$10 off at Gamefly Store AC for members, check your email

ighosty

CAGiversary!
Got any email today from Gamefly with a 10 dollar off coupon which is good till 11/26/07. They are calling it a thanksgiving sale. It can be compined with others discount coupons. Check your email.

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Just got off the phone - $10 in GF dollars going to my account. Woohoo![/quote]

What exactly did you say to them? I just got off the phone with them and they are refusing to give me anything. The guy said that he doesn't have a coupon code to give me, and that even if he did it would be expired because the code promotion is over. I told him that people are still recieving a credit when they call in and complain and he told me that I am wrong. I don't really know what to do from here, other than just cancel my service.

Chris

[quote name='Jibbajaba']Just e-mailed them yet again. I can call them anytime between now and 1PM PST, so I think I will give them until lunchtime to get back to me, at which point I will call if I have still heard nothing. I would just let it drop, but everytime someone posts in this thread that their account got credited the $10, it irks me that I am being ignored.

LinkinPrime, you get a response yet?

Chris[/quote]

Nothing yet...I'm not planning on calling them either. I'll wait it out. Might actually cancel since I got too much good stuff to play with right now and since Brightspot.tv pulled the plug, not sure if I want to pay full price.

[quote name='Jibbajaba']What exactly did you say to them? I just got off the phone with them and they are refusing to give me anything. The guy said that he doesn't have a coupon code to give me, and that even if he did it would be expired because the code promotion is over. I told him that people are still recieving a credit when they call in and complain and he told me that I am wrong. I don't really know what to do from here, other than just cancel my service.

Chris[/QUOTE]

Chris:

That sucks. All I said was that I'm a member of a website that had a forum thread about the $10 GF Dollars. The guy must have heard about this, because he immediately told me "I am sorry, but that promotion has ended.". I told him I had never gotten the email. He took my account info, put me on hold, and after a couple of minutes came back on and told me the credit would be in my account in a couple of minutes.

Sorry to hear you're not having good luck - hope you get it also.

[quote name='DGenerateKane']You can look at your billing history in your account settings, it will tell you.[/quote]

Thanks! I paid $306.62 for the one year subscription for 3 games out at a time. That is about $25 a month. I get a $5 coupon every three months and 10% off game purchases w/free shipping. I've rented and played a ton of games. I used to do the Hollywood Video once a month coupon, but I was at the mercy of things being in stock, travelling, etc.

FYI, It may sound like it, but I'm not trying to schill, but it really works for me.

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Chris:

That sucks. All I said was that I'm a member of a website that had a forum thread about the $10 GF Dollars. The guy must have heard about this, because he immediately told me "I am sorry, but that promotion has ended.". I told him I had never gotten the email. He took my account info, put me on hold, and after a couple of minutes came back on and told me the credit would be in my account in a couple of minutes.

Sorry to hear you're not having good luck - hope you get it also.[/quote]

I sent them another e-mail a couple of hours ago which was much more direct in it's tone (I also responded very negatively to a customer satisfaction survey that they sent me) and low and behold I just got 10 gamefly dollars deposited into my account. It makes me feel bad that I have to be that way with people to get what I want. I triled being polite 3 times with no results. Only after I told them what I thought of their crappy customer service and of my intention to cancel my account did them give me some love.

I hate that because it encourages customers to be pushy and rude, because being reasonable and polite doesn't reap any results. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Chris

[quote name='saldogg']i was very polite in my email, and they credited me no questions asked...[/quote]

Probably just varies from agent to agent.

Chris

gamefly seems to be really #$#$#$# up. they are saying my credit card is declined. So i had to do GOOGLE check out to buy the 4 games i wanted

MLB 06: The Show (PSP); USD4.76
NCAA March Madness 07 (PlayStation 2) USD1.37
Brooktown High (PSP); USD1.79
Odin Sphere (PlayStation 2)USD1.69

I paid full price for show
Used 5 bucks off March 2007
Used 10 bucks off Brooktown
Used 20 bucks off Odin sphere

Now i will wait till tomorrow and cancell my account

There is going to major hell raised if they cancell my orders

there are NO ds games i want to play TILL mid Jan and NO PSP games till Mid Dec

I might reopen my account in jan.

JOKER

[quote name='saldogg']i was very polite in my email, and they credited me no questions asked...[/QUOTE]

Ditto...although I was worried after reading this thread, but I must be in the demographic they like. Also, in my email, I said "I think I accidentally deleted an email with a $10 coupon, can you please resend?" (which may not be a lie, I did delete an email of theirs without reading it recently) and they credited my acct with 10 gamefly bucks...and they don't expire until May08 (!)

er...i don't understand them.

I finally got a response and got the 10 bucks but they said it expires on 12/8!

did anyone else get an expiration date like that?

[quote name='Garon']er...i don't understand them.

I finally got a response and got the 10 bucks but they said it expires on 12/8!

did anyone else get an expiration date like that?[/quote]

Yup; mine is 12/5.

Chris

I gave up after 2 emails, called them and said i sent them 2 emails about never recieving this promotion. got put on hold for 2 mins, and tada i got my $10. Exp. Dec 6, but thats plenty of time to use it ;).

So to everyone, CALL them! and mention you never got the email in the first place. GL!

Seriously, call.

I sent two emails and got nothing done. The guy on the phone was very apologetic and said that email support can be touchy - they read fast and send form letters faster. 5 minutes total.

I got my $10, exp date of 12/5.. two days after I get my next $5 coupon.

