Steve Irwin dead

Wow......

Projecteightysix, you're an ass. Have some respect for the dead, and for those that they left behind to mourn. You deserve the same insulting comments when you finally bite the dust.

This is pretty sad. Like most of the world, I suppose he annoyed me a little, but everyone still really loves the guy. He was genuine, dedicated, passionate about his field, and never became jaded or arrogant because of his status. That's respectable, to say the least.

As far as his family, it's awful whenever a family loses someone, and even moreso when there are children involved. However, on the bright side, you know that he made a fortune doing what he did, so the kids and wife and surely set for life. Not that money makes it all ok, but not having to worry about financial woes does relieve some of the burden of his passing.

I'm a little bewildered by all these "he didn't deserve to die" comments; he didn't? I mean, we all die. We all "deserve" to die at some point, because that is our collective destiny. And this man died doing what he obviously loved doing; the odds were bound to catch up with him at some point. All I'm saying is, we should be happy for him that he got to die in the midst of his life's passion!

Oh, and I refuse to say "Rest in Peace", simply because it makes no sense. I'll just wish his family peace and comfort in this rough time. Crikey indeed.

You know I had the feeling something like this would happen to him one day...but I was thinking a Crock would get him, not a Stingray. ... Now will his insurance take care of his family or is it waved because of all the dangerous stuff he does? May he rest in peace and best wishes for for his family.

I'm quite surprised someone like Jack Hanna hasn't had anything of this sort happen yet. He's so clumsy around animals everytime he's on talk shows.

[quote name='Man with the Plan']Waaaay out of line jackass. If he put his baby in harm's way, he obviously knew what he was doing, and he shouldn't DIE for it. This man was so dedicated to animals, and paved new roads in animal research and all you can say is "he got what he deserves?" Unless you killed somebody else (on purpose) then nobody deserves to die. You are an insensitive bastard. In closing I would like to say: fuck YOU.

(RIP Steve, You will be missed)[/QUOTE]

QFT.

money says, Mike Rowe is next........ but its going to be awhile since most likely it will be more of an accident, then an animal attack.

[quote name='Man with the Plan']Waaaay out of line jackass. If he put his baby in harm's way, he obviously knew what he was doing, and he shouldn't DIE for it. This man was so dedicated to animals, and paved new roads in animal research and all you can say is "he got what he deserves?" Unless you killed somebody else (on purpose) then nobody deserves to die. You are an insensitive bastard. In closing I would like to say: fuck YOU.

(RIP Steve, You will be missed)[/quote]

Yeah that was bad taste.

RIP Steve Irwin

Hopefuly this will stop or at least diminish the wave of idiotic animal shows where people feel the need to get close to dangerous animals and play with them in hopes of somehow proving that they aren't really dangerous and we should live in peace. Yeah, I like his shows, but most of the stuff he did, without a doubt, was plain stupid.

Secondly all you people defending Steve for dangling his child in front of a dangerous crocodile like a piece of meat are retarded.

[quote name='Scrubking']Hopefuly this will stop or at least diminish the wave of idiotic animal shows where people feel the need to get close to dangerous animals and play with them in hopes of somehow proving that they aren't really dangerous and we should live in peace. Yeah, I like his shows, but most of the stuff he did, without a doubt, was plain stupid.

Secondly all you people defending Steve for dangling his child in front of a dangerous crocodile like a piece of meat are retarded.[/QUOTE]

It was only a matter of time before something got him... my ex and I always though either a crock or a snake would get him...not a sting ray..... He played with danger each time he was near one of those animals. I really can't believe a sting ray got him... I hope they killed the fucker ...but i would not be surprised if some fucker preserved it, and put it up on ebay as the stingray that killed Steve! :(

That baby thing was stupid period....... I'm really surprised he wasn't charged with child endangerment.....but if MJ can get away with hanging his baby outside of a window, then so can Steve :(

[quote name='Scrubking']Hopefuly this will stop or at least diminish the wave of idiotic animal shows where people feel the need to get close to dangerous animals and play with them in hopes of somehow proving that they aren't really dangerous and we should live in peace. Yeah, I like his shows, but most of the stuff he did, without a doubt, was plain stupid.

Secondly all you people defending Steve for dangling his child in front of a dangerous crocodile like a piece of meat are retarded.[/quote]

I personally would never defend him putting his child in harm's way like that. It was definitely wrong. But you don't wish death on anyone, and you don't make fun of the dead like that. Especially someone who seemed like a genuinely nice person except for the baby thing.

