* * * * * 1 votes

Transformers Toys - Deals & Discussion

Transformers Autobot Deception Beast Wars Optimus Prime Megatron Hasbro Takara SDCC Botcon

#6511 blandstalker   I am Irrelevant Bitching CAGiversary!   2627 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

blandstalker

Posted 07 November 2020 - 07:05 PM

Target is having an in-store promotion: for certain brands, including Transformers, it's Buy One Get One 50% off.  It was yesterday (the 6th) and today (the 7th).

This stacks with the 25% off one toy coupon.

I used this to pick up Masterpiece Movie Ironhide and Sky Lynx.  It takes the 25% off Ironhide, drops Sky Lynx to $40, and then redistributes the costs to both (in case you return them).  On the receipt, it lists Ironhide as 71.99 and Sky Lynx as $63.99.  Additional 5% off if you have a Red Card.

#6512 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2020 - 06:40 PM

Anyone find their Alicon guards at Aldi this week?

It's a really bad idea for me to go into stores (immunosuppressed) and my order is currently being filled, hopefully my shopper finds the two I ordered. I also figured to pick up some hard cider and wine while I was at it to make up for all those extra charges Instacart pulls. Free delivery my Aunt Fanny. Service tax, alcohol fee, and then tipping. Ugh. Whatever. I'll still be COVID-free once i wipe it all down.

EDIT: Well, that sucked. Instacart tells me "Dave has checked out"! No info that he couldn't find anything I ordered... and then 10 minutes later they send a message that the figures have been removed (he didn't find them) and that's that.

Well, I just spent $6 in fees for $22 in spinach, white wine and hard cider.

Fail Instacart, fail.

#6513 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2741 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2020 - 11:29 PM

My Aldi had them in the seasonal aisle with a few other toys.  Might be worth it to walk in real quick.

#6514 blandstalker   I am Irrelevant Bitching CAGiversary!   2627 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

blandstalker

Posted 28 November 2020 - 03:05 AM

I found Allicon at Wal-Mart, though it was not one of my local ones. This one had plenty of that wave: Smokescreen, Arcee, and Airwave. Passed on Airwave, as I will on the rest of those. The first one was enough.

My local Wal-marts never have anything. I don't understand how they can supposedly be the #1 toy retailer if they never have product in stock. It's not like they are selling out -- there's just never any product there.

#6515 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2741 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2020 - 01:04 PM

I haven't found a Quintesson in the wild at all, but found them on Bestbuy.com.

Toy coupon isn't working with them though.

Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Voyager WFC-E22 Quintesson Judge E7165 - Best Buy

#6516 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2020 - 06:51 PM

I haven't found a Quintesson in the wild at all, but found them on Bestbuy.com.

Toy coupon isn't working with them though.

Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Voyager WFC-E22 Quintesson Judge E7165 - Best Buy

Psh! I'll pay $30 for a Quintesson to have my two Alicons stand astride of it. (My mom, bless her heart checked out my other local Aldi and found them--one i paid for, the other she'll give me as a gift for Xmas; she's been pretty awesome since my childhood about finding and spotting TF's for me--she got me the entire Predacon G1 team one year, no dupes or left out figs! That was my best TF Xmas ever).

Thanks for the link! I didn't think I'd ever get one (though I think I had an opportunity earlier in the year before COVID hit). I'm going to pick mine up locally in a few weeks when it arrives.

Downside today, Amazon cancelled a lot of Medic 2 Pack WFC orders, including mine, despite promises and verification for the past few months. Another utter fail on Hasbro's part and theirs. I mean, you KNOW how many are coming in, how hard is it for your algorithms to see how many people ordered vs your inventory?

#6517 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7718 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2020 - 06:12 PM

I got my judge from the Quintesson Pit set, and I found 2 regular Allicons to go with him in the wild :D WM hasn't had the second wave of their exclusives here.. well, not the Voyagers anyways, found Elita-1 in store, haven't found Bumblebee yet, and no clue when or IF my Walmart order of him + Soundwave will ship. My BttF and Medic 2-pack arrived yesterday.

