12/22-12/28 Best Buy 20% off Nintendo Eshop prepaid cards $20 for $16 / $35 for $28 / $50 for $40

Any recommand Brand SD card for 3DS?
I've used Transcend (can be gotten from Amazon) on both my Wii and 3DS and it's been working fine. They're cheaper than the other brands but pretty reliable. Haven't had any gripes or problems at all while owning them for years. As for max capacity allowed, you'll have to double check. I believe it's 32GB, but don't quote me on that.

Any recommand Brand SD card for 3DS?
Any SDHC card above 2gb is fine. The card that comes with the XL is a 4gb Class 4 card, and I don't think it's actually possible to find non-SDHC cards at 4gb and above so you should be okay no matter what you get. I'm using a 32gb Class 4 microSD card in a SD card adapter, which is probably as awkward a setup as you can get. I don't know what happens if you try anything below class 4 though. Maybe you get worse load times?

Out of mere curiosity, how many SD cards do you have set aside for your 3DS considering that you download all your games from the eShop? I am currently in Germany, but before moving here I picked up three 32GB SDHC cards for I think $11.99 a pop so I can start downloading games from the U.S. Nintendo Shop because of the whole region lock spiel. I doubt I will need all three of them, as I only intend to download games that I am too impatient to wait for until I can get a physical copy back in the states.
I'm only using a lone 32GB card atm. Some of my 3DS games (like Etrian Odyssey IV or Zelda ALBW) are maybe a third of the size of other ones (Shin Megami Tensei IV). I think I can burn through all of this credit without needing to buy a new card. If I need to, I'll upgrade to an SDXC card down the line. Bravely Default is going to be pretty huge though.

I'm still using my stock 4GB SD card at the moment.  Is it a difficult to transfer to another SD card?  Might upgrade to a 32GB that I haven't really been using.  I'll research this later.

I'm still using my stock 4GB SD card at the moment. Is it a difficult to transfer to another SD card? Might upgrade to a 32GB that I haven't really been using. I'll research this later.
From what I heard, all you need is a card reader for your PC and you can just transfer files to your harddrive, then from the harddrive onto the new SD card. You don't even need proprietary software.

From what I heard, all you need is a card reader for your PC and you can just transfer files to your harddrive, then from the harddrive onto the new SD card. You don't even need proprietary software.
That's correct. With the SDXC cards tho, I do believe you may need to format it to fat32 for it to work.

Yep that's all I did when I got my 32 gb Scandisk Ultra Class 10. Really easy to do and cards are so cheap I got one large enough that I'll never be able to fill.

I got an e-mail from Best buy with a $20 Gift card to use from the black friday in store pick up thing....i used it on some Nintendo cards and the $20 actually turned out to be $50! 

I got an e-mail from Best buy with a $20 Gift card to use from the black friday in store pick up thing....i used it on some Nintendo cards and the $20 actually turned out to be $50!
That reminds me of earlier this year when I purchased three 1200 XBL point cards from Best Buy that were supposed to come with 400 XBL bonus points each, but I ended up receiving three 1600 Gears of War point cards in my e-mail instead of three 400 point cards. It was a pretty big mistake on their part, so I ended up calling Best Buy and explaining to them that I was mistakenly sent three 1600 point cards in my e-mail instead of 400 point cards. The CSR I spoke to said that it wasn't a mistake, that the computer wouldn't generate the wrong value point cards. He told me to go ahead and try to redeem them, stating that if I wasn't supposed to receive them then they wouldn't work. I once again tried to explain that the promotion stated that I would receive 400 points as a bonus, and not 1600. I told him that this is way more points then I was supposed to have received. But the CSR just kept telling me to try to redeem them, because if I wasn't supposed to get those they wouldn't be activated. So following his instructions I entered the codes and of course they all worked. After telling him that they were all active, he just said great and wished me a good day.... A few hours later I ended up receiving three e-mails with 400 point codes. I once again called BB and explained the entire situation from earlier and asked what the heck was going on. The CSR wasn't exactly sure where the 1600 point Gears of War point cards came from, but was able to see that the CSR I spoke to earlier opened a ticket stating that I was missing three 400 point codes. I told him that I never stated I was missing them, but merely informed the other CSR that I was sent the wrong value and wanted to bring it to their attention. I asked what I should do with the 400 point codes now, and the second CSR told me I may as well redeem them since it wasn't my fault I was sent the wrong codes earlier. So I ended up paying for three 1200 point cards, and received 6,000 points as a bonus.

It seems like Best Buy is making a lot of mistakes this year with sending out the wrong value of gift cards/gaming credits, not to mention the fiasco with sending out the wrong products. I still can't believe that a few people received a Zelda 3DS XL instead of a copy of the game like they had ordered.

