The Legacy Wrestling Thread

[quote name='diddy310']Matt's promo was pretty good although i felt it didn't really need the photos shown over it[/quote]

I think the clips from their tag days really added to the drama the promo was trying to convey.

Yeah it looked really awkward, I think because they were so close to the ropes so he just had to sorta lay down and put him in it rather than pull him in

The DVD looks good, but I'm kinda tired of $20+ "best of" sets. I want to be able to watch tons of old programming, especially entire shows. DVD is hard with that, and I hate the "rotating selection" aspect of 24/7. It's too limited.

I remember that Razor/Diesel match from Superstars. Sitting at my friend's house, forcing him to watch it because I had to see Razor defend his gold. Which he failed to do. Boo, Diesel! ;)

The MEM-dominated portion of Impact was great because it was hilarious and stood out. Then it became the regular Impact show, largely sucked, and was boring. The main event and Sting vs. 3D were decent, but nothing special, and the Joe reveal was pretty underwhelming.

Great, he has face paint - unless he starts kicking ass on a regular basis and unlike everyone else in the group, doesn't have his balls cut off again, it's a pretty useless change. Hopefully they go in the smart direction and use the change to rebuild him, but I thought the same thing would happen after their great booking of him going into Lockdown '08, and it was only a matter of time until they re-fucked him up again.

Cornette's "big announcement" being a Shane Sewell match was hilarious. As was DW somehow knowing that this was a huge deal for Sewell despite the match being announced SECONDS EARLIER. I could forgive this if there was a segment between the two things, but the way they did it just made TNA's BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS seem like an even bigger joke than usual.

