What classic game series needs an update?

optimusprime

CAGiversary!
I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever see a new Kid Icarus? Or a Metal Gear Solid-type Bionic Commando remake? Anyone else have an old favorite series they'd like to see updated?

i'd place my bets on a Nintendo DS Kid Icarus....
call i t a first thought prediction... but imagining two screens placed on top of each other would make for an interesting "vertical scoller".....
and kid icarus seem to be the best vertical scroller i can think of...

maybe the first?

as far as bionic command goes... you may be in luck....
check out the images from "Chain Dive" for the PS2
seems to be a "spiritual successor" to bionic commando....
but it seems more to me like a cross between bionic commando and Zone of the Enders...

check it.

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/571/571846.html

[quote name='joystickz']i'd place my bets on a Nintendo DS Kid Icarus....
call i t a first thought prediction... but imagining two screens placed on top of each other would make for an interesting "vertical scoller".....
and kid icarus seem to be the best vertical scroller i can think of...

maybe the first?

as far as bionic command goes... you may be in luck....
check out the images from "Chain Dive" for the PS2
seems to be a "spiritual successor" to bionic commando.

lets see if i can find a link...[/quote]

If you can find a link of this Chain Dive, please send it. Is it made by Capcom?

Good thoughts on the Kid Icarus too.....I'm just wondering if Nintendo will bother. I don't think they realize how well received a new Kid Icarus game would be.

Hmm I never thought of the DS being used for a game such as Kid Icarus...probably Ice Climbers too, even Bubble Bobble.

Anyways, definetly would like to see a follow up to Bionic Commando. Hmm can't really think of another game.

Retro screwed up metroid and hasn't done anything good ever in existence and only made one game in like 6 years and are slower than rare and twice as retarded. Why should they get icarus?>

"Punch-Out!!!"
NES Advanced Dungeons And Dragons Series
S.C.A.T. (Yes, this is a NES game)
Adventure Island
New Thundercats Game
Tetris Attack (Dont give me some lame Pokemon game)
Duck Tales
Caveman Games

Can you find the sarcasm in this post?
(HINT: its u n d e r l i n e d.)

Here are games that I would like to see updates.

Ghost house
Alex the kidd
streets of rage
Guardian heroes
Ikari Warriors
WrestleFest the arcade

[quote name='denisDFat']Retro screwed up metroid and hasn't done anything good ever in existence and only made one game in like 6 years and are slower than rare and twice as retarded. Why should they get icarus?> [/quote]

Hey Fatman! are there any games that you DO like? jeesh!

Are you stupid or just retarded? look up a few posts, and you'll see some games that i listed which are good.

[quote name='DenisDFat']Are you stupid or just retarded? look up a few posts, and you'll see some games that i listed which are good.[/quote]

the phantom denis strikes again.

ignore it.

anyway.... yes punch-out should be remade.....
but to satiate your want for punch-out style boxing... check out Wade Hixton's Counter-Punch.
Its not as good as tyson, but not as bad as punch king.... some of the BEST animation on the gba. should be worth checking out.

I would love to see a new Splatter House, most of all, but here are other favorites I would love to see updated or sequels to:

Crystalis
Conquest of the Krion Empire
Lolo
Golden Axe
Battle Zone
Vector Man
Gunstar Heroes
Guardian Heroes
Dragon Force
Bonk
and hell yeah a new Kid Icarus would be great I don't care which format it comes in, I want to woop up on the Eggplant Wizard.

Treasure supposedly never makes dirct sequels, so it's unlikely we'll see Guardian Heroes or Gunstar Heroes. Sucks, but that's one reason their stuff is so valuable. But man, I'd love to see a 4-player Guardian Heroes (in the regular game, not battle mode) with cleaner polygons and widescreen support.

I'll second the motions on Clash at Demonhead, Maniac Mansion and Crystalis.....man those games were great.

BTW.....there was a rumor a while back that SNK was working on Crystalis 2 for the Neo Geo home system back when it was still relatively popular (nobody has ever seen a prototype, however). Man, that would have been sweet.

Wow....Startropics, too. Good call Casey. That would be awesome to see on GCN (maybe set up a little like Star Fox Adventures).

[quote name='bfg9k']Guess which game I want remade ;)[/quote]

I bet its Daikatana.

EDIT: Waiiiit. You get another installment later this year if iD isnt gonna push it back more.

