Dragon Quest Yangus $16 shipped (asia version)

Dragon Quest....Angus BEEF!?!?!!? Lol, sorry I just haaad to say that. That's a pretty good deal but what's this game about? If I'm reading the game description right it's the prequel to Dragon Quest VIII?

Take some characters from Draqon Quest VIII and a similar art style and then mix it with more of a straight up dungeon crawler design and some Pokemon style monster collecting.... pretty much sums it up :)

And there's probably no chance of this coming to America, so it's likely a good deal for some....

Hmmm. How hard is it to mod your PS2 to play Japanese games? Anybody? Of course this means that I would also have to find a translated script to follow the game, but I do love Dragon Quest....

[quote name='Sauza12']Hmmm. How hard is it to mod your PS2 to play Japanese games? Anybody? Of course this means that I would also have to find a translated script to follow the game, but I do love Dragon Quest....[/quote]

You can mod PS2 by soldering a chip in the motherboard or you can boot PS2 up with a special disc before running the game.

[quote name='super_nerd']Dragon Quest....Angus BEEF!?!?!!? Lol, sorry I just haaad to say that. [/quote]

LOL I thought of the same thing but you beat me to it =P

HDLoader is much easier... all you need is a bigger hard drive with the network adapter, buy the HDLoader dvd, install it, and then install a program to your pc to transfer the game files, and voila!

Itll play *MOST*(like 80% compatibility) games... including all usa/europe/jap... except europe(pal) doesnt display right and you have to convert the games... make it look like crap usually too.

LOLz dbz4ever, angus party for everyone (except for non cow eaters) The game sounds decent but I'll probably get my friend to buy it and borrow it off of him :D

[quote name='super_nerd']LOLz dbz4ever, angus party for everyone (except for non cow eaters) The game sounds decent but I'll probably get my friend to buy it and borrow it off of him :D[/quote]
I need to take some Japanese before playing those games, always get lost or miss the story.

Cor Blimey, Yangus got his own game in Japan!? Just beat Dragon Quest VIII so no thanks. As for this game it seems a lot like the GBC Dragon Monsters game which doesn't need any modding and is dirt cheap now.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Take some characters from Draqon Quest VIII and a similar art style and then mix it with more of a straight up dungeon crawler design and some Pokemon style monster collecting.... pretty much sums it up :)

And there's probably no chance of this coming to America, so it's likely a good deal for some....[/quote] grrrr i wanted this game to come to the States.

[quote name='richbastard']grrrr i wanted this game to come to the States.[/quote]

So they can jack up the price here and you can show off your money? You rich bastard !! j/k =P

Cor Blimey!!!!!!!!!! I just got my DQ yangus yesterday and got it installed on my HDD. This game is awesome!!!Can't understand a word except for the occasional "Yangus" ,but its's fun and I love the graphics and the animated style cutscenes.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Take some characters from Draqon Quest VIII and a similar art style and then mix it with more of a straight up dungeon crawler design and some Pokemon style monster collecting.... pretty much sums it up :)

And there's probably no chance of this coming to America, so it's likely a good deal for some....[/QUOTE]

so to remind folks of the good ol' SATs...

Grandia Extreme is to Grandia
as Dragon Quest Yangus is to Dragon Quest.

[quote name='sandrokstar']so to remind folks of the good ol' SATs...

Grandia Extreme is to Grandia
as Dragon Quest Yangus is to Dragon Quest.[/QUOTE]

Well... some more accurate comparisons would be:

Chocobo's Dungeon 2 : Final Fantasy
Torneko The Last Hope: Dragon Quest IV
Pokemon Rescue Team: Pokemon

as

DQ Yangus : DQVIII

Yangus is a "Mysterious Dungeon" game, as are the three games mentioned above. Essentially a dungeon crawler with DQVIII characters. It's a popular spin-off in Japan. Don't expect a deep story based game, it's just a dungeon hack. I think they're fun, but certainly very different from a standard Dragon Quest RPG.

Grandia Xtreme was still definitely an RPG, even if it was very battle focused. It's not as different from Grandia 1-3 as the Mysterious Dungeon games are to their RPG counterparts.

bread's done
Back