ATTENTION ALL CAGs: We now have AVATARS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

defender

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I just got done adding a mod not just to allow avatars which was always possible....but to allow avatar and signatures per user to be on or off.

CheapyD didn't want to allow avatars and have users complain so here is the solution.

Go to your PROFILE (linked on top) and you will see 2 new parameters.

Show Signatures in Topic:
Show Avatars in Topic:

Both of these are set to YES for everyone.
If you wish to disable, just select NO and submit.

If you wish to use an avatar you can see near the end of the profile page the "Avatar control panel". You may view the current gallery and select an avatar and save. If you wish to upload your own avatar you are welcome to but the max size is 100x100. Anything larger will not be allowed to upload. Also not allowed are outside avatars from other URLs since they cant be forced into a size and the main goal here is to keep the tables of the forums clean and neat. This may change in the future if I find time to hack the code.

Enjoy all and welcome to the prettier CAG.

Any problems with the avatars or questions just post here.

what's like a size limit for signatures?
I made this the other day, is it too big?

edit: yah it does look big... Ill reduce it a bit

Sorry guys, just clarifying something. Are avatars those pics under the total posts a person has? Just wanted to check cuz i am not really sure. thanks.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']tell me, exactly HOW annoying is mine?[/quote]

about this annoying
simmons.jpg

[quote name='grayghost81']very cool. now I need a nice rectangular pic for my sig to even things out a bit...[/quote]

I can't stand pics in sigs. It breaks up the flow of the thread too much. Very annoying.

[quote name='JediSB'][quote name='grayghost81']very cool. now I need a nice rectangular pic for my sig to even things out a bit...[/quote]

I can't stand pics in sigs. It breaks up the flow of the thread too much. Very annoying.[/quote]

Same here. Thought I was the only one. Reminds me too much of Fatwallet.

[quote name='E-Z-B'][quote name='JediSB']
I can't stand pics in sigs. It breaks up the flow of the thread too much. Very annoying.[/quote]

Same here. Thought I was the only one. Reminds me too much of Fatwallet.[/quote]
Well, turn them off in your profile if you don't like it.
That's why its there!

As far as I know, Fatwallet does not allow pics in signatures.

[quote name='CheapyD']
That's why its there!

As far as I know, Fatwallet does not allow pics in signatures.[/quote]

It might not be Fatwallet, but a similar site.

Didn't know you could turn them off. I'll try looking for it. At home, it'll take awhile for my phone modem to load a page so that will help. Thanks, CheapyD.

I didn't want users to be able to use avatars (and signatures) without allowing others to not display them if they so choose.

Thanks again to Defender for taking the time to implement that feature.

It's a viewtiful life baby....by the way I just got a personalized plate for my car...well not yet, they need to send it to me, it says Viewtful. They had misspelled it at first by writing it Biewtful...now that just seems strange to me.

[quote name='E-Z-B'][quote name='CheapyD']
That's why its there!
[/quote]

Didn't know you could turn them off. [/quote]

Me either. Just diabled sigs. Cool.

I dont check the boards for a few days and this happens. Pretty cool though.

I didnt know you had so many choices if you didnt want to find one of your own. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back