Daaaamn i need a new video card.

Ones I haven't seen are

Faxanadu (NES) - an under-rated game

SoulBlazer (SNES) - one of my favorite games - beautiful graphics even though it's an old system, an amazing storyline, and excellent music. Along with FF 2 for the SNES, this one follows next after it.

why o why isnt stridr mentioned? a 3d remake in the style of the new shinobi or rygar would rule! and what about everyones favorite secret agent frog, Pond, James Pond.

Sorry, I can't let Dennis "I hate all 3d games" Dfat have the last word here. Frankly, I don't know why he's even viewing this topic. It must enrage him to even contemplate old videogames being redone and updated.

How about Moon Patrol? I spent hours and weeks worth of hard earned quarters on that one many moons ago. Yeah, give that one the Viewtiful Joe treatment. That might satisfy the Fatman!

Altered Beast--there is supposed to be one coming out on ps2 but it seems to have disapeared off the face of the earth.

Body Harvest
Vice:project Doom
Pirates!

altered beast is great, and theres one on gba, but its so homoerotic. funny crap on newgrounds about that. not that theres anything wrong with that. but they should also update lunar lander. that game sucks so bad that its the best.

I want River City Ransom. I think they're actually making an update for that one.

Also:
-Metal Storm (NES)
-Blaster Master - and not that crappy Game Boy game...a real update, with the little buggy that fires missiles and has tires that make it a hovercraft.

I've said this before in other boards (I'm not sure if I've said it here), but I would really like to see a remake of Mach Rider. I think Nintendo has a license with untapped potential. It could be a remake in the same vein as the SpyHunter remake (but better), or be an open-ended kind of game.

It would also be interesting to see what Nintendo could do if they revitalized the Ice Climbers licnese. I think if done right, it could be a good platfrom game on the GBA.

Other games that could benefit from a remake is StarTropics (another Nintendo license with huge potential) and Stunt Race FX (how many of you remember this SNES racer?).

Common people! Chrono Trigger needs a new update. I never played Crono Cross, but I heard it wasn't as good. Also what about Earth Worm Jim? That hasn't had a new game in a long time. Also I think Friday the 13th needs a new game >=D

Upon reflection, I'd like to add Jumping Flash to my list. Anyone else remember that game for the PSOne?

Crystalis, SoulBlazer, Dragon Force, Pool of Radiance (old PC game, not Ruins), Dark Wizard, Vay, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon Saga, A Capcom Collection with the D&D Arcade Games, Record of Lodoss War (From the DC), and Shadowrun, Just to name a few. :)

Some good ones mentioned, but some that aren't that I'd LOVE to see are:

Impossible Mission (C64)
Paradroid (C64)
NiGHTS (Saturn)

[quote name='PaulEMoz']Some good ones mentioned, but some that aren't that I'd LOVE to see are:

Impossible Mission (C64)
Paradroid (C64)
NiGHTS (Saturn)[/quote]

Impossible Mission PWN'D me HARD on the Atari 7800. Come to find out years later, it actually WAS an impossible mission...the US version couldn't be completed! Some of the pieces you needed were hidden behind unsearchable items!

](*,)

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][Impossible Mission PWN'D me HARD on the Atari 7800. Come to find out years later, it actually WAS an impossible mission...the US version couldn't be completed! Some of the pieces you needed were hidden behind unsearchable items!

](*,)[/quote]

Really? I never knew that! :lol:

Living in England as I did for the first 29 years of my life, I played that game to death, and completed it a few times too. I still have a go every now and then, it's an all-time classic.

[quote name='PaulEMoz'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Impossible Mission PWN'D me HARD on the Atari 7800. Come to find out years later, it actually WAS an impossible mission...the US version couldn't be completed! Some of the pieces you needed were hidden behind unsearchable items!

](*,)[/quote]

Really? I never knew that! :lol:

Living in England as I did for the first 29 years of my life, I played that game to death, and completed it a few times too. I still have a go every now and then, it's an all-time classic.[/quote]

Yep, it was corrected for the PAL release. Bastards.

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=729

Pandemonium (playstation)
RC Pro AM (nes,genesis)
Kid Icarus would be nice and I always wondered why nintendo never made a sequel on one of their most successful games.

Destiny of an emperor

A game by Capcom that combined the best of story’s of KOEI with the Best RPG elements of Square.

Probably never will but here’s to hoping

bread's done
Back