Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
Optimus%20Prime!.jpg

OMG NOT A ROBOT!

Yay my first OTT :D

I just got a bowling ball too heavy for me, but it was only $5 and it came with a cool leather bag.

So apparently there's a special edition of the FMA movie that came out this week. Picked it up at Best Buy since I never bought the original and it was only $29.99. Can't wait to watch it tomorrow.

[quote name='2poor']I just got a bowling ball too heavy for me, but it was only $5 and it came with a cool leather bag.[/quote]

I placed 45th in a PA State Coca Cola Bowling tournament once. w00t

[quote name='Pookymeister']I placed 45th in a PA State Coca Cola Bowling tournament once. w00t[/quote]

So how many people were in the tournament? Hopefully more than 45?

[quote name='2poor']So how many people were in the tournament? Hopefully more than 45?[/quote]

There was like 100. I was 13 and it was a 13-21 bracket so I didn't think i did too shabby.

[quote name='karsh']So apparently there's a special edition of the FMA movie that came out this week. Picked it up at Best Buy since I never bought the original and it was only $29.99. Can't wait to watch it tomorrow.[/quote]

link?

more info?

[quote name='Roufuss']Man, that's why you left?

Lame.[/quote]
I have to say, in my opinion, that Wii Sports has to be the worst pack in ever.

Ever. Drop the price 20 bucks, get rid of Wii Sports and let me put the $20 toward Twilight Princess or Trauma Center.

On a completely unrelated note, is there any website which gives an average play time for completing most games?

I'm trying to pick and choose which games I play from my backlog wisely... :)

I'm honestly surprised at all the people so far posting about broken or non working correctly Wii's. I know there have only been a few people but that's more than I ever expected for a Nintendo console.

All I remember ever being wrong with a Nintendo console was that whole DS Lite hinge thing.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']I have to say, in my opinion, that Wii Sports has to be the worst pack in ever.

Ever. Drop the price 20 bucks, get rid of Wii Sports and let me put the $20 toward Twilight Princess or Trauma Center.

On a completely unrelated note, is there any website which gives an average play time for completing most games?

I'm trying to pick and choose which games I play from my backlog wisely... :)[/QUOTE]

Wii sports looks good to me even though the graphics are just horrid.

I'm particularly looking forward to playing Wii Sports tennis.

/endbias

[quote name='guinaevere']Here's a poor picture of my newy aquired One Coin ED 209. One of my favorite robots.

DSCF1124.jpg
[/quote]

Isnt that the robot from Robocop 2 that falls down the stairs?

Do you need a checking account to sign up for a Target credit card?

[quote name='Moxio']Wii sports looks good to me even though the graphics are just horrid.

I'm particularly looking forward to playing Wii Sports tennis.

/endbias[/QUOTE]

knowing you're a tennis fan I'll tell you there is not much here. All you do is flick the controller to hit the ball and that is it. You don't even move the character, they move themselves. Not saying it is bad, I like it. Not much depth though.

My post got closed, but again, what is the point of waiting for a Wii if they are readily available at the moment?

[quote name='Maklershed']Isnt that the robot from Robocop 2 that falls down the stairs?[/QUOTE]
I know it was in the first Robocop. I never saw the 2nd one.

Ryles, Brak, anyone, you guys want to play some Gears of War MP or some Halo 2 MP tonight?

I haven't yet played GoW online... I've barely touched the game at all, and I just got Halo 2 last night.

[quote name='mr ryles']knowing you're a tennis fan I'll tell you there is not much here. All you do is flick the controller to hit the ball and that is it. You don't even move the character, they move themselves. Not saying it is bad, I like it. Not much depth though.[/QUOTE]

WHAT !

Aw man I was hoping I could swing the wiimote like an actual racket.

*head sexplodes*

[quote name='Moxio']WHAT !

Aw man I was hoping I could swing the wiimote like an actual racket.

*head sexplodes*[/QUOTE]

well you can, but technically you can just give it a little flick.

Like in bowling I like to get into the real motions.

[quote name='Roufuss']Ryles, Brak, anyone, you guys want to play some Gears of War MP or some Halo 2 MP tonight?

I haven't yet played GoW online... I've barely touched the game at all, and I just got Halo 2 last night.[/QUOTE]
Ok.

My squad for the Gears of War tournament - which I just found out I was in - might practice tonight, and we'd need some people to play with. Or something.

