10%-25% off 72 Pins "NEStalgic" Artwork

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]25214[/IMG-R]Friend of CAG, Ron Workman, has helped launch 72 Pins, an artistic combination of the games of today with the awesomeness of the 8-bit era. These are artist created items that use classic (and functioning) NES cartridges recycled as an art canvas.

Use coupon code CAGDEALS to get 10% off or order 4 or more carts and use CAGROCKS to get 25% off your entire order.

nes.gif
10%-25% off at 72 Pins

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yesokyesok']So they tore up a game to sell crappy hipster art?[/QUOTE]

People that throw around the term "hipster" just to describe something they don't like make me want to f'n vomit.

I like the idea and concept -- I already own some of my own original, gaming related "hipster art" though. Don't know how I would display something like this in my place, either...

[quote name='Hoarr']People that throw around the term "hipster" just to describe something they don't like make me want to f'n vomit.

I like the idea and concept -- I already own some of my own original, gaming related "hipster art" though. Don't know how I would display something like this in my place, either...[/QUOTE]

I laughed about the hipster comment myself. Those of you that know me probably laughed as well. I'm a slightly redneck asshole that happens to like gaming, video game art, and supporting artists. I have a network of blogs on Tumblr that exists to promote artists even.
As far as ruining games: Look, nobody was waiting in line to buy the shitty games we used. I refused to even use Mario games because someone, somewhere wants them even though there are millions sitting in warehouses being unused around the world. Its like being pissed if I dug up all of those buried ET landfill carts and used them. The irony is, I probably care more about real gaming than the asshole who made the comment. At least I am actively trying to do something cool in it rather than bitch and call people names.
PS: Is this the Hoarr I know from Tumblr? If so, you can vouch for what Im about Im sure.
PSS: I just somehow finally noticed the sig. Sorry. I'm an idiot.

If you are experiencing loses from throwing out unusable carts or from misapplication of stickers, it seems like it could make some sense to sell the stickers on their own. You would also save huge on shipping that way.

Seems like it would be cheaper to buy some cheapo NES games (a local mom/pop store has them in a $2.99 bin) and print out some custom artwork and glue them on.

[quote name='caltab']If you are experiencing loses from throwing out unusable carts or from misapplication of stickers, it seems like it could make some sense to sell the stickers on their own. You would also save huge on shipping that way.[/QUOTE]

I 100% want to do that and planned on it. It might sound silly but these aren't a random sticker. This shit is on there for life. It's a lot more like how touchy window tint is compared to a sticker on the bottom of a skateboard. So it is really easy to fuck up and ruin it So at the start we have to make them and get them out in the world and get buzz going. Over time Im really hoping our costs can go down to 15-16 retail per unit before any coupons even. In the first batch it wasn't possible. We already bought up 500 or so carts before we thought about selling stickers so we kind of have to take one step at a time. Hell, if you have a good idea or a way to help us out or promote the artists, I don't have an issue with sending you some of these vinyl stickers.

Why not sell the labels instead of the cartridge AND label...
I'd buy some for $4-5 a pop if they were just stickers you could apply yourself.

Considering it would save the cost of the cartridge and shipping AND the supposed cost of removing stickers/applying new ones as the creator mentioned (These carts are prob only worth $1 and shipping I'm guessing is over $2-3), probably would have been the better way to go.

The site is called Cheap Ass Gamer so trying to pimp these $20 cartridges with stickers isn't the best idea around here anyway.