Quotes -
Sharmell - The following message has been brought to you by the Main Event Mafia.
Angle - We have provided you with countless hours of entertainment…
Steiner - Bringing smiles to the faces of men, women, and children throughout the world…
Nash - With a will unmatched by any other superstars in the history of professional wrestling…
Booker - BUT NOW a threat plans to derail our MESSAGE OF HOPE…
Angle - …and destroyed the respect that we have spent years to establish…
Booker - Through honesty…
Angle - Ferocity
Nash - And plain old HARD WORK!
Angle - That threat is… THE FRONT LINE!
Steiner - Tonight, with the support of wrestling fans around the globe…
Angle - The Main Event Mafia will fight the good fight to maintain the status quo.
Booker - And preserve the integrity that throughout our combined 75 years in this business…
Nash - We have worked so hard to establish!
Angle - Jarrett is at home still licking his injuries. (later, shots air of Jarrett wrestling during the post-PPV UK tour…) Are you gonna stop us, Jim?
Cornette - I’ve been authorized to WARN YOU…
Booker - MY NAME IS BLACK SNOW AND I’M HERE WITH MY CO-HOST, CHET LEMON! WHADYA THINK ABOUT THE SHOW TODAY, CHET!?
Nash - IT’S TAKEOVER TIME IN THE IMPACT ZONE!
Booker - What do they call that at the start of the show?
Nash - I believe it’s called PYRO MAN, BLOW YOUR LOAD!
Booker - BLOW YA LOAD, DUDE!
Booker - Whadya think about Matt Morgan? He’s a big guy!
Nash - YUP, A BIG GUY!
Booker - THE LEGENDS CHAMPION BOOKER T WILL BE IN ACTION AGAINST TNA’s FINEST referees!
Steiner - WHITE TRASH AND REDNECKS, THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS A NYLON-TITLE KNOCKOUT HANDICAP MATCH SCHEDULED FOR ONE FALL. WHAT DAT MEANS IS FOUR BITCHES ONE. First, SALT JO. SOL…SO…JO Bolt, I haven’t slept with them - how am I supposed to know what their names are!? YOU GOT THREE BITCHES and the TNA Knockout Champion Awesome Kong, the group known as Kong-fucious!
Nash - I believe it’s Kongtourage…
Booker - Soljourner Bolt… I think she’s got some relation to Thunderbolt Patterson. You know?
Steiner - Their opponent, representing the TNA Front Line - coming to a truck stop near you - one of the nastiest bitches in wrestling history. ONE DIRTY BITCH, ODB!
Nash - This is the first time I’ve gotten a close look… THAT’S A MAN, BAYBE!
Booker - What do you think about Rhaka Khan?
Nash - She’s a giraffe. She’s a big one.
Booker - SHE’S A BIG GIRL! About 6 foot 5!
Nash - Four on one…and not in a hotel room.
Booker - Raisha’s got that suit on - it’s known for blinding people!
Booker - Elbow to the throat…ADAM’S APPLE!
JB - I’ve heard that Mick Foley’s coming here, and he has BACKUP!
Angle - HAHAHA, BACKUP!? What - two homeless guys and a dirty sock? I WANT TO COME, I BEG MICK TO COME! Ever since Karen left, you’ve been no fun here. I think you were getting close to me to get close to her.
JB - Bros before hoes - always! But I do have strong feelings for you.
Angle - SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND LISTEN to me - you take these (MEM shirts) and go out in the crowd and you make us some money, and if I see you pocketing one cent, I’ll take you out. Now I have to go watch a group of zebras get their asses kicked by the hunter - Booker T!
Steiner - This next match is gonna be a meat grinder, because the two referees have no chances cuz they’re a bunch of candy asses! Rudy Charles, and the next victim is Andrew Thomas! VICTIMS, COME ON DOWN!
(pre entrance, looking at monitor)Booker - I see Booker T - he’s drinking water! GETTING READY!
Nash - Yes he is…Black Snow…
Booker - BLACK SNOOOWWWW!
Nash - My partner Black Snow has left…WOW, THERE’S BOOKER T FOR THE FIRST TIME! LEGENDS CHAMPION BOOKER T IN THE HOUSE!
(to JB)Steiner - Tell your story walking, bitch!
Nash - Gimme a shirt and put it on my tab.
(after Booker threatens Hebner)Steiner - HE’S GOING FOR THREE REFEREES NOW!
