Steve Irwin dead

Doesn't he have like an older son or daughter around adult age? I could have sworn he had adult children who were on tv with him...if this is true, they should carry on the legacy.

[quote name='mr ryles']he should have just took labor day weekend off like everyone else.....

:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, but I don't think there is such thing as Labor day on this date in the land down under.

From the article I read they stressed that this was a freak accident. So while swimming with these things probably isn't the smartest in the world, it was probably a far cry from some of the other things this guy has done.

It's a shame. He was a great guy and was really fun to watch. You hate to hear about stuff like this..

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']From the article I read they stressed that this was a freak accident. So while swimming with these things probably isn't the smartest in the world, it was probably a far cry from some of the other things this guy has done.

It's a shame. He was a great guy and was really fun to watch. You hate to hear about stuff like this..[/QUOTE]
That's the way it sounded to me too. One in a million shot really that the barb would go straight into his heart.

it is kinda sad, but everyone keeps saying they expected him to get eaten by crocs. i actually think (in retrospect) that this probably makes a little sense that it was an animal generally considered harmless that killed him. he was probably much more complacent dealing with stingrays than the usual deadly animals he worked with a lot, which i'm sure he was much more careful around.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']That's the way it sounded to me too. One in a million shot really that the barb would go straight into his heart.[/QUOTE]

The greatest thing about this guy is that.. had the barb hit his leg, stomach, arm, or pretty much anywhere else but his heart or anything vital.. his crazy ass would of wrapped it up and would of jumped right back into the water to finish the documentary! Gotta love that kind of stuff!

And i agree with alot of people in this thread about how other celebrities are all popular and live the good life.....for pretty much nothing, and yet they bitch about EVERYTHING.

When the Princess Diana thing occured, this was NON STOP on the news for weeks. It was a car accident and she died. I still do not know why that went on and on and on. Yet, someone like Steve Irwin died yesterday (or today?) and tomorrow it'll all be "forgotten" (aka never talked about in the news again)

^ makes me sad

Hopefully there will be a "best of" DVD as well as a Best of Week on Animal Planet.
It's the LEAST they can do!

[quote name='Strell']Man.

Some of you people need to show some goddamn respect.

When was the last time you heard about this guy getting caught driving drunk, or beating his wife, or cheating an ex out of millions in child support, or getting hooked on drugs, or raving racial slurs left and right, or having illicit relations with a minor, etc etc etc etc?

Granted, he did something a lot of people thought was idiotic (holding his child in front of a hungry alligator), and his daily routine was to skirt death, but the guy seemed like a genuinely good guy. There wasn't more to him than what he was. He didn't piss and moan and bitch and cry the second he got attacked by anything. And you damn well know every other week or so, he got injured.

I'd wager if the sting ray hadn't killed him, he'd be back out there next week swimming with them again.

Whereas we have sports "heroes" that take dives and complain about their millions upon millions to sit on the bench, or "celebrities" that are famous because their parents are rich (when they are fucking hoebags), or media personalities that preach directly to us but get caught being total perverts/assholes/idiots, Irwin just did what he did, didn't ask too many questions, and wanted people to share in a bit of his enthusiasm. And hey, maybe they'd like to learn something too, and have it be exciting at the same time.

I'm painting a pretty picture here, but I'm trying to look at the reality of the situation. And that is simply that he went around doing crazy shit, but educated millions, is known by millions, will be missed by millions, and will probably be discounted by millions of people as well.

And that's pretty unfortunate considering those people probably think nice things about far less deserving individuals.

You'll be missed, Mr. Irwin. And you deserve to be.[/quote]Thread over.

[quote name='lilboo']The greatest thing about this guy is that.. had the barb hit his leg, stomach, arm, or pretty much anywhere else but his heart or anything vital.. his crazy ass would of wrapped it up and would of jumped right back into the water to finish the documentary! Gotta love that kind of stuff!

And i agree with alot of people in this thread about how other celebrities are all popular and live the good life.....for pretty much nothing, and yet they bitch about EVERYTHING.

