2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='YBX87']did you like darksiders 2 ?[/QUOTE]
I haven't opened it yet actually. I wanna try playing through SD first. Then I'll likely try doing speed runs through DS II and P2.

[quote name='happozai']I went to Long Island City TRU today morning, employee told me one guy bought more than 30 pcs Sleeping Dogs AM,DSII yesterday.
employee didn't want to sell everything,but manager let him to buy them all.
A hole manager[/QUOTE]

That guy has to be a dealer cause the game costs more from a wholesale vendor. That guy buys it from TRU puts it in his store and sells it for $60 makes more money than buying it from a wholesale vendor.

[quote name='happozai']I went to Long Island City TRU today morning, employee told me one guy bought more than 30 pcs Sleeping Dogs AM,DSII yesterday.
employee didn't want to sell everything,but manager let him to buy them all.
A hole manager[/QUOTE]

Damn... must be a huge TRU. I know for a fact my store has only gotten four copies of Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II TOTAL and those were the copies shipped to them for release.

[quote name='TooPoor']I always assumed the flippers use mostly CL? You know, with eBay raping sellers and all...[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but why would one buy a game on CL at almost retail when you can avoid the risks, hassle and just buy one from a game store?

To make any profit worth while on this, they are going to have to sell it for $50. If they sell it for say $40 then they are making a little less than $10 per game if you include tax. Not really worth the agony of traveling to meet with a CL buyer, which also includes gas costs making your profit lower.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For those on the fence about this promotion and which games to get, GET SLEEPING DOGS. I played it for around an hour or two straight earlier and didn't wanna stop playing to grab a bite to eat.:D

It's like a mix of GTA(open world feel) and Arkham City/Arkham Asylum(combat controls) thus far and I am absolutely loving this game.

There is some trial and error till you get down the timing for the counters just like with B: AC/B: AA, but once you get that down you'll be kicking the asses of whole gangs of enemies Jackie Chan style in no time.;)

Either way, check out the cast list at IMDB.com. Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2241982/fullcredits#cast

Albeit I don't recognize most of them offhand, but at least three stuck out to me: Robin Shou(Liu Kang from the 90's Mortal Kombat movies), Lucy Liu(Charlie's Angels, etc:D) and Emma Motherfuckin' Stone.:shock::drool::drool:[/QUOTE]

Jet Li's Rise to Honor. That's all I ever have to say about this game

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Maybe, but why would one buy a game on CL at almost retail when you can avoid the risks, hassle and just buy one from a game store?

To make any profit worth while on this, they are going to have to sell it for $50. If they sell it for say $40 then they are making a little less than $10 per game if you include tax. Not really worth the agony of traveling to meet with a CL buyer, which also includes gas costs making your profit lower.[/QUOTE]
Use this for your avatar.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Albeit I don't recognize most of them offhand, but at least three stuck out to me: Robin Shou(Liu Kang from the 90's Mortal Kombat movies), Lucy Liu(Charlie's Angels, etc:D) and Emma Motherfuckin' Stone.:shock::drool::drool:[/QUOTE]
If you don't recognize Edison Chen then it means you are not an international pervert :lol:

[quote name='TooPoor']If you don't recognize Edison Chen then it means you are not an international pervert :lol:[/QUOTE]
I guess not.:cry: It's like when GTA went all unknown people for San Andreas except for Samuel Motherfuckin' Jackson. I had no idea who the fuck most of the other people in the other parts were.

I mean, I recognized some of the voices, but having the lead being played by someone who was relatively unknown kinda threw me after the all star parade that was Vice City.

Okay guys have to semi vent and give everyone a laugh. Slightly long story.

First off, did this deal for myself and for a friend at best buy, no issues and have been enjoying Sleeping Dogs, putting in six hours yesterday. Tonight I'm out of town at a walmart where I have some friends who work at, and they're there tonight. I bring up the 2/$60 deal and they offered to do it no questions asked, but needed manager approval since the discount was so steep.

They page the manager, no one comes. Page the manager again, still no one comes. We decide to take a walk around and look for her and find her up front... And this is where I knew I'd have a tough time. The manager is in an argument with a customer over some nonsense. My friend let's her know we need her for the override and we head back to electronics.

Manager comes, I pull up my phone to show the mobile TRU ad. Immediately she states "this isn't the same game". Huh? She states Sleeping Dogs is okay but Darksiders II cannot be done because I'm not showing her the same game. I'm totally lost at first then she mentions the "free DLC" logo, then jumps to "you have a PS3 game and the ad shows 360". My friend at this point sticks up for me and she gets very sturn with them and states "you agree with me right"? I feel like I'm talking to a child at this point and tell her of course the sales are always for both consoles, to which she replied that I had to show her proof. I load the full site, search for the title instead of pulling the ad, and sure enough there it is showing both versions for the deal.

