The Legacy Wrestling Thread

Matt Young

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
legacynj4.png

Orton; DiBiase; Rhodes. Three of the most legendary names of wrestling's past, and now three of the most promising names for the future. When Myke said we needed a new topic, I immediately thought of this group. They are young. They are strong. They are Legacy.

Last edited by a moderator:
LMAO... I can tell I'll be saving this edition of TNA Impact on the DVR. Chet Lemon and Black Snow on commentary have been great, and JB's line to Kurt- "Bros before hoes every day of my life- but I do have strong feelings for you." Wow. Hilarious stuff. Jay's going to have a lot of quotes to post.

EDIT: Oh, and Steiner's ring announcing.

It's weird hearing Steiner talk in his normal voice at the announcers table as opposed to his usual yelling

Luther Reigns is playing (or, at this point in the episode, was playing) a cage fighter on CSI tonight.

A Legacy topic? I know it doesn't really matter who the topic is about but...wow.

[quote name='Matt Young']LMAO... I can tell I'll be saving this one on the DVR. Chet Lemon and Black Snow on commentary have been great, and JB's line to Kurt- "Bros before hoes every day of my life- but I do have strong feelings for you." Wow. Hilarious stuff. Jay's going to have a lot of quotes to post.[/QUOTE]

I agree. There's really something to be said about a program where it's clear everybody's having fun doing what they do. It can't be like this every week, but I'll be damned if it's not a refreshing change of pace from the usual boring format pro wrestling shows have taken since the Monday Night Wars.

Wrestlers ad-libbing, laughing, and not being forced to read off a boring script really helps get me interested in the show.

[quote name='diddy310']I'm loving Booker T's part Dusty/part Don West/ part Horse Racing announcer voice.[/quote]

Toss some Wolfman Jack in there too.

[quote name='Chuplayer']This is the most entertaining wrestling has been in a very long time.[/quote]
This.

"He's in the football stance!" :lol:

I can't wait for Jay's quotes on this one. The first 15 minutes alone were better than the past 15 epidodes of Impact combined.

[quote name='guyver2077']whats up with the samoa joe facepaint...[/quote]
he's Umaga Joe!!! and he's gonna kill you!!!!!
back on topic...Orton is the man, and Legacy is badass, altho I'm not the biggest Rhodes fan Orton and Dibiase more then make up for it. All they need is that fourth guy...the one with some pull in the company....oh..who's that? It's Shane McMahon and he's back on Raw....another "generation" fellow. How interesting he's attacking Legacy......swerve anyone?

[quote name='mykevermin']Dude, shrink that sig. FFS.[/quote]
lol my bad...I thought I took my gamertag thing out of there already..that better? lol

k...even though it wasn't much bigger then Mr. Beef's ..it's gone...and no "lol"s in wrestling threads? Is that a rule somewhere I missed?

[quote name='ArJay2k8']k...even though it wasn't much bigger then Mr. Beef's ..it's gone...and no "lol"s in wrestling threads? Is that a rule somewhere I missed?[/QUOTE]

They're kidding. At least, I think so. Unnecessary 'lol's' are frowned upon by the internet community.

So, example of misuse: "that better? lol"

Why would one "lol" there? No reason, right?

Example of proper use: When Scott Steiner screwed up Sojourner Bolt's name, got flustered, and said "How'm I supposed to know their names? I didn't sleep with any of these bitches!" I lol'd hard.

Speaking of Sojourner Bolt, she was in OVW before TNA. I saw her wrestle at one of the shows they brought to Cincinnati, probably 9-10 months back. The OVW shows were at a community center on the west side of downtown Cincy, which is around the ghettos of Cincinnati. So a majority of the crowd was black and lower class, economically speaking (not that that's unique for a wrestling show!). When Sojo came out (I can't recall her name in OVW), the crowd got on her hard. Unlike a crowd of largely white fans, this crowd was savvy. They were yelling at her "YOU GOT A WEAVE! YOU GOT A WEAVE! YOU GOT (INSERT BRAND NAME OF WEAVE HERE)!"

Sojo, of course, was the heel in the match, and doing the "hands over my ears lalala stomp on the mat and yell at people to shut up" routine, which only made the crowd even louder. She was good in her role.

But, given the nature of what the crowd was yelling, what happened in the middle of the match was particularly ironic, and, to me (as someone who enjoys irony and sees the bit of reverse cultural racism that occurs when we assume the black woman with long straight hair has artificial hair, and don't assume the white woman does), stunningly hilarious. Her opponent had a HUGE portion of hair extensions fall out after the only-women-wrestlers-do-it hair pull/toss move. It wasn't ripped hair. The crowd clearly saw the clips that held her opponent's hair in place. Sojo, now, having heard the gasp of the crowd, yelled out a victorious "WHO GOT A WEAVE NOW, HUH?"

:lol:

Oh, and for the record, her opponent was
Maryse.

[quote name='mykevermin']They're kidding. At least, I think so. Unnecessary 'lol's' are frowned upon by the internet community.

So, example of misuse: "that better? lol"

Why would one "lol" there? No reason, right?

Example of proper use: When Scott Steiner screwed up Sojourner Bolt's name, got flustered, and said "How'm I supposed to know their names? I didn't sleep with any of these bitches!" I lol'd hard.

Speaking of Sojourner Bolt, she was in OVW before TNA. I saw her wrestle at one of the shows they brought to Cincinnati, probably 9-10 months back. The OVW shows were at a community center on the west side of downtown Cincy, which is around the ghettos of Cincinnati. So a majority of the crowd was black and lower class, economically speaking (not that that's unique for a wrestling show!). When Sojo came out (I can't recall her name in OVW), the crowd got on her hard. Unlike a crowd of largely white fans, this crowd was savvy. They were yelling at her "YOU GOT A WEAVE! YOU GOT A WEAVE! YOU GOT (INSERT BRAND NAME OF WEAVE HERE)!"

