1600 Microsoft Points plus 400 free points $19.99 at Best Buy

The chat rep seemed to know it was involving the Gears of War Map Pass card offer when I said I had received the codes from Best Buy. I gave her the error code from the console and everything. She did say my code was 'active' but she couldn't explain why it wasn't working, only that Microsoft was aware of the issue. I will definitely follow up in a few days if my code still does not work.

[quote name='Derextreme']i ordered my judgment pass with the 400 points this morning. both codes came in this afternoon, and both worked fine.[/QUOTE]

Seems that this problem may be with the whole earlier batch of codes from Gamestop and Best Buy.

Picked up my 1600 point card from the store 3 hours ago, still no code emailed even though the order indicates complete on my account page... hmmmmmm

Both my 400 pt codes worked no problem. No to debate picking a game or two off this most recent XBL dotw. I'm really wondering if we will see some extreme discounts on games next year when the 720 is released. Like $2 a game or something. I got like 100 gigs left so here's hoping.

Yeah, I think it's a Microsoft issue that is getting fixed. My first code wouldn't redeem at all, and I just tried it now, and it works. My second code worked right after I placed the order and received the email.

[quote name='GamerDude316']For those of you having issues with the 400 point code, I just tried mine again and it worked. Seems like its getting fixed![/QUOTE]

My code is working now too! I just redeemed it, so the issue must have been with the Microsoft code redemption process.

Thanks for the link, the Gears card says its unavailable now but the generic white card is still available with no tax store pickup. Also there was some problem yesterday with the codes because Gamestop couldn't sell any when I stopped by as others have said its working now.

grabbed two yesterday for $1.35 OOP after RZ and a giftcard from trade-ins. finally able to get the BLOPS2 season pass. thanks OP

My local Best Buy didn't have any of the physical GoW Season Pass cards, even though they had signs up for it. After an employee asked a few employees, he took me to a giant touch screen preorder kiosk, pressed "Special Deals" and selected "Gears of War Judgment Season Pass" and it spit out a receipt to be taken to the register to be paid for (I printed out a second copy)

Then I took those receipts to the register, where they were scanned and after paying the Live Codes were printed on the new receipt. two 1600 point codes and two 400 point cards.

I entered all four codes into my account and they worked just fine. The 1600 Gears of War Season Pass codes just come up as generic 1600 points, I used one to buy the season pass, and another to buy that new Darkstalkers collection.

[quote name='iduncurr']Has anyone bought the season pass on Gamestop.com?
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/dl...-xbox-360-live-marketplace-1600-points/108150
Cause this makes no mention of the bonus 400 MS points and I really don't want to to deal with contacting customer service if I don't get the 400 ms points >_>
Thats the link I got from clicking their weekly ad[/QUOTE]

I believe Gamestop's offer was "while supplies last". So, maybe they "ran out".

[quote name='iduncurr']Has anyone bought the season pass on Gamestop.com?
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/dl...-xbox-360-live-marketplace-1600-points/108150
Cause this makes no mention of the bonus 400 MS points and I really don't want to to deal with contacting customer service if I don't get the 400 ms points >_>
Thats the link I got from clicking their weekly ad[/QUOTE]

GS ran out of the bonus codes around 6 pm central yesterday and the sale is essentially canceled with them.

[quote name='trnsfrguy']I believe Gamestop's offer was "while supplies last". So, maybe they "ran out".[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I would rather burn GS credit then BB Credit.

[quote name='iduncurr']Ugh, I would rather burn GS credit then BB Credit.[/QUOTE]

same here. kind of lame that they ran out of a digital code =|

so this works towards the 500 points from My Rewards? Sweet, I'll pick this up tomorrow. I have $10 in certs to put toward it.

After posting my issues on their support boards, I received my 400 MSP even though I had bought an ineligible SKU of the season pass. I think I had just received my points late because I never provided any of my information to any of their moderators.

[quote name='dvgamer']same here. kind of lame that they ran out of a digital code =|[/QUOTE]

Yeah Gamestop sucks. The whole time the deal was live online I couldn't get the extra points to show up in the cart then when I went to a b&m store they told me nobody could buy cards because the system was not working. This was a perfect way to get rid of all the credit I have with them. :bomb:

Does anyone know how long this deal will last at Best Buy? Is it just this week? I'd like to go back and get a couple more to save for other upcoming season passes, but money is tight for this week.

If it ends this week, no big deal. I still was able to get two. Thanks OP.

So it looks like the digital Gears passes are out of stock? Which makes no sense being a digital download.. but whatever.

Do I need to order this online with in-store pickup or can I get this in store somehow?

[quote name='BrolyB593']So it looks like the digital Gears passes are out of stock? Which makes no sense being a digital download.. but whatever.

Do I need to order this online with in-store pickup or can I get this in store somehow?[/QUOTE]

I was trying to do this as well and can't. In store pick up isn't an option.

