10/19 - 10/21 Extra 50% trade bonus @ Gamestop(no pre-orders needed)(limited stores)

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Looks like the pattern that will continue thru to yrs end will be b2g1, b2g1, 50% trade in, b2g1, 50% trade in, 50% trade in, b2g1 & so on. These are at stores near BestBuys but the way GS has their districts it doesn't always make sense a store that's closer to a BB may not get it & one 1-3 miles further will. Only way to know is call but once you know the store(s) these promo should be consistant.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enuf']confirmed
for the previous stores that had it before[/QUOTE]

Called my store that had it before. They said it starts saturday (tomorrow). Shouldn't it be active right now on Friday?

I trust a CAG thread title more than a GS employee. No offense to GS employees.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Lets just say that people better god damn pray that GS never goes out. Because the day they do, that's the day BB will stop the 'deals'. The moment Circuit City went out around here, BB started to suck BIG TIME. Hell, they still suck on most things compared to when CC was around. Its only been better recently because BB is trying to stay alive.[/QUOTE]

I miss Circuit City, they had the best price matching policy out of anyone. If you found a lower price they would match it and beat it by 10% of the difference. I mean if you know the price of a product is cheaper and they have it in stock at one store, why even goto another store and deal with the hassle of price matching the first store, hoping they approve it. At least Circuit City created an incentive to doing it.

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']b2g1 in my email said 14.99 or less[/QUOTE]This promo is at "limited stores" the email is for all stores I think. Stores near BB have the full b2g1.

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']b2g1 in my email said 14.99 or less[/QUOTE]Same here, but when I visited the listed store, signage was for B2G1 ANY used game.

[quote name='Enuf']This promo is at "limited stores" the email is for all stores I think. Stores near BB have the full b2g1.[/QUOTE]

The screenshot of the email for B2G1 free for games $14.99 or under that I posted (in another thread, evidently, unless my browser's messing up) specifically states it's for the Gamestop that's in front of a Best Buy here.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']The screenshot of the email for B2G1 free for games $14.99 or under that I posted (in another thread, evidently, unless my browser's messing up) specifically states it's for the Gamestop that's in front of a Best Buy here.[/QUOTE]call that GS to confirm if they're on the same cycle. There are some GS that are doing the 50% trade in now & will have the b2g1 next weekend.

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']b2g1 in my email said 14.99 or less[/QUOTE]
same here, but the closest store to me that's having this sale is about 40 min away :\

[quote name='joeyshadows']So these B2G1's and 50% extra deals are generally for gamestops that are located next to a Best Buy right?[/QUOTE]yes, but it's also done by district. So a store that's far(relatively speaking) may still get it since it's the closest to the BB. But there's no way to know w/o calling or seeing the signs even other GS stores told me they weren't doing b2g1 until I showed them receipt from the same day.

[quote name='Deader2818']So its limited? For whatever reason, no stores around me ever seem to run these limited promotions (South Jersey)[/QUOTE]Where are you at? I deliver in Princeton, E. Windsor, W. Windsor, Bordentown, Lawrenceville, Hamilton & Trenton. The only store that I know that's is doing it is the W. Windsor GS on Nassua Park Blvd. Even though the Quakerbridge mall is like 2 miles away they aren't doing these but at least it isn't that far to go for a return/rebuy.

[quote name='Enuf']the largest trade in bonus GS offers(60% for PUR members) is coming this weekend[/QUOTE]
So is the 60% trade in this weekend corporate wide or is it limited to select gamestops that they send out emails for? I hope it is not the latter because we never get b2g1free even though a couple of gamestops are near best buys.

[quote name='PublikDefender']So is the 60% trade in this weekend corporate wide or is it limited to select gamestops that they send out emails for? I hope it is not the latter because we never get b2g1free even though a couple of gamestops are near best buys.[/QUOTE]
It should only be the select stores. Don't totally rely on getting an email from a participating store. My closest store has had theses promos ever weekend, but I only get the email every other week. Call and bug them every Friday.

[quote name='Deader2818']If I do this at one store, and get store credit, could I use that store credit at another store?[/QUOTE]
As long as that other store is a GameStop, yes.

[quote name='klimb22']It should only be the select stores. Don't totally rely on getting an email from a participating store. My closest store has had theses promos ever weekend, but I only get the email every other week. Call and bug them every Friday.[/QUOTE]Yep, if you know the store(s) that are doing it they're BB competition stores so it will go on every weekend thru yrs end. Also, be sure to stack next weeks(or the week after) b2g1 w/20% off(30% PUR) steal of the week coupon.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330078&page=3

Quick question:
Right now you can trade in a Dualshock 3 for $27.50 so if I wait until Friday I can get $41.25 correct? Or do they lower the trade in prices during a deal like Best Buy did? Hopefully this doesn't sound too retarded I'm tired as hell lol

[quote name='Raiders4life']Quick question:
Right now you can trade in a Dualshock 3 for $27.50 so if I wait until Friday I can get $41.25 correct? Or do they lower the trade in prices during a deal like Best Buy did? Hopefully this doesn't sound too retarded I'm tired as hell lol[/QUOTE]B/C it's limited stores the TIV will most likely hold so $41.25

[quote name='dorkyden']whats the stacking order? say if I am buying 3x $40 games?[/QUOTE]B2G1 first for sure, I believe 10% PUR & finally 20%. I don't have the receipt from 6 weeks ago in front of me but I'll find it.