Nash - I don’t know if anyone knows this, but Earl did screw Bret.
Nash - Was Andrew Thomas once a WWE Champion?
Nash - Text TNA to…and I’ll also send you a naked shot of myself.
Angle - Kev, this is the greatest night in TNA history! WHAT, A HOT CHICK!? SECTION 3 - I’LL GET A CAMERA ON HER RIGHT AWAY!
Booker - oh…my…god…here he comes - seven foot three, 20 pounds… THE BLUE PRINT MATT MORGAN! DAT’S A BIG GUY! I’VE SEEN HIM IN THE GYM - HE’S A BIG GUY! ONE THING I KNOW ABOUT MATT MORGAN - HE’S A BIG GUY!
Steiner - His opponent, from that suckhole country that you call Canada. STOP BUILDING A WALL TO KEEP MEXICANS OUT, AND BUILD ONE TO KEEP CANADIANS OUT! FROM CANADA, MAKE BELIEVE MUSCLE, PETEY WILLIAMS!
Booker - One thing is that you can tell he still has a lot of admiration for Steiner - he still wears that thing on his head, the moustache, and the black gimmick right down the middle. After the beat down, you’d think he’d want to change. That’s kinda scary!
Booker - WE’RE LIVE AND PETEY WILLIAMS IS HOLDING ON! HE’S CLIMBING THE LADDER! HE’S ON THE SIXTH RUNG, TRYING TO GET ON TOP!
(after Petey plays possum)Booker - It’s the oldest trick in the book…but Morgan will still fall for it!
Booker - He hits the…what do you call that? The knee/jaw buster!
Booker (during beat down) Booker T’s pulling Creed up - he’s gonna hit him with the big thrust kick…HE JUST HIT HIM WITH THE BIG THRUST KICK! WHAT DA HELL’S GOING ON!? BOOKER T’S A BAD MAN!
Booker - (to 3D) THIS IS BLACK SNOW! How ya guys doing?
Steiner - This next McContest is scheduled for one fall, introducing first hailing from Dunkin Donuts from the great state of Obesity - TEAM 3D! Their opponent, from the Main Event Mafia, from Venice Beach, California, the current TNA World Heavyweight Champion, THE ICON STING!
Booker - This guy’s an icon all over the world. You mention the word “Sting” and people come from MILES AROUND!
(as Sting wrestles in a shirt)Booker - THIS STING IS IN GREAT SHAPE!
(to Ray)Steiner - SHUT UP, BITCH!
(after Ray does the uranage)Booker - HE USED MA BOOK END! HE SHOULD BE DISQUALIFIED FOR DAT!
(as Mick Foley’s bad offense leads to selling from Steiner)Nash - YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN’ ME!?
Foley - As amusing as this experiment has been, it is OVER! First of all, two weeks ago, Hernandez cashed in his Feast or Fired opportunity and he wrestled his butt off against Sting, and it ended prematurely due to the MEM, so you will get another shot at the TNA World Heavyweight Title! Steiner, you like weapons? I’ve got good news and bad news. The good news is you’ll wrestle in a weapons match against Abyss. For Abyss, it’ll be like Christmas - he can use anything. You will be the boy Santa forget - YOU WILL GET NOTHING! Kurt, you like handicap matches? Tonight, you’ll wrestle in the main event of Impact. Tonight, you will see action 1-on-2 against BOTH MEMBERS OF LAX!
Sharmell - THIS IS DISCRIMINATION AGAINST THE MAFIA, I NEED TO TALK TO SOMEBODY!
Mick - HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Cornette - Don and Mike, let’s go to the announce table, because I’ve got an announcement of a SPECIAL ATTRACTION for Against All Odds!
Tenay - BIG ANNOUNCEMENT COMING FROM JIM CORNETTE ABOUT AGAINST ALL ODDS!
Cornette - Now that we’ve taken over the Impact Zone, and at Against All Odds, Booker T ONE ON ONE WITH REFEREE SHANE SEWELL!
Tenay - LEVEL OF COMPETITION FOR SHANE SEWELL JUST WENT THROUGH THE ROOF!
(seconds after this breaking news, somehow)DW - HE FEELS LIKE HE HAS THE HONOR OF ALL THE REFEREES ON HIS SHOULDERS! IT’S HIS JOB TO DO!
Tenay - SCOTT STEINER TAKEN OUT BY SUICIDE - THE VERY MYSTERIOUS CHARACTER FROM TNA IMPACT - THE VIDEO GAME!
Joe (with paint on his face like Umaga) - MAIN EVENT MAFIA, LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO THE REAL SAMOA JOE!

