10 for $50 or 25 for $100 Geneon sale @ Rightstuf (Dead!)

Rihan

CAGiversary!
From now through Oct. 1st, Rightstuf has a deal on select Geneon DVDs and CDs of 10 for $50 or 25 for $100. The complete list of eligible titles is availble through the link on the front page of www.rightstuf.com

You MUST buy exactly 10 or 25 DVDs and CDs. Coupon codes are Bounty10 and Bounty25.

And of course, free shipping.

A few other things, 1) You can only have sale items in your cart, if you want other things you must make a seperate order. 2) No duplicate copies of a title can be purchased at the same time.

And for the love of god, stay away from the Cardcaptors DVDs.

The best anime deal ever & I endup spend $300 for 75 DVDs. I already received 25 DVDs & 45 DVD's is on the way home (maybe around this satursday) and 5 DVDs still back order. I endup working lots of overtimes to pay off my credit card. Still hope TRI have the sales again so i can pickup all Lupin the 3rd :)

[quote name='Chacrana']Victorious Boxers or something. Anyway, I suppose that it's technically your decision, but Fighting Spirit is worth $30 per DVD. Hell, it's worth more than a lot of people. And you get 5 episodes per disc which is nice.[/QUOTE]I don't know if it's worth actual people... :cold:

Victorious Boxers is the Ippo game. Speaking of which, tell that friend about this:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109450

[quote name='B:L']I don't know if it's worth actual people... :cold:

Victorious Boxers is the Ippo game. Speaking of which, tell that friend about this:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109450[/quote]

Ah, yes, Victorious Boxers. I told my friend about the sequel a few days ago (I also saw that thread; Just forgot the name of the game ^_^ ). He justified his early purchase of a PS2 because of that game. I never played it though (no PS2 for me). Unsurprisingly, he was psyched about the news; and only $10 to boot!

[quote name='Ndolger']Ah, yes, Victorious Boxers. I told my friend about the sequel a few days ago (I also saw that thread; Just forgot the name of the game ^_^ ). He justified his early purchase of a PS2 because of that game. I never played it though (no PS2 for me). Unsurprisingly, he was psyched about the news; and only $10 to boot![/QUOTE]I'd be psyched too if I watched Ippo.

I got my shipment earlier this week and started plowing through the Fighting Spirit DVDs I got (1-11, 13).

It's so good.

SO GOOD.

[quote name='B:L']I'd be psyched too if I watched Ippo.

I got my shipment earlier this week and started plowing through the Fighting Spirit DVDs I got (1-11, 13).

It's so good.

SO GOOD.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! Someone else gets it. You understand the greatness that is Fighting Spirit.

It's too bad that the show has apparently been selling terribly for Geneon. If what Geneon has said is any indication, we're just lucky that they're releasing the entire series. Then again, it's a sports anime which almost guarantees poor sales (and sports shows usually deserve it...)

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah! Someone else gets it. You understand the greatness that is Fighting Spirit.

It's too bad that the show has apparently been selling terribly for Geneon. If what Geneon has said is any indication, we're just lucky that they're releasing the entire series. Then again, it's a sports anime which almost guarantees poor sales (and sports shows usually deserve it...)[/quote]

I know championship road is coming out, but any word on the Takamura special episode? Or do you think they'd put that with the Kimura vs Mashiba OAV.

good pics in this thread.

Victorious Boxers is the game all the new Fight Night/KnockOut Kings were based on. love to hear/see more about the DVD, hope the art is good.

[quote name='rokkon']I know championship road is coming out, but any word on the Takamura special episode? Or do you think they'd put that with the Kimura vs Mashiba OAV.[/QUOTE]

They're probably throwing that on the DVD with the OVA. 'Cause IIRC, the OVA is only like 60 minutes or something. I specifically recall that Geneon said they were releasing absolutely all of Ippo on DVD... so it's going to be there somewhere.

[quote name='Chacrana']They're probably throwing that on the DVD with the OVA. 'Cause IIRC, the OVA is only like 60 minutes or something. I specifically recall that Geneon said they were releasing absolutely all of Ippo on DVD... so it's going to be there somewhere.[/quote]

Awesome, I can finally say goodbye to my fansubs. Now all we need is some company to start putting out the 70+ volumes of manga... heh, yeah, right, that's way too long for a company to invest in, especially if the tv series isn't selling well. :cry:

Here's most of them:

I had very little interest in Fighting Spirit, but with all the praise it's been getting, I thought I'd give it a try.

So You're the one person to actually buy the Gregory Horror Show...

Good luck sitting through em, that was a struggle for me, lol.

Jack, Nice work getting all four Paranoia Agents.

Lemme know what you thought of Master Keaton. I found it terribly dull. I had 3 dvds which I had picked up from BigLots about a year ago, and watched a total of two episodes. I couldn't sit through another, so I traded them into Blockbuster.

[quote name='Jack']Here's most of them:

I had very little interest in Fighting Spirit, but with all the praise it's been getting, I thought I'd give it a try.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! More Fighting Spirit! Seriously, this show should've been terrible given that it's about boxing of all things... all it took for me to really like the show was the first episode... and by the end of the first disc, I was completely addicted.

My package should be shipping soon... They're shipping out everything but Heat Guy J Vol. 5, but that's still approx 32 DVDs I'm getting in that order.

[quote name='SlaughterX']Boxing is the shit, dunno what you're talking about...[/QUOTE]

When an anime is about sports, it usually isn't very good.

