Beatmania PS2 w/Controller $29.99 at EB/GS

Wow, this just keeps dropping and dropping in price. At this rate it will be $9.99 by the end of the year. I guess the people who paid $100+ for an import controller (not to mention $50+ for a game) before the US version was announced are really fusturated.

Ooh, good thing I passed on the $40 prices. I think I'll go ahead and get another one for a second controller. I'm sure I can unload the game disc somewhere.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Wow, this just keeps dropping and dropping in price. At this rate it will be $9.99 by the end of the year. I guess the people who paid $100+ for an import controller (not to mention $50+ for a game) before the US version was announced are really fusturated.[/QUOTE]
Well, regarding the game itself at least, trust me, none of the original fans are disappointed about paying the extra for the Japanese versions instead of settling for the US version. There is just no comparison.

Plus, a lot of fans have owned their controllers for years, so they've gotten their mileage out of them.

Definitely a good deal though, I'll be getting at least one.

[quote name='paean']Still nice to be able to pickup an extra controller for less than 3000 pennies.[/quote]

My state has sales tax. As do most.

Anyway, my contribution to the thread...GB used to give $11 trade for beatmania (the game disc). Pretty good deal if they still do.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Well, regarding the game itself at least, trust me, none of the original fans are disappointed about paying the extra for the Japanese versions instead of settling for the US version. There is just no comparison.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, very true. The US Beatmania game is terrible compared to the Japanese releases. It'd still be nice if they'd release another new one here though.

Tho I haven't verified it, I'd be willing to bet that the game itself qualifies for Rhino's 2-for-1. If so, and you had one nearby & just wanted the controller, you'd be effectively getting the controller for $5. Not bad at all.

The game's only worth it for the controller. Beatmania US is trash. Other IIDX mixes are much much better. There is no comparison.

If they wanted to make the game succeed in America you think they would've dished out a little more money to get some better/more songs.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']My state has sales tax. As do most.

Anyway, my contribution to the thread...GB used to give $11 trade for beatmania (the game disc). Pretty good deal if they still do.[/QUOTE]

Why are you being argumentative about the tax issue? Of course I know alot of us have to pay sales tax (unless you live in NH, not sure if any other state has no sales tax). But the store is charging you less than 3000 pennies for this package. And the store is pocketing exactly that amount, tax goes to the government. If you have a problem, bitch to your state rep.

[quote name='vanbeast']Oregon also has no sales tax. It's grand :D[/QUOTE]

I hate you. Maybe I should move to Seattle. Then I'll be at least closer to no sales tax.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']My state has sales tax. As do most.

Anyway, my contribution to the thread...GB used to give $11 trade for beatmania (the game disc). Pretty good deal if they still do.[/quote]

$6 now. Just called.

Agreed, This was my first 7 key game and I thought the songlist was decent with older Beatmania songs and some familiar songs from other Bemani/DDR games. My only previous experience playing Beatmania was 6th Mix (5 Key) in the arcade twice and owning 3 PS1, 5 Key Mixes none of which I really enjoyed.

I also like how the game is very easy as the one thing that got me fusturated on the 5 key games was even a level 3 song seemed difficult but the learning curve on US is more gradual and I can play level 4 songs without a problem.

beatmania US is worth it A) for the controller and B) cause it has 5 key mode. 5 key timing is hard as fuck, but at least it's something unique.

Wow. I'm glad I didn't get it at release then. I figured it'd be a game bundle that never dropped in price. (I've never played Beatmania.) Maybe I'll drive over to EB today and see if they have it.

[quote name='Shapiro']5key is no different than 7key. The only messed-up song is e-motion.[/quote]

Nah that's not the only messed up 5-key song. About half the songs in 5-key ("beatmania" mode) have really, really strict timing. This is because the judgment and timing information for the note chart is taken straight from the original Japanese 5-key Beatmania games, which had insanely tight timing requirements at times. e-motion is just the one with the most messed up timing.

i can't find this online at eb/gs.com any luck finding it? As i was planning to do the instore availability by zip code...

bread's done
Back