10 for $50 or 25 for $100 Geneon sale @ Rightstuf (Dead!)

Rihan

CAGiversary!
From now through Oct. 1st, Rightstuf has a deal on select Geneon DVDs and CDs of 10 for $50 or 25 for $100. The complete list of eligible titles is availble through the link on the front page of www.rightstuf.com

You MUST buy exactly 10 or 25 DVDs and CDs. Coupon codes are Bounty10 and Bounty25.

And of course, free shipping.

A few other things, 1) You can only have sale items in your cart, if you want other things you must make a seperate order. 2) No duplicate copies of a title can be purchased at the same time.

And for the love of god, stay away from the Cardcaptors DVDs.

It works, I just ordered $200 worth of stuff. I knew not buying any Geneon stuff EVER would pay off in the end. Hooray!

Well, now I'm going to have to get Last Exile.

If you want to see the list of titles go to the advance search option and click the box for the sale at the top of the list.

i know i want
Akira
Trigun: The First Donuts soundtrack
the pillows- My Foot

i was thinking about either the 7 gungrave dvds or 7 last exile dvds

any thoughts or recommendations

Holy shit, deals like this make my jewdar go crazy, gotta control myself. So many series i've bought for a lot more are in there... Even more that i want to buy...

I definately recommend the Gungrave, Hellsing, Lain, Paranoia Agent & Heat Guy J

Heres what i bought:

Appleseed DVD (Hyb) - Feature Only
Bottle Fairy DVD 1 (Hyb): Spring & Summer
Chobits DVD 1 (Hyb): Persocom
Chobits DVD 2 (Hyb): The Empty City
Chobits DVD 3 (Hyb): Darkness Descends
Chobits DVD 4 (Hyb): Love Defined
Chobits DVD 5 (Hyb): Disappearance
Chobits DVD 6 (Hyb): My Only Person
Chobits DVD 7 (Hyb): Chat Room
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo DVD 1 (Hyb)
Gungrave DVD 3 (Hyb): Undead War
Gungrave DVD 5 (Hyb): The Protector
Gungrave DVD 6 (Hyb): Erosion
Gungrave DVD 7 (Hyb): To The Grave
Hellsing DVD 2 (Hyb): Blood Brothers
Hellsing DVD 4 (Hyb): Eternal Damnation
Last Exile DVD 1 (Hyb): First Move
Last Exile DVD 2 (Hyb): Positional Play
Last Exile DVD 3 (Hyb): Discovered Attack
Last Exile DVD 4 (Hyb): Breakthrough
Last Exile DVD 5 (Hyb): Grand Stream
Last Exile DVD 6 (Hyb): Queen Delphine
Last Exile DVD 7 (Hyb): Sealed Move
Texhnolyze DVD 1 (Hyb): Inhumane & Beautiful
Texhnolyze DVD 2 (Hyb): Spectacle

Grand total $100 shipped (yea, i chose economy, didnt wanna pay $28 for shipping). Hopefully nothing gets backordered. This has gotta be the best deal ive seen yet, just wish it was all of the Geneon titles (i need to get me some Samurai Champloo) Im glad i finally can complete my Tex, Hellsing & Gungrave collections. All i need are the artboxes.

Ok im at the site....and i clicked on Eligible for Geneon Bountiful Bargains! and a long list came up.....so anything on this list is eligible for 10 for $50??? even the deluxe edition of Akia???

Could you guys give some recommendations, this could be a nice cheap way to stock up.

I like Samurai Champloo not on the list, Akira I have of course, Cowboy Bebop and others mostly action titles but story driven ones like Spirited Away but not corny like Dragon Ball Z or the like.

[quote name='yashiroae86']Ok im at the site....and i clicked on Eligible for Geneon Bountiful Bargains! and a long list came up.....so anything on this list is eligible for 10 for $50??? even the deluxe edition of Akia???[/QUOTE]

You have to select "Yes" in the box to the right of that in order to get the list.......or you can just click the link in my OP

Sweet soooooo....all you have to do is put 10 DVDs in your cart and proceed to check out and BAM its only $50??