Screens -

new, new, new world order...

Hard work =

The '90s set's lineup looks great - not quite a day one buy, as I have most of those matches in some form already, but definitely something I'll buy at some point in time just to have a bunch of great matches in DVD-level quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Purple Flames']Did Taker botch that Gogoplata setup? It looked really sloppy.[/QUOTE]haha, so I guess that move is kayfabe-legal again? Didn't 'Taker get suspended or something for using it before?

I don't know if anyone else has posted this yet. If so, disregard.

source: PWInsider.com

-- WWE's Canadian DVD distributor KOCH has a listing for a three-disc DVD set on Randy Savage set titled "Macho Madness." According to the listing, the DVD set is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, June 9, 2009. WWE had the same title scheduled for release last November as it was listed on Amazon.com, but Vince McMahon reportedly nixed the project last January after he found out about it.

I'm glad to see it listed on Koch's site, but WWE could decide to nix it like they did last year. As a big Savage fan, I'd love to see it get released, and also hope that WWE tries to license some of Savage's Memphis or ICW stuff for it so it can be a more accurate representation of his whole career. His stuff with Lawler in Memphis was a huge deal at the time, and should be seen by more fans beyond owners of the Wrestling Gold set.

See, I'm hoping that the recent release with Savage in them are indicative of the fact that this *might* actually come out now. We discussed it before, but Vince has seemed to let up on the 'No Savage' edict, at least on the DVD side of things.

The worst part is that it makes me naively hopeful that maybe, just maybe, Savage will sneak into LoW at the last minute, but that's never going to happen. :(

I am watching Impact now and it is golden. It reminds me of the time the NWO took over Nitro.

Booker T on Awesome Kong:"A woman so ugly that if you saw her during the day you wish it were night."

I don't think the Legacy deserve their own thread after getting bitched out by Shane and selling punches that weren't even connecting.

110397_article.jpg

"fuck him in the ass, make him humble!"

110396_article.jpg

Limited "4:30AM on 2-hours of sleep, day 4 of a coke bender, no makeup" Edition Trish Stratus.

110395_article.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: More unrealistic than JBL's 6-pack abs and chiseled pectorals.

The indy Macho Man stuff is absolutely stunning to watch, because it's so good it holds up today.

Moreover, you can hear a lot of the promo style associated with Mick Foley in those promos, whereas you might not find the same similrities if you compared Foley's promo style to Macho Man's style from his WWF/WCW runs. Savage did it first, naturally.

EDIT: Oh, for fuck's sake. Whoever suggested that TNA would have Bischoff play Blagojevich, stop giving TNA ideas: http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/1288/84/

Aside from the super thin torso/exposed abs, that Stephanie looks decent for the McMahon/Helmsley era style. I'm suprised they made Trish in the TnA look, since they haven't made the bodysuit look on that new body yet. That head would look better if they did a good job painting it, it looks like the scan is pretty good. (plus i think the hat is creating some weird shadows)

The big winner is fat, stumpy torso Triple H

110394_article.jpg

I think I've still got an OG Stephanie figure where they forgot to paint underwear on her. Supposedly they were worth some money.

I believe I do somewhere in storage too. I remember the hundreds of ebay auctions with upskirt action figure shots

[quote name='Blackout']I don't think the Legacy deserve their own thread after getting bitched out by Shane and selling punches that weren't even connecting.[/QUOTE]
That is exactly why they deserve their own topic because they are smart enough to put Shane O Mac over even though to sell those but if you saw the recap on Smackdown you would have never knew about the phantom punches being thrown.

[quote name='mykevermin']The indy Macho Man stuff is absolutely stunning to watch, because it's so good it holds up today.[/url][/QUOTE]

What's weird with Savage is, the older it is, the better it holds up. Stuff from early in his career up to around his Flair (WWF) feud is awesome regardless of era. Everything from his WWF announcing era to his first couple years in WCW is perfectly servicable. Later era WCW is a step down but still better than many. After he was done there it started to go downhill fast. I guess some of his little Youtube promos are still...uh, entertaining, but not in a "wow, Savage rules" kind of way.

Nash on commentary referring to Foley as the "lead singer from System of a Down"...my friends and I have joked about that for years, that was easily the mark-out moment of the year for me so far.

[quote name='KaneRobot']What's weird with Savage is, the older it is, the better it holds up. Stuff from early in his career up to around his Flair (WWF) feud is awesome regardless of era. Everything from his WWF announcing era to his first couple years in WCW is perfectly servicable. Later era WCW is a step down but still better than many. After he was done there it started to go downhill fast. I guess some of his little Youtube promos are still...uh, entertaining, but not in a "wow, Savage rules" kind of way.[/QUOTE]

Pretty astute observation, there, and something I'll wholly agree with.

His post-WCW stuff is, thankfully, scant. The "Be a Man" thing is kind of embarrassing. Alice Cooper recognizes that he'll only be taken seriously as a commodity in this day and age if he doesn't take *himself* seriously. Savage isn't upholding kayfabe in what he's doing; he's looking desperate and kinda sad. And the only thing I remember about him in TNA is that he stopped dying his hair.

