10%-30% Off Select Titles + $10 Coupon at GameStop.com - 5/24 new games & price drops

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]14809[/IMG-R]Save 10%-30% off select titles and get a $10 coupon towards future purchases. Spend $100+ and use coupon code 25DEAL to get an additional 25% off. Online only.

Highlights include:
:360::ps3: Super Street Figher IV $29.99
:ps3: God of War III $44.99
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii $34.99
:wii: Wario Land: Shake It $16.99
:ds: Glory of Heracles $12.99

icongs_r1.gif
All discounted titles with $10 coupon

Edit: Some people have had success using coupon code "2D15" to get 15% off and free shipping on a single item. Also, thanks for the clean-up, Cheapy!

Edit 2: Used games do qualify for the $10 coupon.

Last edited by a moderator:
so.. i can essentially get Glory of Heracles NEW for $0.99 (or even make money with another title and 15deal)? then trade in to Amazon for $5?

seems too good to be true. i'm wary.

[quote name='nddave']Wow this Game Crazy going Out of business must really be affecting GameStop[/QUOTE]

That... makes no sense. Less competition leads to higher prices, not lower ones. I doubt GameCrazy sold many games anyway (hence the going out of business thing). GameStop mostly competes with Wal-Mart and maybe Amazon.

When does this deal end? Trying to see if I can buy some stuff this weekend if this deal is still going on. Does this also stack with the Edge Card?

CRAZY! I think I'm going to use my previous coupons to buy Halo ODST and....NOOOOO! I was going to get 3D Dot Game Heroes, but it's out of stock.

Both of those seem worth trying for $20 though. Dang.

Halo will be my first stab at one since the original...don't know if I'll like it, but for the price I just sort of want to try it.

Does Amazon match these deals?

Amazon just took off the $10 credit attached to NSMB...

Amazon, you are SUCK!... temporarily.

Okay so I just bought SSFIV Used (Xbox 360) last night- what are my options for trying to get this $10 coupon now?

I used SAVER and CAG16 which brought the total down to $20.99. Is it best to cancel the order and reorder? Request a coupon?

Any advice would be helpful- thanks!

Any1 that took advantage of the B2G1 glitch that results it being B1G1 get their codes yet? I have not, and was billed on my card the 20th and 21st.

I used my $20 coupon from Super Mario Galaxy 2 and this sale to get a used copy of Super Street Fighter IV (360) for $2.64 shipped! FYI, coupon SAVER applied even though it was 1 cent less then $25 (before coupon and EDGE), so it doesn't have to be exactly $25 to qualify for that coupon.

EDIT: if it's not complete I'm going to exchange it in-store. Actually, I might just return it outright. I'm not that big into fighters. I do want to try it out, but I'm expecting that I'm not going to be able to get into it, so it will end up returned and a means to turn the $20 coupon into Edge credit. Plus I get another $10 coupon. Yeah!

[quote name='crunchewy']I used my $20 coupon from Super Mario Galaxy 2 and this sale to get a used copy of Super Street Fighter IV (360) for $2.64 shipped! FYI, coupon SAVER applied even though it was 1 cent less then $25 (before coupon and EDGE), so it doesn't have to be exactly $25 to qualify for that coupon.

EDIT: if it's not complete I'm going to exchange it in-store. Actually, I might just return it outright. I'm not that big into fighters. I do want to try it out, but I'm expecting that I'm not going to be able to get into it, so it will end up returned and a means to turn the $20 coupon into Edge credit. Plus I get another $10 coupon. Yeah![/QUOTE]

That's not going to work. Ignoring any moral/legal questions, your packing slip displays only the post-coupon price for the items and that is all you will receive if/when you return it. In your case, you'd get $2.64 for returning it... ;) Obviously the trade in value would be higher...

[quote name='wampa8jedi']That's not going to work. Ignoring any moral/legal questions, your packing slip displays only the post-coupon price for the items and that is all you will receive if/when you return it. In your case, you'd get $2.64 for returning it... ;) Obviously the trade in value would be higher...[/QUOTE]

awwww you shoulda just let him go to the store and find that out.

Hmm. I was thinking of it as a $20 gift card, but you are right. Oh well. Guess I'll be playing SSFIV. ;)

I will exchange for a complete copy, though. They do that unless that has changed....

[quote name='Master_System']Okay so I just bought SSFIV Used (Xbox 360) last night- what are my options for trying to get this $10 coupon now?

I used SAVER and CAG16 which brought the total down to $20.99. Is it best to cancel the order and reorder? Request a coupon?

Any advice would be helpful- thanks![/QUOTE]

Just email them and ask. I did the same with Wario Land(dropped from 16.99 to 11.99 and they replied with a $4 refund and a $10 credit). I only actually asked them for one or the other.

lol. Got glory of heracles when it was 12.99. I used a 10 dollar coupon so with shipping it was 6 bux and some change. I contacted them about the price drop and they refunded me 2.99, so they actually gave me the game for free and just charged me shipping. Oh, and I also got another $10 off coupon.:lol:

[quote name='crunchewy']Hmm. I was thinking of it as a $20 gift card, but you are right. Oh well. Guess I'll be playing SSFIV. ;)

I will exchange for a complete copy, though. They do that unless that has changed....[/QUOTE]

I'm confused at what those guys were saying. I thought you meant you would "trade in" your game(even tho you said return), hence the $20 value.(which should actually be $26 right now with 30% bonus)

Why wouldn't that work? Gamestop doesn't check to make sure you didn't buy the game from them before they take a trade.

edit: now that i reread i can see how its confusing. i think return = no, trade in = yes. either way you should get some decent credit for it.

