mutation(s) occurred, some arguing for separate mutation events in Sweden (which has one of the lowest levels of lactose intolerance in the world) and the Arabian Peninsula near 4000 BC which converged as they spread, while others argue for a single event in the Middle East at about 4500 BC which radiated from there. Some sources suggest a third and more recent mutation in the East African Tutsi. Whatever the precise origin in time and place, most modern Western Europeans and people of Western European ancestry show the effects of this mutation (that is, they are able to safely consume milk products all their lives) while most modern East Asians, sub-Saharan Africans and native peoples of the Americas and Pacific Islands do not (making them lactose intolerant as adults)

more

It's really lactose tolerance that's strange.

#49 epobirs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8512 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:01 PM

Alternatively, knowing I can consume something that'll have me farting like a hurricane is useful if there is someone I need to annoy. Another item that does the trick is sorbitol sweetened candies promoted to diabetics and dieters. I tried some many years ago and soon felt like I was one of the rotten kids touring Willy Wonka's factory.
If I thought I needed to get out in the sunshine I'd play Boktai.

#50 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5585 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:27 AM

My Stomach is made of steel. I just had a protein bar and a nutrition shake which are heavy on both dairy ingredients AND sugar alcohols. No problems.

And for the record, Blizzards are fucking GREAT.

Bet Olean would Fuck your stomach up. My Aunt and I both have a stomach like yours pretty much and Olean fucked hers up.
Posted Image

#51 ZeroSupporT   By Your Powers Combined.. CAGiversary!   1333 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

ZeroSupporT

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:06 AM

I have never had a problem but both of my cousins were severely lactose intolerant, used to pour orange juice on their cereal, buhhhhh...

#52 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5585 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2006 - 01:06 PM

I have never had a problem but both of my cousins were severely lactose intolerant, used to pour orange juice on their cereal, buhhhhh...

Ewww.
Posted Image

#53 Dick Tracy   The Man in the Yellow Hat CAGiversary!   38657 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2006 - 01:31 PM

I wonder if I'm lactose intolerant...

Every time I eat Papa John's (which has a lot of cheese) or icecream, I'm constantly on the brink of shitting my pants.

Also, anyone remember Lactose Intolerant Man (or whatever the Hell his name was) from All That?

Terrible show.

NsyncVEVO.png

#54 grendel19   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:15 PM

The key is to consume dairy products in small doses. A glass of milk a day, or a small shake instead of medium/large. Works for me.

I don't do lactase pills or lactose free stuff. But no runs or gas is going to come between me and my gallon of cookies n' cream or Orea blizzard.

Playing:
:pc: Dead Space 3; Fallout New Vegas (on break)
:ps3:
:360: Halo 2
Feedbacks: CAG | Heat | ebay

#55 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17250 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:24 PM

and as I said before, the TEST RESULTS.

Ok I am alergic to Cats (too bad because I started liking them when I was with my relationship with my ex long ago), dogs (a bit), dust mites, and some trees, but no grass :| I did ask about the Lactois thing and he said I may in deed be lactois intoerant. He said try lactois (?) pills before eating/drinking any dairy products (milk/cheese) and see if that helps, if not I should start taking Calcium Suppliments (pills, yuck) and avoid milk altogether.. man I use to love cereal and oatmeal for breakfast, now I can't.

But my right arm is full of spots from the tests :O

lol

#56 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5585 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:30 AM

Terrible show.

I heart Brak. ^_^

That show was a giant POS. I know movie buffs who gave that piece of dog shit a pass and they'd dryhump the latest Miike Takashi film. BOO!
Now "Roundhouse" had some funny shit though. Shit even though "Hype" on WB wasn't completely good, the Priceline parodies were fucking great.
edit: ITD why not just eat Broccoli instead?
Posted Image

#57 Pancake Rabbit   Have A Cigar CAGiversary!   8427 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Pancake Rabbit

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:44 AM

I wonder if I'm lactose intolerant...

Every time I eat Papa John's (which has a lot of cheese) or icecream, I'm constantly on the brink of shitting my pants.

Also, anyone remember Lactose Intolerant Man (or whatever the Hell his name was) from All That?

Terrible show.

Yeah you're definitely lactose intolerant. Yes I do remember Lactose Intolerant Man and yes he was sweet.

Posted Image

#58 Moxio   Supervillain CAGiversary!   35394 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:50 AM

Yeah you're definitely lactose intolerant. Yes I do remember Lactose Intolerant Man and yes he was sweet.

SuperDude?

#59 ZeroSupporT   By Your Powers Combined.. CAGiversary!   1333 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

ZeroSupporT

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:55 AM

I heart Brak. ^_^

That show was a giant POS. I know movie buffs who gave that piece of dog shit a pass and they'd dryhump the latest Miike Takashi film. BOO!
Now "Roundhouse" had some funny shit though. Shit even though "Hype" on WB wasn't completely good, the Priceline parodies were fucking great.

"Down at the Roundhouse!"

I haven't met a single person that remembers that show, it was so fucking funny. Especially the dad in the mobile lazyboy, reminds me of Red from "That 70s Show" Ya dumbass

#60 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17250 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:22 PM

I've eaten broccoli before and I don't think its caused me any problems... but it would be nice to go to DQ and get me some Blizzard treats without having to have an atomic eruption :(