[quote name='RoninChaos']I was trying to do this as well and can't. In store pick up isn't an option.[/QUOTE]

I ordered them online and got the code in an hour anyway despite what the site said.

[quote name='BrolyB593']So it looks like the digital Gears passes are out of stock? Which makes no sense being a digital download.. but whatever.[/QUOTE]

Well, it is entirely possible that Best Buy ran out of codes for the item, and need to get more from Microsoft. Best Buy doesn't generate the codes themselves, they just issue them from a stockpile of codes they purchased for resale.

Is this still going? Do I need to do the in-store pickup on the site for this to work or I can just go to the store and buy a card with this SKU: 9999199800050024, so the 400 MS points get emailed to MyRZ account's email? I live in Puerto Rico so not sure if this would work at my local Best Buy. Also can't use the site since "Online ordering is not available to or from Puerto Rico".

Thanks.

I ordered my points and did the in store pick up thing on Friday. They still haven't credited my Rewards account with 500 pending points yet.

unfortunately for someone like me who would waste more time and gas money actually driving to the nearest bestbuy, this deal isn't worth it due to the lack of a digital download version (which is sold out). i even emailed customer service and they confirmed that it's sold out except for the in-store version. drat :(

[quote name='kiss']Looks like this is done. Had it in my cart yesterday, but it's no longer listed.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if this still works at the store kiosk? I need to stock up on some points for tomorrow's spring sale.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']will this last? I have a $10 certificate, but am almost at $20 which obviously would be a lot better.[/QUOTE]

Not sure. I'm just guessing it could possibly end tonight around 1am when next week's sale prices go live and the previous week's die. But the promotion could last next week as well I suppose.

Anyway, thanks for bumping this thread. I just bought a card with $15 worth of reward certificates to bring down the price.

Hopefully the free 400 digital points come in tonight and then I can buy the Max Payne 3 season pass for $10 out of pocket.

I had a $10 reward cert that expired tomorrow so I grabbed one of these.

2k points for $10 sounds good to me! :applause:

[quote name='jetthead']I had a $10 reward cert that expired tomorrow so I grabbed one of these.

2k points for $10 sounds good to me! :applause:[/QUOTE]

I had a $10 reward zone certificate as well that expires tomorrow. Any idea where these come from? It's not a regular certificate because it wasn't there a week ago and they don't expire as fast. I had that happen in store a few weeks ago where I went to pay for something and the guy asked if I wanted to use a $5 certificate that was expiring that day. That was also not a regular certificate since I'm pretty quick to redeem those and they don't expire for several months.

[quote name='supergrass']I had a $10 reward zone certificate as well that expires tomorrow. Any idea where these come from? It's not a regular certificate because it wasn't there a week ago and they don't expire as fast. I had that happen in store a few weeks ago where I went to pay for something and the guy asked if I wanted to use a $5 certificate that was expiring that day. That was also not a regular certificate since I'm pretty quick to redeem those and they don't expire for several months.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it appeared in my account today as well. And I also had a $5 one that appeared in my account week before last with a 3/24 expiration date. No clue why but I'm not complaining.\\:D/

[quote name='jetthead']Just received the email with my 400 MS bonus points. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Did you get it right after purchase? Ordered 2 an hour ago and haven't even revived an email receipt

I'm tempted to use my free $10 certificate on this, but I've got 4800 MSP in my desk drawer from the Target BF deal last year so I'm good on points...for now.

[quote name='bajingo']Did you get it right after purchase? Ordered 2 an hour ago and haven't even revived an email receipt[/QUOTE]

I got the confirmation email shortly after I placed the order and the email with the MS points about 2 hours later. I'd imagine you should be getting yours soon.

I'm having the MS card shipped to me. If you placed the order for in-store pickup, it might be different.

I used my free $10 cert and I just received a cancellation email saying they couldn't verify my info...WTF?

Did anyone buy the card using reward certificates? I've place my order twice now using reward certificates and both times they came back as being cancelled because they were unable to verify my information. Not sure what the hell that means since neither post-purchase support nor rewards zone could figure out why the order was cancelled.

Edit: I just noticed T1NY is having the same issue as I am.. Did you call them? I've talked to three reps and they have no idea what is causing the issue since the item is in stock and available and there is no issue with the payment. I guess something is telling me not to spend my money in MS points, lol.

[quote name='MochaRaf']Did anyone buy the card using reward certificates? I've place my order twice now using reward certificates and both times they came back as being cancelled because they were unable to verify my information. Not sure what the hell that means since neither post-purchase support nor rewards zone could figure out why the order was cancelled.[/QUOTE]

My order too!

[quote name='T1NY']My order too![/QUOTE]

You may want to call them and tell them you are having issues purchasing the product, but don't expect them to solve anything. I honestly believe it has something to do with the product itself, since I've never had this issue before yet both times I tried to order this item it got cancelled.

bread's done
Back