New games coming in Flexbox cases?

Professor Oreo

CAGiversary!
Okay, what is the deal with some newer xbox games coming in green "Flexbox™" cases? I can't for the life of me seem to get the damn game disc off the center nub of these goddamn things! Am I the only one having a problem with these new cases or is there some simple trick to operating these things that I just don't understand?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, the only difference between the new "Flexbox™" cases and the standard green xbox cases is that the center spindle nub that holds the disc is a solid mass ,and doesn't compress or collapse when you press the center of it like normal DVD cases. So instead of just pressing the center nub like you normally would to release the disc, you end up grabbing the disc and just pulling the fucking thing as hard as you can until you either break the disc or the center nub finally surrenders and lets you have damn game. A couple of games that are shipping with these new cases are "Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition" and "Splinter Cell Chaos Theory".

There has got to be some kind of magic trick to or something that makes taking the game out of the case easier, but i sure as hell don't know what it is. But right now I'm thinking they should change those ESPN World's Strongest Man Competitions to include this shit as an event. They could have the Atlus stones, the Tractor pull, and then the "Flexbox Challenge" in the finals. Let all those 'roided-up gorillas see if they can release the games from the cases before time runs out. :bomb:

Anyone have any thoughts?

Are these the type of cases that have the number 1 in the middle of the box? If so, I don't really have a problem taking them out of the box, although I must admit the case feels smaller and more fragile when held.

I agree the design of those cases with the Square middle section sucks!

The Ying Yang boxes are the best.
Followed by the Arrows

Yeah, these are exactly the ones with the number "1" in the center of the spindle nub. They have to be absolutely the worst design concept for usability ever. There was nothing wrong with the xbox cases to begin with, then they introduce these dumbass things and take a complete step backwards.

Maybe the ones that I have are especially tight, but removing the discs from these things is an absolute chore. I keep thinking that there's some sort of magic gimic that I'm not getting that lets you pop the disc out of the case super-easily, but I sure as hell haven't discovered it. Is there something specific I need to bend considereing that they're called flexboxes or something?

I've tried to get disks off the nub in those "Flexbox" cases, and I really hate them. It's bad news if Microsoft has decided to start using them.

Haven't had problems with mine. I think a few EA Sports games were in those. I happen to dislike the release on the Forza case for some reason though. It comes out nicely, but I just don't like it.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Haven't had problems with mine. I think a few EA Sports games were in those. I happen to dislike the release on the Forza case for some reason though. It comes out nicely, but I just don't like it.[/QUOTE]

Haha. I wouldnt know. I took it out once and havent played anythign else since :lol:

When I bought MX vs. ATV Unleashed it came with one of the Flexbox case's but as soon as I got it home I swapped it out for one of my other cases with the three prongs in the middle instead.

I use mine for trade-ins . I like the old fashioned "yin-yang" button type boxes .
Also , the clear plastic on the Flexbox cases is a lot thinner .

Okay, I guess the answer to my question is... there in no trick. The patented Flexbox technology is designed around the idea that we are a bunch of uncultured gorillas that prefer curling our fingers under the edge of the discs and snapping them off of the center nub using sheer force!

Well apparently the good people who gave us the flexbox have received enough complaints that they are actually introducing some new revolutionary technology where the center nub now collapses when pressed and releases the disc from the case. http://www.carthuplas.be/site/flexbox.htm

They're even going as far as calling this shit a new "double release system"! WTF?!! You can either press the new flexible center nub to release the disc, or you can pry it out of the case like a goddamn monkey! Hooray for innovation!!!

Bravo Flexbox! Bravo!!!:applause:

No, wait... I meant to say fuck you Flexbox! fuck you in the goat ass!!! :dunce:

[quote name='Professor Oreo']Okay, I guess the answer to my question is... there in no trick. The patented Flexbox technology is designed around the idea that we are a bunch of uncultured gorillas that prefer curling our fingers under the edge of the discs and snapping them off of the center nub using sheer force!

Well apparently the good people who gave us the flexbox have received enough complaints that they are actually introducing some new revolutionary technology where the center nub now collapses when pressed and releases the disc from the case. http://www.carthuplas.be/site/flexbox.htm

They're even going as far as calling this shit a new "double release system"! WTF?!! You can either press the new flexible center nub to release the disc, or you can pry it out of the case like a goddamn monkey! Hooray for innovation!!!

Bravo Flexbox! Bravo!!!:applause:

No, wait... I meant to say fuck you Flexbox! fuck you in the goat ass!!! :dunce:[/QUOTE]

Yikes. It's just a game case. I've run into these any many CDs and DVDs. I don't know if they are the same thing you are talking about but it can be very hard to get the disc out. I have never had such a problem though that I actually broke the disc or something.

[quote name='Supernothing']As long as they don't put those two extra tabs on the side like some of the new DVD's I'll be happy.[/QUOTE]

LOL, i hate those tabs! :applause:

Never had real trouble with them, although I do think they suck compared to other designs.

Just nudge one side of the disc up and over the nub, and work your way around til it's free. That works for me, any way.

It's funny the only time I had this type of case was when I went a head and bought Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. I didn't really like how I had to pull at the disk to get the game out.

yea i got MC 3: dub and SC:Ct & they both came with the gay square nub cases...i immediately swapped cases out for the newer games...

I guess I'm the only one to actually take my time and got the disc(s) off those solid nubs, huh? It's not a bad design, as long as you're not an impatient chimp. Otherwise, you're SOL.

I also like the double 'lock' on some of the newer DVD cases, since in the event the nubs that keep the cases shut break, those tabs keep the case closed till I'm ready to open it.

bread's done
Back