1600 Microsoft Points plus 400 free points $19.99 at Best Buy

[quote name='T1NY']I used my free $10 cert and I just received a cancellation email saying they couldn't verify my info...WTF?[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. But then a couple hours later I got an email telling me BB is closed for Easter and would verify tomorrow. But order status shows cancelled. With this happening and no points showing up for preordering Gears Judgment, not too impressed with BB lately.

Does anyone know if the 400 bonus points are considered bought points or promo (ie. expire in 1 yr) points?

[quote name='MochaRaf']Did anyone buy the card using reward certificates? I've place my order twice now using reward certificates and both times they came back as being cancelled because they were unable to verify my information. [/QUOTE]

I only had a $5 certificate, but I was able to use it no problem on my order. On the online order form, there are two places you need to enter your Reward Zone member number, once to get credit for your purchase and in a separate area to use your certificate. If you don't put that number in the with certificate number it doesn't work.

I'm sure you already did that, but I wanted to tell you just in case.

If you want a card shipped instead of having to do an in-store pickup (which is sort of a pain just for this unless you happen to be near a Best Buy for other reasons), there is a 2000 points card with 400 bonus points as well. I used my $10 RZ cert on that one without issues, and have already gotten the 400 points. And the 2000 will get mailed so I don't have to make it to the store this week.

I really regret not getting some cards at Target on BF. I guess I thought that would be much more YMMV than it ended up being. So I was down to 750 points - this was pretty much a must buy with the $10 RZ cert I had to use by tomorrow anyway.

Is it possible to buy more than one of these and get the extra points? On the website, it will only allow me to add one to my cart and when went into an actual store, the person working in the video game department was so clueless that he called over 2 other employees and they looked at me like I was bull shitting them when I asked about this deal, so I'm a little leary about buying in store now, as well.

[quote name='SilentBob50023']I only had a $5 certificate, but I was able to use it no problem on my order. On the online order form, there are two places you need to enter your Reward Zone member number, once to get credit for your purchase and in a separate area to use your certificate. If you don't put that number in the with certificate number it doesn't work.

I'm sure you already did that, but I wanted to tell you just in case.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate your help, but unfortunately I did do that already. :/. I think there are a few people in here that have problems applying the certificate to the order, but my problem is more that they use my certificate and then cancel my order right after having placed it. I have never had an issue using reward certificates before, and even the Best Buy employees have no idea why the order kept getting cancelled. They tried everything, from calling my financial institution, checking availability of the product, or even if there is a limit since I ordered the 1600 points card and week ago or so whenever the last deal was. Now to hire Scooby Doo and Myster Inc. to get to the bottom of this.

Yeah, this worked out perfectly for me. I had 750 points left on my account. The 400 got emailed to me not too long after I placed my order which then allowed me to buy the 800 point (50% off) Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim which I had just found out was on sale (ending today). And now my 2000 point card has shipped.

[quote name='io']Yeah, this worked out perfectly for me. I had 750 points left on my account. The 400 got emailed to me not too long after I placed my order which then allowed me to buy the 800 point (50% off) Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim which I had just found out was on sale (ending today). And now my 2000 point card has shipped.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if these 400 points are online only or can we get it in store too?

[quote name='mikeworld']Do you know if these 400 points are online only or can we get it in store too?[/QUOTE]

I think the 400 point bonus for the 1600 and 2000 point card orders are online only since they email them to you. I'm not sure how that would work in store unless it printed on the receipt or something. But, still, yeah, I think it is online only. You can get the physical part (1600/2000 card) for store pickup when you order online (if you want to get the points sooner) but the 400 will still be emailed to you.

[quote name='mikeworld']Do you know if these 400 points are online only or can we get it in store too?[/QUOTE]

My buddy grabbed a card in store a couple days ago and got the 400 bonus points. It was printed on his receipt.

[quote name='Brother Daz']My buddy grabbed a card in store a couple days ago and got the 400 bonus points. It was printed on his receipt.[/QUOTE]

Well, then, there you go. The thing is, there are different types of 1600 points cards and only 1 has the bonus. At least that is the way it looks online - so just be sure you buy the same one.

[quote name='Brother Daz']My buddy grabbed a card in store a couple days ago and got the 400 bonus points. It was printed on his receipt.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know this. I'm about to head out to Best Buy now. I was there already but totally forgot about this deal.

[quote name='io']If you want a card shipped instead of having to do an in-store pickup (which is sort of a pain just for this unless you happen to be near a Best Buy for other reasons), there is a 2000 points card with 400 bonus points as well. I used my $10 RZ cert on that one without issues, and have already gotten the 400 points. And the 2000 will get mailed so I don't have to make it to the store this week.

