Psychonauts-PS2 for $4.96 at Circuit City

[quote name='Zincdust']Whoo hoo! Got mine at the local CC. Marked at $29.99, rang up as $4.96. Cashier didn't even bat an eyelash. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
Exact same scenario I experienced. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']Not a problem, good stuff... I can respect that sort of attitude.

This site has saved me so much cash, that it's not even funny.

It's also a great conversation starter in stores...[/QUOTE]

It might not be a good idea to discuss CAG in stores. From all the stories I have read from other members, bringing up CAG in stores has generally led to more bad experiences than good, especially with store employees. Yes, it's good to share information, but you never know how someone is going to take it or try using it against you.

Yeap picked up my 3 lucky copies of Psychonauts (PS2) today for the same low cheap ass price. Also picked up Total Overdose and Men of Valor (XBOX) and Project SnowBlind (PS2) for only $3.96 each. Not bad, Thanks CAG. $36 for 8 games, dawesome man!

THIS IS AWESOME!

I bought this game for the full $29.99 a week ago because this girl really wanted it. Very unCAG of me, but she was worth it. Now I can take the receipt back and get a 110% pricematch, making this game darn near free.

I LOVE YOU CAG!

[quote name='GunstarRed']It might not be a good idea to discuss CAG in stores. From all the stories I have read from other members, bringing up CAG in stores has generally led to more bad experiences than good, especially with store employees.[/QUOTE]
I've never once had a bad experience after discussing CAG or asking if other shoppers were CAGs themselves. If anything, store employees thought it awesome to have a site where we could find information that they weren't made aware of, and people who were CAGs or FWs gave sly smiles and were glad to meet in person with other online bargain hunters.

But then, most people are very nice to me.

[quote name='AgentRowgun']Thanks, just picked up the last one in Bellaire TX - sticker still showed $29.99.

Funniest thing was I also found a bunch of copies of "Polarium" for the DS there - tried to get a price check on it, it wasn't in their system or their website. Unfortunately they said they couldn't sell it to me or give it to me because they weren't legally allowed to sell it. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

When that happened to me with a Gamecube game earlier this year (it was some motor cross game), I was buying some $5.96 clearance games and the cashier offered to sell it to me for $5.96 since that was what the other games cost and rung it up as parts and labor (or something along those lines). I guess it depends on the cashier though.

[quote name='nwaugh']Any word on if this is the start of a new round of pre-Wii/PS3 drops?[/QUOTE]

Somewhat related but I noticed CC has restocked Metroid Pinball and Meteos for the DS, but they were both stickered for $19.99 each and since that is the new MSRP, I am thinking that with the restock, they took those 2 games off clearance. That could be the same for other $8.96 games.

I couldn't find "Psychonauts" at my local CC today, but I did pick up "Mario Party 6" :gc: for $16.96 and "Total Overdose" :ps2: for $3.96.

I went and picked one up as well yesterday. I have been looking forward to this game for a long time. Thanks again for letting us know.

Been really looking forward to finding this game for cheap for a long time. Picked up the last copy at the 2nd CC I checked for $2. The cashier was cool, told me about how all .96 games have dropped to $2 and made sure I didn't trust the price on the box. My box was still labeled 29.99.

[quote name='pco45']Been really looking forward to finding this game for cheap for a long time. Picked up the last copy at the 2nd CC I checked for $2. The cashier was cool, told me about how all .96 games have dropped to $2 and made sure I didn't trust the price on the box. My box was still labeled 29.99.[/QUOTE]

?

Dave

[quote name='pco45']Been really looking forward to finding this game for cheap for a long time. Picked up the last copy at the 2nd CC I checked for $2. The cashier was cool, told me about how all .96 games have dropped to $2 and made sure I didn't trust the price on the box. My box was still labeled 29.99.[/quote]

This has to be at your Circuit City only, as I just got back from my CC about an hour ago after just having picked up Sid Meier's Pirates from their bargin bin still marked at 8.96 left over from the June clearance. It still rang up for that price....which still isn't bad. The guy in front of me in the check out line picked up Half Life 2 and I saw it ring up at 8.96 also.....???....so as far as I know all the .96 games are still ringing up at the same marked price from the June clearance at my CC. I Couldn't find any copies of Psychonauts for the PS2 or I would have picked it up too.

[quote name='pco45']Been really looking forward to finding this game for cheap for a long time. Picked up the last copy at the 2nd CC I checked for $2. The cashier was cool, told me about how all .96 games have dropped to $2 and made sure I didn't trust the price on the box. My box was still labeled 29.99.[/quote]

Until I check for myself I think your cashier has no idea what they were talking about. CC hasn't done a huge markdown like that since 7/04. All markdowns in the last year have been tiered and done monthly.

