$1 PSP UMD Movies at Dollar Tree!!!

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!
Not really a DVD, Blu-ray or HD-DVD deal, so I guess I'll be putting it in this forum. Noticed Rent and Starship Troopers at my local store. Didn't look for long since I don't have a PSP.

Anyone know if these are flippable anywhere?

[quote name='Invicta 61']^ With your avatar I'm suprised you passed on The Matrix. Checked another local store and they had nothing. I'll be heading back to the other store shortly.[/QUOTE]

I was out of money and I don't think DG takes American Express. Give it a few days and try back I think some stores are still getting the stock. Might hit another one later today.

Hit my local store and they haven't gotten them yet. The guy knew what they were and told me I could just call and he will check for me.

methuen, ma has them, in the green bins on an end cap in front of the registers, some of the ones mentioned in this thread, but high numbers of multiples. If you've taken a peek in the store room, they get tons of boxes, so I don't know how long it takes to put them out.

got monty python and the holy grail and Nick and Nora's infinite playlist.

RENT is a musical. But it does have Rosario Dawson in it, so it might be worth a view.

Stopped by the store that had some yesterday, only ones left were three copies of "7 seconds". I asked the clerk if they were getting any more and he gave the standard "don't know, we get in all kinds of stuff" answer. Of course it was the same guy that sold them to me yesterday.

The display had Twizzlers, crappy DVDs and the UMDs. About the only thing left is a few Twizzlers and a shitload of DVDs. Hopefully they will replenish the stock soon.

Checked 3 DG stores in Dayton,ohio area, only 1 had the UMD movies. I got "Zathura" and "Spider-man 3". at the check out the clerk had no idea what they were, he tried handing them back to me like they didn't belong to the store. i told them what they were and i paid for them.
i thought it was pretty funny.

Found some in Lewisville but mostly crap titles (Hallow Man, Bewitched etc.) nothing worth even $1. Would love to find a District 9 so if anyone in DFW finds one holler at me.

Weird hoe my local DT got in tons of copies of certain movies (Rent, To Die For, HollowMan, Lords of Dogtown) yet got maybe 1-2 copies of other movies and none of others.

[quote name='buster90']Weird hoe my local DT got in tons of copies of certain movies (Rent, To Die For, HollowMan, Lords of Dogtown) yet got maybe 1-2 copies of other movies and none of others.[/QUOTE]

Damn weird hoes at Dollar Tree.

[quote name='yazman']I remember Hollow Man being a pretty crappy movie. Never did see RENT so don't know about that one.[/QUOTE]

I see a lot of Hollow Man bashing in this thread, and if it's the original (the one with Kevin Bacon) we're talking about, I don't think it's warranted. It's not the best movie ever, but I seem to remember that it was not bad. Kevin Bacon gets the power of invisibility, then does what a real scumbag would do with such powers. Watch ladies undress and become a full on rapist. I think it's on Netflix.

Hit another Dollar Tree and nothing. SO it seems only certain stores are getting em. I hit 5 stores total and only one finally got some in. Went back today for more and about half were gone from 2 days ago.

These are selling fast folks.

I bet some people buy these without knowing what they are simply because they look like the most expensive thing there.

Still no dice on replenishment, I was probably lucky to find what I did.

[quote name='Invicta 61']I bet some people buy these without knowing what they are simply because they look like the most expensive thing there.

Still no dice on replenishment, I was probably lucky to find what I did.[/QUOTE]

I don't think any stores are getting in more if they already got a shipment. Wish I knew which stores did and did not have them. I tried and called a store and the guy had no itea what I was talking about.

Ive been to five stores in various parts of upstate NY and come up empty handed. Has anyone in the Syracuse/Rochester/Buffalo area come across any? You can keep exact location to yourself, just looking for confirmation.

After searching at several DTs in my neck of the woods (SW Washington), I finally came across one that had several UMDs, and most were actually good! I picked up:

Charlie's Angels
House of Flying Daggers
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
Spider-Man
Spider-Man - The New Animated Series: The Mutant Menace
Steamboy
The Taking of Pelham 123
Year One

I left behind a couple that I wasn't interest in (Bewitched & the second Anaconda movie).

today I went back to DT in south Irving and I didn't find anything I want. There were two black women saw those remaining UMD movies (to die for, hollow man, bewitched, etc) and wipe them out. One said "just take them all.....". Wow

[quote name='junghu']today I went back to DT in south Irving and I didn't find anything I want. There were two black women saw those remaining UMD movies (to die for, hollow man, bewitched, etc) and wipe them out. One said "just take them all.....". Wow[/QUOTE]

yea same happened here they go grab them all and we can resell them on ebay for 10 each...

