$10 off pre-orders $39.99 and up, Newegg

batman001c

CAGiversary!
Just got an email from Newegg with a code for $10 off pre-orders $39.99 and up. Expires 11:59 PST on 9/9/12 or sooner based on fund availability. May not be combined with other promo codes or discounts. Max discount of $10 per order.

BTENANF35

http://www.newegg.com/Store/Games.aspx?name=Gaming

*States only one use per customer*

*Recent purchase from Newegg may be required to be eligible*

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't get the email but it still worked. Probably because I preordered Last Story and KH 3DS Special Edition last time they had this. Picked up Kirby Wii Collection.

So have we established that this code now only works for one pre-order? (and that it may not work for some people at all.)

If I cancel my pre-order from earlier today, will I be able to use the code on something else? Or will I just have screwed myself over twice? :roll:

[quote name='cantonpop']I actually have a quick question about preordering starcraft 2 heart of swarm from newegg. Seeing how newegg lists it at $60 while amazon lists it at $39.99, if the retail price really is indeed $39.99 and newegg changes it to the new price, would this coupon still apply, making my purchase price $29.99?[/QUOTE]

Doubtful. NewEgg is very clear that the sale either happens at the terms you and they agreed to when the order was made, or they cancel. They typically are not price-adjusting existing orders.

[quote name='Bizzquik']Doubtful. NewEgg is very clear that the sale either happens at the terms you and they agreed to when the order was made, or they cancel. They typically are not price-adjusting existing orders.[/QUOTE]

I don't think any price or release date has been announced by Blizzard yet anyway. I mean, I suppose it would be safe to say that the game will be $39.99 and probably $69.99 for the Collector's Edition. I just haven't seen anything yet regarding a release date. :p

Got Ragnarok Merc ed. then went for sonic racing and got denied.

Looks like they fixed the multi-use glitch of old and really limited the code this time.

[quote name='Bumslie']I hope they don't mail it in a bubble mailer. I know a few people who ordered collector editions from them in the past and they arrived crushed.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they will. That's why I also have an order with Gamestop. One of them is going to need to be returned, and I'm probably going to keep the one that cost me $10 less ;)

[quote name='Zaku77']I'm sure they will. That's why I also have an order with Gamestop. One of them is going to need to be returned, and I'm probably going to keep the one that cost me $10 less ;)[/QUOTE]

This is my plan exactly.

DENIED. #@$%@# NEWEGG. Buy from Gamestop folks, I have a lot of stock invested in them, I would love you guys helping to make me rich. Thank you. :)

Almost went with Sonic, but there is already a ton I have coming in November. Went with Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse for 360. Thanks OP.

Ended up pre-ordering Killzone Mercenary for $29.99, couldn't pass it up. And forgot about S&A-S RT, but I just pre-ordered that too since it would be just about the same price w/o the promo anyway (and I loved the first one).

Pre-ordered Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Kirby Dream Collection for $29.99 each. Great deals with the $10 off and free (albeit slow) shipping.

Thank you, OP. Pre-ordered Kirby like everyone else. Time to cancel Amazon's order of it.

Ill mention that this is without a doubt the best deal (probably period) that youll find on the world of warcraft expansion.

Since its 39.99 and I dont pay tax on newegg (some do I know) so 30$ for an expansion thats usually 45, not bad at all.

My backlog is so big I was on the fence about ordering something. Thanks for reminding me about Kirby! Canceled my Amazon pre-order and placed it with Newegg.

I couldn't find a single game that I wanted to pre-order for the PS3, 3DS, or Vita. I think I've already ordered everything that I wanted with previous coupons from NewEgg.

Hmmmmm do I want Code Of Princess? Or Persona 4 Gold? Hmmmmmmmmmmm so much temptation, such a huge backlog...

[quote name='dcm1602']Ill mention that this is without a doubt the best deal (probably period) that youll find on the world of warcraft expansion.

Since its 39.99 and I dont pay tax on newegg (some do I know) so 30$ for an expansion thats usually 45, not bad at all.[/QUOTE]

When I was playing WoW, the last thing I was willing to do was wait to play the newest content. I bought the last expansion direct from Blizzard. They allow you to pre-download almost the entire thing so that when Midnight PST rolls around, you can instantly hop in the new stuff.