Sojo, of course, was the heel in the match, and doing the "hands over my ears lalala stomp on the mat and yell at people to shut up" routine, which only made the crowd even louder. She was good in her role.

But, given the nature of what the crowd was yelling, what happened in the middle of the match was particularly ironic, and, to me (as someone who enjoys irony and sees the bit of reverse cultural racism that occurs when we assume the black woman with long straight hair has artificial hair, and don't assume the white woman does), stunningly hilarious. Her opponent had a HUGE portion of hair extensions fall out after the only-women-wrestlers-do-it hair pull/toss move. It wasn't ripped hair. The crowd clearly saw the clips that held her opponent's hair in place. Sojo, now, having heard the gasp of the crowd, yelled out a victorious "WHO GOT A WEAVE NOW, HUH?"

:lol:

Oh, and for the record, her opponent was
Maryse.
[/quote]

Wonderful :applause:

Joe Hennig, son of Mr. Perfect, is almost ready to be called up. Buzz on him is he's the best wrestler to come out of the WWE farm system since Kurt Angle.

So... anyone else think a faction with only three members is lame?

[quote name='JJSP']That's what they said about the NWO.[/QUOTE]

That shit was the shits until Buff Bagwell brought an airbrushed top hat into the fold.

As for developmental call ups, I'll believe it when I see it. Is Cabana "up," since he's had fewer than 5 SD appearances, that if you blinked once, you missed 'em all? Is Jay Bradley "up"? How about DH Smith?

Hennig may come "up," but that mean's he'll be dark matchin' with Funaki and Dirk Diggler for the next 3 months. Big fuckin' deal.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']Joe Hennig, son of Mr. Perfect, is almost ready to be called up. Buzz on him is he's the best wrestler to come out of the WWE farm system since Kurt Angle.

So... anyone else think a faction with only three members is lame?[/quote]

DX has had two for a while now. They should have just called it "The Triple H experience, featuring Shawn Michaels."

That Shane/Orton thing is quite possibly the most uncomfortably bad wrestling thing I've ever seen. I hadn't been paying real close attention on Monday but seeing it again without sound just highlights how terrible it was.

My favorite thing the WWE has done over the last few years is put out EXCELLENT DVD compilations.

Well, they are gearing up for another release. In April, the "Greatest Superstars of the 90s" set is coming out.

Here's the 16 match listing for it. It's nice.

If it's already on a compilation DVD, I've put it in italics.

Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan
Madison Square Garden - November 30, 1991

WWE Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels
Survivor Series - November 25, 1992

WWE Championship Match
Hulk Hogan vs. Yokozuna
King of the Ring - June 13, 1993

Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart
WrestleMania X - March 20, 1994
ALSO IN: Bret Hart's DVD set

Intercontinental Championship Match
Diesel vs. Razor Ramon
Superstars – April 13, 1994

International World Heavyweight Championship Match
Sting vs. Vader
Slamboree – May 22, 1994

WWE Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. Diesel
Royal Rumble – January 22, 1995

WWE Women’s Championship Match
Alundra Blayze vs. Bull Nakano
Monday Night Raw – April 3, 1995

Triple Header Match
Shawn Michaels & Diesel vs. Yokozuna & British Bulldog
In Your House – September 24, 1995

#1 Contender Match
Owen Hart vs. Shawn Michaels
In Your House – February 18, 1996

WWE Championship Match
Shawn Michaels vs. Vader
SummerSlam – August 18, 1996

Steel Cage Match
Mankind vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley
SummerSlam – August 3, 1997
ALSO IN: Bloodbath: Wrestling's Greatest Cage Matches

WCW Championship Match
Lex Luger vs. Hulk Hogan
Monday Nitro – August 4, 1997

WWE Championship Match
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Undertaker
SummerSlam – August 30, 1998

United States Championship Match
Sting vs. Bret Hart
Halloween Havoc – October 25, 1998

Strap Match
Triple H vs. The Rock
Fully Loaded – July 25, 1999

I'm not loving all the choices, but there are some real gems in there (Shawn vs. Bret before they hated eachother and would actually sell properly, a bunch of good Shawn matches, Vader before he started to phone it in, etc).

Can't wait. Excellent set.

I'll buy that for 20 bucks. I've seen very few PPVs over the years so while the results might not be a surprise, I certainly haven't seen most of those matches.

Glad to see a lot of stuff from TV shows and minor PPVs on that 90's set! Obviously they can't omit "Big 4" material entirely, but it's nice to have matches that may not have gotten on a DVD release otherwise.

I think Owen vs. Bret is overkill, they could have thrown on a different match between the two. Don't get me wrong, it's a total five star match, but it's been done before on DVD. The lumberjack match where Owen "won" the WWE Championship might have been better.

Bret vs. Diesel from the Rumble is a disaster. Horrible booking, horrible match, too many run ins, and going with a babyface vs. babyface match for Diesel's first title defense was a big mistake. It killed his entire run with the belt.

Hogan vs. Yokozuna I remember being bad but Hogan totally getting squashed, no-sold, and beaten by his own finisher is glorious.

Owen vs. Shawn from In Your House 6 is marvelous.

You know what match is missing?

The Final Four match.

Austin vs. Bret vs. Vader vs. Undertaker from Feb 1997. They need some excuse to get that on DVD. Just a totally awesome five-star match. A fatal four-way elimination match where you can eliminate someone by throwing them over the top rope. Legend has it Steve Austin was supposed to win it but got hurt and had to self-elminate. It's BS, but the match is still good.

bread's done
Back