#6518 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2020 - 07:26 PM

I got my judge from the Quintesson Pit set, and I found 2 regular Allicons to go with him in the wild :D WM hasn't had the second wave of their exclusives here.. well, not the Voyagers anyways, found Elita-1 in store, haven't found Bumblebee yet, and no clue when or IF my Walmart order of him + Soundwave will ship. My BttF and Medic 2-pack arrived yesterday.

How the hell are medic packs showing up?! They cancelled so many of them the day of last week!

Where does one get the Quintesson pit set anyways? I didn't even know it existed til a few months ago.

I just can't go into stores, way too risky for me. I did pick up Decepticon Mirage and something else (I forget what) on WM's site for $19 apiece, which is great because places like Toywiz are asking $30 for him. I KNEW he wasn't a traitor--he was exactly what I expected--an infiltrator!

#6519 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10354 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2020 - 09:16 PM

eBay, it was a pulse exclusive sold out almost instantly.

#6520 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2020 - 10:40 PM

eBay, it was a pulse exclusive sold out almost instantly.

Huh. Must've missed that email.... or I didn't think highly at the time. (of course now that I have two Alicons and a Quintesson next week, I think differently.)

Of course now they're just setting up a perfect recreation of the scenes with Hot Rod and Kup '86 studio series coming out.

#6521 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7718 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2020 - 03:47 PM

https://hasbropulse....t-action-figure

Quintesson Pit, you've been able to preorder for their additional stock for ages. First time they had it up it lasted over an hour. No clue on the medic 2-pack, I put my order in about 2 minutes after it went live initially.

Found Bumblebee, Soundwave STILL hasn't shipped, I hate Walmart.

#6522 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2741 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2020 - 02:47 PM

Blaster reissue is down to around $20 at Walmart.

My store is supposed to have a couple, but I can't find them. :bomb:

#6523 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2021 - 10:30 PM

https://hasbropulse....t-action-figure

Quintesson Pit, you've been able to preorder for their additional stock for ages. First time they had it up it lasted over an hour. No clue on the medic 2-pack, I put my order in about 2 minutes after it went live initially.

Picked it up! Thanks for that! Also picked up the tiny Kingdom Prime from Target online.

#6524 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2741 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2021 - 02:29 PM

Gigawatt pre-order on sale at Gamestop for $24 as a daily deal. 

Transformers Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt Back to the Future 35 Edition Figure | GameStop

Edit: Well the page shows $24 but the discount doesn't show in the cart...still $30? :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:

Maybe it was working as shipping was $6 but was showing as FREE.  Either way I just got two for $50.  I'll sell the extra as it seems like they are going for $50+ on Ebay.

There are some more Transformers on sale too...a few of the upcoming Earthrise figures, Animated Movie updates, etc.

#6525 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2741 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:49 AM

Found the Ecto-1 transformer at Target today for $60.  Didn't know that was going to be in store anywhere.

#6526 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10354 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:58 PM

Found the Ecto-1 transformer at Target today for $60. Didn't know that was going to be in store anywhere.

I picked it up last week, I guess this is an afterlife version. Identical as the GameStop one with a minor paint job.

#6527 blandstalker   I am Irrelevant Bitching CAGiversary!   2627 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

blandstalker

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:43 PM

Blaster reissue is down to around $20 at Walmart.

My store is supposed to have a couple, but I can't find them. :bomb:

I found three at my otherwise barren store. When I went to a second Wal-Mart later in the week, they had none.

I still have my original G1 Blaster, but I took it apart as a kid and the eject mechanism never worked the same. Now I have a working version!

#6528 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2741 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2021 - 10:46 PM

Found 4 new retro remakes at Walmart.  Only one of each, which leads me to believe that is the case count.  I remember Mindswipe and Chromedome but forget the other two.

#6529 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10354 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2021 - 01:15 AM

Found 4 new retro remakes at Walmart.  Only one of each, which leads me to believe that is the case count.  I remember Mindswipe and Chromedome but forget the other two.

Hardhead & Brainstorm

#6530 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7718 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2021 - 08:41 PM

Haven't seen any headmasters yet, or ectotron :/ 

Devastator arrived yesterday, and I found Scourge + Hot Rod in store, but Hot Rod had already shipped from Amazon so I left him, the Amazon one arrived today.

