1st Duke Nukem Forever multiplayer downloadable add-on free for 1st Access Members

intoxicated662

CAGiversary!
Feedback
219 (99%)
Got this email a few minutes ago, so check your emails!

Hello First Access Member,

As the launch date for Duke Nukem Forever approaches, we would like to offer a heartfelt thanks to you, the true believers who have already placed your bet on Duke with your pre-order, or Borderlands Game of the Year purchase. As a sign of our appreciation, Gearbox Software and 2K Games are thrilled to present every First Access Club member who has registered as of today the very first Duke Nukem Forever multiplayer downloadable add-on for free!* Surprise! Thank you again for all of your support. We're almost there.

Hail to the King, Baby!

Gearbox Software and 2K Games

Get the latest breaking news, videos, and offers from 2K Games, including more info about Duke Nukem Forever, by clicking here to join the 2K Games Mailing List.

*Platform availability and eligibility is subject to local laws and regulations.

I still have my voucher from Borderlands GOTY that I havent done anything with. The wording on this makes it sound like I'll miss out on the promo, even if I register now. Hmmmm.

I kind of just skimmed over it, but we know we're first access members, we know when the demo's coming out, why send us an email about it two days before the demo is out? Why not give us our code now and let us play early? Am i missing the point or something?

I wish they would've actually went through with giving the demo to everyone that bought the Borderlands DLC before the GOTY came out.

Where were you the first time you played Duke Nukem Forever?

You'll have your answer on June 3 when the Duke Nukem Forever demo is released exclusively through the First Access Club.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you guys pre-order at? I did mine at gamestop (in store) and I did not receive this email. I even checked my junk folder to make sure and it's not there.

[quote name='intoxicated662']When has free not been a deal? It's not out yet, einstein but you can learn to read properly as I detailed it for you.[/QUOTE]

it's not a deal because it's a demo that isn't free. We have to preorder or buy something to just play the demo before others. The demo is going to be out for everyone sooner or later. This is not a deal for the same reason that msrp on collectors editions isn't a deal.

I got the email. Cool of them to chuck that in there.

The Balls of Steel Edition has finally sold out preorders on Gamestop (Amazon might still have it).

Cant wait. Ive been playing the old Duke 3d on Live alot recently.

[quote name='jab1235']it's not a deal because it's a demo that isn't free. We have to preorder or buy something to just play the demo before others. The demo is going to be out for everyone sooner or later. This is not a deal for the same reason that msrp on collectors editions isn't a deal.[/QUOTE]

I would say it is a deal because if you do this then you get the first multiplayer add-on for free. which will most likely not be free for others.

[quote name='LegendaryMarvel']I would say it is a deal because if you do this then you get the first multiplayer add-on for free. which will most likely not be free for others.[/QUOTE]

That's a deal, to bad I don't read through emails before i open my mouth...

[quote name='jab1235']it's not a deal because it's a demo that isn't free. We have to preorder or buy something to just play the demo before others. The demo is going to be out for everyone sooner or later. This is not a deal for the same reason that msrp on collectors editions isn't a deal.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? I posted about getting the 1st add-on free. Read the OP topic. The demo was mentioned afterwards and has nothing to do with that. People need to read and quit confusing themselves & others.

If i read it correctly i think they are saying first access club members will get a voucher for free multiplayer dlc when the actual game comes out.

It is nice FAC members get it free. But it has me worried. DLC, and multiplayer at that. Going to splinter the community online.

[quote name='Dranakin']Thanks. Let's hope they go by pacific time, since I just got around to doing it now.[/QUOTE]
Yeah me too, just did it. (fingers crossed)

[quote name='Hawkamania']Thanks for the heads up, managed to get registered just in the nick of time. Oh and I think you meant June 1st not July ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I meant June 1st. Glad you caught that. I corrected it, but it's a little late now. :)

[quote name='HeSaveDave']How do you get first access? link[/QUOTE]

Pre-Ordering Duke Nukem Forever or purchasing Borderlands GOTY.

[quote name='IPlay4Fun']first access memebers get the demo on the 5th[/QUOTE]

First access get's the demo tomorrow...

[quote name='KaOTiK']It is nice FAC members get it free. But it has me worried. DLC, and multiplayer at that. Going to splinter the community online.[/QUOTE]

All we know it could just be weapon/player skins and not items/abilities/maps.

Silly question, but how do I go about doing this, if i preordered both x360 and ps3 balls of steel thru amazon, but only got one access code?

i have borderlands GOTY edition and i haven't opened it. so i assume there's a code in there to grant me access to the 1st Access? Can i still get the Duke 4Ever MP downloads?

There is a free section on these forums for free stuff, this is the deals section. If it costs .5 cents, then it would be a deal but costing nothing is free.

i will b giving my stuff for this out to someone free if its a code for anything. i will not b buying it afterall.

[quote name='gargus']There is a free section on these forums for free stuff, this is the deals section. If it costs .5 cents, then it would be a deal but costing nothing is free.[/QUOTE]

Stop complaining and leave this thread already. This is a deal because you're getting the first add-on free for being a first access member. I got my first access membership free from a friend. If you don't like it just keep it moving.