[quote name='Chacrana']When an anime is about sports, it usually isn't very good.[/QUOTE]Yeah, usually, just with the exceptions of Hajime no Ippo, Eyeshield 21, Captain Tsubasa, Ashita no Joe, Princess Nine, Slam Dunk, Prince of Tennis, Grander Musashi, Arcade Gamer Fubuki, Battle Athletes, High School Baseball Ninja, Ping Pong Club, Tiger Mask, Kinnikuman, Whistle, and Hikaru no Go, amongst others that I may have forgotten.

I'm a big fan of Touch myself, and I find baseball so very boring. The truth is, most sports anime are about the characters, not the sport, so they always seem like they'd be terrible, but in actuality they're usually really good. You might not like the sport, but it doesn't mean the anime will be terrible.

[quote name='rokkon']I'm a big fan of Touch myself, and I find baseball so very boring. The truth is, most sports anime are about the characters, not the sport, so they always seem like they'd be terrible, but in actuality they're usually really good. You might not like the sport, but it doesn't mean the anime will be terrible.[/quote]

yeeee i totally agree with that one :applause:

I saw the preview of Ippo and thought it looked stupid (I'm not a fan of boxing and the animation was a little meh to me). However, I'm sure it's great. Most good sport anime is good because of the character development, without a doubt.

I definitely understand the concept that just because you don't like a particular sport, doesn't mean some other form of entertainment about it won't be good (i.e. Punch Out!).

To those who've seen Excel Saga, was Ippo the series that was constantly being parodied in that? There were numerous references to a boxing anime, I just don't recall which series it was.

[quote name='B:L']Yeah, usually, just with the exceptions of Hajime no Ippo, Eyeshield 21, Captain Tsubasa, Ashita no Joe, Princess Nine, Slam Dunk, Prince of Tennis, Grander Musashi, Arcade Gamer Fubuki, Battle Athletes, High School Baseball Ninja, Ping Pong Club, Tiger Mask, Kinnikuman, Whistle, and Hikaru no Go, amongst others that I may have forgotten.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to a lot of those... like Battle Athletes, Prince of Tennis, Princess Nine, and Ping Pong Club... different strokes I guess.

[quote name='Ndolger']I saw the preview of Ippo and thought it looked stupid (I'm not a fan of boxing and the animation was a little meh to me). However, I'm sure it's great. Most good sport anime is good because of the character development, without a doubt.

I definitely understand the concept that just because you don't like a particular sport, doesn't mean some other form of entertainment about it won't be good (i.e. Punch Out!).

To those who've seen Excel Saga, was Ippo the series that was constantly being parodied in that? There were numerous references to a boxing anime, I just don't recall which series it was.[/QUOTE]

1) The trailer is stupid and the show should be stupid... but it's not just the character development that's good... the fighting is much more entertaining than you'd think and the show is downright hilarious. The training episodes are something you look forward to just because they're so damn funny sometimes.

2) I don't think that Excel was making fun of Ippo... 'cause Ippo came out in 2000 and IIRC, Excel came out in 1999. It was probably making fun of Ashita no Joe which was really popular back in the day.

3) Rightstuf's got... I think all of Fighting Spirit in the bargain bin right now. If you miss out on this, you don't deserve to watch the show.

All the sports related animemanga I hear people talking about, I've heard nothign but positive things, but I suppose they wouldn't be talking about them if they sucked. Well now I have to get some more moeny to order the rest of these Ippo DVDs, I just dropped $100 at the TRU sale, god I both love and hate this time of the year...

I got around to watching some X at work today, and it reminded me why I loved the show so damn much. Congratulations to all of you out there who were smart enough to buy it. Ditto for Ippo.

Here's 22 of the 25 I ordered:

X 4 and 8 came in those black sleeves, sorry they're hard to see.

EDIT: Lain 1 and Akira shipped on th 25th, yay. Haibaine-Renmei 3 is still backordered.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I got around to watching some X at work today, and it reminded me why I loved the show so damn much. Congratulations to all of you out there who were smart enough to buy it. Ditto for Ippo.[/quote]

I saw the movie a while ago and I didn't like it at all, is the series any better, or if I didn't liek the movie is there any chance that I might like the series, or is it just more of the same?

Also all of the 9 Ippo DVDs that are on sale now are the same ones I got during the Genon sale... :( Ohh well, at least I still got them for half that price... :)

[quote name='SlaughterX']I saw the movie a while ago and I didn't like it at all, is the series any better, or if I didn't liek the movie is there any chance that I might like the series, or is it just more of the same?

Also all of the 9 Ippo DVDs that are on sale now are the same ones I got during the Genon sale... :( Ohh well, at least I still got them for half that price... :)[/QUOTE]

The X movie is pretty terrible. The X TV series is far better in every way imaginable. You might want to look into the rerelease of the show though called X: Remix. I think it had 5.1 audio or something...

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I got around to watching some X at work today, and it reminded me why I loved the show so damn much. Congratulations to all of you out there who were smart enough to buy it. Ditto for Ippo.[/quote]

A Lot of people like this show, but if you asked me, what I rented of it (3 volumes is pretty bad.

Don't really wanna see anymore, but you never know.

As for me, 1 of 3 of my packages arrived which included Sam7 vol.7_Box!
YAY!

I'll post pics when I get them all.

after a month of wating i am finally going to get part of my package. the only one i will not get now is akria. i wil post pics of the dvds when they get here.

bread's done
Back