$10 PSP Greatest Hits games at Circuit City

[quote name='Roufuss']PSP GH?

Lame.[/QUOTE]

Why is that "lame"? I've been waiting for some of those games to come down for over a year now.

Moot point for me though as they're sold out both online and in-store.

[quote name='Danil ACE']CC has Socom 3 for $4.99, which IMO is a great deal considering that I paid $50 for it on launch day.[/quote]

Man. This should have its own thread!

Same games as the ones listed in BF ads right? Which are: infected, ape escape, atv offroad, and hotshots golf.

Was forced to wake up and go on black friday and I picked up ape escape (already have hotshots).

aww lame

to OP: make sure you put in the thread title that this is for PSP games I was hoping to pick up God of War for $10

i thought cercuit was a typo, but I really don't think it can be with the "i" being so far from the "e". Sorry, it just bothered me

What is with all these "cercuit" posts and "lame" posts? Obviously one letter was mistyped, I don't think we needed a post making fun of that (let along 20).

And this was not "lame". I don't think we need people calling deals "lame" just because they don't have the system they're for.

[quote name='Puppy']What is with all these "cercuit" posts and "lame" posts? Obviously one letter was mistyped, I don't think we needed a post making fun of that (let along 20).

And this was not "lame". I don't think we need people calling deals "lame" just because they don't have the system they're for.[/quote]

^ lame

Well, it should mention PSP in the title. Not that many people care about PSP games.
Hell I own a PSP and I don't care about PSP games LOL.

[quote name='porieux']Well, it should mention PSP in the title. Not that many people care about PSP games.
Hell I own a PSP and I don't care about PSP games LOL.[/QUOTE]

What the heck? So you don't like it for some reason, and therefore get to insult everyone who does? What the heck is going on, 90% of the posts in this thread are worthless.

[quote name='Puppy']What the heck? So you don't like it for some reason, and therefore get to insult everyone who does? What the heck is going on, 90% of the posts in this thread are worthless.[/QUOTE]

With that being the most worthless

Heh..my PSP has been needing some love for a long tme. Maybe I'll pick up one or two of these. man if the PSP didn't have Tekken and Valkyrie Profile it would just blow. At least I got it for cheap, but still.

Edit: Adding one more game: Power Stone Collection, but again that's just another port.

[quote name='Puppy']What the heck? So you don't like it for some reason, and therefore get to insult everyone who does? What the heck is going on, 90% of the posts in this thread are worthless.[/quote]

Wake up, the system sucks/major huge big let down. I hate to break it to you, but the DS has a lot more and better games, and hell the wifi for it is great.

I agree.

PSP has cool features and overall a pretty impressive little powerhouse! It just.. lacks :(
I'm only keeping it because I got it for free (MyCokeRewards), and I wanna get in on the PSone emulation, as well as snag some games for $10 and less, hence being an active member here at CAG :)

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Wake up, the system sucks/major huge big let down. I hate to break it to you, but the DS has a lot more and better games, and hell the wifi for it is great.[/QUOTE]

The PSP most certainlly dosen't "suck". Nor has it been a let down. PSP bashing quit being cute by late 2005.

I think both systems have amazing libraries, though the PSP has stuff that just wouldn't be possible on the DS.

[quote name='Puppy']The PSP most certainlly dosen't "suck". Nor has it been a let down. PSP bashing quit being cute by late 2005.

I think both systems have amazing libraries, though the PSP has stuff that just wouldn't be possible on the DS.[/quote]

But which is more fun? Again I mainly pull out my PSP for Tekken and Valkyrie Profile and that's it. UMD-Movie has gone down the toilet and was a ridiculous idea from the start. When the system fails to deliver after every turn, of course your going to get plenty of "bashing". Surprisingly, even the original Xbox had its system sellers or its games that truly defined the system such as Halo (even though i wasn't a fan of it), Splinter Cell, and KOTOR, whereas so far the PSP has been lacking. I'm simply laying out the truth and evidently your fanboyism is getting in the way of your objectivity. At $250 for a system that just doesn't give is hefty price to pay and when you don't feel that your investment was justified, well in the stock world this would be high time to sell.

