10% Off Amazon Gaming Purchases and Other Perks with ECA Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
CheapyD update - (The discount codes are presently unique one-time use coupons. Members should download one coupon per game, one game per cart. Multi-time use individually-assigned codes are coming soon.)

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
i assume this has happened before..
just received this responce after inquiring with eca.

[FONT=&quot]Chad[/FONT][FONT=&quot], I do apologies for the inconvenience…we are working with Amazon right now on reactivating those remaining codes.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the attempt to better service our members, I am in the process of acquiring a new valid batch.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Khanh[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[quote name='Vader582']Ugh. Used some codes successfully yesterday too and was going to pick up the new Boom Blox today since it's $30. I hope Amazon is not doing something shady here.[/QUOTE]

Horrible timing for the codes to stop working. Not only is BBBP down to $29.99, but it is in my quickpicks today. Last time, it took at least a few days to get the codes back up and running, so I may not get to combine it with the quick pick. This is a different problem, though. Codes are still generating, but they are coming up as expired when trying to apply them - last time I think they just ran out of codes.

[quote name='disillusion386']Anybody else having problems logging into their accounts?[/QUOTE]
I was. Page couldn't be found but then I switched from IE to Safari and it worked w/o issue.

[quote name='Vader582']I was. Page couldn't be found but then I switched from IE to Safari and it worked w/o issue.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool, I used Firefox and it worked. The coupon codes, on the other hand, are a different story.

wow, this sucks that the codes aren't working now, when DDS2 just popped up for 29.99 again. I just had to go ahead and forgo the $3 savings, because they probably won't be there when the codes are up and working again.

Ack, too bad the codes aren't working today; Crimson Gem Saga and FF: Dissidia are in my Gold Box :(

I'll try again tonight... And for what it's worth, I'm still happy I'm an ECA member first and foremost.

I'm guessing they ran out because everybody generated up a bunch after last time.:lol:

I still don't get why they don't get one code which automatically stays with your account until your ECA membership is dead.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm guessing they ran out because everybody generated up a bunch after last time.:lol:

I still don't get why they don't get one code which automatically stays with your account until your ECA membership is dead.[/QUOTE]
Talk to Amazon. ECA doesn't create the codes.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm guessing they ran out because everybody generated up a bunch after last time.:lol: [/QUOTE]
Nope. Seems like it was just an expiration issue. I guess we didn't use them all up fast enough this time.

[quote name='xycury']in before the trolls coming in saying EAC owes them double back for the frustration caused by this... :roll:[/QUOTE]

they owe me a pony.. and it better be a cute pony,, not one of those fat ones they keep in the back

LOL

[quote name='scottman']Nope. Seems like it was just an expiration issue. I guess we didn't use them all up fast enough this time.[/QUOTE]

For some reason it's funny to me that these codes can expire so quickly. Oh well, no biggie assuming this gets resolved fairly quickly.

Yes, just tried to use the ECA discount for Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon since it's the amazon.com video game deal of the day. Still is not working, all the promotional codes that generated on the ECA website kept coming up as expired.

dam!! getting the same problem and i added Halo Reach to my cart cause it was in my gold box! $51 for the game would have been great! oh well.

[quote name='darkpice']dam!! getting the same problem and i added Halo Reach to my cart cause it was in my gold box! $51 for the game would have been great! oh well.[/QUOTE]
This was in my Gold Box yesterday and I missed out, too.

[quote name='Tracid']Yep, seeing expired too.[/QUOTE]

All the codes I generated and saved up to use in a situation like this been expired as well. This really sucks because I finally got a good game in my Goldbox (after weeks of complete useless stuff and movies I would never watch) and this dies. Dammit...

Why the hell don't they just get codes which last a whole month? For example, why don't they get a bunch of codes for the whole month of July that people only need to enter once. And then when August comes, they can generate another bunch of codes which will last their users the whole month of August.

I'm guessing Amazon is running out of number and letter combinations.:lol:

[quote name='bearcatjosh']For some reason it's funny to me that these codes can expire so quickly. Oh well, no biggie assuming this gets resolved fairly quickly.[/QUOTE]
Last time they just plain ran out. I assume Amazon thought they'd be able to get multiple use, account-fixed, permenant codes working by July 1. Just a guess as to why the codes would expire over running out again.

I, too, am waiting for the codes to come back up. I wanted to use one on a TE fightstick, but ended up getting it from the capcom store instead. :)

HAHA, I am super late then. I was just about to post about why the codes are not working?

Well thanks guys for informing me about the situation.

I waited all day for new codes, but finally bit on Fire Emblem two minutes before the Monday delivery deadline for Prime. Boo ECA, boo.

[quote name='AwRy108']Wanted to use this on my R&C Future: A Crack In Time pre-order.

*SIGH*

Oh well, I got time.[/QUOTE]

HA! It's funny 'cuz thats how I found out it wasn't working! Like you said, theres still time.

They probably were set to expire at the end of the fiscal year... and it didn't hit anyone how close that was, or maybe we used this batch up slower than expected?

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']This is kinda getting old with the ECA. This is like the third time they have gone down. Hopefully if they resolve this, it will be for good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought they were working on getting us permanent codes?

[quote name='djduke316']HA! It's funny 'cuz thats how I found out it wasn't working! Like you said, theres still time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's pretty much my most anticipated game this year; and after reading today's R&C Future post on the Official PlayStation Blog, I decided that Amazon is offering the most useful pre-order bonus of all the other retailers.

Are you a long-time R&C fan? The 3rd installment on PS2 (Up Your Arsenal) is still one of my favorite games of all time.

[quote name='AwRy108']Yeah, I thought they were working on getting us permanent codes?[/QUOTE]
They probably are, but its up to Amazon to provide permenant codes that can be linked to accounts. I think there must be issues with the linking between ECA accounts and Amazon accounts, since we haven't seen the perm codes yet.

Ok this really need to stop. I finally get something in my quick picks & yesterday's DOTD and the codes don't work, don't have enough codes, blah blah blah always something. Basically I will never see $20 worth of savings at this rate.

I can understand even 1 day without the codes working, but its days at a time. Its just annoying.

This sucks, but I can't help but feel like the ECA gets stuck with more of the blame than they deserve. Afterall, I figured Amazon would be able to get a code lined to our accounts by now...

[quote name='prateeko']This sucks, but I can't help but feel like the ECA gets stuck with more of the blame than they deserve. Afterall, I figured Amazon would be able to get a code lined to our accounts by now...[/QUOTE]

Well...this is something they should have figured out before they start advertising it as a perk. If you throw a party and promise alcohol, is it [insert favorite alcoholic brand]'s fault that they had a shortage and you have no alcohol? You should negotiate the deal first, make sure it's solid, then offer it as a perk. We didn't force them to offer it, but I'm sure they knew that the Amazon perk was the best reason to join.

It sucks that it happened the last few days, I was planning on picking Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2. I know it's only 10%, but it's still money.

It's 10% versus however much you'll lose if you have to buy DDS2 at a retail price elsewhere. I'd recommend getting DDS2 if you get the chance since it's harder to find on Amazon than DDS1.

[quote name='prateeko']It's 10% versus however much you'll lose if you have to buy DDS2 at a retail price elsewhere. I'd recommend getting DDS2 if you get the chance since it's harder to find on Amazon than DDS1.[/QUOTE]

You have a totally valid point, it's just that DDS2 wasn't even on my radar. Not having the ECA discount available this time saved me $60. It was sort of an impulsive buy. I appreciate the thought though. I should just play the games I have in my backlog =).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back