Edit: Notice some others came to this conclusion :booty:

[quote name='RonWorkman']I laughed about the hipster comment myself. Those of you that know me probably laughed as well. I'm a slightly redneck asshole that happens to like gaming, video game art, and supporting artists. I have a network of blogs on Tumblr that exists to promote artists even.
As far as ruining games: Look, nobody was waiting in line to buy the shitty games we used. I refused to even use Mario games because someone, somewhere wants them even though there are millions sitting in warehouses being unused around the world. Its like being pissed if I dug up all of those buried ET landfill carts and used them. The irony is, I probably care more about real gaming than the asshole who made the comment. At least I am actively trying to do something cool in it rather than bitch and call people names.
PS: Is this the Hoarr I know from Tumblr? If so, you can vouch for what Im about Im sure.[/QUOTE]

The one and the same -- I will vouch for you. Ron Workman is insanely dedicated to gaming, artists, and geek culture. I say this based on my own perception of what I've seen the guy do in the past couple of years not because I enjoy swinging off the nutsacks of D-List Internet celebrities.

From me personally to you: Midnight (EST) CAG super cheap ass CAGs deal.
MFNKPR = $10 off any 2 carts. Next 10 people get it.

Our Twitter is currently running Buy any 2 carts and receive 50% off Okami. Starts at midnight, Saturday 10/1. Enter code 6A9SC8 as well.
@Hoarr - You say "D-List' I think your 'F' key is mixed up with the 'D'

xGunCrazyx; The site is called Cheap Ass Gamer so trying to pimp these $20 cartridges with stickers isn't the best idea around here anyway. Edit: Notice some others came to this conclusion :booty:[/QUOTE said:
Its funny. At no point has there been a 20 dollar deal ever on CAG. It isnt regular ass price gamers. This is why Im posting deals. This is why the front post post has DEALS. Sorry if it sounds odd. Im giving out coupons and doing what I can, and everyone keeps talking about a price that just isnt true for CAG people. If you pay 20 bucks, it means you cant figure out how to type in the code. Only on cag is 25% off of anything still not a deal. Im trying people I swear. I have money in this thing and artist/staff have to be paid.
Do you gripe about Amazon deals and use the retail price"? I wanted to do this with CAG because I want real gamers who give a shit to own these and not hipsters with disposable cash buying something because its cool. I dont want that money. Understand now?

Excuse me, you are trying to pimp $17-19 cartridges with stickers.
Same point really, you are just letting us save a dollar or so

Edit: $15 per cartridge with the new deal or is it $10 each if you buy 2? (Now that would be a "deal")

Still don't understand the point of not selling them as stickers though, you would make more money and we would save a lot more money :whistle2:s

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Excuse me, you are trying to pimp $17-19 cartridges with stickers.

Edit: $15 per cartridge with the new deal or is it $10 each if you buy 2? (Now that would be a "deal")

Still don't understand the point of not selling them as stickers though, you would make more money and we would save a lot more money :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Because that entirely ruins the collectors aspect of it. Maybe selling to cheapassgamer is the wrong scene. You should be selling to the art collector community.

My advice, e-mail omgposters.com and see if they will publish an entry on your art, even more enticing if you e-mail them with the sale codes you're offering here. You would probably fair much better there.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Excuse me, you are trying to pimp $17-19 cartridges with stickers.

Still don't understand the point of not selling them as stickers though, you would make more money and we would save a lot more money :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

I agree. We have carts with labels on them already that cost a ton to make. Do you suggest on day one we throw those out? Come on. its 15-18 bucks for CAG's + whatever bonus deals our PR person says I can use tonight which I have. It isn't all me sitting on a stack of carts I made. I have other people involved. In the future, I clearly as stated, would like to sell stickers. Understand that not everyone is you and they dont care about making things themselves. I have to appeal to the majority to some degree. The carts are selling just fine. Which is a huge relief because I put a lot of money into this. Originally I was hoping that if I made half of it back and got to help some artists out I'd be happy. Now your asking me to say screw that. The more these sell the faster I can do the things you are talking about. I'm not dumb. I agree with your point. This is day one. Please just give it some time.

Almost check out with Okami and Katamari, but even at $36.45 I just couldn't do it (yet).