Head Piece - They do have Samurai Champloo.....but on UMD

Jeez, there goes my Wii money. I've already placed two orders, and am very close to ordering a 3rd. Looks like I'm gonna have to request more hours at work... I just really need to stop going to rightstuf. They're literally killing me. :lol:

[quote name='yashiroae86']Sweet soooooo....all you have to do is put 10 DVDs in your cart and proceed to check out and BAM its only $50??

Head Piece - They do have Samurai Champloo.....but on UMD[/QUOTE]

You have to use the coupon codes Bounty10 or Bounty25 depending on how many items you get.

oh carp, most of the stuff is out of stock. You think they'll order more or do like they said that'll they'll make you choose another one, since you can't cancel?

[quote name='wolverinefactor']How is the Star Ocean anime?[/QUOTE]

Like every anime based on an RPG, it's a solid 3 out of 5.

Oh yeah, and it ends in the middle of the game (maybe they didn't notice to message that told them to switch to the second disc?)

Nice OP/ED though, you can probably listen to them on youtube.

Here's what I got:
1 Ah! My Goddess the Motion Picture +
1 Appleseed +
4 Haibane Renmeis +
4 Lains Experimenting +
4 NieA_7s +
4 Paranoia Agents +
4 Rumiko Takahashis +
3 Lunar Legends =

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Whats the difference between the Geneon Signature Series Brand of DVDs and the Original ? Im talking about Lain in particular[/QUOTE]

Red bar on the top that says signature series. Also just to let people know the coupon is reusuable and thus you can order as many times as you want. So bank accounts watch out basically. It was painful cutting down to 25 here.

I've been told they're the same, except for a red "greatest hits" stripe. Oh, and rightstuf seems to be out of vol 3 of the non-SS, so if you want them to match...

What do you recommend?
I got All Lain and All Paranoid Agent.
Should I get only 2 more items? If so, what should they be? Soundtracks? cant decide!!!

You could get the two singles I ordered, two RahXephon soundtracks, the two Onmyoji movies, or Bottle Fairy (2 DVDs) which is supposedly too cute for anybody over 5.

How are you guys still getting stuff like Paranoia Agent and Trigun? It's all "On order" or i.e. out of stock since the last time I checked a few hours ago.

[quote name='Grico']Red bar on the top that says signature series. Also just to let people know the coupon is reusuable and thus you can order as many times as you want. So bank accounts watch out basically. It was painful cutting down to 25 here.[/QUOTE]

I was about to ask the same thing, so thanks. :) It sucks that not only can I not get all of Trigun matching, but they don't have the 3rd dvd at all. That Haibane Renmei is really calling my name, since I've seen the first 3-4 episodes and really found it to be interesting. Then it's not hard to fill in more after I got started. :p Not sure if my bank account will tolerate this tho...

[quote name='Sirmackerel']How are you guys still getting stuff like Paranoia Agent and Trigun? It's all "On order" or i.e. out of stock since the last time I checked a few hours ago.[/quote]
Becuase they don't block orders on out of stock. That's the catch, since if it's out of stock, they'll make you shoose something else, since you can't cancel.

Robert-Shaw---Jaws-Photograph-C10101701.jpeg

The taxidermy man's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I've brought him!

[quote name='Mad-B-Man']Becuase they don't block orders on out of stock. That's the catch, since if it's out of stock, they'll make you shoose something else, since you can't cancel.[/QUOTE]

From my understanding from the very long AOD thread, that as long as they can still get it from the supplier, there's a good chance it'll ship.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']From my understanding from the very long AOD thread, that as long as they can still get it from the supplier, there's a good chance it'll ship.[/quote]

That's nice to hear actually, since I actually took the risk and ordered a bunch of stuff that was out of stock.

Might go home and get more. I get paid today anyway.

This has to be one of the strangest sales.

I started out with nine items, since I wasn't going to spend $100. I chose Haibane Renmei x 4, Gankutsuou, and Human Condition x 4.

But I couldn't find that 10th title. I didn't really want to buy one of a set (that's what Netflix is for) or a soundtrack.