I really regret not getting some cards at Target on BF. I guess I thought that would be much more YMMV than it ended up being. So I was down to 750 points - this was pretty much a must buy with the $10 RZ cert I had to use by tomorrow anyway.[/QUOTE]

Thanks io. I did the exact same thing you did here with my cert expiring tomorrow.

Kinda sucks that the cert had to be used by today. There was absolutely nothing in Best Buy I needed or wanted, so I just got the points. Have not picked up the card yet but the code got emailed to me. 2000 points for $9.99 is a great deal, but already having over 9000 points on Xbox account I was like ughh, more of these LOL.

So I went today and got the 1600 points but I didn't see the code on my receipt for 400 points. The CS rep told me its an online only deal or it could show up through email. But I do not see any code on my receipt. According to what Brother Daz said.

[quote name='xlost4']So I went today and got the 1600 points but I didn't see the code on my receipt for 400 points. The CS rep told me its an online only deal or it could show up through email. But I do not see any code on my receipt. According to what Brother Daz said.[/QUOTE]

Same. I bought a normal card today with my expiring $10 off cert

[quote name='xlost4']So I went today and got the 1600 points but I didn't see the code on my receipt for 400 points. The CS rep told me its an online only deal or it could show up through email. But I do not see any code on my receipt. According to what Brother Daz said.[/QUOTE]
I'm just relaying info from my buddy. He did say he also received a email with the code. This was last Thursday when he purchased it.

BTW he is probably my most trusted friend that I have known for 20 years.

i guess im in, i need points for Bioshock infinites season pass anyway and adding it to my existing 800 should be enough for Ducktales Remastered when thats out. Thanks! Helps that I have a $20 coupon to BB

bah nevermind. i go to it and it says store pickup only... I assumed it was that they send you a 1600 pts card but then email you the code for the 400 pts. i guess im all set with this then. lame

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, how long is this going for and how can i be sure i'll get 400 points more and not just 1600 if I get it? Wednesday im hitting up a gamestop and could swing by best buy to grab this. Will it say it on the card? I dont wanna buy it for $20 and find out its just 1600 and no bonus, you know? Since their site shows one with a bonus and one without.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']Wait, how long is this going for and how can i be sure i'll get 400 points more and not just 1600 if I get it? Wednesday im hitting up a gamestop and could swing by best buy to grab this. Will it say it on the card? I dont wanna buy it for $20 and find out its just 1600 and no bonus, you know? Since their site shows one with a bonus and one without.[/QUOTE]

order online for instore pickup and you'll have a week to pick it up

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']Wait, how long is this going for and how can i be sure i'll get 400 points more and not just 1600 if I get it? Wednesday im hitting up a gamestop and could swing by best buy to grab this. Will it say it on the card? I dont wanna buy it for $20 and find out its just 1600 and no bonus, you know? Since their site shows one with a bonus and one without.[/QUOTE]
As soon as you order it for pickup (or in the span of a few hours, it varies), they email you the code for 400.

Never got my code and ordered it yesterday. Chatting with CS right now and the lady actually told me "I'm sorry I have no info on that you'll have to contact Microsoft" haha. I was like no no no here's the link to it on your site, this was a deal directly from you.

We shall see.

EDIT.

First off they need to remove the big yellow END CHAT button down there...closed out of three chats because of it haha. And then finally I was told I just need to call. So basically wasted 20min of my day trying to chat only to be told I need to waste more time on the phone. Great.

went into best buy today and purchased the 1600 msp and it did not come w/ the 400 additional msp on the receipt. after returning the item & dealing with customer service they explained you have to purchase it via online and w/ a physical pickup/email/ shipping.

long story short do not buy the actual card in store but purchase it online via best buy website.

Be warned. I bought 2 12+1 Live cards from them during the winter. They sent me a 1 month and a 12 month. Never corrected the issue. I had to threaten them just to get anything done.

When it comes to these bonus deals, I'd be weary of them. Their customer service doesn't understand the difference and neither do their shippers.

Have had good luck with this three times. All three times I purchased on bestbuy.com with either in store pick up or digital delivery. The 400 ms points arrived quickly after the 'your item is available for pick up' email or the 'here's your 1600 ms point code' email.
I'm ready for a deal like this on PSN dollars!

I have 15 bucks in RZ certs but when I try to use them their site says they are invalid I have never had good luck with best buy

[quote name='osuzoo08']I have 15 bucks in RZ certs but when I try to use them their site says they are invalid I have never had good luck with best buy[/QUOTE]

Just placed two separate orders with RZ certs...maybe you are doing it wrong? :(

[quote name='osuzoo08']I have 15 bucks in RZ certs but when I try to use them their site says they are invalid I have never had good luck with best buy[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem with the initial payment page, but they work on the second page where you confirm and submit the payment.