Price aside, this is a really cool idea. The art is great, and the idea is unique enough. I'd love to have a few of these on display and I understand the costs associated with a project like this, but.. not yet.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Because that entirely ruins the collectors aspect of it. Maybe selling to cheapassgamer is the wrong scene. You should be selling to the art collector community.

My advice, e-mail omgposters.com and see if they will publish an entry on your art, even more enticing if you e-mail them with the sale codes you're offering here. You would probably fair much better there.[/QUOTE]

There are 20 to maybe 45 of each design. They are kind of exclusive. We didnt publish the numbers because I dont want assholes putting them on ebay based on rarity. What we are doing isnt about that. Also, I get what you are saying. Im just not to do that even though it probably would make far more money. I like the idea of a random gamer owning one and a friend stopping by and saying 'man thats pretty damn cool' far more than seeing them in a gallery.

Honestly, I don't like the attitude this guy is having towards people discussing the product. It sounds like he's trying to "do us a service" by making these. Even if I wanted to pay $20 after shipping for these, I probably wouldn't at this point. I can understand art, I can understand supporting local products and new ideas, as I do all of those things for a living. But getting defensive and saying "you guys just don't get it" is pretty obnoxious.

About the $1 comment, I was talking about the cartridges themselves, not the art or stickers... although I can't imagine that costs more than a couple more even with nice quality. And if you have to eat costs because of bad cartridges you order or stickers that were incorrectly placed, that just sounds like your problem you need to figure out, not a problem the consumer is supposed to feel sorry about and feel okay with paying a higher price for.

[quote name='Distrato']Ron Workman is a pimp.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. You spelled "Asshole" wrong. Im just here to take you money. By helping you to spend less of it, I somehow get richer.
Step 1: Steal Underwear
Step 2:
Step 3: Get rich by trying to openly make less money and listening to peoples ideas on how to do this better and agreeing with them.

I know everyone is busting balls a bit. Just know Im trying and Im listening. Attempt to understand my side. I promise we can sell these full price. Most carts are already almost out. Less money but cooler people that appreciate the art means far more to me.

[quote name='RonWorkman']I agree. We have carts with labels on them already that cost a ton to make. Do you suggest on day one we throw those out? Come on. its 15-18 bucks for CAG's + whatever bonus deals our PR person says I can use tonight which I have. It isn't all me sitting on a stack of carts I made. I have other people involved. In the future, I clearly as stated, would like to sell stickers. Understand that not everyone is you and they dont care about making things themselves. I have to appeal to the majority to some degree. The carts are selling just fine. Which is a huge relief because I put a lot of money into this. Originally I was hoping that if I made half of it back and got to help some artists out I'd be happy. Now your asking me to say screw that. The more these sell the faster I can do the things you are talking about. I'm not dumb. I agree with your point. This is day one. Please just give it some time.[/QUOTE]

I never called you dumb and I'm not really trying to demand anything of you. It's a free country and if people want to buy the carts that is great news for you. I actually think they are a pretty sweet idea and will keep an eye out on your site for if/when you do decide to sell them as stickers.

All I'm saying is that it was a weird decision on your part. If I were in your position I probably would have thought about it a little more and would not have gambled with investing so much money/time into doing the cartridges yourself. If you had just gone with going the sticker route, it probably wouldn't have been such a gamble.

Anyway, cool idea but I don't see how the value equates to what you are asking even after the sale price. Just my opinion, if others feel it meets that value that is great.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Honestly, I don't like the attitude this guy is having towards people discussing the product. It sounds like he's trying to "do us a service" by making these. Even if I wanted to pay $20 after shipping for these, I probably wouldn't at this point. I can understand art, I can understand supporting local products and new ideas, as I do all of those things for a living. But getting defensive and saying "you guys just don't get it" is pretty obnoxious.