So, I went looking for that 10th title, read some reviews of titles I wasn't familiar with, and I found that Human Condition had some not so good reviews. Well, strike that.

So down to 5. Requiem from the Darkness? Maybe. On second thought, no. Besides, then I'd just be back to 9. Hey, how about Last Exile and Haibane Renmei?

Crap, that's 11. But I want them all. But I can't get 11. And I'm not going to 25. AAUUGH!!

So, out with Haibane #1 since I already Netflixed it and can probably get it cheaply at some other store (could have been you, Rightstuf. Oh well).

So,

3 x Haibane Renmei
7 x Last Exile
1 x Credit Card bill I really don't want to see this month

Well, I kept my order up & kept thinking about it, but I finally caved & pulled the trigger. Here's what I got:

Fushigi Yugi: The Mysterious Play: Fushigi Yugi Eikoden DVD (Hyb)
Haibane Renmei DVD 1 (Hyb): New Feather
Haibane Renmei DVD 2 (Hyb): Wings of Sorrow
Haibane Renmei DVD 3 (Hyb): Bird of Freedom
Haibane Renmei DVD 4 (Hyb): Day of Flight
Lain, Serial Experiments DVD 4 (Hyb): Reset
Paranoia Agent DVD 1 (Hyb): Enter Lil' Slugger
Paranoia Agent DVD 2 (Hyb): True Believers
Paranoia Agent DVD 3 (Hyb): Serial Psychosis
Paranoia Agent DVD 4 (Hyb): Sayonara Maromi
Sugar, A Little Snow Fairy DVD 1 (Hyb): Sweet Mischief
Sugar, A Little Snow Fairy DVD 2 (Hyb): Friends & Dreams
Sugar, A Little Snow Fairy DVD 3 (Hyb): The Bear Pianist
Sugar, A Little Snow Fairy DVD 4 (Hyb): Magical Sparkling Days
Sugar, A Little Snow Fairy DVD 5 (Hyb): Home Sweet Home
Sugar, A Little Snow Fairy DVD 6 (Hyb): Sugar Baby Love
Sugar, A Little Snow Fairy Summer Special DVD (Hyb)
Texhnolyze DVD 1 (Hyb): Inhumane & Beautiful
Trigun DVD 1 (Hyb): The $60 Billion Man - Geneon Signature Series
Trigun DVD 2 (Hyb): Lost Past - Geneon Signature Series
Trigun DVD 4 (Hyb)
Trigun DVD 5 (Hyb): Angel Arms - Geneon Signature Series
Trigun DVD 6 (Hyb): Project Seeds - Geneon Signature Series
Trigun DVD 7 (Hyb): Puppet Master - Geneon Signature Series
Trigun DVD 8 (Hyb): High Noon

The Haibane Renmei & Trigun I've seen a few episodes of before & really liked them. The Paranoia Agent I've heard a lot about. Sugar looks like something my wife & I would enjoy watching together. And lastly, the Lain is for a friend (he's missing the last one), and the Texholyze is just to try (it looks a lot like Lain, and that really wasn't one of my favorites...).

Now, I just hope they all ship. :)

EDIT: Oh, and the Fushigi Yugi OAVs finish off my wife's set (since I know everyone was wondering :p)

It appears Rightstuf has the actual sale list blocked to linking, however everyone seems to be finding it alright. Just use the link on the right side of the Rightstuf homepage.

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']is TEXNOLYZE, or however you spell it, any good? I liked lain and Haibane; is it sort of trippy like those two?[/QUOTE]

Ya know, I watched the first Disc and I can't tell yet, because it was sooo slow. At least the first disc is.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Hmm should I go Stellvia or Vandread?[/QUOTE]

The first 3 episodes of Vanrded I saw were boring. Stellvia is at least by the director of Nadesico and thus could be good ( I have not seen it)

Wow, with their site so bogged down, it's taking forever to add things to my cart! I couldn't believe when I saw this in my email - I had to read it a couple times. Great deal, lots of great titles.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Ya know, I watched the first Disc and I can't tell yet, because it was sooo slow. At least the first disc is.[/quote]
Like, what, lain-slow?

bread's done
Back