Just enter what you're going to pay the rest of the order with on the first page, click continue. Then on the second page in the Payment Method section you can add Reward Zone Certificates to your order.

[quote name='Z77']I have the same problem with the initial payment page, but they work on the second page where you confirm and submit the payment.

Just enter what you're going to pay the rest of the order with on the first page, click continue. Then on the second page in the Payment Method section you can add Reward Zone Certificates to your order.[/QUOTE]

yeah it worked finally now I just have to wait for the store to get the order ready

tried to buy this just now (twice) - both cancelled. I did recently move so maybe my billing address isn't updated with my card even though I did that... :/

Crap - maybe I'll go in store and complain. I did print out both confirmation screens.

Should the receipt say something about the 400? I just went there a couple hours ago and bought a 1600 points card. Receipt said nothing about a bonus. I used both my reward zone card and my best buy cred card. But theres no sign of an extra 400 or word that ill receive it. Did i buy the wrong one or something? Kind of lame since i will need about 400 points to get another game i want thats out in the summer.

Crap... did i have to do store pickup first and order online to get this? If so im gonna be pissed. Whatever. Ill email them to complain and they always cave and give me somehing in return.

Guess i shouldve checked the replies to an earlier post before i walked in and bought one off the shelf today assuming it would work the same. Crap. Does anyone know if points cards can be returned if the code isnt scratched off yet? Blah so lame. Having 2 different 1600 pts card makes no sense. I Feel so dumb. Doubt i can return anyway because i used $30 in reward certs ( needed a PSN card too).

[quote name='n64ra']Have had good luck with this three times. All three times I purchased on bestbuy.com with either in store pick up or digital delivery. The 400 ms points arrived quickly after the 'your item is available for pick up' email or the 'here's your 1600 ms point code' email.
I'm ready for a deal like this on PSN dollars![/QUOTE]

this works on digital delivery?

[quote name='apterous']this works on digital delivery?[/QUOTE]
Did for me on the one I did.

Edit: To be clear, it was not on this exact 1600 MS point card. It was on a previous MS point card that had a video game cover. I did in store pick up for this particular card.

[quote name='abhinav']Ordered. I'm going to pick up Minecraft. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Minecraft 360 is getting a retail disc release for $20 on April 30th which I think is a better deal.

[quote name='PAULINK']As soon as you order it for pickup (or in the span of a few hours, it varies), they email you the code for 400.[/QUOTE]
My codes have all shown up on the top of the thank you page instantly, they also emailed it in the confirmation email.

[quote name='bojay1997']Minecraft 360 is getting a retail disc release for $20 on April 30th which I think is a better deal.[/QUOTE]
Plus it'll drop in price eventually. Maybe even a gamer coupon in the future for it as well.

[quote name='bojay1997']Minecraft 360 is getting a retail disc release for $20 on April 30th which I think is a better deal.[/QUOTE]

On the other hand, this is one of those games that if you really get into it, you will be playing it a lot and maybe having to keep a disc in there for it is not so convenient.

Saying its sold out when I try to checkout now =(

edit: Nevermind, its allowing me to checkout now...trying to figure out how to get digital delivery...

edit #2: Not sure if its been clarified yet, the only option is in store pickup for the 1600 points...the first page after checkout had my 400 point code.

[quote name='freshzen']
edit #2: Not sure if its been clarified yet, the only option is in store pickup for the 1600 points...the first page after checkout had my 400 point code.[/QUOTE]

Been that way for a while. You can order a 2000 point card for delivery which is what I did since I wouldn't have been able to make it to the store within a week.

I ordered two last night and the option for free shipping was there. Guess I got lucky if it's only in-store pickup now.

[quote name='crr_1119']I ordered two last night and the option for free shipping was there. Guess I got lucky if it's only in-store pickup now.[/QUOTE]

There was no shipping option on the 1600 points cards for several days when this deal was first posted. So you did get lucky.

[quote name='io']There was no shipping option on the 1600 points cards for several days when this deal was first posted. So you did get lucky.[/QUOTE]

Yea I was surprised to see it available for shipping since the deal has been around for a while. I ordered around 2-3 AM PST, so I don't know if they do a site update around that time for inventory but if anyone else wants to try their luck tonight that's when I got them for delivery.

Greetings.

I tried doing this at a local Best Buy this morning and they informed that I had to get a Best Buy Gift Card. Got the card and the order was placed for pick up in the store after I got out of work.

On way to lunch, I got an email that said the order had been canceled and the money refunded to my Gift Card. Checked at store and low and behold, it had been canceled. Got home and attempted to see if the codes printed out worked and THEY DID.

Just placed another order online using the Gift Card for 2 more 1600 MSP cards to pick up tomorrow. Hoping to get them this time.

Cheers

bread's done
Back