12/22-12/28 Best Buy 20% off Nintendo Eshop prepaid cards $20 for $16 / $35 for $28 / $50 for $40

PM'd at Target yesterday but hey would only allow one per customer and the highest they were out of $50 so I only made out with one $35

Snagged a $20 card for $16, free shipping and no tax. Not a bad deal at all, thanks op!
yep same here. and i had a 10 dollar gift card from bestbuy due to selling them TMNT 3ds i got in another deal so thanks to free shipping i got it for 6 bucks total

Making a list of all the eShop games that I should play. Any other recommendations?
thats a good list i like mutant mudds a lot. i really like monster manor (the streetpass game).

i have my eye on mighty switch force and or harmoknight

Tastes are way too different. You might end up wasting money.

Download some demos and try them. If a game looks interesting, look up some gameplay vids on YouTube.
Fair enough. That said, sometimes there are some games that are "must haves" and widely liked. I'll still do research, but was hoping to get an idea of how many good games there are to see how much eshop points I want to stock up on.

Cloudberry Kingdom and EarthBound
Awesome, thanks. I'll take a look.

I ordered riptide for instore pickup two days ago but Ill be damned if I step into a Best Buy until after christmas 

Place is a zoo

Vanilla Wii points are also on sale in case anyone needs any, 15.99 for 2000

found while i was looking for points for RB songs
That's great! My little brother inherited my old Wii so I'll get him a few.

PM'd at Target yesterday but hey would only allow one per customer and the highest they were out of $50 so I only made out with one $35
That sucks! Yesterday I price matched at Target and stacked the 10% promo plus 5% off with red card. Paid $41.04 for $60 worth of cards. Did you only look for the other denominations in the games section? Sometimes Target has game cards mixed in with gift cards near the registers or other places in the store.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="SKEETER" post="11379985" timestamp="1387851229"]That's great! My little brother inherited my old Wii so I'll get him a few.

That sucks! Yesterday I price matched at Target and stacked the 10% promo plus 5% off with red card. Paid $41.04 for $60 worth of cards. Did you only look for the other denominations in the games section? Sometimes Target has game cards mixed in with gift cards near the registers or other places in the store.[/quote]

You lucked out because Target stopped PM as of 12/22 until after Christmas

Any idea how often these cards go on sale? I know this 20% off was offered by BB a week or two ago, but how frequently has it happened before that? Again, trying to decide how much I was to stock up right now. 

Any idea how often these cards go on sale? I know this 20% off was offered by BB a week or two ago, but how frequently has it happened before that? Again, trying to decide how much I was to stock up right now.
Last time was the first time I can recall. So I picked up two $50 cards when it came back this week.

I had a mild panic attack just now thinking this sale was for 12/22-12/24.

Thank god it isn't. I'll drop in on Friday to pick up another $50 card.

[quote name="yuyak" post="11383788" timestamp="1387940557"]thanks! That helps. I really don't mind digital and the wii U is still early in its life cycle so I guess I'll stock up. [/quote]

Yeah with the new update. Eventually they will be doing a single account link with all devices.

[quote name="HuBu" post="11384775" timestamp="1387976555"]Yeah with the new update. Eventually they will be doing a single account link with all devices.[/quote]

hmm. whatever prepaid credit I redeem on the WiiU is usuable on the 3DS too right?

Best Buy sent out an email this morning for a $15 gift card off a $100 purchase in store.  Only thing it says it excludes in the email is Best Buy gift cards so it should apply for these.  Tempting...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anybody else unable to redeem their code? The shop seems to  be up and running, but I keep being told that I entered it incorrectly.

Is anybody else unable to redeem their code? The shop seems to  be up and running, but I keep being told that I entered it incorrectly.

FYI http://www.joystiq.com/2013/12/28/north-american-european-eshops-to-close-temporarily-again/

Update: Nintendo's Online Service Status page lists the planned network outage from 4 p.m. to 4 a.m. specifically for the 3DS eShop. This is reflected in attempts to access the 3DS eShop itself, which result in an error explaining the temporary downtime. However, we're also currently experiencing problems connecting to the North American Wii U eShop. Several attempts to connect have all resulted in the initial eShop loading screen fading into a white screen that goes nowhere, though the home menu can still be accessed from this state.

Is anybody else unable to redeem their code? The shop seems to be up and running, but I keep being told that I entered it incorrectly.

FYI http://www.joystiq.com/2013/12/28/north-american-european-eshops-to-close-temporarily-again/

Update: Nintendo's Online Service Status page lists the planned network outage from 4 p.m. to 4 a.m. specifically for the 3DS eShop. This is reflected in attempts to access the 3DS eShop itself, which result in an error explaining the temporary downtime. However, we're also currently experiencing problems connecting to the North American Wii U eShop. Several attempts to connect have all resulted in the initial eShop loading screen fading into a white screen that goes nowhere, though the home menu can still be accessed from this state.
Righto, but the store was up at that point. It turns out that the 6 on my card was a G. :/

bread's done
Back