When the Princess Diana thing occured, this was NON STOP on the news for weeks. It was a car accident and she died. I still do not know why that went on and on and on. Yet, someone like Steve Irwin died yesterday (or today?) and tomorrow it'll all be "forgotten" (aka never talked about in the news again)

^ makes me sad

Hopefully there will be a "best of" DVD as well as a Best of Week on Animal Planet.
It's the LEAST they can do![/QUOTE]

True that. I could just have seen it now.

"Crikey! See this sting ray has a large barb on its tail that it uses for defense and obviously he was threatened by me. Poor little guy, I didn't mean to scare you. Now I just need a bandage or something for where it went through my leg. Oh, look it went all the way through. Haha, it stings a little, better get it wrapped up so I can get back underwater."

This guy was definetly hardcore and despite losing a little respect for him about the baby thing, I'm really sad to see him go.

[quote name='ITDEFX']money says, Mike Rowe is next........ but its going to be awhile since most likely it will be more of an accident, then an animal attack.[/quote]
How so? He hardly ever puts himself in any real danger, and even then, he always has professionals around him to make sure he's not fucking up and possibly hurting himself. The most dangerous situation I've seen him in was at the monkey sanctuary where he was attacked by a monkey, along with several of his crew getting hurt, but they were quick to get anyone seriously hurt out of there ASAP. Mostly he's just getting dirty in a factory, at a farm, or some other less-than-glorious place. I'd bet that any other animal handler like Steve would be more likely to go next than Mike.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']How so? He hardly ever puts himself in any real danger, and even then, he always has professionals around him to make sure he's not fucking up and possibly hurting himself. The most dangerous situation I've seen him in was at the monkey sanctuary where he was attacked by a monkey, along with several of his crew getting hurt, but they were quick to get anyone seriously hurt out of there ASAP. Mostly he's just getting dirty in a factory, at a farm, or some other less-than-glorious place. I'd bet that any other animal handler like Steve would be more likely to go next than Mike.[/QUOTE]

well he is exposing himself to various fumes and other toxins...surely not on a daily basis, but when he was walking around in the LA shit plant (I forgot the offical name) I was like oh man that guy is gonna catch something nasty and die from it... yea I saw that monkey show.......I'm like damn attacked by wild monkies :O

who thinks Paul Hogan should step up and fill in for Irwin? Just because Irwin died it should not stop him from doing what Irwin did for us, make animals intresting.

[quote name='Strell']Man.

Some of you people need to show some goddamn respect.

When was the last time you heard about this guy getting caught driving drunk, or beating his wife, or cheating an ex out of millions in child support, or getting hooked on drugs, or raving racial slurs left and right, or having illicit relations with a minor, etc etc etc etc?

Granted, he did something a lot of people thought was idiotic (holding his child in front of a hungry alligator), and his daily routine was to skirt death, but the guy seemed like a genuinely good guy. There wasn't more to him than what he was. He didn't piss and moan and bitch and cry the second he got attacked by anything. And you damn well know every other week or so, he got injured.

I'd wager if the sting ray hadn't killed him, he'd be back out there next week swimming with them again.

Whereas we have sports "heroes" that take dives and complain about their millions upon millions to sit on the bench, or "celebrities" that are famous because their parents are rich (when they are fucking hoebags), or media personalities that preach directly to us but get caught being total perverts/assholes/idiots, Irwin just did what he did, didn't ask too many questions, and wanted people to share in a bit of his enthusiasm. And hey, maybe they'd like to learn something too, and have it be exciting at the same time.

I'm painting a pretty picture here, but I'm trying to look at the reality of the situation. And that is simply that he went around doing crazy shit, but educated millions, is known by millions, will be missed by millions, and will probably be discounted by millions of people as well.

And that's pretty unfortunate considering those people probably think nice things about far less deserving individuals.

You'll be missed, Mr. Irwin. And you deserve to be.[/QUOTE]

Well said man.

[quote name='ITDEFX']who thinks Paul Hogan should step up and fill in for Irwin? Just because Irwin died it should not stop him from doing what Irwin did for us, make animals intresting.[/quote]

I honestly wasn't too shocked, you can only dance in the fire so many times before you get burned. Alas, I did not expect him to go like this. He was so knowledgeable about animals too, what a crazy twist of fate.