No luck at two Cleveland stores, Ridge Park Square and Garfield Heights.

I swear, there must be a professional clearance buyer in the area. I haven't found a thing from Circuit City, Sears or K-Mart in the past year...

I was surprised when he told me too, I have been checking this and other CC threads semi regularly and didn't remember reading about it. Guess I got lucky. The 3 extra dollars off pretty much paid for the gas I wasted going to the first Circuit City.

No luck at the CC I visited today. I searched the entire PS2 rack and couldn't find a single Psychonauts. I was really disappointed.

Went to local CC and no copies... bummer.. wanted 2, one for self and one for tic @ gs ($16.80 w/ October coupon toward certain items, $12 normal tic). Was killing time online this afternoon, went to store locater on website, called the 3 next closest stores... none, zip and nadda.....

at this point I wanna give up... next closest store isnt extremely close, and I'm doubting I'll find it.... I decide to call.... guy says 4 copies according to computer... I'm thinking, hell I might be abkle to find one... I asked if they would hold til next day, they said no (think he was too lazy to look for the danged game). I postponed my fri night activities and headed over there. I look on the shelf, and all 4 copies are sitting right where they should be!!! I price check them, all 4 were still marked $29.99, and low and behold $4.96. I'm on the phone with a fellow CAG'er and he mentions wanting a copy so I pick up 3.... well I cant leave that last one there all lonely so I snagged it up too.... hate on players, hate on.... lol

[quote name='spectreon']Went to local CC and no copies... bummer.. wanted 2, one for self and one for tic @ gs ($16.80 w/ October coupon toward certain items, $12 normal tic). Was killing time online this afternoon, went to store locater on website, called the 3 next closest stores... none, zip and nadda.....

at this point I wanna give up... next closest store isnt extremely close, and I'm doubting I'll find it.... I decide to call.... guy says 4 copies according to computer... I'm thinking, hell I might be abkle to find one... I asked if they would hold til next day, they said no (think he was too lazy to look for the danged game). I postponed my fri night activities and headed over there. I look on the shelf, and all 4 copies are sitting right where they should be!!! I price check them, all 4 were still marked $29.99, and low and behold $4.96. I'm on the phone with a fellow CAG'er and he mentions wanting a copy so I pick up 3.... well I cant leave that last one there all lonely so I snagged it up too.... hate on players, hate on.... lol[/QUOTE]

Score one for the CAG's :)

I've been waiting for this. I know my CC has it. I'll be checking out today while I look for Elmo T.M.X. for fiancee's son. Thanks a bunch, OP.

I bought it back a few months ago and am playing it now. I LOVE It! It starts out pretty good, but just keeps getting better and better, both in terms of gameplay and the crazy story and dialog and settings.

Hi guys,
Found an extra copy of Psychonauts today, so PM me if anyone is interested. I'm asking for $9 shipped to the US. [update 10-26 9:40pm: sold]

I also grabbed another Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Chibi-Robo (they've been sitting there for 3 weeks, so I figured I'd pick them up). Asking $19 shipped to the US for each of these. I have feedback on eBay if you want to look me up (user name = lanyn).

I do ship internationally as well, but the shipping costs will be higher depending on the destination.

And thanks OP!

I just started playing this and forgot I don't have a memory card. Can anyone hook me up on the cheap? I asked in the Borders thread. Hopefully someone can help.

Beat Psychonauts last week. I hated how frustrating the last level or two was, but it's got some great moments in it otherwise. I was really rooting for Raz during the ending (and that was one of the best game endings in a while!) I'd love to see an animated sequel rather than a game-it almost reminds me of The Incredibles.

I'm also interested if anyone found an extra copy. I'm convinced I'll never findone at any of my local CCs....

I found this at Circuit City tonight, and it was the very last one. I've been wanting this game for a good while now. I also picked up Metal Gear Solid 3: Supsistence for $15 at a local pawn shop also. :)

Was able to snag one at CC today. I've been interested in this game since everyone keeps talking about it. Thanks OP!!!

My CC has never had this game (from as far as I can tell). If anyone can ever hook me up with a copy for ps2, I would be most grateful.

I went to Circuit City tonight for the first time in a few weeks. They got restocked big time on a few of the $8.96 clearance games, especially Gun and Sid Meir's Pirates, but both of those are cheap just about everywhere now. They probably had about 20 copies of each and they had 0 copies back when they first went on clearance. Also looks like they restocked Bust-A-Move for PSP. I found one copy of Psychonauts, still marked $29.99, which I grabbed, I saw a bunch of copies of Battalion Wars, marked wrong, didn't grab any, and one copy of Chibi Robo correctly marked at $15, which I left as well. They sold out of Fire Emblem but I've seen stacks of Fire Emblem at Target stores around here.

bread's done
Back