Neverwinter Nights 2 Limited Edition - 49.99 @ Gogamer.com (preorder)

[quote name='soliddragon']In like Flynn, Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

FLINT

HE_5_InLikeFlint.jpg

IN LIKE FLINT!

I have never ordered from gogamer before. Are they a reputable and trustworthy site to order from? If they are at least as good as Gamestop/Eb Games then I will preorder this. Thanks.

[quote name='kraid']I have never ordered from gogamer before. Are they a reputable and trustworthy site to order from? If they are at least as good as Gamestop/Eb Games then I will preorder this. Thanks.[/quote]

I have ordered from them many times. and have never had a problem with them. Other than the prices for console games being a little high, as their forte is PC gaming, I think they are better than EB/GS in my opinion.

GoGamer is probably the best online store for pc games. They're solid across the board from customer service to their Madness sale with new releases for like $30. One small thing that may bug some people though is that on those deals they're sometimes "international" versions but it's just small variation in packaging. Actually if anything you get better packaging then.

I'll probably wait on this until it's part of the Madness though since the "special" contents are the toolset (which everyone has access to) and a stronghold.

[quote name='amusedtoe']GoGamer is probably the best online store for pc games. They're solid across the board from customer service to their Madness sale with new releases for like $30. One small thing that may bug some people though is that on those deals they're sometimes "international" versions but it's just small variation in packaging. Actually if anything you get better packaging then.

I'll probably wait on this until it's part of the Madness though since the "special" contents are the toolset (which everyone has access to) and a stronghold.[/QUOTE]

How often are the madness sales?

I'd like to tell you there's some pattern to it but it truely seems arbitrary. They're all called 48 Hour Madness but they're rarely that short and are usually between 4 and 7 days. Usually one starts up after the previous one ended more or less, this time there was a couple days before the one that started today since I guess their new site caused a couple problems with orders from the last one.

Thanks for the replies to my question about how reputable this site is. I have now preordered this game and look forward to playing it.

[quote name='Over easy']Anyone knows what's in the limited edition?[/QUOTE]
Certainly not a Linux client, that's for sure. fucking Atari. Or rather Company-that-bought-the-Atari-name-but-has-no-actual-connection-to-Atari.

Well I was simply going off what GoGamers page said, since it's usually right, and there's been plenty of "special editions" that were rather lacking. What's up with the UK ones though where the Chaotic Evil box is 10 pounds, or 20 dollars, more and has less?

That art book would probably swing me to just going ahead and ordering it if it wasn't going to be some dinky worthless thing to fit in the dinky little box. If only it was nice and big and hardcover like the Warcraft one... All the other stuff is just like what came with the Baldurs Gate 2 collectors edition which was a waste of money.

Does anyone know if the limited edition is still available at gogamer? I was able to get there with the link, but an actual search of the site doesn't bring it up. I already ordered it from bestbuy.com, but would rather get it from gogamer. And I have no idea how reliable ordering from bestbuy.com is going to be on this as I think the LE is selling out at other places.

Not yet, but GG now lists the release date for the NWN 2 LE as Nov. 3rd, so I'm hoping that means it'll ship tomorrow.

[quote name='soliddragon']EB got theirs in today. *anger rising*[/QUOTE]

I saw a bunch of the regular editions at Best Buy the other day but no LE. I can wait a couple days, especially since I just got FFXII.
BTW Soliddragon who is that busty Asian girl in your avatar?

I emailed Gogamer notifying them that my order had been "processing" for 3 days or more. This is the reply I received at 1:20CST on 11/3:

"Please note that Neverwinter nights 2 Limited edition is running a little late and should be either shipped out by today or by next week Monday.
If you need to make any changes to your order please write us back with your order number."

I think I'll buy Railroads or something over the weekend to tide me over.

Gogamer used to be such a reliable site! I'm not sure if it's just them to be blamed, as shipments for this game seem to be sporadic! Some EB's in my area have gotten them, but then others havent.

My order was cancelled due to billing address errors. I ended up calling them and getting my order reinstated, they said it should be noted in my 'orders' with them, but not yet :roll: So we'll see.

I have so much to play right now, I'm not stressing it, as long as it ships by next tues.

blame atari, just because they have screwed up so much in the past it is fun to blame them(yes i know the atari now has nothing to do with the atari of old, they are atari in name only) it is just fun to blame atari

My Gogamer/NWN2 LE Saga

I pre orded this puppy via this post (Great deal BTW) on 9/29. So just like everybody else, I was waiting and waiting after the games release date for Gogamer to ship it out. What I got a couple days after it's release was a cancellation notice for my order. My billing address had changed since I ordered it, and instead of calling me, they just cancelled the dang thing.

I was pissed, but I called them up, and they were very nice on the phone *Kudos!* I explained the situation, and was able to get my order replaced for the same price (As it had gone up for the LE).

So this week I get my box, I open it and Lo and Behold, it's not the one I ordered! WTF?! *Anger Rising* I had opened the box, because I wasn't sure if it was infact the LE or the Normal version as I had not seen the box before. But it was the Normal version-nothing in the box but the manual and dvd.

I call them the next day and explain the situation, and once again their customer service is on point and very courteous. They are shipping me the correct version and a return box for me to send back the one I'd recieved even though I'd opened it.(non-installed)

Anyways, here's hoping I get the right one this time, but I have to highly commend their customer service, and for that I'm willing to put up with these shipping/order mistakes.

bread's done
Back