[quote name='[B']projecteightysix[/B];2168140]honestly, he got what he deserves.
any person who puts a newly born child in the danger he put his in.... really needs to get a rude awakening.. and i guess this was rude enough.[/quote]

Too bad you didn't die ;)

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I honestly wasn't too shocked, you can only dance in the fire so many times before you get burned. Alas, I did not expect him to go like this. He was so knowledgeable about animals too, what a crazy twist of fate.[/quote]

So true. At least he lived a full life. As for going like this, I don't think he would have had it any other way, I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted to die in his sleep of, say, a heart attack.

well if you want to look at the bright side, he died doing what he loved to do, entertaining children and adults. Well at least it was a quick death, and not one where he was suffering a lot :|

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']So true. At least he lived a full life. As for going like this, I don't think he would have had it any other way, I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted to die in his sleep of, say, a heart attack.[/quote]

When I heard he got stung by something in the ocean I initially thought it was one of these jellyfish guys , alas a freak accident with a Sting Ray, how unfortunate. Of all the people that could happen to as well.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']When I heard he got stung by something in the ocean I initially thought it was one of these jellyfish guys , alas a freak accident with a Sting Ray, how unfortunate. Of all the people that could happen to as well.[/quote]

Yeah, when I first heard in the sleepy haze in my head when I woke up this morning, I thought he might have gotten the shit stung out of him by a Man O' War jelly fish and didn't make it in time. Strangely enough, hes the 4th reported sting ray death in Austrailia in I think, 60-80 years. Or something like that

Mannnn I was at my house with a bunch of friends....saw the news and we were all just in disbelief. Really tragic, R.I.P.....

sucks. this guy was hella cool. He's on right now on animal planet and they showed a clip of him trying to cut the grass around the crocodile ponds in the zoo and the crocs attacking the lawn mower, and now he's describeing the day he met his wife and he sounds just like he's describing one of his crocodile adventures.

I was in shock when I heard about this; considering I don't really watch his show, I was kind of surprised how badly I felt when I found out. He was a good man and will be sorely missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

[quote name='rabbitt']Although he was pretty corny, it's still sad when we see someone die who respects animals so much.[/quote]

QFT! RIP Steve Irwin! This is one of the few times where I felt genuine sadness when a celebrity died. :cry:

[quote name='ITDEFX']well he is exposing himself to various fumes and other toxins...surely not on a daily basis, but when he was walking around in the LA shit plant (I forgot the offical name) I was like oh man that guy is gonna catch something nasty and die from it... yea I saw that monkey show.......I'm like damn attacked by wild monkies :O[/quote]
Since the guys that work there are probably not falling over dead from the fumes and such he comes into contact with occasionally, I'm sure Mike would be fine.

I was shocked and saddened to hear the news yesterday.

The irony is tragic as death by being envenomed by a stingray is somewhat rare. RIP Mr. Irwin, you did a lot to promote Australia as well as nature conservation. You will be missed...

I'm going to share one of my favorite moments of Steve Irwin. I'd YouTube it, but it'd be impossible to find the exact clip I'm talking about.

Anyway, he was on some adventure and stopped to point out a spider of some sort. He was getting into it, and I forgot the specifics but he said something to this effect...

"Right here's the African black spider, you can tell it's an African black spider because it's all green."

So for many years I made fun of that, and I thank him for it. I hope in Heaven they're letting him wrestle whatever he wants to. Demons, maybe? Steve Irwin: Demon Hunter.

All kidding aside, RIP you crazy dude.

[quote name='doubledown']So, is the video on the Internet yet? I heard it was on tape....

Just curious :)

I did like that crazy man.[/QUOTE]

No, the police have it. And being such guardians of the law, they will not release it to anyone but the wife, and that only after she has had a period of time to properly mourn her husband and the father to her children.

So, we should see it probably later today.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']No, the police have it. And being such guardians of the law, they will not release it to anyone but the wife, and that only after she has had a period of time to properly mourn her husband and the father to her children.

