2 for $30 at Best Buy (players choice, Platium hits, Greatest hits)[May be DEAD]

Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (GC) is apparently regularly $40 but qualifies for the sale. That's the only particularly good GC deal that I see. The other good news is that you can do in-store pick-up to obviate shipping costs. Now, if I only I could convince myself that Simpsons Hit & Run and Viewtiful Joe were worth $30 ....

Apparently Full Spectrum Warrior and Red Dead Revolver are now Platium Hits for the Xbox. At least thats my understanding. It may need to be confirmed though.

EDIT: Its not showing up on the Bestbuy website but there has been talk that these two games are now Plat Hits.

[quote name='seanw']Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (GC) is apparently regularly $40 but qualifies for the sale. That's the only particularly good GC deal that I see. The other good news is that you can do in-store pick-up to obviate shipping costs. Now, if I only I could convince myself that Simpsons Hit & Run and Viewtiful Joe were worth $30 ....[/quote]

Yeah, but you can't use a giftcard for online orders.

Does anyone know if this deal is B&M too?

[quote name='doubledown']I thought BOTH SIMS games for XBOX were platinum hits? My fiance likes this, but is one really better than the other?[/quote]

The ps2 version of Bustin Out is a GH but I never seen the GC or XBOX get the same package treatment. As for one being better than the other, Bustin' Out has a much better, more involved story mode.

Unfortunatly, the classic 'free mode' is actually a little more restricted than the original (less houses to move your custom characters in, that sorta thing).

[quote name='Xevious']Apparently Full Spectrum Warrior and Red Dead Revolver are now Platium Hits for the Xbox. At least thats my understanding. It may need to be confirmed though.

EDIT: Its not showing up on the Bestbuy website but there has been talk that these two games are now Plat Hits.[/quote]

Yes, Red Dead Revovler has been advertised in the Best Buy Sunday Ad as a Greatest Hits. It is also a Platinum Hits game on XBOX.

[quote name='seanw']Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (GC) is apparently regularly $40 but qualifies for the sale. That's the only particularly good GC deal that I see. The other good news is that you can do in-store pick-up to obviate shipping costs. Now, if I only I could convince myself that Simpsons Hit & Run and Viewtiful Joe were worth $30 ....[/quote]
MOH:RS is a Player's Choice title and retails $19.99 now.

IF this is infact B&M also, you can also get the Tom Clancy Trilogy (regularly $29-39) as part of the deal. It doesn't automatically ring up as part of the deal, but since it says PH on the package, all you have to do is show the ad/flyer/sign to the register person and they will adjust it.
This is assuming that the deal is good in-store as well; and it worked for me the last time they had this deal about 2 months ago.

[quote name='cdeener'][quote name='Xevious']Apparently Full Spectrum Warrior and Red Dead Revolver are now Platium Hits for the Xbox. At least thats my understanding. It may need to be confirmed though.

EDIT: Its not showing up on the Bestbuy website but there has been talk that these two games are now Plat Hits.[/quote]

Yes, Red Dead Revovler has been advertised in the Best Buy Sunday Ad as a Platinum Hits and Greatest Hits.[/quote]

I would definitely consider picking up these 2 games. Thanks.

[quote name='schultzed']What are the chances that they'll actually ring up 2 for $10? ;-)[/quote]

Probably zero, since I'm sure one or more CC people let the BB people know about that little mistake. :D

[quote name='captaincold']Don't forget the $5 off any 2 Players Choice games in the mini "Gamepro BB Magazine".[/quote]

Could someone make a scan of this?

[quote name='javeryh']You can also get VF4:Evo for $10 or 2 for $30... :?:[/quote]

You've just got to love when they include $9.99 games in a 2 for $30 deal. This is even better than the McDonald's "three 99 cent value items for $3" deal a few weeks back. However, even better that the deals are the actual customers who take advantage of them. These are the people that keep big business profitable.

Rising Sun is not $40.. it's 20... you are thinking of the new medal of honor or call to duty.

I've been waiting for this sale for quite a while... now I just have to figure out how to narrow down the list of PS2 games I want to add to my collection. :)

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='schultzed']What are the chances that they'll actually ring up 2 for $10? ;-)[/quote]

Probably zero, since I'm sure one or more CC people let the BB people know about that little mistake. :D[/quote]

Wasn't that fun???

I'm still playing some of those $5 games (esp. Crimson Skies and 007 EON).

Was all set to get Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion.

According to their site, Luigi's Mansion isn't a Player's Choice title.

thanks a lot, Best Buy

Picked up FFX, FFX-2, Jak 2, and Kingdom Hearts on Friday. Thanks OP! My pocketbook is a bit lighter now. I'm still debating whether to add Ratchet & Clank 1 & 2 to my collection.

[quote name='jerfgoke']I can't get this offer to work anymore! Can anyone else confirm whether or not this is now dead?[/quote]

This deal might be dead. I updated the Topic line to let everyone know.

I think the webmaster at Best Buy is doing a sloppy job

bread's done
Back