It's a shame so few people get to see his pre-WWF material. I'm still stunned at its quality, and, were I a wrestling trainer, would force everyone to watch those promos to get an idea of the exemplars of the "crazy and out of control" style of promos. Early Savage, Foley in ECW and early Mankind days, and surely some others I can't think of at the moment. Probably some Warrior. Yeah, I said it. I'd have people learn to do promos like the Warrior.

When the moons of Saturn have aligned with the legions of Valhalla, then, and only then, Hulk Hogan, will your true destiny be revealed! *snort,snarl* It is a destiny fraught with agony and nashing of teeth, a destiny that, try as you may, is unavoidable! *more snortin', more snarlin'* You will fall, Hulk Hogan, you will fall beneath the trampling hooves of all my Warriors! *aneurysm*

Mike Knox
qualified for the Raw EC match at a house show today.

Wow. WWE's really filling this one up with people who wouldn't stand a chance at beating Jeff Hardy as a champion, let alone Cena. NWO's gonna do shit for buyrates, and the WWE will blame the nobodies in the main events, and not the fucked up economy, nor their dreadful selection of talent to put in the match in the first place.

[quote name='mykevermin']
Mike Knox
qualified for the Raw EC match at a house show today.

Wow. WWE's really filling this one up with people who wouldn't stand a chance at beating Jeff Hardy as a champion, let alone Cena. NWO's gonna do shit for buyrates, and the WWE will blame the nobodies in the main events, and not the fucked up economy, nor their dreadful selection of talent to put in the match in the first place.[/quote]

thats just pathetic, who they gonna round out the chamber with.... santino?

Kelly Kelly.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I like what they're doing with that guy, and his development. But you already have the "not gonna win, but let's see how he does and if he should move up to the main event" slot filled by Kofi. The "big name who never wins the big one" slot, usually reserved for Kane, is for Rey, and the "already have a program at Wrestlemania; well, maybe I do" slot filled by Jericho. They're foreshadowed everyone out of the already minuscule believability that they'd beat Cena. Which is different, somehow, from the average Cena program.

Weirder yet: they're going to have Cena/Orton at WM, but the storyline focus is on Orton/McMahons, and Cena's in a holding pattern beating everyone in sight. Unless they weave Cena into this soon, they're doing a poor job of buildup for their main PPV with 7 weeks to go.

[quote name='mykevermin']Kelly Kelly.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I like what they're doing with that guy, and his development. But you already have the "not gonna win, but let's see how he does and if he should move up to the main event" slot filled by Kofi. The "big name who never wins the big one" slot, usually reserved for Kane, is for Rey, and the "already have a program at Wrestlemania; well, maybe I do" slot filled by Jericho. They're foreshadowed everyone out of the already minuscule believability that they'd beat Cena. Which is different, somehow, from the average Cena program.

Weirder yet: they're going to have Cena/Orton at WM, but the storyline focus is on Orton/McMahons, and Cena's in a holding pattern beating everyone in sight. Unless they weave Cena into this soon, they're doing a poor job of buildup for their main PPV with 7 weeks to go.[/quote]

in all actuality, i think HBK may get the final spot in help with himn building up the angle with jbl. he is the only person i can think of... then again i never wouldve guessed knox (not putting it in spoilers since its on the WWE.com main page)

My guess is that Shane gets incapacitated in some fashion (boot to the head, or whatever). Cena comes out and cuts a promo aimed at Orton, wondering why Orton is doing the things he's doing.

Cena: "The fans are crazy about you, brah! Why would you do this!?"

Orton says he doesn't care, or whatever would make the fans crazier about him, and there's your Cena tie-in.