About the $1 comment, I was talking about the cartridges themselves, not the art or stickers... although I can't imagine that costs more than a couple more even with nice quality. And if you have to eat costs because of bad cartridges you order or stickers that were incorrectly placed, that just sounds like your problem you need to figure out, not a problem the consumer is supposed to feel sorry about and feel okay with paying a higher price for.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if Im coming off like that. I swear that isnt what Im saying. A lot of context doesnt carry in forums Im sure you understand. Im not saying you dont get it as much as Im saying please attempt to put it into a realistic perspective. 6 months ago when we started I honestly though making these for 5 bucks a cart would be easy. I was wrong. You could technically by lowering quality but that wasn't what we wanted.
Seriously sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way. Im trying to get feedback and explain things as good as I can even if I am failing. An asshole would have simply left. I want to understand how and why you feel like you do so that I can do better.
Carts average about 2-2.50 each in any kind of bulk. Im not talking about shopping around for deals buying 20 carts at a time. We buy from DK oldies. Look at the prices they have. That is what we pay. When you add in the bad carts it bumps that up a bit. We order online and compaines just dont care about the look of a 25 year old NES game. They only care if it works. So they dont take returns on crappy carts.

No offence but as long as your not mondotees or a small handful of the popular artists you don't need to worry about ebay flippers, certainly not as you are just starting your business and unknown

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']I never called you dumb and I'm not really trying to demand anything of you. It's a free country and if people want to buy the carts that is great news for you. I actually think they are a pretty sweet idea and will keep an eye out on your site for if/when you do decide to sell them as stickers.

All I'm saying is that it was a weird decision on your part. If I were in your position I probably would have thought about it a little more and would not have gambled with investing so much money/time into doing the cartridges yourself. If you had just gone with going the sticker route, it probably wouldn't have been such a gamble.

Anyway, cool idea but I don't see how the value equates to what you are asking even after the sale price. Just my opinion, if others feel it meets that value that is great.[/QUOTE]

Totally totally understand. We set out to make carts not stickers. It wasn't about money or ease of shipping. After a bit we realized that we could likely save a shitload of time and work by selling the stickers direct. We do plan on it. Your idea is a good one. Just not for day one. Thanks btw for the feedback and Im glad you didnt think I was trying to be Mr. Internet debate. It's a forum. People assume people are out to call names and start shit. Im not and its pretty clear you arent either. if you order a cart send me a private message on here with your info and Id be happy to throw some extra stickers in for you. Seriously.

My honest feedback is that when I first checked the site, I loved the art. Then when I realized you were using real carts it was a bit of a turnoff. In a way it feels like you are sacrificing something that was art in its own right for your own purposes.

I won't be buying because I have no way of displaying it, but I look forward to your future projects. As a lover of classic gaming, I would have to respectfully request that you not sacrifice originals, but thats just me.

[quote name='RonWorkman']Totally totally understand. We set out to make carts not stickers. It wasn't about money or ease of shipping. After a bit we realized that we could likely save a shitload of time and work by selling the stickers direct. We do plan on it. Your idea is a good one. Just not for day one. Thanks btw for the feedback and Im glad you didnt think I was trying to be Mr. Internet debate. It's a forum. People assume people are out to call names and start shit. Im not and its pretty clear you arent either. if you order a cart send me a private message on here with your info and Id be happy to throw some extra stickers in for you. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

I'd take you up on the offer, but I'm afraid I'm broke right now.
If these aren't completely limited (would be cool if you did reprints, but I understand some sites feel the limited nature increases their value) and you offer them as stickers, I will probably end up ordering just about all of them in the future.

These would be awesome on a shelf and I could justify the much reduced costs buying as stickers would allow for.

If you haven't done so already, you might want to tip Kotaku/Joystiq/etc with the link to your site as well so that you can make sure that the project won't make you take a loss.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']My honest feedback is that when I first checked the site, I loved the art. Then when I realized you were using real carts it was a bit of a turnoff. In a way it feels like you are sacrificing something that was art in its own right for your own purposes. [/QUOTE]

I'm not understanding this argument either. I believe the site says that the games are still in working condition, so it's not like he's destroying any games in the process.