[quote name='mr ryles']well you can, but technically you can just give it a little flick.

Like in bowling I like to get into the real motions.[/QUOTE]
20061113.jpg

[quote name='Brak']Ok.

My squad for the Gears of War tournament - which I just found out I was in - might practice tonight, and we'd need some people to play with. Or something.[/QUOTE]

Send me a PM or post here tonight then since I'll be playing GH 2 in the meantime.

[quote name='mr ryles']well you can, but technically you can just give it a little flick.

Like in bowling I like to get into the real motions.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind swinging like an idiot for a couple hours. Not exactly a workout considering I'm not moving.

[quote name='zewone']
20061113.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I can't see either of those two P-A mutants playing the Wii with any more finesse than that used in one-handed masturbation.

Just got done playing like 5 hours of Wii. Pretty sweet system, not really sure if it's worth the money though. Sometimes the controller wasn't very responsive. Wii Sports Baseball was probably the game we had the most fun playing. My friends who don't play too many video games seemed to enjoy wii a lot so maybe nintendo is on to something.

[quote name='zewone']My post got closed, but again, what is the point of waiting for a Wii if they are readily available at the moment?[/quote]
I think all the stores around here were running pretty low on them.

The local walmart only had one that i could see and it was behind the desk, as if it was held for someone. (Totally wouldn't buy one yet. Maybe eventually when they release the violet grey version, right dc? :D)

[quote name='zewone']My post got closed, but again, what is the point of waiting for a Wii if they are readily available at the moment?[/quote]My local gamecrazy ran out, and I'm hoping to take advantage of the 150% worth of credit for systems that you trade in towards a Wii so that I can get it (nearly) free.

That's my reason, I don't know why others would wait.

edit: NVM, I saw your post in the old OTT, and seeing that, unless one lived in a hick town that was getting like 3, I don't see any reason to wait either.

[quote name='RegalSin2020 (in the Zune/Ipod Thread)']Back then we had big pockets. We had pockets big enough to fit two newly born babies inside. The original Gameboy could fit inside your pocket along with other toys if I remember correctly.

According to my facts we should still have cassete players all over town.[/quote]:rofl:

I

Yeah, the biggest thing is the controller. It wouldn't suprise me if they come out with either...

A) Released an upgraded version (Along with DVD playing) with a better sensor.
B) Have a sensor booster or better antenna you can buy as an accessory.
c) make some improvement to the remote so it's more accurate.

I just ordered three games from TRU and I plan on getting my Wii sometime after Christmas. Maybe for my Birthday.

[quote name='LiquidNight']My local gamecrazy ran out, and I'm hoping to take advantage of the 150% worth of credit for systems that you trade in towards a Wii so that I can get it (nearly) free.

edit: NVM, I saw your post in the old OTT, and seeing that, unless one lived in a hick town that was getting like 3, I don't see any reason to wait either.[/QUOTE]

I live in a hick town and we got 29. 15 where in line in the morning, not sure if the rest have been sold yet or not.

[quote name='LiquidNight']My local gamecrazy ran out, and I'm hoping to take advantage of the 150% worth of credit for systems that you trade in towards a Wii so that I can get it (nearly) free.

edit: NVM, I saw your post in the old OTT, and seeing that, unless one lived in a hick town that was getting like 3, I don't see any reason to wait either.[/QUOTE]
150% on system trade in towards a wii? Actually, I'd probably be more interested in picking up the PS1 they had with the LCD Screen for 40. I might check that out tomorrow actually :p

[quote name='Eviltude']150% on system trade in towards a wii? Actually, I'd probably be more interested in picking up the PS1 they had with the LCD Screen for 40. I might check that out tomorrow actually :p[/quote]According to the deal, you only get that if you trade it in towards a Wii

I couldn't find a Wii anywhere, I'm sick with various ailments and I'm thinking of buying a DSLite.

Can anyone give me a reason to buy one, other than the fact that it would cure the boredom of when I take the train to Boston to see my gf.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Yeah, the biggest thing is the controller. It wouldn't suprise me if they come out with either...

A) Released an upgraded version (Along with DVD playing) with a better sensor.
B) Have a sensor booster or better antenna you can buy as an accessory.
c) make some improvement to the remote so it's more accurate.