You know, I thought this thread was about the PS2 GH titles as well. One of the moderators should really edit the thread title, so more people don't waste their time.

And, Puppy, I have not YET found a reason to pay $250 for a PSP. I'll just wait till both they and the PS3 are sitting collecting dust in 2007 and 2008 and buy them once they go to close out the unsold stock.

And yes, I'm one of the cheapasses on here who WOULD NEVER pay $500 or $600 for a game system, not unless it came with maybe 4 games INCLUDED.

AND, they'd have to be really GOOD titles too, not that first party ATV Offroad dreck the PS2 came with for a while.

There is nothing wrong with asking that the thread title be descriptive, OP.

And I actually own a PSP so I feel qualified to have an opinion on it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']But which is more fun? Again I mainly pull out my PSP for Tekken and Valkyrie Profile and that's it.[/quote]

I have no idea which is more fun. They both have too many great games for me to try to decide that.

UMD-Movie has gone down the toilet and was a ridiculous idea from the start.

So? What does that have to do with a game system?

When the system fails to deliver after every turn, of course your going to get plenty of "bashing".

What has it "failed to deliver"? It's already got an amazingly strong library. It's also the first portable since the Gameboy that has basically exact versions of current generation games, which is pretty amazing.

I can't believe you called me a fanboy, that's pretty funny :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You know, I thought this thread was about the PS2 GH titles as well. One of the moderators should really edit the thread title, so more people don't waste their time.[/quote]

Again, just because you're biased against a system, doesn't mean it's "wasting someone's time" to post deals for it. Kind of obvious and rude to suggest otherwise.

And, Puppy, I have not YET found a reason to pay $250 for a PSP.

That's your problem. It's got a great library (and it's $200 now BTW).

not that first party ATV Offroad dreck the PS2 came with for a while.

Finally, something I agree with. I'm baffled by who's buying those games (all 20 of them). I was in a store a few weeks ago trying to find Final Fantasy 12, and assumed another guy there was doing the same. Turned out he was desperately looking for ATV 4.0 versus a Big Mac 2.0 or whatever it is.

[quote name='Puppy']The PSP most certainlly dosen't "suck". Nor has it been a let down. PSP bashing quit being cute by late 2005.

I think both systems have amazing libraries, though the PSP has stuff that just wouldn't be possible on the DS.[/QUOTE]

And vice-versa...

That being said, posts with single-sentence statements saying something is "lame" or "teh suck" are about as worthless as picking your nose in the middle of a crowded elevator. Some people will appreciate the post, some won't. If you fall in the latter category, show some class to the OP and practice some restraint. Class and restraint...so lacking in today's society.

[quote name='Danil ACE']CC has Socom 3 for $4.99, which IMO is a great deal considering that I paid $50 for it on launch day.[/quote]
Yeah. I got it for $14.99 using GGC right after it went GH. But I couldn't resist price matching another copy at BB on Saturday for $3.49 :lol:

i got a PSP on launch with the funky fresh 1.5 FW but I still can't find myself picking it up to play anything? Every once in a while i'll play a capcom emu or Valkyrie Profile but other than that my DS gets a lot more love. If it wasnt a gift from my GF i would have sold it a long time ago. I dont play too many games outside and the good PSP games are mostly ports. If i wanna play a console game, I can play it at home. DS is a lot more innovative and just plain fun. all IMHO though

People should be objective and look at the sales numbers, DS > PSP. Here's what I want for the PSP; redesign the little nub of a analog stick and add in another one, bring me games that focus on gameplay and not graphics (not vice versa) like loco roco & WTF, bring me original RPGs that don't suck, and bring me ports of psx rpgs but retranslated, with updated graphics, updated gameplay, and let me save anywhere/anytime. Then I guarantee you I will spend a lot more time on the PSP.