Removing the sticker doesn't seem like an issue as I'm guessing a lot of the cartridges he gets to do these with have crappy condition stickers on them anyway. Even if they were in fair enough condition, they will only get worse over time anyway.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']My honest feedback is that when I first checked the site, I loved the art. Then when I realized you were using real carts it was a bit of a turnoff. In a way it feels like you are sacrificing something that was art in its own right for your own purposes.

I won't be buying because I have no way of displaying it, but I look forward to your future projects. As a lover of classic gaming, I would have to respectfully request that you not sacrifice originals, but thats just me.[/QUOTE]

Originally the idea was to frame them. It makes them cost so much per unit that it would kick out so many consumers that we just stayed away from it. As far as the carts go, we only buy carts that have massive numbers behind them. We are talking about a few hundred of the most common carts ever made. The were millions of some of these games. We also made sure that we didnt completely buyout any one cart from the retailer to make sure that if a kid really did want one of these to play, they could still grab one. I'd say we probably have the same ideas about these carts. I've seen the numbers. For example, dk oldies alone has around 9000 original Zelda carts in stock in the main warehouse only. I bought 8 to make cheapys CAG award carts.
PS: All of the games still work and yes, most 25 year old labels on them arent exactly mint.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']I'd take you up on the offer, but I'm afraid I'm broke right now.
If these aren't completely limited (would be cool if you did reprints, but I understand some sites feel the limited nature increases their value) and you offer them as stickers, I will probably end up ordering just about all of them in the future.

These would be awesome on a shelf and I could justify the much reduced costs buying as stickers would allow for.

If you haven't done so already, you might want to tip Kotaku/Joystiq/etc with the link to your site as well so that you can make sure that the project won't make you take a loss.[/QUOTE]

Private message me your info and I'll send you some for free simply for giving me some honest insight and feedback. As long as you dont live in some bullshit place that charges an arm and a leg for shipping that is.

[quote name='RonWorkman']Originally the idea was to frame them. It makes them cost so much per unit that it would kick out so many consumers that we just stayed away from it. As far as the carts go, we only buy carts that have massive numbers behind them. We are talking about a few hundred of the most common carts ever made. The were millions of some of these games. We also made sure that we didnt completely buyout any one cart from the retailer to make sure that if a kid really did want one of these to play, they could still grab one. I'd say we probably have the same ideas about these carts. I've seen the numbers. For example, dk oldies alone has around 9000 original Zelda carts in stock in the main warehouse only. I bought 8 to make cheapys CAG award carts.
PS: All of the games still work and yes, most 25 year old labels on them arent exactly mint.[/QUOTE]

For some reason your name reminds me of

http://youtu.be/UQ7dUlRUJIM

I think this is a pretty cool idea, and something that interests me for gaming swag collection. People are hating on it, but seem to lack the understanding that its just a cool art idea using NES cartridges as a canvas. Price might feel a little high, but you aren't obligated to buy. Its not like its being spammed in everyone's faces and Ron has been pretty respectible standing up for the work.

I'd love to see some 8-bit posters for new age games as well, as others have also eluded too.

Overall cleaver idea, and hope it pans out for Ron and those involved.

The problem with the art for me is that it isn't really sprite based NES art. Its just pixelized graphics. If they actually make sprites of the new franchise characters and made them look like actual NES games, I think the impact of these would be a lot better.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/36/Gyromite_front.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f3/P_NES.PNG

http://media.ign.com/games/image/object/489/489907/10-Yard-Fight_NES_USboxart_160w.jpg

Simple layouts like those, not what they made.

[quote name='rawrker']I think this is a pretty cool idea, and something that interests me for gaming swag collection. People are hating on it, but seem to lack the understanding that its just a cool art idea using NES cartridges as a canvas. Price might feel a little high, but you aren't obligated to buy. Its not like its being spammed in everyone's faces and Ron has been pretty respectible standing up for the work.

