Psychonauts-PS2 for $4.96 at Circuit City

Wasn't Psychonauts one of the $8.96 CC games a while back? Or what it only Gamerush ($7.50) and TRU ($9.98) that clearanced it out?

Either way, it seems weird that this is the only game that dropped...I'm guessing there's a list of drops...it just hasn't been posted yet.

[quote name='Rictor']Wasn't Psychonauts one of the $8.96 CC games a while back? Or what it only Gamerush ($7.50) and TRU ($9.98) that clearanced it out?

Either way, it seems weird that this is the only game that dropped...I'm guessing there's a list of drops...it just hasn't been posted yet.[/QUOTE]

I hope so, I wouldn't mind picking up some of the games from the $8.96 clearance if they are down to $4.96 (stuff that wasn't worth it to me at $8.96)

Edit, looks like it wasn't part of the $8.96 clearance:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98253

My CC was wiped clean of psychonauts...if a fellow CAG could help me out I would be eternally greatful. PM me if you pick me up a copy and I'll promptly send you some paypal.

I'm in CC almost every week and I can't remember the last time I saw Psychonauts for PS2. I barely recall seeing it when it was a new title (which is probably one reason why the sales were so poor). So unless they restocked just now (seems highly unlikely), this is a deal in theory only around here.

I remember seeing it in at least 2 of the circuit city's I've went to. That was way back during the last clearance though, I've really been wanting to get this game so I guess I'll have to make sure I go to any CC I see to check it out.

Thanks OP,

I picked this up tonight. It was still marked at $29.99 but rang up at $4.96 much to the cashiers surprise. :)

[quote name='wolfhunt']
I picked this up tonight. It was still marked at $29.99 but rang up at $4.96 much to the cashiers surprise. :)[/quote]
I just picked up mine also (finally) and also had a surprised cashier. Seemed like the last one, too.

[quote name='Xerxes']Now if they did this for the xbox version, we can talk.[/QUOTE]

Funny you should say that because I was at CC last night and as I was browsing the cheap stuff another guy had a copy, the stores last one, that he purchased at $4.96.

I picked up an extra Psychonauts (PS2) from CC last night if anyone still needs it. $10 shipped should let me break even with postage and other costs factored in. Or I'll trade for something of equal value.

I also have Pirates! (Xbox) and Suikoden Tactics (PS2) from CC that I can sell for $15 shipped.

[quote name='GunstarRed']I picked up an extra Psychonauts (PS2) from CC last night if anyone still needs it. $10 shipped should let me break even with postage and other costs factored in. Or I'll trade for something of equal value.[/quote]

It'll actually get you $12 at EB, if you apply it towards something, that'll bring your amount close to $15... From one CaG to another....

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']It'll actually get you $12 at EB, if you apply it towards something, that'll bring your amount close to $15... From one CaG to another....[/quote] I thought the 20% or 30% preorder bonus was over. It ended yesterday 10/15.

Got mine about 20 minutes ago. I didn't go into Circuit City to get it, it was just an afterthought. It was nice when I randomly found it while not looking for it :D

[quote name='cheapfrag']Thanks OP - picked up a copy of Psychonauts (PS2) for $4.96 plus tax. Would this game be good for a 12 year old?[/quote]
There's nothing really offensive in the game, and it's not difficult, but the humor would probably sail over the average kid's head.

I went to my local CC and they only had one copy for ps2... None for Xbox... I wonder how much stranger and def jam was at CC. :whistle2:/

Went to my CC (Holyoke, MA) saw Psychonauts listed on one of the plastic title seperator things for $29.99 but alas, they were wiped out.....:wall:

I picked up the PC version a couple of months ago but couldn't get the game to run smoothly (oh, my poor aging computer). So I was glad to find the last copy of the PS2 version for 5 bucks! That PC version is up for trade if anyone wants it by the way, but I wont be able to get the box for it til this weekend.

[quote name='jimijumper']Went to my CC (Holyoke, MA) saw Psychonauts listed on one of the plastic title seperator things for $29.99 but alas, they were wiped out.....:wall:[/QUOTE]
You should have checked the clearance bin if your circuit city has one, that's where I found mine.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Thanks OP - picked up a copy of Psychonauts (PS2) for $4.96 plus tax. Would this game be good for a 12 year old?[/QUOTE]

Some of the humor is over their heads, but my 8-year old twins LOVE the game. It's fun to play for them, but was a blast for me with its twisted humor.

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']It'll actually get you $12 at EB, if you apply it towards something, that'll bring your amount close to $15... From one CaG to another....[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I would do that, but I thought I'd do some other CAGs a favor first and offer it up here for those that needed it. People have hooked me up before, so I'm paying it forward.

Thanks so much OP! I picked this up last night. I was going to buy this game for the xbox at launch. I'm glad I waited.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Thanks for the info. I would do that, but I thought I'd do some other CAGs a favor first and offer it up here for those that needed it. People have hooked me up before, so I'm paying it forward.[/quote]

Not a problem, good stuff... I can respect that sort of attitude.

This site has saved me so much cash, that it's not even funny.

It's also a great conversation starter in stores...

I bought it back during the CC clearence earlier this year. I'm impressed by the Playstation 2 port. I was expecting the worst, but it looks and plays fine.

The graphics seem a lut "duller" than the PC version, but that may just be my aweful composite only TV I'm stuck on. But it runs and looks fine really. Load times are longer, but it's just when you go to new areas, and not THAT bad.

I'd much rather have this version than the X-Box one, since this one you'll be able to play for years.

Thanks, just picked up the last one in Bellaire TX - sticker still showed $29.99.

Funniest thing was I also found a bunch of copies of "Polarium" for the DS there - tried to get a price check on it, it wasn't in their system or their website. Unfortunately they said they couldn't sell it to me or give it to me because they weren't legally allowed to sell it. *sigh*

bread's done
Back