I just ordered three games from TRU and I plan on getting my Wii sometime after Christmas. Maybe for my Birthday.[/QUOTE]

It already seem that, also, people are having problems with broken / defective Wii's and parts.

Also, all the functionality like the channels won't even be in until the end of the year. It seems everything Nintendo hyped up (Channels, Smash Brothers, Metroid Prime 3) aren't even out.

I see them making changes to the Wii similar to how MS changed their systems shortly after launch (better DVD drives).

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I couldn't find a Wii anywhere, I'm sick with various ailments and I'm thinking of buying a DSLite.

Can anyone give me a reason to buy one, other than the fact that it would cure the boredom of when I take the train to Boston to see my gf.[/QUOTE]

You can play it when you take a dump.

Somebody make a general questions/problems thread for the Wii forum. I'll stick it and we won't have 91833 Wii threads. I don't know much about it, otherwise I would. I did it for the 360 when it first launch.

[quote name='Roufuss']It already seem that, also, people are having problems with broken / defective Wii's and parts.

Also, all the functionality like the channels won't even be in until the end of the year. It seems everything Nintendo hyped up (Channels, Smash Brothers, Metroid Prime 3) aren't even out.

I see them making changes to the Wii similar to how MS changed their systems shortly after launch (better DVD drives).[/QUOTE]
I have never bought a system within less than 3 months of it's launch. I have had 5-6 PS2's and the first one I bought was the 2nd model, as soon as it came out.

I wouldn't buy a PS3 before around Feb. of next year probably but they should be de-bugged by Christmas if they expect to sell huge numbers before the last minute Christmas shoppers.

I'm just not too hyped on the Wii, granted Zelda looks sweet. Just seems too gimmicky for me to be excited for it.

360 is a good console overall, but it's going to take some upgrades too keep it in line with teh ps3 in terms of power. If I were to buy one system right now however, it would be 360. Good games with fewer bugs now. All in all, you kind of get what you pay for in my opinion.

[quote name='Eviltude']
360 is a good console overall, but it's going to take some upgrades too keep it in line with teh ps3 in terms of power. [/QUOTE]
What do you mean?

[quote name='zewone']What do you mean?[/QUOTE]The PS3 sucks a ton of power. So the 360 will have to upgrade so it's hard drive is constantly seeking even in standby.

[quote name='Trakan']Somebody make a general questions/problems thread for the Wii forum. I'll stick it and we won't have 91833 Wii threads. I don't know much about it, otherwise I would. I did it for the 360 when it first launch.[/QUOTE]
Consider it done. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2389019#post2389019

[quote name='Zewone']What do you mean?[/quote]
It's just not as easily upgraded as PS3 is. USB makes the PS3 almost infinitely expandable. Granted it wouldn't be the most convenient thing to have 200 usb devices hooked up to your ps3 to make it the super ultra trapper keeper and then head towards Cheyanne Mountain, but it is much more simple to do that as opposed to the 360. Like with the HardDrives, PS3 can use any IDE drive to my understanding while the 360 is only compatable with the XB360 HD.

This is all coming from my knowledge and opinion of the systems. I'm not writing a fucking research paper so if something is wrong, go ahead and correct me, but don't expect everything to be spot on.

[quote name='Trakan']Somebody make a general questions/problems thread for the Wii forum. I'll stick it and we won't have 91833 Wii threads. I don't know much about it, otherwise I would. I did it for the 360 when it first launch.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like alot of work. whats in it for me?

[quote name='Eviltude']Consider it done. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2389019#post2389019

It's just not as easily upgraded as PS3 is. USB makes the PS3 almost infinitely expandable. Granted it wouldn't be the most convenient thing to have 200 usb devices hooked up to your ps3 to make it the super ultra trapper keeper and then head towards Cheyanne Mountain, but it is much more simple to do that as opposed to the 360. Like with the HardDrives, PS3 can use any IDE drive to my understanding while the 360 is only compatable with the XB360 HD.

This is all coming from my knowledge and opinion of the systems. I'm not writing a fucking research paper so if something is wrong, go ahead and correct me, but don't expect everything to be spot on.[/QUOTE]The 360 doesn't have USB ports?

[quote name='jmcc']The 360 doesn't have USB ports?[/quote]

Isn't the PS3 less upgradeable?

Like you're stuck with whatever hard drive size you buy and you either have wireless or you don't? that sort of thing (the differences between the 2 SKUs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back