I'd love to see some 8-bit posters for new age games as well, as others have also eluded too.

Overall cleaver idea, and hope it pans out for Ron and those involved.[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said. I want the price to be less as well. Give us some time and we should be able to do it. I have to answer to a team of people and provide something for the artists that worked hard to create these. No cart was a one shot deal. Some took 5, 6, 7 tries to get it right. Now that we have an order history and relationship with the printer we should be able to get cheaper stickers and maybe find a cheaper way to get quality carts. I found a company yesterday that makes brand new case shells. Even though they cost more than a 2 or 3 dollar original cart, every one will be mint (no bad carts) and we save a ton of time and energy cleaning and destickering them. All in all, it should be cheaper.
This launched not even 12 hours ago. As long as you know I want to make it better and cheaper, I think we are making progress.

[quote name='Gosha']The problem with the art for me is that it isn't really sprite based NES art. Its just pixelized graphics. If they actually make sprites of the new franchise characters and made them look like actual NES games, I think the impact of these would be a lot better.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/36/Gyromite_front.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f3/P_NES.PNG

http://media.ign.com/games/image/object/489/489907/10-Yard-Fight_NES_USboxart_160w.jpg

Simple layouts like those, not what they made.[/QUOTE]

Not true. These are 100% pixel art created from scratch by artists. They aren't some Photoshop trick. Some were based off of photos we found though. The first sample carts were true 8-bit with a perfect NES color palette. They just didn't look great. 8-bit art doesn't have the depth to recreate these things. Imagine what the GoW cart looks like in true 8-bit. Its like Terrance and Phillip looking stuff. I know I saw it. We mainly stuck to the color palette though only bending slightly to create just a hair more shadow depth. Without these things, Halo and Killzone would look the same. One with a little more grey than the other. It really just didnt work. Art is the primary focus.

Funny as I almost worked for DK Oldies a while back, they're not too far from where I live.

Sorry if we're busting your balls a bit, I understand this is your venture and you're sensitive about it, and I appreciate you listening to us.

I think everyone here appreciates the idea, and it really is a great one... it's just the execution that turns a lot of people off. From the reuse of actual (random) games, to the pixelated art, to the weirdness of having an Xbox game on a Nintendo cartridge which contains a baseball game, and, of course, the price (we're cheap, after all).

Personally, if these were just posters or t-shirts, I probably would've bought one in a second.

I really can't afford one atm, but it's a cool idea. And if you happen to read this, tell whoever did the Bioshock cart he's a genius. I've done a bit of Bioshock based pixel art and have never for the life of me been able to get a Big Daddy looking anywhere near right.

I'd also feel better about it using new empty shells as oppose to real carts. I can see using a trashed Mario/Duck hunt, since it's literally valueless, but even the most common games are in limited supply to some extent.

[quote name='aptanor']I really can't afford one atm, but it's a cool idea. And if you happen to read this, tell whoever did the Bioshock cart he's a genius. I've done a bit of Bioshock based pixel art and have never for the life of me been able to get a Big Daddy looking anywhere near right.[/QUOTE]

The artist on Bioshock was Pauline Acalin. She made 6 of our 8 launch carts actually. On the 72pins site, right side you can view carts by artist. Pauline was the first artist we had which is why she has so many launch titles.
Her tumblr is pacalin.com if you want to check out more of her stuff.

Thanks for the link. I'd actually attempted a demake of Bioshock, but such a project would be massive. Didn't get far past the engine, and it was a mess by the time I even got that far, needless to say.

[quote name='aptanor']Thanks for the link. I'd actually attempted a demake of Bioshock, but such a project would be massive. Didn't get far past the engine, and it was a mess by the time I even got that far, needless to say.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, there were many draft big daddys/variations before we got to the final design. I think it might have been one of the toughest.