The PSP is a great piece of hardware that's useful for doing other stuff than playing PSP games. If the price drops I'll grab one for watching movies on trips and perhaps emulate the SNES if my DS runs out of batteries. The problem I see with the PSP is that the games look amazing...but that's as far as it goes. Don't mistake pretty graphics for good gameplay and fugly graphics can ruin good gameplay. Gimme a handheld with DS gameplay and PSP graphics and you got yourself the ultimate winnar.

I couldn't disagree more. The PSP has some good looking games (as does the DS), but it has tons of great playing games. Heck, I liked Syphoon Filter better than Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.

If you're biased against the PSP for whatever reason. Can't believe how many people are biased against the PSP!

i wonder if the rumored redesigned PSP is actually in the works. hopefully they include longer battery life also. The screen and graphics are one thing the psp has going for it though.

[quote name='Puppy']I couldn't disagree more.[/quote]
You can disagree with me but can you disagree with the sale numbers:)?

I'll totally get a PSP once they start making games I want to play that are not ports of games I already own. I loved loco roco and WTF but I'm not buying a PSP just for them. Otherwise my money goes into PS2 and DS games. I'll buy cheap PSP games and the system after a noticeable price drop.

I am by no means a Nintendo fanboy/Sony hater. My favorite systems as of now are the PS2 and the DS. I'm just a cheap ass gamer.

[quote name='super_nerd']People should be objective and look at the sales numbers, DS > PSP.[/quote]
Are you saying then that a decision to purchase a specific console or handheld should be based solely on which is selling the most at a given point in time? If we went with your reasoning, about eight months back, anyone and everyone considering a handheld should have purchased a PSP because worldwide PSP sales did edge out the DS. In September of this year, when DS sales were almost triple those of the PSP, two of the top 10 selling games for that month were Pokemon titles. I can't speak for others, but the Pokemon franchise holds zero interest for me.

If someone thinks that the DS is more interesting than a PSP, I'm not going to dissuade or denounce them for believing this because they are entitled to their viewpoint; seeing as viewpoints are really matters of opinion, one doesn't carry more validity than another. Games on platform 'A' aren't necessarily better than those on 'B'; it's strictly a case of what one prefers.

The PSP is a great piece of hardware that's useful for doing other stuff than playing PSP games. If the price drops I'll grab one for watching movies on trips and perhaps emulate the SNES if my DS runs out of batteries. The problem I see with the PSP is that the games look amazing...but that's as far as it goes. Don't mistake pretty graphics for good gameplay and fugly graphics can ruin good gameplay. Gimme a handheld with DS gameplay and PSP graphics and you got yourself the ultimate winnar.

The only common traits shared between the DS and PSP are a) they're handhelds, and b) they play games; in reality, they're as comparable as apples and oranges, i.e. beyond the fact that both are fruits, that may be the extent of their similarities. The PSP does have a significantly higher price point entry, which is a barrier to greater mass acceptance. Development costs, in all likelihood, are also higher for the PSP platform, which may reduce the frequency of new releases and overall number of titles on the market. These are not excuses for why PSP sales lag behind the DS', but they can't be ignored either.

I happened to pick up a second PSP during last week's BF sale at MEIJER for two reasons: i) it was on sale for $149.99, and b) the second unit will be used strictly for official firmware upgrades and eventually for connectivity to a PS3. I'm using the first unit mostly for homebrew apps; it gives me a level of flexibility and diversity that other gaming units simply don't offer (the DS included). I don't own a DS for any number of reasons, none of which has to do with the company (as I own 2 Gamecubes) or the quality and quantity of games available; for me, there aren't enough games that interest me to make it a worthwhile purchase. I won't say that the PSP is better because what it comes down to is personal preference, and we all have our own likes and dislikes.

[quote name='shrike4242']Thanks for all the OT post cleanup work you all gave me. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Could have just done yourself a favor and marked it dead with a lock, as the CC website corrected itself from the leftover Thanksgiving prices.

bread's done
Back