Steve Irwin dead

Cryptosporidium-399

CAGiversary!
HE dealt daily with all manner of dangerous creatures ... giant crocodiles, poisonous snakes, komodo dragons ... but it was a less obvious hazard that claimed the life of Steve Irwin.

Irwin had taken calculated risks with all sorts of wildlife for decades, relying on his knowledge of animal behaviour and personal experience to beat the odds. For someone who spent so much time around killer animals, Irwin seemed to leave a charmed life.

So his demise was all the more shocking because it apparently involved a stingray, an animal regarded as dangerous but not as a killer.

It is understood that Irwin was swimming off the Low Isles off Port Douglas filming a documentary, a task Irwin has carried out on countless occasions.

Yet this time, Irwin, ever so careful around danger, was taken unawares when, apparently, a sting ray he was filming struck out with its tail, the venomous barbs fatally embedding in his chest.

The death brought to an end a career that began with his father's Sunshine Coast theme park and developed into an international empire in which Irwinwas a globally recognised brand.

Working with his American-born wife Terri, and later, children his Bindi and Bob, the Irwin phenomenon continued to grow.
He was as recognised in the USA as he was here, and was one of the best-known Australians on the planet.

Irwin's catchcry "Crikey!" also became famous as he came face to fang with animals across the globe, the knockabout Australian in khakis delighting audiences in how he survived encounter after encounter.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,20349534-952,00.html

I always wondered how guys like this never seemed to get hurt fucking around with deadly animals all day. I guess they get hurt after all.

Man, read about this on /b/. I can only imagine what his wife had to live with, what with his croc shenanigans and all.

[quote name='seanr1221']Damn wow...I didnt think hed go out like that.[/QUOTE]

Hey, atleast it wasn't something lame... Like starvation or a drug overdose. It's a 'fit death' in some respects. Although unwanted, nonetheless.

[quote name='rabbitt']Hey, atleast it wasn't something lame... Like starvation or a drug overdose. It's a 'fit death' in some respects. Although unwanted, nonetheless.[/QUOTE]
And at least it was a quick death...better than getting disemboweled by a pack of crocs.

[quote name='rabbitt']Hey, atleast it wasn't something lame... Like starvation or a drug overdose. It's a 'fit death' in some respects. Although unwanted, nonetheless.[/QUOTE]
Agree'd, but still...wow. Can't believe he's dead, doesn't he have like a really young daughter? I feel sorry for his family, though with his lifestyle something like this was bound to happen eventually. But, of all animals, a stingray. I guess he just slipped up because he always seemed pretty careful in the ways he approached possibly dangerous animals.

[quote name='Matrix2k3']Agree'd, but still...wow. Can't believe he's dead, doesn't he have like a really young daughter? I feel sorry for his family, though with his lifestyle something like this was bound to happen eventually. But, of all animals, a stingray. I guess he just slipped up because he always seemed pretty careful in the ways he approached possibly dangerous animals.[/quote]
Two kids and a wife. :/

Ouch...this really really sucks...why couldnt it have been someone no one likes??

How long do you think until the footage of him being killed gets leaked onto the net?

[quote name='whoknows']Ouch...this really really sucks...why couldnt it have been someone no one likes??

How long do you think until the footage of him being killed gets leaked onto the net?[/quote]

I'd say a week tops, especially since he was filming a documentary.

http://stingrayd.ytmnd.com
steverip.jpg

honestly, he got what he deserves.

any person who puts a newly born child in the danger he put his in.... really needs to get a rude awakening.. and i guess this was rude enough.

I'm surprised he's lived this long with all those situations he's been in. Also when I read the topic, I thought he got ate by a croc. But a stingray???

Man that sucks, working around deadly animals all the time never really gets hurt. Then gets suckered punch by a stingray while doing something mundane. RIP

It was bound to happen sooner or later. The probability was just too high. That guy was avoiding death and dismemberment like every show.

[quote name='projecteightysix']

any person who puts a newly born child in the danger he put his in.... really needs to get a rude awakening.. and i guess this was rude enough.[/quote]

No need for that man. The guy's dead.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']No need for that man. The guy's dead.[/QUOTE]

seriously dude, nobody deserves to die unless they did something like kill someone else on purpose. It was his kid, he probably knew what he was doing, and did the kid die? no

[quote name='radjago']This article made me laugh. Understatement of the year.[/QUOTE]

I always love when they quote some "expert" as saying something that is pretty damn obvious. I mean are there people out there who think the stingray attacked him because it was a mating ritual.

Man, this sucks. Animal Planet better start a Steve Irwin week in honor of him and repeat it once a year. As for this not being a shock, well Jack Hanna is still kicking and he's real old now.

i thought he stepped on him . they say that stingrays only get defensive when they feel threatned... anyway RIP Steve Irwin you will be missed.

[quote name='Graystone']Man that sucks, working around deadly animals all the time never really gets hurt. Then gets suckered punch by a stingray while doing something mundane. RIP[/quote]

i'm sure he, and any other people dealing with deadly and dangerous animals all the time, gets hurt all the time. they just don't show it.

Wow, it's not very often a celebrity death makes me sad. Usually it's a combination of excitement and joy.

I've watched Steve's shows for as long as i can remember.

I admit, I never really watched his show and didn't care for the guy's gimmicks, but I can appreciate his dedication to his work. However, now since he is gone I somehow find myself missing him. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Also, projecteightysix, you're way out of line with that post. It's truly disrespectful.

[quote name='projecteightysix']http://stingrayd.ytmnd.com

any person who puts a newly born child in the danger he put his in.... really needs to get a rude awakening.. and i guess this was rude enough.[/quote]

Waaaay out of line jackass. If he put his baby in harm's way, he obviously knew what he was doing, and he shouldn't DIE for it. This man was so dedicated to animals, and paved new roads in animal research and all you can say is "he got what he deserves?" Unless you killed somebody else (on purpose) then nobody deserves to die. You are an insensitive bastard. In closing I would like to say: fuck YOU.

(RIP Steve, You will be missed)

my cousin called me up today and said it was Stone cold from the WWE . who got killed by a stingray. LOL i was wondering what the hell was stone cold doing playing with a stingray

I too loved and was slightly annoyed by Steve Irwin. He was someone who cared about something deeply, and that is rare in today's world.

I know it's too soon for jokes, but I think his wife should start a new show with some wimpy guy who's totally afraid of all animals and screams like a little girl when around them. That would be funny.

Also, whoever said he's glad Steve wasn't disemboweled by crocs....no kidding......he'd be screaming, "Watch how they go roit for moi intestines......maaaarverlous......."

I know...too soon.....but he was awesome.

Well I got my rude awakening for the day. That really sucks. I used to watch his show a lot back in 2000 around the height of it's popularity. He was rrelly fun to watch because he put in a lot of enthusiam and you could tell that he really loved what he did and wanted to entertain the viewers in the process.

RIP Croc Hunter.

bread's done
Back