Demo's up on First Access Club. Downloading now. About 1.5GB

Duke-Nukem-64-Nintendo-64-EmulatorPlanet.com-2.jpg

The also released a FAQ (http://www.gearboxity.com/content/view/650/36/)

Wall of text behind spoiler.
With the Duke Nukem Forever demo just around the corner for members of the First Access Club there, Gearbox Software and 2K Games are thrilled to announce that the First Access Club benefits don't stop there!

All First Access Club members will receive the very first downloadable Duke Nukem Forever multiplayer add-on pack for free when it's released!* Surprise!

Thanks again for all of your support, and always bet on Duke!

A few additional details on this can be found below...

Q: I have heard that Gearbox Software and 2K Games have offered a FREE Add-on Content package for Duke Nukem Forever – is that true?
A: Yes – All members of the Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club who have registered their key before the game is available in stores (June 10th in Europe and June 14th in North America) will be given a code that will allow them to download a To-Be-Announced Premium Game Add-On pack for free once the content is available . The content is tentatively priced at 800 Microsoft Points and $9.99 on PlayStation Network and Steam in the US.

Q: FREE Add-on Content?!? Wha? Why is this happening?

A: As Duke Nukem Forever approaches launch with the large marketing campaign for the game kicking in and motivating a large spike in new pre-orders, Gearbox Software and 2K Games wanted to offer acknowledgement and reward for the most loyal believers who, like us, decided to Always Bet on Duke. Given the legendary and storied game development cycle, we have felt overjoyed by the trust and commitment shown by customers who pre-ordered the game and we want those customers to know how thankful, appreciative and touched we have been by their commitment and trust. Since we have the Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club system already in place, it became the perfect method for us to identify and reward the customers that showed their trust and commitment to us and to Duke early on.

Q: Did you guys just announce Game Add-On Content for Duke Nukem Forever?!?

A: Yes – Gearbox Software and 2K Games have just committed to creating and delivering a premium GAME ADD-ON package for Duke Nukem Forever.

Q: Can you tell me more about this first GAME ADD-ON CONTENT pack?

Conceptualizing, planning and development of the game add-on pack began after development for Duke Nukem Forever was completed and as the game itself went gold. Details of this game add-on pack have not yet been announced. A date for the availability of this game add-on has not yet been announced. We look forward to announcing the details of this game add-on pack for Duke Nukem Forever in the future. Gearbox and 2K Games are promising that the first premium game add-on package will be free to Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club Members. We expect that this will be a premium, paid-for game add-on pack, tentatively priced at 800 Microsoft Points and $9.99 on PlayStation Network and Steam.

Q: Wait - I read online that I needed to have pre-ordered and registered prior to June 1st to get GAME ADD-ON CONTENT for free. What if I pre-ordered *after* June 1st?

A: On June 1, Gearbox Software and 2K Games announced that all registered First Access Club Members would receive the first Duke Nukem Forever premium game add-on content for free as a sign of appreciation their faith in the title. We understand that not everyone who had already pre-ordered Duke Nukem Forever or purchased Borderlands Game of the Year Edition registered their code for the First Access Club and as a result may have missed out on this special offer. To alleviate this, and to reward all who pre-order the game at participating First Access Club retailers, we have worked out a deal to extend the FREE game add-on content for First Access Club members until midnight the day before launch (June 9, 11:59 PM in Europe, June 13, 11:59 PM in North America).

Q: I haven’t pre-ordered yet, but am noticing all this now... Should I pre-order or did I miss the boat?

A: Pre-ordering with select retailers *before* Duke Nukem Forever launches on June 10th Internationally and June 14th in North America will provide you with a membership key to the Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club. Registration of that key will grant you immediate access to the Duke Nukem Forever demo. If you register as a First Access Club Member before midnight on June 9 internationally and midnight on June 13 in North America, you will also receive the first Duke Nukem Forever game add-on pack for free.

Duke Nukem Forever is quite possibly the most anticipated game in the history of the game industry given the legendary and storied game development, it is reasonable to expect that many customers will wait until they know the game is on store shelves before they commit themselves to a purchase. This is very likely to lead to shortages of the retail game during the launch. The best way to ensure that you receive a copy of the game at launch is to pre-order the game.

Q: Just to be clear - what is the Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club?

A: The Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club provides numerous benefits to members, including early access to the Duke Nukem Forever demo.

Q: Ok - How do I earn access to the Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club?

A: By pre-ordering Duke Nukem Forever from a participating retailer or purchasing a new copy of Borderlands Game of the Year Edition, you will receive a First Access Club membership key code. You must register your key code through the First Access Club website before you are eligible for any First Access Club content or special offers. You can register your First Access Club code at http://www.dukenukemforever.com/access

The full list of retailers offering First Access Club codes with a Duke Nukem Forever pre-order worldwide can be found here at http://www.dukenukemforever.com/preorder/fulllist.html

*Platform availability and eligibility is subject to local laws and regulations

Highlights:
DLC is worth about $10. No word on what it is. All members of the Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club who have registered their key before the game is available in stores (June 10th in Europe and June 14th in North America) get the DLC

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']DOWNLOADING NOW! Almost came on to make a new thread, this is big news, cant wait to check this out! The site is slammed too.[/QUOTE]

Was thinking the same thing, downloading for PS3 as we speak hope it gets done before i head to bed to test it out for a few.

bread's done
Back