[quote name='mykevermin']Weirder yet: they're going to have Cena/Orton at WM, but the storyline focus is on Orton/McMahons, and Cena's in a holding pattern beating everyone in sight. Unless they weave Cena into this soon, they're doing a poor job of buildup for their main PPV with 7 weeks to go.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. As of right now the build to Wrestlemania 25 is very very poor. Especially given this is only the 25th Anniversary at least the WWE should have a few strong storylines going into the event that will of course lead into a few strong matches that will make the event memorable. Now of course all this can change in seven weeks but given how poor RAW was this week (as a whole) the WWE can't afford after this week to have another poor edition of their flagship show.

The funniest thing is that I keep forgetting Cena is even around let alone is champ given that the product is focused on Orton, HBK, JBL, Santino, and everyone else BUT Cena. That alone is a sign of a mishandled/misbooked product when the person who is the champ is overshadowed by nearly everything else on the show.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Exactly. As of right now the build to Wrestlemania 25 is very very poor. Especially given this is only the 25th Anniversary at least the WWE should have a few strong storylines going into the event that will of course lead into a few strong matches that will make the event memorable. Now of course all this can change in seven weeks but given how poor RAW was this week (as a whole) the WWE can't afford after this week to have another poor edition of their flagship show.

The funniest thing is that I keep forgetting Cena is even around let alone is champ given that the product is focused on Orton, HBK, JBL, Santino, and everyone else BUT Cena. That alone is a sign of a mishandled/misbooked product when the person who is the champ is overshadowed by nearly everything else on the show.[/quote]

After reading what you wrote I thought back and I actually couldn't remember when Cena was on RAW last week, he is getting the CM Punk midcard champ treatment as of late, although they did the same thing to HHH last year during all the Edge/Vickie stuff when Taker returned.

[quote name='cdubb1605']After reading what you wrote I thought back and I actually couldn't remember when Cena was on RAW last week, he is getting the CM Punk midcard champ treatment as of late, although they did the same thing to HHH last year during all the Edge/Vickie stuff when Taker returned.[/QUOTE]

The difference is that Triple H was still noticeable in the product and you didn't forget he was the champ. With Cena right now he's pretty forgetable due to him being put in the position of the afterthought of whatever bone the booking gives him that night on RAW. Especially as of lately with him being used as a live action prop in the JBL/HBK fued which if you haven't figured out by now that's where all of that is heading then you are as blind as Ray Charles.

I really do hope the WWE can surprise me by turning things around going into Mania.

You know they are going to find a way to put Cena in the lime light because he has that wack ass 12 Rounds movie coming out soon. After seeing the Marine I have no respect for Cena as a actor.

I think Cena is either going to come to the rescue of Stephanie or Shane on Raw to face Orton because of Legacy trying to mess with either of them in the near future.

What happened to Afa? Haven't seen him in a while.

[quote name='cdeener']What happened to Afa? Haven't seen him in a while.[/quote]

He and Sim Snuka got booted out of Legacy after losing their respective matches.

[quote name='Purple Flames']He and Sim Snuka got booted out of Legacy after losing their respective matches.[/QUOTE]
Well I don't really watch Raw. Thank you for the info.

[quote name='Demolition Man']The difference is that Triple H was still noticeable in the product and you didn't forget he was the champ. With Cena right now he's pretty forgetable due to him being put in the position of the afterthought of whatever bone the booking gives him that night on RAW. Especially as of lately with him being used as a live action prop in the JBL/HBK fued which if you haven't figured out by now that's where all of that is heading then you are as blind as Ray Charles.

I really do hope the WWE can surprise me by turning things around going into Mania.[/quote]

Did you read any of the *spoilers* on WM25 match possibilities, they are now eyeing a Cena/Jericho match and Orton/Austin as possible matches which makes 0 sense to me unless they make Orton use his title shot in the Chamber which would be fucking stupid. Last I'd heard Austin wasn't even in good enough shape to wrestle a match, so I guess we will see.

bread's done
Back