Crikey! Yeah i used to watch his show. He really did love animals. Cept birds. I read he almost got his nose bitten off by a parrot when he was young. Well we all expected him to die by getting eated by a croc but it was a stingray that did him in. I also remember him saying that he watend cameras running at all times no matter what cause if he died he wanted it on tape. Wonder if they'll release the tape or destroy it. R.I.P. Steve Irwin and my condolences to the family.

squirrel.gif

here is a pic of hime right before the sting ray sucker punched him.

Poor bastard. I would have rather gone out from a lion or a bear or a croc. Got killed by a sting ray. Hey I bet he didn't see that one coming. Oh wait he DIDN"T see it coming. Oh well.

here is one for fun...

Wow. a stinger from a stingray through the chest. That's very freaky considering you basicall have to step on them to get them to react. I would've thought maybe a shark got to him.

R.I.P. Steve Irwin

[quote name='hohez']Wow, it's not very often a celebrity death makes me sad. Usually it's a combination of excitement and joy.

I've watched Steve's shows for as long as i can remember.[/QUOTE]

im the say way, i usually couldnt care less when celebrities die, but i am actually prety sad to hear that he went out like that, i suppose its the tragic irony. well at least i can look forward to the marathon on tv.

[quote name='help1']Press Y near your gang members to revive them![/QUOTE]

QFT.

At least he died doing what he loved - bothering dangerous animals.

The man had bigger balls than everyone on this board put together (I didn't check)...well, either that, or no brain. DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'VE GOT 'TILL IT'S GONNNNNNE

Damn, no idea how I missed this one and created another one. Oh well, sucks that the guy is dead, but at least he died doing what he loved best...

You know, it makes me remember the ending of Legends of the Fall when at the end Brad Pitts charater gets killed by the bear and the narrator says that it "was a good death". I guess that it was fitting that he go doing something he loved and such...

EDIT: And thanks to the mod for deleting my thread on this

Ive been deleted! Those pics took a long time to photoshop.

Ok so whos running around deleting peoples posts????

um why were they deleted????

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Ive been deleted! Those pics took a long time to photoshop.

um why were they deleted????[/quote]

Was it something in poor taste?

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Ive been deleted! Those pics took a long time to photoshop.

um why were they deleted????[/quote]

Only thing I can think of is they did it out of respect...

wow, to be killed by a stingray, how freakish is that. I've never heard of stingray deaths before. I feel bad for this kids and his wife who no longer have a father. A freak accident, to have the bard go into his heart. Still as questionalbe as the stuff Croc Hunter did, he devoted his life to protecting and rescuing animals. I have to respect him for what he stood for.

oh, damn wiki's are fast on this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Irwin

apparently the whole stabing was caught on TAPE :whistle2:O

The police now have it, which means some fucker is probibly going to sell a copy to the paparotzes (sp?) and then its going to be on the net :( Damn show some respect for the guy.

But for a stingray tail to stab you right in the chest and into your heart...wow thats pretty sharp shit out there.

[quote name='ITDEFX']oh, damn wiki's are fast on this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Irwin

apparently the whole stabing was caught on TAPE :whistle2:O

The police now have it, which means some fucker is probibly going to sell a copy to the paparotzes (sp?) and then its going to be on the net :( Damn show some respect for the guy.

But for a stingray tail to stab you right in the chest and into your heart...wow thats pretty sharp shit out there.[/QUOTE]

It was just his time to go I guess.
But now hes wrestling dinosaurs in heaven.

[quote name='bobo2k4']It was just his time to go I guess.
But now hes wrestling dinosaurs in heaven.[/QUOTE]

nope it wasn't his time to go, but that damn sting ray cheated him out of a normal life watching his kids grow up.....so sad....... I feel like finding that sting ray and stabbing it using its own tail and see how that feels! :(

Why are people so upset about the baby thing? He has stated that he was in COMPLETE control and nothing would've gone wrong, and nothing did. People complaining about shit like that are probably the same people that don't whip out the belt like they should.

Now, if it were some random jackass with his baby, then I would be upset. But it was Steve motherfucking Irwin. The man knew his crocs....just not his Stingrays apparently...

[quote name='bobo2k4']It was just his time to go I guess.
But now hes wrestling dinosaurs in heaven.[/QUOTE]

*has weird image of Steve Irwin as a guest on Johnny Carson's Afterlife Tonight Show, with a Dodo bird in tow. Special musical guest John Lennon returns.*

While this shouldn't come as a shock to anyone, it is somewhat unexpected when it happens.