I ask them why would you buy something for a buck and resell them for 10 cents each :)

woman gives me this stupid ass look and goes I can sell them for 10 bucks each in a second .. LOL

dollar tree in fairview, nj had them, not much though

bewitched
7 seconds
hollow man
the gospel
the sweetest thing
rent
guess who
charlie's angels
walk hard

Every Dollar Tree gets different stuff. For whatever reason Dollar Trees get sent whatever the warehouse sends them. The one I work at hasn't received any and we get lots of random stuff. If it helps anyone looking, most of the time the company standard is to put dvds and one time shipments like that at the very front of the store. The employee's don't lie or try to horde or anything when they say they don't know. A lot of time managers don't know what comes in on the truck or even why it comes in.

[quote name='slidecage']yea same happened here they go grab them all and we can resell them on ebay for 10 each...

I ask them why would you buy something for a buck and resell them for 10 cents each :)

woman gives me this stupid ass look and goes I can sell them for 10 bucks each in a second .. LOL[/QUOTE]

There was a reason why it was being sold for a dollar in the first place. Lol.

Went back to the Rockwall, TX store and it was picked over. Onl 7 titles remain (Hollowman, Bewitched, Rent, 7 Seconds, Nick and Norah Playlist, Guess Who, and Steamboy). So in about 4 days it went from 25 different titles to 7.

I think a lot of people are confusing these with either DVDs or actual PSP games.

[quote name='buster90']Went back to the Rockwall, TX store and it was picked over. Onl 7 titles remain (Hollowman, Bewitched, Rent, 7 Seconds, Nick and Norah Playlist, Guess Who, and Steamboy). So in about 4 days it went from 25 different titles to 7.

I think a lot of people are confusing these with either DVDs or actual PSP games.[/QUOTE]

I think that's true. At the one store I found them in, the cashier was actually asking "You know these are for psp, right?"...and the second time I was in there, I saw two old people walking around with a couple saying "look...I got movies"...and they definitely didn't seem like psp owners.

Lol...just looked on ebay for a laugh, and there are like pages and pages of people trying to sell these Dollar Tree movies (separate or in groups) with almost no bids at all.

[quote name='kraftwerks']Ive been to five stores in various parts of upstate NY and come up empty handed. Has anyone in the Syracuse/Rochester/Buffalo area come across any? You can keep exact location to yourself, just looking for confirmation.[/QUOTE]

Yes so far I found 3 stores in Buffalo and MRE found 1 I think.

I checked like 12 overall. Never went out of my to check but after that many I couldnt even tell you the exact ones that had em.

[quote name='kraftwerks']Ive been to five stores in various parts of upstate NY and come up empty handed. Has anyone in the Syracuse/Rochester/Buffalo area come across any? You can keep exact location to yourself, just looking for confirmation.[/QUOTE]

I've checked 4 stores in the Buffalo southtowns, and the only store that had them was the Southgate Plaza store in West Seneca (and they had a limited selection...more so now that they've been picked through/ravaged).

I was finally able to find some at the one near the Galleria.
As i was checking out, a woman and two kids came in and started grabbing them all!
I am sure she will easily sell 20 each of copies of Rent and Bewitched for major profits!

I grabbed about 15 different ones, mostly because by and large they do seem slightly better than the average in-flight movie- I'll happily leave them sit there sealed until I have to go on another trip for work or road trip where I'm out of range of my wireless network or out of the country. (Rogers is NOT kind to when it comes to data rates for American Smartphones)

[quote name='kraftwerks']I was finally able to find some at the one near the Galleria.
As i was checking out, a woman and two kids came in and started grabbing them all!
I am sure she will easily sell 20 each of copies of Rent and Bewitched for major profits![/QUOTE]

Do you mean the one on Union? Hmm... I drove all the way up Union from West Seneca through like 15 mins of crazy construction delays and came up empty like a week ago. Guess maybe some stores are still getting them in.

[quote name='MR_E']Do you mean the one on Union? Hmm... I drove all the way up Union from West Seneca through like 15 mins of crazy construction delays and came up empty like a week ago. Guess maybe some stores are still getting them in.[/QUOTE]

You mean by the Galleria in Dallas? The construction on 635 is crazy glad someone checked that store cause I sure didn't.

[quote name='buster90']You mean by the Galleria in Dallas? The construction on 635 is crazy glad someone checked that store cause I sure didn't.[/QUOTE]

No, Galleria Mall near Buffalo, NY.

Found some on the north belt highway DT in St. Joseph, MO. I got: Rent, Spiderman the animated series, Across the Universe, Bewitched, and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. Left behind: Hollow Man, Steamboy, Cross/Over, Michael Jackson: This is it, Little Man, First Sunday, Guess Who, To Die For, 7 Seconds, and The International. (Would have got Steamboy but already have it on DVD)

Clifton, NJ store on Route 46 has a small tub of UMDs at one of the registers. Fairly picked over so don't expect much.

bread's done
Back