In the end she rings me up then pulls down some signage taped to the pole "you don't have to have an ad but you must be matching an identical version, you didn't show me the identical item at first".

tldr: nincompoop manager knew she was wrong and still tried to fight me even after I had proof.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For those on the fence about this promotion and which games to get, GET SLEEPING DOGS. I played it for around an hour or two straight earlier and didn't wanna stop playing to grab a bite to eat.:D

It's like a mix of GTA(open world feel) and Arkham City/Arkham Asylum(combat controls) thus far and I am absolutely loving this game.

There is some trial and error till you get down the timing for the counters just like with B: AC/B: AA, but once you get that down you'll be kicking the asses of whole gangs of enemies Jackie Chan style in no time.;)

Either way, check out the cast list at IMDB.com. Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2241982/fullcredits#cast

Albeit I don't recognize most of them offhand, but at least three stuck out to me: Robin Shou(Liu Kang from the 90's Mortal Kombat movies), Lucy Liu(Charlie's Angels, etc:D) and Emma Motherfuckin' Stone.:shock::drool::drool:[/QUOTE]DUDE, don't forget Tom Wilkinson...:hot:

I think SD has a more Jet Li-feel in its combat system than Jackie Chan, but maybe that's just me. ;)

[quote name='Romeo']Okay guys have to semi vent and give everyone a laugh. Slightly long story.

First off, did this deal for myself and for a friend at best buy, no issues and have been enjoying Sleeping Dogs, putting in six hours yesterday. Tonight I'm out of town at a walmart where I have some friends who work at, and they're there tonight. I bring up the 2/$60 deal and they offered to do it no questions asked, but needed manager approval since the discount was so steep.

They page the manager, no one comes. Page the manager again, still no one comes. We decide to take a walk around and look for her and find her up front... And this is where I knew I'd have a tough time. The manager is in an argument with a customer over some nonsense. My friend let's her know we need her for the override and we head back to electronics.

Manager comes, I pull up my phone to show the mobile TRU ad. Immediately she states "this isn't the same game". Huh? She states Sleeping Dogs is okay but Darksiders II cannot be done because I'm not showing her the same game. I'm totally lost at first then she mentions the "free DLC" logo, then jumps to "you have a PS3 game and the ad shows 360". My friend at this point sticks up for me and she gets very sturn with them and states "you agree with me right"? I feel like I'm talking to a child at this point and tell her of course the sales are always for both consoles, to which she replied that I had to show her proof. I load the full site, search for the title instead of pulling the ad, and sure enough there it is showing both versions for the deal.

In the end she rings me up then pulls down some signage taped to the pole "you don't have to have an ad but you must be matching an identical version, you didn't show me the identical item at first".

tldr: nincompoop manager knew she was wrong and still tried to fight me even after I had proof.[/QUOTE]

The ad says PS3 and Xbox. It's under the photos. She probably couldn't see it because it was on your phone. That doesn't give her the right to be a jerk.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Just got back from my bestbuy. Did a trade in on some games and asked if they would price match on the Toys R us deal. Guy said sure, and just called over the manager to authorize it. Made it sound like they were doing it a lot for what its worth. This was the Tucson Mall best buy in Tucson.

Long story short happy to get my sleeping dogs and darksiders 2.[/QUOTE]

Hey a CAGer in Tucson! Thats the same BB I go to, the one over on broadway is way too far of a drive unless its something very limited that im after. Good to know the guys at that location are honoring the deal. Ive honestly never had a problem having them price match anything, theyve always been really great.

I find it kind of odd that DS2 and Sleeping Dogs both went OOS almost immediately after the deal went live but other recent releases like Amazing Spiderman and NCAA 13 and even a game like COD MW3 that has held its value are still in stock. You know the hardcore resellers can still make money buying those for $30 and reselling for $40+.

I guess that tells me that TRU never had much stock of either Darksiders 2 or Sleeping Dogs to begin with.

I personally have been loving NCAA 13. I'm glad it was part of the deal, because I'm not sure I'd have gotten it otherwise. Can't really explain why, but I like it alot better than 12.

Darksiders II on the other hand.....
Didn't care for it, so I'm not going to put any more time into it. Back to Best Buy.

[quote name='TooPoor']If you don't recognize Edison Chen then it means you are not an international pervert :lol:[/QUOTE]
I had to LOL at this because it was funny if you knew what this guy got caught in. Poor guy, but never liked him. He has pervert look all over his face anyway. Over rated in every sense.

He was also in The Dark Knight. He was the receptionist in the HK building when Lucious went to visit the Chinese money launderer.

Now back on topic... got shot down for an offer match at Best Buy store in Noho. I'll be working my way up and hopefully my go to store in Chelsea will match it. If not then I hope I find something I want in the TRU in Times Square.

I've got almost $200 in shopkick certs to use towards this promo. They will work at both TRU and BB since they are both participating vendors. Score!

Who has had luck in which BB stores in Manhattan?

After being denied at Allen Park MI BB I was able to get the TRU price match at Westland MI BB. The video game rep called over that manager and he couldn't be a nicer guy.