Quick question though, How the hell could this guy get life insurance or health insurance? Maybe he didn't have it but i have always wondered that.

[quote name='schuerm26']
Quick question though, How the hell could this guy get life insurance or health insurance? Maybe he didn't have it but i have always wondered that.[/QUOTE]

I have always though about this...... He probibly has some sort of insurance..but his monthly payments must be HUGE. If he is insured , then his family will be set for life ...still sad to see the kids will grow up with out a father.

If he DOESN'T have insurance because no one will cover him, then he's screwed :(

Yeah that's what i was thinking. He probably made a ton of money but it goes quick if it is suddenly cut off. Especially when your kids are still really young. Hopefully he had it. You would have to be insane to do that type of stuff without insurance though.

Maybe he had insurance through the huge broadcasting networks (whatever his show was shown on).

[quote name='Tiphireth']Man, read about this on /b/. I can only imagine what his wife had to live with, what with his croc shenanigans and all.[/QUOTE]

I've followed them for years and I know his wife shares his passion and looked up to him more than anyone he knew.

I'm more saddened that his wife and children will miss him so than by his actual death. I don't know how to feel right now. I loved this guy and his crazy personality and his super fun TV shows, probably some of the best shows on TV for everyone...

People responsible for innocent, uplifting, educational programming die, and people like Jessica Simpson live it up.

I can't take it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']nope it wasn't his time to go, but that damn sting ray cheated him out of a normal life watching his kids grow up.....so sad....... I feel like finding that sting ray and stabbing it using its own tail and see how that feels! :([/QUOTE]

But then you would be disrespecting Steve's memory. I think everyone knows, he would not want the sting ray hurt. It was simply reacting to it's environment.

Anyway, even though I was not a big fan of his (never really got into the Animal Planet stuff) I am upset because someone who devoted his life to protecting the environment is gone and it will be impossible to replace him. He was one of the loudest voices out there, and now it is gone. I just hope his memory will spur others to his cause.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I have always though about this...... He probibly has some sort of insurance..but his monthly payments must be HUGE. If he is insured , then his family will be set for life ...still sad to see the kids will grow up with out a father.

If he DOESN'T have insurance because no one will cover him, then he's screwed :([/QUOTE]

You've gotta be kidding. The guy had a veritable media empire. He was a pop culture icon around the freakin' world and has been milking his documentary movies, TV shows, guest appearances, books, clothing and other merch for many, many years.

So unless his handlers pulled a Mike Tyson on him, it's not like his wife and kids are at their shanty home, huddled over the last half of their last burning candle, with dirt on their faces and their stomachs rumbling with hunger wondering how they're ever going to make it now.

Maybe I've got a hardened heart, but my sympathies can only extend so far for Steve Irwin. He hassled dangerous animals for a living and it was bound to get him sooner or later. I reserve my full sympathies for the truly less fortunate in the world.

[quote name='Scobie']You've gotta be kidding. The guy had a veritable media empire. He was a pop culture icon around the freakin' world and has been milking his documentary movies, TV shows, guest appearances, books, clothing and other merch for many, many years.
Maybe I've got a hardened heart, but my sympathies can only extend so far for Steve Irwin. He hassled dangerous animals for a living and it was bound to get him sooner or later. I reserve my full sympathies for the truly less fortunate in the world.[/QUOTE]

Your spot on for the first part, his family should be able to live comfortably based on the funds from his books, movies and Australia Zoo

But I disagree that all he did was harass dangerous animals. It seems like alot of people who take that view are only looking at him from the South Park direction. ("Ah Crikey, and how to shove my thumb....")

Maybe I am romanticizing the idea but this man, and other like him, are out to show regular people, that the fears we have for wildlife are somewhat unfounded. We should not fear animals, but we have to have respect, which is what he did. I find it hard to believe that this accident was entirely his fault, and if I had to guess, most likely a predator has entered the environment, or it was the sting ray mating season, but outside factors, that have not yet been revealed, will come to light.

I am not saying you have to feel bad for this, because that is not my place. But, recognize the contributions of a person. He and others like him have changed our perception on so many different types of animals, people now have a more well rounded idea about sharks, beside what Jaws showed us, because of this man and other like him. That is important and if he life meant anything, I think it was to respect nature, rather than blindly fear it, because when we react ouf the fear, we are often wrong.

Honestly, you know who I am sad for the most, the sting rays. Because you know that some amount of very loud, very small public outcry will call for action and that will defeat the purpose of the man's whole like.

