100$ Off Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit Bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.

iliketag

CAG Veteran
Starting Wednesday 7/8 through Sunday 7/12 all Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits will be 100$ off at Game Stop.

Bringing the prices for 360, P3 and Wii down to 89.99 +tax and PS2 down to 79.99 +tax.

Television advertising for this offer will begin on Wednesday, so others will know about this deal as well. Many stores are trying to get as stocked as possible, but seeing as how it's Inventory time for most Game Stops nationwide, stock will be mildly limited.

YES, this is CONFIRMED.

Damn, everyone wants these GONE before the new ones hit during the holidays. If you're an avid Rock Band drummer, don't even bother with these drums, I picked up a band kit on sale just for the drums and I absolutely despise playing these over RB drums...just seem boring, especially without drum fills.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Damn, everyone wants these GONE before the new ones hit during the holidays. If you're an avid Rock Band drummer, don't even bother with these drums, I picked up a band kit on sale just for the drums and I absolutely despise playing these over RB drums...just seem boring, especially without drum fills.[/QUOTE]
glad that you pointed it out, almost fell into gs trap, but dang, rockband 2 never drops its price, my budget is $25, i only have a wii btw

Strange, I feel the complete opposite. I think the RB drums are utterly boring and useless after playing the WT drums. IMO they're much, MUCH more fun.

What are all the replacements?

Band Hero?
Rock Band Beatles Edition?
DJ Hero?

Is there a breakdown of the differences between these new models and last years models?

[quote name='mwaarna']What are all the replacements?

Band Hero?
Rock Band Beatles Edition?
DJ Hero?

Is there a breakdown of the differences between these new models and last years models?[/QUOTE]

Basically:
Code:
Band Hero is the family friendly Guitar Hero with full band play.

The Beatles: Rock Band is obviously an all Beatles games with specially designed plastic instruments modeled after The Beatles real instruments and has support for three part vocal harmonizing.

DJ Hero has a special turntable controller.
I'm sure that the instruments included with these, barring DJ Hero, should be of a better quality then the guitars and drum sets that are out now. Theoretically.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Strange, I feel the complete opposite. I think the RB drums are utterly boring and useless after playing the WT drums. IMO they're much, MUCH more fun.[/QUOTE]
I'm the same as you, I find the GH:WT drums to be a lot more fun. The sensitivity is lacking on some sets, but you can tweak that.

[quote name='exodus.lang']i'm the same as you, i find the gh:wt drums to be a lot more fun. The sensitivity is lacking on some sets, but you can tweak that.[/quote]

+2

dang nice drop. thanks op.
151l1259.jpg

Wow, but I think I'm going to hold out for the inevitable RB2 special edition price drop as we get closer to the release of The Beatles. Or at least I hope there is one.

[quote name='zach6923']you guys also forgot about guitar hero 5 see
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74869[/QUOTE]

Guitar Hero 5
Guitar Hero 6
Guitar Hero 666: Death Metal Edition
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Guitar Hero: Firehouse
Guitar Hero: Bad English
Guitar Hero: Skid Row
Guitar Hero: Mr. Big
Guitar Hero: Nelson
Guitar Hero: Cher
Guitar Hero: Billy Ray Cyrus
Guitar Hero: Miley Cyrus
French Horn Hero
Trombone Hero
Barbershop Quartet Hero
Spoken Word Hero

Activision is going to flood their own market to death.

Hey, does anyone know how much space I need to store the drum kit when mostly assembled? Does it fold up or something? I have a small apartment with not much room, so that is a concern.

[quote name='richdmoore']Hey, does anyone know how much space I need to store the drum kit when mostly assembled? Does it fold up or something? I have a small apartment with not much room, so that is a concern.[/QUOTE]

You can always disassemble them, but it takes time and can get frustrating. My rock band ones take up about a three feet in length and height and about two width (give of take). That's when shrunk down to the lowest height.
The GH drums are a bit larger but not dreadfully so.

[quote name='iliketag']You can always disassemble them, but it takes time and can get frustrating. My rock band ones take up about a three feet in length and height and about two width (give of take). That's when shrunk down to the lowest height.
The GH drums are a bit larger but not dreadfully so.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I take it a drum set isn't the best thing to have around with small (2 and 4 years old) kids. My wife wants a full band game and I was hoping the drums (GH WT or RB) would fold up so we could hide them.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Guitar Hero 5
Guitar Hero 6
Guitar Hero 666: Death Metal Edition
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Guitar Hero: Firehouse
Guitar Hero: Bad English
Guitar Hero: Skid Row
Guitar Hero: Mr. Big
Guitar Hero: Nelson
Guitar Hero: Cher
Guitar Hero: Billy Ray Cyrus
Guitar Hero: Miley Cyrus
French Horn Hero
Trombone Hero
Barbershop Quartet Hero
Spoken Word Hero

Activision is going to flood their own market to death.[/QUOTE]
Guitar Hero: Cher? Spoken word Hero?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
But I could see Barbershop Quartet hero as a Lips game on crack.:whistle2:k

On topic, me and my friend can beat 99% of the songs on expert drums in Rock Band. He has GH:WT and the drums broke in a week. I'm still rockin my RB2 drums and my launch RB1 drums were still working when I bought the RB2 drums.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Damn, everyone wants these GONE before the new ones hit during the holidays. If you're an avid Rock Band drummer, don't even bother with these drums, I picked up a band kit on sale just for the drums and I absolutely despise playing these over RB drums...just seem boring, especially without drum fills.[/QUOTE]
I Agree. Me and my friend went through two GH:WT drums in less then a day (and no, we weren't destroying the shit out of them, they just basically stopped responding after a few sets). Those things are waaaay too flimsy after all the promo videos they did showing how sturdy it is compared to the real thing. That and the kick pedal just sucks.

Though main reason to get this game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COYRxf13tIg

[quote name='mr_bungle']Strange, I feel the complete opposite. I think the RB drums are utterly boring and useless after playing the WT drums. IMO they're much, MUCH more fun.[/QUOTE]
i haven't play ghwt yet, but i have played gh3, it's fun but one thing i didn't like was that it allows too much error space time for each notes, hmm... do you know what i am trying to say ? and when the difficulties increase it becomes more a button smashing game instead of a rhythm game
hope you guys understand what i am trying to say

Another complaint about the GHWT Drums is how flimsy they are, wobble around like they are broken or not strapped in all the way or something. Really annoying.

Yeah, the World Tour drums are a nice idea, but they just aren't built very well. Don't get the set just because you want the drums.

Even though I laughed at the idea of Rock Band and thought it would never fly, I prefer them by far over Guitar Hero. The list of downloadable songs is enormous (we're talking PS3 and 360) and if you can find Rock Band 1, you can download every song except three onto your HD and play them through RB2. Also, the gameplay feels more authentic, like someone who actually knows music charted all the keys.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Even though I laughed at the idea of Rock Band and thought it would never fly, I prefer them by far over Guitar Hero. The list of downloadable songs is enormous (we're talking PS3 and 360) and if you can find Rock Band 1, you can download every song except three onto your HD and play them through RB2. Also, the gameplay feels more authentic, like someone who actually knows music charted all the keys.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, to me it seems sometimes as if Guitar Hero is just hard for the sake of being hard. Rock Bands DLC is flat out amazing, whereas I feel most of the time GH's simply falls flat.

I own both games, both "full sets" and my favorites as of now are the Rock Band 2 drums with Cymbal expansion and for Guitar, there is NO BETTER GUITAR then the GH3 Les Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back