I think if all the sprites I finished, the Big Daddy was the only one I was never happy with, no matter how many times I redid it. It just never looked "right". Too short, too skinny, not threatening, head too big, etc, etc.. always something missing.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']I'm not understanding this argument either. I believe the site says that the games are still in working condition, so it's not like he's destroying any games in the process.

Removing the sticker doesn't seem like an issue as I'm guessing a lot of the cartridges he gets to do these with have crappy condition stickers on them anyway. Even if they were in fair enough condition, they will only get worse over time anyway.[/QUOTE]

I got the impression from his earlier comment about not being able to use several of the carts because they were poor quality that the carts they are using may still have decent art. If that was the case, my issue was that they are removing someone else's art to make room for their own. While the original art on s Contra, Castlevania or Mega Man may be no Brunelleschi, I still think its worth saving.

But as I said, its only my opinion. If they are using cartridges that have already lost their art or something similar, thats cool. You are right, at least they are saving the games themselves.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I got the impression from his earlier comment about not being able to use several of the carts because they were poor quality that the carts they are using may still have decent art. If that was the case, my issue was that they are removing someone else's art to make room for their own. While the original art on s Contra, Castlevania or Mega Man may be no Brunelleschi, I still think its worth saving.

But as I said, its only my opinion. If they are using cartridges that have already lost their art or something similar, thats cool. You are right, at least they are saving the games themselves.[/QUOTE]

And we would be insane to remove those awesome games (worth mentioning that all of those cost 20-30 bucks or more used) from the world.
Think of things like John Elways Football, Win, Lose or Draw and the like. I can't really think of anything at all in bulk that we used that wasn't a tacky photo image from a game that nobody wants used.

Ron, I am a art collector and a Retro game collector. This is a cool idea. love the fact you get good art work but a random game to do boot.

I have some games with ripped up labels that are make the cart look like trash. In the near future would there ever be a chance for commissions to get new art on said cart. Like for instance if the label on my double dragon cart is all messed up, could I commission you or anyone under your stable for a custom lablel for double dragon?

just a thought because i would think it would be cool to replace some carts with messed up labels with custom work.

[quote name='yesokyesok']So they tore up a game to sell crappy hipster art?[/QUOTE]

That's what im thinking. $20.00 for an empty cart with custom 8-bit art? Kinda stupid.

I , for one, know what it's like to have all or nearly all of your funds tied up in an idea. I especially get a little perturbed when people seem to be all over another person for making money after they have come up with an idea and ran with it.

As I breezed through the thread, I saw a negative comment someone had made about you seeming as if you were doing them a service by making these. Strangely enough though, that's exactly what you have done!

Anyway, I'm sure it's not very helpful, but I certainly support you having a good idea and going forward with it. I believe that many people don't realize how stressful it is to have so much time and energy invested in a project that, in some cases, is really make or break. I do, and I support you fully!

If things work out for me money-wise after the new year, I will check back to see if you still have the Halo design available. It's pretty sweet IMHO.

[quote name='jdangerc']That's what im thinking. $20.00 for an empty cart with custom 8-bit art? Kinda stupid.[/QUOTE]

One of the first things I learned from running a website is that many people either refuse to, or have no interest in reading. Better get used to it, Ron. This is why I put as little text as possible into any deal post I make. Also, bold red font is your friend.
[quote name='72pins website']
Inside you will find a random vintage game from the original NES lineup that still works! [/quote]

yes but cheapy, as stated earlier the classic games that still work are well crap games, just crap carts that they bought of bulk on eBay im sure, and if i bought one and it was another copy of Mario brothers, id rather the cart be empty......

As this is more of a collector's item, I'd like to suggest that you have the artist sign, and possibly numbered each cart. I think that would make people feel like they're getting something more unique. Perhaps even some sort of unique artwork done with a marker on each.

bread's done
Back