[quote name='crunchewy']Hmm. I was thinking of it as a $20 gift card, but you are right. Oh well. Guess I'll be playing SSFIV. ;)

I will exchange for a complete copy, though. They do that unless that has changed....[/QUOTE]

It's YMMV, though most stores are still okay with it.

A while back all their newer used games said it would come with case and manual. Now, none of them say it. Guess that didn't last long.

[quote name='atomsk57']Does Amazon match these deals?

[/QUOTE]

I just got an email back from Amazon and they said they wouldn't match these deals

[quote name='Samurai_X-51']what's the turnaround on getting your $10 coupon? if i order one game, can i get the coupon quickly enough to use it on another game today?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. I doubt the order could even ship today. It was fast, but I think it took two days to get them. Though is there some reason you need to order the other game today?

[quote name='smoger']Just email them and ask. I did the same with Wario Land(dropped from 16.99 to 11.99 and they replied with a $4 refund and a $10 credit). I only actually asked them for one or the other.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply, I will do this for sure.
Which email is it?

Is it still cool to hate on gamestop?

CRAP - I want 3D Dot Heroes, but it's currently not available online :whistle2:(

For $30 + $10 off a future purchase, it's a no-brainer for me. I wish Amazon would match!

[quote name='Wolfpup']I doubt it. I doubt the order could even ship today. It was fast, but I think it took two days to get them. Though is there some reason you need to order the other game today?[/QUOTE]

Thanks. No, just uncertain how long these deals will be up. Rather than order two things and get $20 for the future, I'd rather be able to use $10 of that ahead of time. No big deal.

[quote name='illennium']That... makes no sense. Less competition leads to higher prices, not lower ones. I doubt GameCrazy sold many games anyway (hence the going out of business thing). GameStop mostly competes with Wal-Mart and maybe Amazon.[/QUOTE]

This... makes no sense. Dude the last 10 games i bought have been from Game Crazy 20-50% off. My brothers last 10-12 games he bought has been from Game Crazy 20-50% off. The last system i bought was from Game Crazy 20% off. My brothers last 3 systems have been from Game Crazy 20% off. Catch my drift.

[quote name='Samurai_X-51']what's the turnaround on getting your $10 coupon? if i order one game, can i get the coupon quickly enough to use it on another game today?[/QUOTE]

My copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2 shipped yesterday and I got the $20 coupon code today. Presumably it will be similar for these deals. I'll find out soon enough.

[quote name='nddave']This... makes no sense. Dude the last 10 games i bought have been from Game Crazy 20-50% off. My brothers last 10-12 games he bought has been from Game Crazy 20-50% off. The last system i bought was from Game Crazy 20% off. My brothers last 3 systems have been from Game Crazy 20% off. Catch my drift.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's great, but the video game industry is a lot bigger than you and your brother. I'm not even sure I've ever seen a Game Crazy, and I've lived in several states recently. They just haven't been a big competitor in the market, as evidenced by the fact that they are apparently going out of business. Here are the top video game retailers in the country (in 2008, though the numbers are likely similar now):

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=61775

SSFIV 360 trades in at amazon for $25. Hopefully my used copy comes complete or I can exchange it in-store for a complete copy. If so, I may just end up doing that and I'll make a slight profit in the deal. I put in my trade-in. I'm also going to see what the trade-in value is at gamestop. Might just trade it in there and save me trouble, at least if the value is close $20 after 30% bonus.

I got my SMG2 $20 coupon today, but not my AC2 $10 code. Both games shipped yesterday, but separately.

[quote name='sadunk']A while back all their newer used games said it would come with case and manual. Now, none of them say it. Guess that didn't last long.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too... They made such a big deal about it (there was even a contest!), but it seems to have silently gone away. I can't find a single game that claims that it will include an instruction manual and box. =(

Beautiful, called in to get my 20$ coupon taken of my order and it was done without any complaints. I think the coupon is still good too as he didn't ask for it. I wonder what else I can buy using it.

too bad they lie right to your face over the phone and say items are shipping when they dont even have them in stock...

Was told today at 11am est time my order would ship out today....

just check now and the item shows it doesnt even ship till tomorrow or later

#$#$# them

Cant cancel my order cause they said if i do i lose my 10 buck coupon i used

LOL edit just got off the phone after waiting 20 mins on hold and was told

The shipping date was pushed back a day cause the so called shipping department didnt even know they got the game in today so noones packages went out

Got to love how they run a company when they dont even do basic stock checking

[quote name='sadunk']A while back all their newer used games said it would come with case and manual. Now, none of them say it. Guess that didn't last long.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, that disclaimer was not much of a guarantee as I and other CAGs got several incomplete games that were "guaranteed complete".

[quote name='ssjr760']Stupid question. When do you get the 10 dollar code.. I ordered GW3 but no sign of a $10 coupon[/QUOTE]

Supposed to be sent when you ship, but I've had bad luck with that. I've never gotten any and had to email them for the code.

bread's done
Back