So, we should see it probably later today.[/QUOTE]

That's what I said in the posts before... you know some prick is going to sell a copy to the paparatiz (sp?) and then its going to be on the net. I really, really find that distrubing that some fuck heads would do such thing as to not only sell/buy this tape copy but to post it on to the net. Bet you google is being hammered for "Irwin's death video" or similar search. I am not going to even search for this ......... let the man die in peace...

Steve Irwin didn't die instantly, didn't piss off stingray

Steve Irwin's death was caught on camera and the tape shows him pulling the stingray barb out of his chest before dying. It also shows that, unlike his behavior with crocodiles and other dangerous land animals, he didn't provoke the stingray.

"It shows that Steve came over the top of the ray and the tail came up, and spiked him here (in the chest), and he pulled it out and the next minute he's gone," Stainton told reporters in the Queensland state city of Cairns, where Irwin's body was taken for an autopsy. "If ever he was going to go, we always said it was going to be the ocean," Stainton said. "On land he was agile, quick-thinking, quick-moving and the ocean puts another element there that you have no control over."

The actual tape is being held by police at the moment, but I'm not sure it's something anybody would actually want to see. Joking about shooting Paris Hilton in the face with a bazooka is one thing, actually watching a beloved conservationist die in the water is another.

I like Steve Irwin.

Steve Irwin didn't die instantly, didn't piss off stingray

Steve Irwin's death was caught on camera and the tape shows him pulling the stingray barb out of his chest before dying. It also shows that, unlike his behavior with crocodiles and other dangerous land animals, he didn't provoke the stingray.

"It shows that Steve came over the top of the ray and the tail came up, and spiked him here (in the chest), and he pulled it out and the next minute he's gone," Stainton told reporters in the Queensland state city of Cairns, where Irwin's body was taken for an autopsy. "If ever he was going to go, we always said it was going to be the ocean," Stainton said. "On land he was agile, quick-thinking, quick-moving and the ocean puts another element there that you have no control over."

The actual tape is being held by police at the moment, but I'm not sure it's something anybody would actually want to see. Joking about shooting Paris Hilton in the face with a bazooka is one thing, actually watching a beloved conservationist die in the water is another.

if anyone caught that CNN Live with Larry King earlier tonight and saw that interview with Irwin's friend, he stated that he hopes that tape is destroyed and never shown to the public.... There were some real tear jerking moments. Wow, I never really watched his show, but his death has hit me pretty hard...guess because he was a nice guy doing good and died while trying to do good. :(

knowing how many people clammed to see the vid of that guy getting his head cut off (forget his name already), I'm sure this will get out at some point.

[quote name='Apossum']knowing how many people clammed to see the vid of that guy getting his head cut off (forget his name already), I'm sure this will get out at some point.[/quote]

Back when Ogrish still was one of the best places for gore (now its just a shitty site"reporting" various things of the such), they had that video pretty much the day it hit the airwaves...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Back when Ogrish still was one of the best places for gore (now its just a shitty site"reporting" various things of the such), they had that video pretty much the day it hit the airwaves...[/QUOTE]

What "guy" is Apossum talking about though?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']and yet Steve-O manages to stay alive, just doesnt really make sense[/QUOTE]

Same thing with drunk drivers they'll crash into a car kill women and children. But yet they walk away with a bruise.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Oh yeah. I have absolutely no interest in watching those videos.[/quote]

Well, I have a strong stomach for fucked up shit and am kind of a gore hound.

And Ikohn, I agree with you. Sad thing is is that Steve O will probably die an old man from natural causes. I wish he would at least become paralyzed. I honestly don't think that the Ringling Brothers clown school likes to consider him among their alumni anyhow...

[quote name='megaseadramon']Dude, thats fucked up.[/quote]

Well it was the first thing that popped up when I googled "american contractor beheading video". I mostly posted the link for the article...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Well it was the first thing that popped up when I googled "american contractor beheading video". I mostly posted the link for the article...[/QUOTE]
Im not blaming you for posting it, I just cant believe one human being could do that to another.

bread's done
Back