[quote name='Jayx77']I haven't got my email either yet. I emailed them also, so hopefully I will get a positive response from them.

I have been a member for 8 months now and I buy stuff pretty regularly from them.[/QUOTE]

I got a credit of $10 applied to my account, so there still is hope.

[quote name='ep2011']I believe it is free shipping even for non members. Just go to gamefly.com, click store and see, it says it there.[/QUOTE]

thats a limited time promotion that is ending 12/4. its on the front page

I think it was like $4 for me IIRC before I became a member.

[quote name='Jayx77']I got a credit of $10 applied to my account, so there still is hope.[/quote]

me too, just call and you may get it.

Got my email back and I got the $10. I just sent a nice email and they sent me a nice one back :)

Now to decide whether to buy: Orange box, Oblivion GOTY, Mass Effect (Don't really like it that much) or buy something that I'm not renting... Any input? I have a week to decide :p

[quote name='ep2011']Got my email back and I got the $10. I just sent a nice email and they sent me a nice one back :)

Now to decide whether to buy: Orange box, Oblivion GOTY, Mass Effect (Don't really like it that much) or buy something that I'm not renting... Any input? I have a week to decide :p[/quote]

How many days did it take for you to get a response? I'm up to 3 emails and only gotten one cookie cutter response back.

sent one on sunday, got responsed to on tuesday with the it's an expired promtion so i replied the same day. waited till today and just ended up calling. as soon as i mentioned the promotion and said i never recieved it, she put me on hold and then gave me the $10bucks.

Just got a response to my second email and they credited me the $10 coupon good until 12/6 "as a courtesy". Gonna use it to keep SMG.

THIS IS ONLY FROM ONE WORKER

Well called up today to cancell and told them the service was just too much since brighspot closed down. The worker told me to keep and eye on gamefly . They said they couldnt go into much details but they said expect something in the future that will lower the price once again

it seems they are getting a number of people cancelling cause of no more rebate. (Im shocked that many people even knew of brightspot)

Maybe its the return or brightspot or something but but they said early 2008 something should come

i thank them for their time and told them i probally be back around Feb or march once more Ds/psp games come out

I think only 3 PSP games even come out in the entire month of dec : (

I went to cancel this month and checked the "price" box as reason why and immediately was offered Dec. for a discounted rate.

I tried calling earlier. 9-1 pacific? What kind of hours are those? Their CS is only open 4 hours a day? Weak.

[quote name='Corvin']I went to cancel this month and checked the "price" box as reason why and immediately was offered Dec. for a discounted rate.

I tried calling earlier. 9-1 pacific? What kind of hours are those? Their CS is only open 4 hours a day? Weak.[/QUOTE]

I got the same thing, a $14 for 2 out rate for one month. I might have bit but with the holidays and the games I currently have I won't need to rent anything for awhile.

[quote name='WeLoveDaisuke']If you're having trouble getting the credit, call and be very nice. You only need to say that you never got the email.[/quote]

Absolutely. I made the mistake of telling them right off the bat that I had bought a game from them before, and that gave them an excuse to tell me that I couldn't have the coupon.

Less is more.

Chris

After a couple of emails they credited me the $10 coupon. I had to be kind of a jerk saying their customer service stinks and such, but they credited me a coupon that doesn't expire until 5/28/08. They appoligized that I never got the email. I think it just depends on who is on the other end whether their a hardass or not.

I also gave them a call and had $10 Gamefly dollars credited to my account. Expires 12/7. I'm sure I'll find something to use it on by then.

MjC

Damnit. Just called twice got two different CSRs and got rejected twice. Both said the offer expired over the weekend.

I was plenty courteous and still got nowhere.

Weak.

*edit - success! Third time's a charm. How long does it take to show up?

Damn, 5 minutes? It's been 3 hours since the CSR said he'd put it in my account and still nothing.

Thanks for the response.

I emailed me and they said "Dear James,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, as of 11/26/07, the Thanksgiving Storewide Sale promotion has expired and we will no longer be able to honor this offer. As a member of GameFly, you are eligible for GameFly Rewards. For more details regarding this specific program, please see our GameFly Rewards FAQ.

Sincerely,

GameFly Customer Service"

So lame. I sent them an email saying I would cancel my service if they didn't give me the 10 dollars. I literally have gotten 4 people to sign-up and be paying members, as well as being a paying member myself for a long time now. Ridicilous.

I emailed GF and asked about the coupon. It took them about 2 days but i got the email stating that my account was credited with a 10 dollars coupon. It expires Dec. 7th. Anyone who has not gotten it may want to ask soon.

[quote name='Corvin']I went to cancel this month and checked the "price" box as reason why and immediately was offered Dec. for a discounted rate.

I tried calling earlier. 9-1 pacific? What kind of hours are those? Their CS is only open 4 hours a day? Weak.[/QUOTE]

i think your lucky. I check the same box and wasnt offered anything it just cancelled my account

i think your HOUSEHOLD Is offered that one time only (what i did a year ago)

These things never work out right for me. First I never received the coupon, second my first e-mail was never answered back by Gamefly. I sent a second e-mail and got the "this was only a Thanksgiving promo and its over..." response, so I responded back that I still see people getting the coupon that did not originally get it and would like to know that after being a member for 4+ years why was I excluded? I than get a e-mail back this morning telling what games I have out and if I would like to cancel click on the link in the e-mail and return the games within 7 days.

bread's done
Back