[quote name='Raiders4life']Quick question:
Right now you can trade in a Dualshock 3 for $27.50 so if I wait until Friday I can get $41.25 correct? Or do they lower the trade in prices during a deal like Best Buy did? Hopefully this doesn't sound too retarded I'm tired as hell lol[/QUOTE]
FYI, the TIV for Dualshock 3 went down to $24.75 last week.

Also, I thought the 50% bonus was just for games. Correct me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='Enuf']B/C it's limited stores the TIV will most likely hold so $41.25

B2G1 first for sure, I believe 10% PUR & finally 20%. I don't have the receipt from 6 weeks ago in front of me but I'll find it.[/QUOTE]

Neat going to see if mine has this deal :D

[quote name='klimb22']FYI, the TIV for Dualshock 3 went down to $24.75 last week.

Also, I thought the 50% bonus was just for games. Correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

Wow really? I just called last Thursday! :whistle2:#

[quote name='Raiders4life']Wow really? I just called last Thursday! :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
Yes, really. Must have changed on Friday. I bought 3 on the B2G1 and traded them right back in with the 30% promo. Only makes ~$18 now. Was a killer when the DS3s still traded in for $30 base.

I'm starting to worry if trading in the games on the list will give that special bonus value instead of the 50% at these stores. Like the special values on the list are hard coded to these games and no other promo can override it.

[quote name='klimb22']I'm starting to worry if trading in the games on the list will give that special bonus value instead of the 50% at these stores. Like the special values on the list are hard coded to these games and no other promo can override it.[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't. I got over $30 for a game on the 2 for $40 list last week because the computer overrode the 2 for $40 with the tiered deal as it was worth more that way.

[quote name='biledriver']It shouldn't. I got over $30 for a game on the 2 for $40 list last week because the computer overrode the 2 for $40 with the tiered deal as it was worth more that way.[/QUOTE]
That's kind of what I meant but it would work against us that way. I seen where last week folks had 2 games on the 2 for $40 but the special 50% was paid on the game on the PUR list and the other game still got the $20. If the PUR list knocks out all other promos then it would be worst than 50% for some games.

The computer will always give you the best deal possible. Whatever promos apply, the one that gives you the most for will be the one that applies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they going to send an email for this? I got an email in the past for a store near a Bestbuy doing B2G1.

[quote name='J7.']Are they going to send an email for this? I got an email in the past for a store near a Bestbuy doing B2G1.[/QUOTE]
Don't rely on getting an email. My GS has had a promo every weekend, but I only get emails every other weekend.

[quote name='klimb22']I'm starting to worry if trading in the games on the list will give that special bonus value instead of the 50% at these stores. Like the special values on the list are hard coded to these games and no other promo can override it.[/QUOTE]ask for the values & worse case trade in 1 game at a time from ones not on the list.

harrisonburg, va the GS directly beside the best buy is alternating weekends one weekend is b2g1 and then the next is 50% extra.

this weekend is 10-19 is a b2g1 at that store

they are also price matching best buy for once .

they price matched a tritton headset that was on sale on the bb site for me in store . saved me 35 $

I was told that some stores may not be in the same sequence b/c their store managers went b2g1 when BB was doing one vs 50% & that messed up the timing with everyone else. But now that you've got the store down it's a deal each weekend just work out what deal you want to get in on.

Any luck in Nashville? I called the Gamestop in Cool Springs that shares a parking lot with Best Buy and they are not running the promo, but I can pre-order Metal Gear Solid:Ground Zeroes.

[quote name='klimb22']Does this 50% bonus work on accessories too. Or is it just for game trade-ins?[/QUOTE]
Yes?, No?, Maybe so?

Just called 2 stores that have been running the promos and employees at both stores said there is nothing this weekend. No b2g1f and no 50% trade-in bonus. The first store I called I spoke with the manager and he specifically knew what promos I was referring to and said there was nothing.

[quote name='prayformojo']Any luck in Nashville? I called the Gamestop in Cool Springs that shares a parking lot with Best Buy and they are not running the promo, but I can pre-order Metal Gear Solid:Ground Zeroes.[/QUOTE]
I was hoping for something around Nashville also. If anyone has any luck please share.

bread's done
Back