Software to block sig images?

GuilewasNK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Most sig images are cool, but there are some that are just disturbing and I'd like to block only certain people's sigs without shutting off sigs entirely. Is there anything out there that can do this?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I believe adblock plus for firefox will do this.[/quote]

Alright, I'll try that at home. Anything for IE?

[quote name='crystalklear64']http://www.soft32.com/download_26822.html

Super Ad Blocker

Has an image blocker built into it apparently. I dunno if it actually works, just found using google. Firefox user myself.[/quote]

I primarily use Firefox myself (at home), I was just curious if IE had anything also. Instead of installing a whole new browser on my work PC (which only has IE), I'd rather see if there was a smaller, more discreet alternative besides shutting off sigs or images entirely.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I primarily use Firefox myself (at home), I was just curious if IE had anything also. Instead of installing a whole new browser on my work PC (which only has IE), I'd rather see if there was a smaller, more discreet alternative besides shutting off sigs or images entirely.[/quote]

It'd probably be more discrete to not surf cag at work. :lol:

[quote name='AshesofWake']if you use firefox, just right click on the image and it gives you the option to block the image[/QUOTE]

This will save you the trouble of individual sigs and also avoiding installing potentially nasty software; nevertheless, this option is a "block all images from website blahblahblah.com."

I use it anyway.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Yours is most certainly annoying as fuck.

And now its blocked.[/QUOTE]
I think I blocked a Mooky sig once.
I hope mine doesn't disturb anyone :whistle2:(

[quote name='Demolition Man']Yours is most certainly annoying as fuck.

And now its blocked.[/quote]

I'm sure he's crushed to hear that.

I thought it was great. :lol:

[quote name='6669']I think I blocked a Mooky sig once.
I hope mine doesn't disturb anyone :whistle2:([/quote]

Yours has always been awesome. :)

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Most sig images are cool, but there are some that are just disturbing[/QUOTE]

Wow, this is one of the most ironic posts I have ever seen.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']?

Captain Sisko disturbs you? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Depends. A member of the primary Bajoran faith might be taken aback at the frivolous use of a major religious figure.

[quote name='epobirs']Depends. A member of the primary Bajoran faith might be taken aback at the frivolous use of a major religious figure.[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='uli2000']No love for Brian Peppers? Its not anymore annoying than your DS9[/quote]

In my first post I clearly said disturbing sig images. Anything can be annoying. It takes something special to be disturbing.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I changed mine, cause people hated it.[/quote]

:lol: I know I shouldn't laugh at that, but I had to. Funny sig.

Bringing this back to life, here's how to block all signatures on most forums.

1.) Download Firefox

2.) Download Adblock Plus

3.) Download Adblock Plus Element Hiding Helper

4.) In Firefox go to Tools -> Adblock Plus... -> Add Filter ->
Code:
##div[id^="post_message_"] ~div

Source

If you just want to block on a site-by-site basis, there are normally options in the User Preferences to hide signatures/avatars/images.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The one you have now is fine. I don't even remember what you had before.[/quote]
Neither do I.

[quote name='briandadude']Bringing this back to life, here's how to block all signatures on most forums.

1.) Download Firefox

2.) Download Adblock Plus

3.) Download Adblock Plus Element Hiding Helper

4.) In Firefox go to Tools -> Adblock Plus... -> Add Filter ->
Code:
##div[id^="post_message_"] ~div
Source

If you just want to block on a site-by-site basis, there are normally options in the User Preferences to hide signatures/avatars/images.[/quote]

I usually right click the image I want to block and select "Adblock Image." You can also use * as a wildcard, allowing you to block all images from a specified domain.

bread's done
Back