That reminds me of earlier this year when I purchased three 1200 XBL point cards from Best Buy that were supposed to come with 400 XBL bonus points each, but I ended up receiving three 1600 Gears of War point cards in my e-mail instead of three 400 point cards. It was a pretty big mistake on their part, so I ended up calling Best Buy and explaining to them that I was mistakenly sent three 1600 point cards in my e-mail instead of 400 point cards. The CSR I spoke to said that it wasn't a mistake, that the computer wouldn't generate the wrong value point cards. He told me to go ahead and try to redeem them, stating that if I wasn't supposed to receive them then they wouldn't work. I once again tried to explain that the promotion stated that I would receive 400 points as a bonus, and not 1600. I told him that this is way more points then I was supposed to have received. But the CSR just kept telling me to try to redeem them, because if I wasn't supposed to get those they wouldn't be activated. So following his instructions I entered the codes and of course they all worked. After telling him that they were all active, he just said great and wished me a good day.... A few hours later I ended up receiving three e-mails with 400 point codes. I once again called BB and explained the entire situation from earlier and asked what the heck was going on. The CSR wasn't exactly sure where the 1600 point Gears of War point cards came from, but was able to see that the CSR I spoke to earlier opened a ticket stating that I was missing three 400 point codes. I told him that I never stated I was missing them, but merely informed the other CSR that I was sent the wrong value and wanted to bring it to their attention. I asked what I should do with the 400 point codes now, and the second CSR told me I may as well redeem them since it wasn't my fault I was sent the wrong codes earlier. So I ended up paying for three 1200 point cards, and received 6,000 points as a bonus.

It seems like Best Buy is making a lot of mistakes this year with sending out the wrong value of gift cards/gaming credits, not to mention the fiasco with sending out the wrong products. I still can't believe that a few people received a Zelda 3DS XL instead of a copy of the game like they had ordered.
Could it be that they were thinking of sending out 1600 point codes instead of 1200+400, but messed up and did both the 1600 and 1200+400?

Picked up one of the $35 ones tonight before the sale ended, just got a WiiU and figure I'll want to download something sooner or later.

sorry to bump this up...

read something about the sale coming back... hope it's true... just saw the eShop 3DS sale... tons of things to buy..

Maybe Nintendo's finally getting the hint that their store is horribly overpriced in many instances, and their normal sales aren't big enough on their own to generate excitement?

I'll probably be in for another $50 card once my credit card cycles.

Man I wish Senran Kagura Burst was on sale! Oh well, still plenty of other good games on sale in the eShop. Might as well get some to buy the remaining DLC for my Theatrhythm, SMT IV and Ace Attorney. Thanks OP!

Can you use reward certificates on these cards? And are they emailed to you? Sorry if these are stupid questions I never bought one of these before.

EDIT: I just read the post above mine concerning Reward Cert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you use reward certificates on these cards? And are they emailed to you? Sorry if these are stupid questions I never bought one of these before.

EDIT: I just read the post above mine concerning Reward Cert.
You can do in store pick up or have them mailed to you. As far as I know they are not digital. I order PSN codes from best buy a couple times a year and never receive digital codes.

I asked this last week and never got any response, so I'll try again... 

Any suggestions on wii U eshop games? I recently got the console and trying to figure out what I need/want. Dr Luigi looks fun. Thanks in advance! 

Any suggestions on wii U eshop games? I recently got the console and trying to figure out what I need/want. Dr Luigi looks fun. Thanks in advance!
Tastes are way too different. You might end up wasting money.

Download some demos and try them. If a game looks interesting, look up some gameplay vids on YouTube.

The eShop card sale combined with the 10% Digital Deluxe Program and the current eShop sales make this one hell of a good deal! Im thinking I might splurge a little here. I was going to save my 2 $100 Best Buy gift cards (from trading in 2 360's that were on their last legs) for an Xbone or Ps4, but Im likely going to just stock up on eShop credit. That new Pacman game is also $20 on the eSho right now, anyone check that out yet? Looks pretty fun. I also have a feeling that some of those indie games that we have been waiting for will be coming early 2014. Now is truly the time to stock up. I dont see anything on the ps4 or Xbone that piques my interest for the time being. Im thinking I can hold out for next BF on those systems. Looks like its a good time to stick with Nintendo systems and my PS360 for a while longer. This is the first time I dont feel the need to upgrade just yert. Its a testament to how good this past gen truly was! :bow:   

Hmm.. Maybe I should get another and save it for Mario Kart Wii U, lol. I'd rather have it on disc, though. It'll be $48(after GCU)+tax, anyway.

This is the first time I dont feel the need to upgrade just yert. Its a testament to how good this past gen truly was! :bow:
Agreed. I bought my PS4 and I have played a few games on it and there is not one regret about buying it, but I keep going back to games that I have missed on PS3 and I feel the console has another 2 strong years in it. It doesn't feel like I upgraded as much as it feels like I have two separate consoles.

Cloudberry Kingdom and EarthBound

bread's done
Back