Some of my fondest memories is rushing into Vashjr with everyone else and fighting over quest mobs.

[quote name='FurryCurry']I hope that everyone is getting the bonus edition of Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed. I think it's going to be a first print thing. I hope it is.
[/QUOTE]

i have sega transformed preordered through newegg (ps3) whats the bonus?

[quote name='SteveGo']Pre-ordered Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Kirby Dream Collection for $29.99 each. Great deals with the $10 off and free (albeit slow) shipping.[/QUOTE]

did someone get the code to work on multiple orders?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']did someone get the code to work on multiple orders?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just did.

I pre-ordered one game yesterday morning, then came back an hour later to pre-order another - and was declined.

Taking a chance, I canceled my first pre-order this morning. Then I waited five minutes for the NewEgg system to realize I had just canceled my pre-order, and I was able to pre-order that same game with the code. Then I immediately pre-ordered the second game with the code. Both times, I got the $10 off.

I think the trick is to be quick like a ninja to beat the NewEgg system from detecting that you have already used the code! ;)

Denied. F.U., NewEgg, I'll go to Amazon.

[quote name='ShockandAww']DENIED. Maybe I should buy something from them again sometime.[/QUOTE]

So... because they're not giving you the discount like everyone else, you should give them more business? That... makes... sense...?

[quote name='morrodox']So... because they're not giving you the discount like everyone else, you should give them more business? That... makes... sense...?[/QUOTE]

They give you a discount IF you made business with them so if you didn't buy anything then don't complain.

I was able to use the code for one preorder (Under Defeat HD), but when I tried later to order a second copy, it was rejected. One time use per eligible account, apparently.

[quote name='Bizzquik']Yeah, I just did.

I pre-ordered one game yesterday morning, then came back an hour later to pre-order another - and was declined.

Taking a chance, I canceled my first pre-order this morning. Then I waited five minutes for the NewEgg system to realize I had just canceled my pre-order, and I was able to pre-order that same game with the code. Then I immediately pre-ordered the second game with the code. Both times, I got the $10 off.

I think the trick is to be quick like a ninja to beat the NewEgg system from detecting that you have already used the code! ;)[/QUOTE]

Pretty much explains it. I used the code back-to-back and got in two preorders the first time. I believe I tried a third immediately as well but was rejected.

In for Wii Kirby Collection. Was going to pass at $40 since I already have all but the GB games from VC, but at $30 it will go great with the Club Nintendo Kirby medal I ordered :3

[quote name='BLink']They give you a discount IF you made business with them so if you didn't buy anything then don't complain.[/QUOTE]

In my case, I do plenty of business with them. I get deal emails, but never these promotional emails and these codes never work for me. I know I'm not the only one with this issue, either.

I asked a CS rep about it and apparently you need to be on their promotional list in order for it to work, which is crap. They don't want to hand out $10 for my business I'll just head back to Amazon and take the credit instead.

I would use this code on Adventure Time: HIKWYSOG, but they don't have the Collector's Edition on Newegg. :(

[quote name='Fatalis Fafnir']http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879261413

Killzone HD is available for pre-order, but the promo code says "The promo code BTENANF35 is for a product not in your shopping cart. Please check your promo code and try again."

Guess it doesnt work for me.

Edit: Just tried it for other pre-orders and the code does work.[/QUOTE]

The listing is probably too new. I remember this happened with Ragnarok Odyssey: Merc Edition. It didn't work with the $12 off code that was currently active at the time until a few hours before it expired.

I got the Killzone Trilogy for PS3. I called NewEgg Customer Service and got it approved. The only minor hitch is that I had to pay the full amount up front and they'll retroactively take off the $10 after the game ships. Thanks OP.

[quote name='MilesDP5']My backlog is so big I was on the fence about ordering something. Thanks for reminding me about Kirby! Canceled my Amazon pre-order and placed it with Newegg.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Worked for me, Thanks Op! I picked up the Kirby Collection I had forgotten to get during the last sale.

Edit: Lol, looks like a lot of people forgot about Kirby

[quote name='Covnam']Worked for me, Thanks Op! I picked up the Kirby Collection I had forgotten to get during the last sale.

Edit: Lol, looks like a lot of people forgot about Kirby[/QUOTE]

It wasn't available during the last sale. It had a placeholder page, but couldn't be ordered at the time.

bread's done
Back