[quote name='squishface']just checking to make sure i was reading this correctly, can I get the 2 for 60 deal for sd and ds2 online from toysrus ?[/QUOTE]

You could except they have been out of stock since Sunday morning

Order from Sunday still hasn't shipped. Glad I was able to pm at BB for SD and DS2 so I can play through one of these games before Borderlands 2 comes out. Tried to cancel my order on Monday, but their system only lets you do so within the first hour of ordering :/ So whenever these games show up, they are being returned to my local TRU.

So glad I ordered Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs as soon as this deal went live. Now patiently waiting for my order to arrive.

i went to my TRU and got the last ps3 darksiders II and nabbed a 360 darksiders II thats now on craigslist. hopefully i can get $45 for it there and once i plat the ps3 one, ill dump that on gamestop.

My local TRU (Redlands, CA) didn't have Sleeping Dogs in stock, but I got the local Best Buy to PM. So I picked up Sleeping Dogs and my friend picked up Modern Warfare 3.

Got Darksiders 2 and Max Payne 3 here in New Castle, DE TRU. I saw plenty of copies of both Darksiders 2 for both PS3 and X360 :D but sadly no PS3 Sleeping Dogs :cry: but plenty for 360 which sadly I no longer have a 360. on the first day of the deal I got Batman Arkham City which I hope happens to be the GOTY version and Prototype 2 which I am most excited to play. :bouncy:

[quote name='jgiovanni']Anyone tried to pricematch at the Best Buy in Woodbridge NJ?[/QUOTE]
Yes. No dice. There weren't any copies of Darksiders 2 at the TRU right next to that Best Buy either, for what it's worth.

Good day today! Picked up the LE darksiders 2 with slipcover and sleeping dogs w/st.pierre dlc. Had to trade in both of my copies of forza 4 to cut it fo $10 out of pocket at best buy but with horizon coming out me and my fiancee felt it was a great deal. The Tucson mall location of bb had at least 10 ds2 copies for Xbox as of 2pm.

I posted a mini review of :ps3:Sleeping Dogs on CAG in case anyone wants to read my initial thoughts on the game. The only thing annoying me about it as of now is the security camera password/hacking mini game. Otherwise I'm having an absolute blast with the game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I posted a mini review of :ps3:Sleeping Dogs on CAG in case anyone wants to read my initial thoughts on the game. The only thing annoying me about it as of now is the security camera password/hacking mini game. Otherwise I'm having an absolute blast with the game.[/QUOTE]

What don't you like about the mini game? It's basically The Price Is Right.

[quote name='Romeo']What don't you like about the mini game? It's basically The Price Is Right.[/QUOTE]
I usually start out with 0123, then look to see if I got any right and if I did then it's trial and error till you get them into the right spots. Usually by then I'm out of chances to try hacking it.

Then the next time you try it the code needed to hack it is different.:whistle2:# So you gotta start from scratch.:cry:

Just got an email from TRU with a $10 coupon for me, and one for a friend. They are only valid on 9/6 and only on purchases over $50. Should be able to use this with the 2/$60 deal, right? Hope so, that would make this deal even sweeter.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I usually start out with 0123, then look to see if I got any right and if I did then it's trial and error till you get them into the right spots. Usually by then I'm out of chances to try hacking it.

Then the next time you try it the code needed to hack it is different.:whistle2:# So you gotta start from scratch.:cry:[/QUOTE]

You must not be good at puzzles. I've never once failed those.

Why did a choose PS3 over 360? I killed it on Monday but haven't played much since, haven't had the time.

[quote name='aspen1284']Just got an email from TRU with a $10 coupon for me, and one for a friend. They are only valid on 9/6 and only on purchases over $50. Should be able to use this with the 2/$60 deal, right? Hope so, that would make this deal even sweeter.[/QUOTE]

Coupons always exclude video games now.

[quote name='prim4444']Coupons always exclude video games now.[/QUOTE]

Since when? The last $5 coupon worked on anything.

[quote name='Romeo']Since when? The last $5 coupon worked on anything.[/QUOTE]

For over a year now maybe. Check the exclusions on the bottom of the coupon. Video games are always listed. The last $5 coupon was an exception, something you won't see too often.

[quote name='thashadow911']I did a PM with the physical ad at BB. They didn't even call to verify stock.[/QUOTE]
In my experience if you get an employee to do a PM, they will check stock and everything before they call over the manager. I usually just go straight to the gaming manager that sees me all the time and he will PM it through for me without checking stock. He did tell me that he will get in trouble if he does too much PMs so I only do the ymmv PMs with him and the straightforward ones with the employees at customer service. :cool:

first timer, poppin' my cherry..

i seen this thread and immediately went to local ToysRus in Vermont. They only had 2 copies of Sleeping Dogs and about 4 Darksiders II.

i grabbed Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II, so thanks everyone! from the thread creator to the person who posted the AD Early it helped a lot, as i didn't waste money days prior to the sale.

bread's done
Back