1st Duke Nukem Forever multiplayer downloadable add-on free for 1st Access Members

intoxicated662

CAGiversary!
Feedback
219 (99%)
Got this email a few minutes ago, so check your emails!

Hello First Access Member,

As the launch date for Duke Nukem Forever approaches, we would like to offer a heartfelt thanks to you, the true believers who have already placed your bet on Duke with your pre-order, or Borderlands Game of the Year purchase. As a sign of our appreciation, Gearbox Software and 2K Games are thrilled to present every First Access Club member who has registered as of today the very first Duke Nukem Forever multiplayer downloadable add-on for free!* Surprise! Thank you again for all of your support. We're almost there.

Hail to the King, Baby!

Gearbox Software and 2K Games

Get the latest breaking news, videos, and offers from 2K Games, including more info about Duke Nukem Forever, by clicking here to join the 2K Games Mailing List.

*Platform availability and eligibility is subject to local laws and regulations.

Got my code for Steam, but they apparently didn't think to turn on some bandwidth for the demand. Someone slap the sandwich out of Gabe Newell's hand for me, please.

Nice treat to come home to from X-Men: First Class. Too bad I've got to work in the morning.

@DirkBelig Try changing your download location.

I was expecting the demo to blow me away, but that wasn't the case. You can only hold two weapons at a time and the level design wasn't anything special. It was pretty damn funny though, so I'll give it that.

Just finished the demo. The humor is awesome. Some of the gameplay is not great. Like mentioned you can only hold to weapons which is about what I expected. It did feel clunky at times, but overall it was just awesome to have Duke back.

I like the humor and the controls didn't seem too bad. Things got pretty bad in the second stage with the ugly graphics and some performance issues (360) seems more of a low to mid range title in terms of price right now, but I feel like I'll pay full price regardless since I've been waiting so long for this game.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I like the humor and the controls didn't seem too bad. Things got pretty bad in the second stage with the ugly graphics and some performance issues (360) seems more of a low to mid range title in terms of price right now, but I feel like I'll pay full price regardless since I've been waiting so long for this game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah after the first stage I kinda thought it was over. I was disappointed by how short it was but also left thinking it was pretty damn awesome. Then the second stage loaded up and I got excited again and it was pretty disappointing. The scenery and graphics were pretty terrible and I felt the shotgun was not nearly powerful enough even at close ranges. Overall I think the game could be pretty awesome, I am just not sure if it is worth $60.

Ugh, so I pre-ordered yesterday but never got a preferred platform option. I'm currently stuck with a PC code I can't use because all I have is a dumb old Mac.

If anybody is somehow in the same boat but with a 360 code they can't use, PM me and we'll totally trade those.

so I don't get the multi map becuase my GOTY borderlands was in a box and still sealed due to moving and I haven't had time to dig it out?? Finally dig it out and register a couple hours ago and am all happy... then I come here and become sad. :(

I've bought three copies of Borderlands and DLC (360 & DLC, steam & DLC and GOTY 360), but I'm not allowed a free multi map. :(

Anyone know who I would contact about this?

Just played the demo.

Its the same Demo as the one at Pax East so of course its going to be a bit clunky and choppy. I reallydont expect the final product to be that way.

But all I have to say is AWESOMMME. Waiting 12 years for this and so far it didnt letdown at all.

You can tell the first level was "teaser" They basically laid all the weapons out there for you, made sure you got into a couple firefights etc.

The Duke humor is whats going to make this game but I loved hearing his voice again.

The most exciting thing is that it looks like all the weapons are back. Shrink ray etc. I was worried the freeze gun was gone but it looks from the trailer that was shown after the demo that its indeed there.

I really cant friggin wait.

First a new Mortal Kombat and now a new Duke. Nostalgia all over the place for me. Honestly I just want it to be a decent game. The Duke brand will carry the rest for me.

[quote name='mac101010']@DirkBelig Try changing your download location.[/QUOTE]I shut off PeerBlock and restarted Steam and it came right down.

I was underwhelmed by the demo. For such an old-school title, it seemed too complicated and the gritty graphics even with everything running full tilt just don't cut it, even allowing for the usual excuses. I'm not one of those haters who have been saying it was going to be pointless after 4 6 7 9 11 13 14 years, but I'm having a real, "That's it?", moment now. Definitely going to wait for the inevitable sales.