His wife is American, right? That sting-ray better swim far away, because her side of the family is gonna sue that sting-ray for everything he has!!

Regardless, RIP Steve =( it is sad, but it's one of those things like everyone has mentioned: It was bound to happen eventually.

[quote name='Scobie']You've gotta be kidding. The guy had a veritable media empire. He was a pop culture icon around the freakin' world and has been milking his documentary movies, TV shows, guest appearances, books, clothing and other merch for many, many years.

So unless his handlers pulled a Mike Tyson on him, it's not like his wife and kids are at their shanty home, huddled over the last half of their last burning candle, with dirt on their faces and their stomachs rumbling with hunger wondering how they're ever going to make it now.

Maybe I've got a hardened heart, but my sympathies can only extend so far for Steve Irwin. He hassled dangerous animals for a living and it was bound to get him sooner or later. I reserve my full sympathies for the truly less fortunate in the world.[/quote]

Well then you sir are an ass if the fortunate people don't get any of your sympathies just because they did well for themselves. Do you not realize how much good this guy has done for TONS of people?

Man.

Some of you people need to show some goddamn respect.

When was the last time you heard about this guy getting caught driving drunk, or beating his wife, or cheating an ex out of millions in child support, or getting hooked on drugs, or raving racial slurs left and right, or having illicit relations with a minor, etc etc etc etc?

Granted, he did something a lot of people thought was idiotic (holding his child in front of a hungry alligator), and his daily routine was to skirt death, but the guy seemed like a genuinely good guy. There wasn't more to him than what he was. He didn't piss and moan and bitch and cry the second he got attacked by anything. And you damn well know every other week or so, he got injured.

I'd wager if the sting ray hadn't killed him, he'd be back out there next week swimming with them again.

Whereas we have sports "heroes" that take dives and complain about their millions upon millions to sit on the bench, or "celebrities" that are famous because their parents are rich (when they are fucking hoebags), or media personalities that preach directly to us but get caught being total perverts/assholes/idiots, Irwin just did what he did, didn't ask too many questions, and wanted people to share in a bit of his enthusiasm. And hey, maybe they'd like to learn something too, and have it be exciting at the same time.

I'm painting a pretty picture here, but I'm trying to look at the reality of the situation. And that is simply that he went around doing crazy shit, but educated millions, is known by millions, will be missed by millions, and will probably be discounted by millions of people as well.

And that's pretty unfortunate considering those people probably think nice things about far less deserving individuals.

You'll be missed, Mr. Irwin. And you deserve to be.

Ugh, it sucks. Heard about it last night.

Feel sorry for his family. Doesn't matter who it is, it still is tragic to lose someone. I always enjoyed watching him on Conan Obrien.

I wish Stevo would have died first.

[quote name='Strell']Man.

Some of you people need to show some goddamn respect.

When was the last time you heard about this guy getting caught driving drunk, or beating his wife, or cheating an ex out of millions in child support, or getting hooked on drugs, or raving racial slurs left and right, or having illicit relations with a minor, etc etc etc etc?

Granted, he did something a lot of people thought was idiotic (holding his child in front of a hungry alligator), and his daily routine was to skirt death, but the guy seemed like a genuinely good guy. There wasn't more to him than what he was. He didn't piss and moan and bitch and cry the second he got attacked by anything. And you damn well know every other week or so, he got injured.

I'd wager if the sting ray hadn't killed him, he'd be back out there next week swimming with them again.

Whereas we have sports "heroes" that take dives and complain about their millions upon millions to sit on the bench, or "celebrities" that are famous because their parents are rich (when they are fucking hoebags), or media personalities that preach directly to us but get caught being total perverts/assholes/idiots, Irwin just did what he did, didn't ask too many questions, and wanted people to share in a bit of his enthusiasm. And hey, maybe they'd like to learn something too, and have it be exciting at the same time.

I'm painting a pretty picture here, but I'm trying to look at the reality of the situation. And that is simply that he went around doing crazy shit, but educated millions, is known by millions, will be missed by millions, and will probably be discounted by millions of people as well.

And that's pretty unfortunate considering those people probably think nice things about far less deserving individuals.

You'll be missed, Mr. Irwin. And you deserve to be.[/quote]

Well said.

[quote name='Strell']You'll be missed, Mr. Irwin. And you deserve to be.[/quote]Well said, Strell, well said indeed.
He will be missed.

And I completely agree with DarkNessBear, I really wish Steve-O had died instead.

bread's done
Back