10/19 - 10/21 Extra 50% trade bonus @ Gamestop(no pre-orders needed)(limited stores)

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Looks like the pattern that will continue thru to yrs end will be b2g1, b2g1, 50% trade in, b2g1, 50% trade in, 50% trade in, b2g1 & so on. These are at stores near BestBuys but the way GS has their districts it doesn't always make sense a store that's closer to a BB may not get it & one 1-3 miles further will. Only way to know is call but once you know the store(s) these promo should be consistant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Called 5 GS near 77083 and none are doing +50% TIV on games, but they all still do the double Hardware bonus (ps3 slim for $180). Going to trade in my slim for the 500gb AC3 bundle.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Well I think I am just going to do the trade 7 for 30% bonus before it expires.[/QUOTE]
There's no min value this time on that is there?

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Well I think I am just going to do the trade 7 for 30% bonus before it expires.[/QUOTE]
Thinking the same. Been holding on to a few games waiting for this to come back around, but looks like my store skipped it this weekend.

[quote name='mrclutch']There's no min value this time on that is there?[/QUOTE]
No. The minimum value is only valid on the 3/5/7 for $10/$20/$30 promo.

[quote name='klimb22']No. The minimum value is only valid on the 3/5/7 for $10/$20/$30 promo.[/QUOTE]

Great. I knew Conan would come in handy:)

[quote name='strawyleader997']I don't know why people like shopping at Gamestop. They don't PM prices, most of their new games have been opened, and they hardly ever have any good deals.[/QUOTE]
Gamestop is, no joke, a haven for older games that other stores either phase out or don't even have in the first place. Recently from Gamestop I was able to get Final Fantasy V for $4 and Monster Kingdom Jewel Summoner for $6. You can find gems if you look hard enough. And this is coming from someone who hates Gamestop for their bad business practices. Gutting games, lower then low TiVs, used games $5 less then new ones.

[quote name='strawyleader997']I don't know why people like shopping at Gamestop. They don't PM prices, most of their new games have been opened, and they hardly ever have any good deals.[/QUOTE]

Yea, their good deals are far and few between, although it seems like they have had better deals more often than before. When trading in games, their TIVs are sometimes a lot better than BBs, especially when it comes to PSP/PS2 games. They have decent deals when they clearance out CEs. I mainly buy their clearance CEs or their exclusive CEs when they drop in price.

I know it is poo poo to say it but I basically been doing business there because I can turn $100 of BBY credit into $160-180 right now. That is pretty much better than any sale some other store will have.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I know it is poo poo to say it but I basically been doing business there because I can turn $100 of BBY credit into $160-180 right now. That is pretty much better than any sale some other store will have.[/QUOTE]
I've been trading the cheap deals from BBY to GS (AFTER I play them) because the BBY value tanks after a sale. Otherwise flipping for credit really doesn't make sense to me. Their prices are higher, they don't pricematch and not preorder bonuses( like the 20 RZ bucks from BBY). Your 100 from BBY isn't getting you that 160 you think it is if you broke down how much more you pay at GS in general. Not hating on you. Just my take.

[quote name='mrclutch']I've been trading the cheap deals from BBY to GS (AFTER I play them) because the BBY value tanks after a sale. Otherwise flipping for credit really doesn't make sense to me. Their prices are higher, they don't pricematch and not preorder bonuses( like the 20 RZ bucks from BBY). Your 100 from BBY isn't getting you that 160 you think it is if you broke down how much more you pay at GS in general. Not hating on you. Just my take.[/QUOTE]

It does when I buy a new PS3 and 360. There is almost no difference in those prices. If we are talking games I never buy new releases from GS. All my new releases are at BBY because of the RZ certs (except Hitman since no one has a deal on it). As far as math is concerned getting $160 from $100 is 37.5% off new. If I buy used it is roughly 45% off. Add to the fact all my purchases with GS is tax free and I save another 5%.

The kicker is when you take $100 at BBY turn it to $160 at GS and then take that $160 at GS and turn it to $240 at BBY.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I've had my copies of Guitar Hero III and Sega Tennis for Xbox 360 rejected for the 2nd time now when trying to use them toward a tiered promo, such bullshit.[/QUOTE]

What was the reason? Low TIV? Should not be like that.

Come to think of it, does GS ever reject items on the grounds of "we have too many of those"? I know they can, but do they do it often?

[quote name='bjstucker']Heads up to anyone wantting to get rid of their Madden 12 do not take it to game stop:

:pS3: Madden 12
$2.00[/QUOTE]

BBY will most likely give you $8 on Sunday for it.

Best Buy is getting all of my money during these sales because:

There's no site that lists which GS's are participating. The GS emails I get list a store in CA and I live in IL. The GS employees never know what the F is going on and there's only like 2 crazy people ever working.

If they want my money, they can tell me where the sales are.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I've had my copies of Guitar Hero III and Sega Tennis for Xbox 360 rejected for the 2nd time now when trying to use them toward a tiered promo, such bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Call corporate.

[quote name='klimb22']Come to think of it, does GS ever reject items on the grounds of "we have too many of those"? I know they can, but do they do it often?[/QUOTE]

I've never had that occur and never seen anyone else have it happen. Not saying it doesn't though, they probably do in very rare circumstances or when you get a bad store/manager.

Yeah, he made it seem like they just don't take them anymore, which I knew was BS and questioned him on it a couple times, but regardless he insisted he wouldn't take them in. I knew they weren't worth much but also knew they should have qualified toward the tiered promo. Thanks for the replies sounds like I was right, gonna give them a call tomorrow.

Anyone know if the Downey, CA store is doing the bonus. They've been doing the b2g1 deals. I dont get any such emails about this, but maybe since I'm not that close to that store. Planning to call tomorrow and see.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Anyone know if the Downey, CA store is doing the bonus. They've been doing the b2g1 deals. I dont get any such emails about this, but maybe since I'm not that close to that store. Planning to call tomorrow and see.[/QUOTE]

That's the one I hit for these promos. Called today and they said no store-specific promo for this weekend. No B2G1 or extra 50% TIV. :cry:

Okay you heard that story once, I have never bought a new game that was opened. As a CAG I don't buy games unless it's cheaper than new. Try finding a huge selection of PS2 or any old 5 dollar games anywhere else. Gamestop has been taking trades long before anywhere else meaning they have older superior used selection. Additionally flips are a lot easier if you have two stores to trade into and buy from.
No to rage but if you don't like gamestop GTFO of a gamestop thread.

[quote name='esalw822']That's the one I hit for these promos. Called today and they said no store-specific promo for this weekend. No B2G1 or extra 50% TIV. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Just for that location or is this wide spread?

does anyone know how much is a refurb fee on a Slim PS3 (120 gb) ? It works good, it just doesn't take in the disc whiteout having to shove it in. Ejects fine. Was wondering if anyone knew because i keep seeing varying prices in this thread, like 180, or 135 trade values for PS3 slims. Do the size of the HDDs matter?

Id go in hoping they wouldn't check the disc drive, maybe just turn it on, but who knows. Wanted to ask here to see if anyone knew before I called tomorrow.

[quote name='Desousa93']Just for that location or is this wide spread?[/QUOTE]

These are store-specific promos so I'm certain they can only verify for their individual stores, however, all of these selected stores (i.e. stores next to a Best Buy) seem to be following the same pattern.

By the way, that quote was from last week. I haven't verified if there are any store-specific promos at this location for this upcoming weekend yet...

Not gonna hold my breath, because then I'd die waiting for Trollstop to give us a good deal, but we got anything this week?

bread's done
Back