#6531 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 07:12 PM

Found the Ecto-1 transformer at Target today for $60.  Didn't know that was going to be in store anywhere.

Yeah, it's an exclusive b/c it comes with the first issue of the crossover comic. Overpriced really for the extra--I remember when the figures came with IDW exclusive cover comics included for free with characters like Chromia. The overall graphic novel isn't all that great really--the art and the dialogue is fantastic, but the story is just so... hamfisted. The initial retconning of Cybertron being destroyed thanks to Zuul arriving in roboform and Starscream being stupid and selfish as always leading to the chosen destroyer was amusing though.

#6532 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7718 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2021 - 07:02 PM

Nabbed Ectotron, found the headmasters (Grabbed the case right off the pallet, wasn't messing around.) Got Trypticon for under MSRP on eBay, and wow I have a lot of these suddenly. I need them to reissue fortmax and metroplex now :D

#6533 blandstalker   I am Irrelevant Bitching CAGiversary!   2627 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

blandstalker

Posted 13 February 2021 - 11:01 PM

I have not seen the Headmasters at Wal-mart. I was able to pick up Elita-1 and Bumblebee (after not realizing they were exclusives and not available anywhere else).

Mostly at Target, but also at Wal-mart, I've been able to round out all the new Studio 86 and Kingdom releases except Cheetor. 

georox, I had the same thing as you -- finding Hot Rod after ordering it from Amazon -- but then forgot I had ordered it from Amazon. Now I have two.

They seem to be going pretty fast. Most stores, there's only a leftover letting you know you were too late.

#6534 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:28 PM

georox, I had the same thing as you -- finding Hot Rod after ordering it from Amazon -- but then forgot I had ordered it from Amazon. Now I have two.

They seem to be going pretty fast. Most stores, there's only a leftover letting you know you were too late.

I put Hot Rod on order with Amazon. Hopefully they wont cancel the day of delivery like they did with the medic two pack.

I accidentally ordered Arcee Seige twice myself. Fortunately Amazon took it back... 19 days later.

I wish I could get into stores, but i'm highly susceptible to dying from COVID and even with a full sanding mask filter setup I just don't want to be around any people period. Really looking forward to Huffer in a few months delivered.

#6535 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7718 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2021 - 01:43 AM

Well, I'm more or less caught up aside from wishing I got Apeface when I saw him ages ago, but now Wave 2 of Headmasters have been seen in California and I want them :< 

Thankfully/Sadly Michigan takes a few weeks to get stuff once the other coast gets it. My wishlist is getting pretty short, need a fortmax reissue and a metroplex reissue to happen!

#6536 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2184 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2021 - 05:45 PM

Found SS86 Grimlock last night

#6537 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:09 PM

Thankfully/Sadly Michigan takes a few weeks to get stuff once the other coast gets it. My wishlist is getting pretty short, need a fortmax reissue and a metroplex reissue to happen!

I feel you on those two. Never had a citybot until I got the Trypticon recently for $60 (Ollies clearance, family member out of town found him), and two Xmas's ago my gf got me my first Omega Supreme, the first big boys ever for my collection.

#6538 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2741 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:07 PM

I feel you on those two. Never had a citybot until I got the Trypticon recently for $60 (Ollies clearance, family member out of town found him), and two Xmas's ago my gf got me my first Omega Supreme, the first big boys ever for my collection.

Ollies had Trypticons???  Never seen a toy worth buying at Ollies.  Let me know when they get Scorpinok in. :D/

#6539 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7718 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:23 PM

I *just* got Trypticon about 2 weeks ago, found one on eBay at retail cost... I wasn't collecting when he came out :( I started around the beginning of Earthrise/end of Siege. He's actually on the floor behind me because I don't have shelf space... need to finish getting stickers on him. 

#6540 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   18063 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2021 - 02:41 AM

Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Rainmakers Seekers 3-Pack - Exclusive

https://www.entertai...product/hse5002

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Transformers, Autobot, Deception, Beast Wars, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Hasbro, Takara, SDCC, Botcon