Free demo Yeeah! I'll try it out later when I get back and check your spam folders just in case, they are sending the demo codes out quickly! By the way, there's a 10% off Duke Merchandise @ shop.gearboxsoftware.com. Use coupon code: GETSUM

Valid June 2-6 2011

I just got my Duke Nukem code for the steam demo.
I am planning to buy it for Ps3 so anyone willing to exchange it for a Ps3 (unused) demo code, please PM me.
Thanks.

[quote name='dstan']Ugh, so I pre-ordered yesterday but never got a preferred platform option. I'm currently stuck with a PC code I can't use
.[/QUOTE]

So wait if you redeem the code now you can only get it for the pc-
you can't choose the demo for the xbox or ps3. That some how doesn't seem right

[quote name='youenvy']So wait if you redeem the code now you can only get it for the pc-
you can't choose the demo for the xbox or ps3. That some how doesn't seem right[/QUOTE]

I had picked PS3 for the demo eariler, got an e-mail that said I need to sign in one more time to get the code, after I logged in to the first access site, I could change/re-confirm the platform before getting the code.

Not sure if you had PC picked if you have the ability to change at the last minute I but definetly did.

Geesh. I don't understand this at all. Could they have made this any more complicated? I mean, granted it's early and everything but should it be this difficult to access a demo?

I am not even going to bother with this. Nothing against the thread, I am just saying, I preordered the game what else do you want from me?

[quote name='voormis']Geesh. I don't understand this at all. Could they have made this any more complicated? I mean, granted it's early and everything but should it be this difficult to access a demo?

I am not even going to bother with this. Nothing against the thread, I am just saying, I preordered the game what else do you want from me?[/QUOTE]

So registering a code you got when you preorder on a site then getting that code the site gives you to put into Steam is complicated? Wow. I'd hate to see what you think impossible is lol

i think they just want to give us a duke nukem game that we can play again...this game won't really break any barriers or be anything out of this world

if you are expecting otherwise, i think you are in for a rude awakening

the demo was definitely "meh" for me; the stadium brought me back to childhood which was nice

[quote name='waldo21212'] got an e-mail that said I need to sign in one more time to get the code, after I logged in to the first access site, I could change/re-confirm the platform before getting the code.

[/QUOTE]

oh ok so if you if you redeem the code today you should still be able to choose the demo in whatever system you want-not forced to be stuck with a pc code.

thanks

Did anyone get a PS3 code?
My preferred platform was ps3 but I got it for PC. I contacted customer support and they told that there is nothing they could do about it.

Now I'm worried that when the free DLC comes out, I'll get a code for PC aswell :(

Tried the demo, not impressed but then again I didn't have high expectations for the game or anything. Friend is buying it so i'll try the retail game with him but the demo wasn't much for me. Controls are sluggish as someone stated, graphics are okay but the best part would be the funny lines of course.

I played the demo again just to re-use the weapons. I think what we are going to end up with is more of a nostalgic simple, modern upgrade to Duke 3d. The weapons and enemies we used to love. And Duke is what really makes the game. Its his character that will always drive it.

I just hope the modern Halo generation of kids can at least enjoy it too.

[quote name='dstan']Ugh, so I pre-ordered yesterday but never got a preferred platform option. I'm currently stuck with a PC code I can't use because all I have is a dumb old Mac.

If anybody is somehow in the same boat but with a 360 code they can't use, PM me and we'll totally trade those.[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to trade! I accidentally got a 360 code email me @ [email protected]

if anyone has an L.a Noire case for the ps3-not the consuls car-that wants to trade for a duke nukem code or bullet storm on live code 360- let me know.

sorry i was going to post it on trades but thought it be easier for people to see it here.

if i don't find a trade in a bit ill just give them away later on tonight or something for sure-but if you could help with the dlc i listed id appreciated.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Free demo Yeeah! I'll try it out later when I get back and check your spam folders just in case, they are sending the demo codes out quickly! By the way, there's a 10% off Duke Merchandise @ shop.gearboxsoftware.com. Use coupon code: GETSUM

Valid June 2-6 2011[/QUOTE]

Interesting I think I might get the LA Detonators hoodie.

Played the Demo for 360 today. Wasnt blown away (but Duke apparently was) but did enjoy it. Its just good to play as Duke again, brought me back to being 12years old again

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Played the Demo for 360 today. Wasnt blown away (but Duke apparently was) but did enjoy it. Its just good to play as Duke again, brought me back to being 12years old again[/QUOTE]
agreed did like the more modern remarks he makes" tonight you dine in hell." or the load screen" think of your ego like a sheild and duck and cover till it recharges

but does anyone think they kinda make it insulting to the gamer a bit. Read some of the tidbits when it loads " when you are being shot at dodge the bullets.

bread's done
Back