2 Free game rentals at Redbox (Exp 8/1/2012) (New code expires 7/16)

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Update: There's a new code for another rental, expires July 16th (use to be June 16th but they changed it. Possible to get a 2nd code with this). Unconfirmed if you can use both codes on the same credit card

[quote name='louiedog']I went to the movies today and there was a Redbox ad before showtime. Text "screen" without quotes to the same number (727272). I got a code that expires on the 16th for my first night rental. I assume I can use it on the same account as the tryus code, but haven't checked for sure.

I don't know if it's worth creating a new thread or if the OP wants to update this one as it's still going on.[/QUOTE]

----------------

Original:

This is a new offer separate from the other Redbox thread.

Text "tryus" to 727272. 1 unique code to rent for 1 night. Expires 8/1/2012 11:59 PM CST

1 code per phone. Must be a mobile phone (not Google Voice)

Some tips:

-Check availability of games online before you head out: https://www.redbox.com/games. Not every game is rented out at Redbox. You can aslo download an app for iOS if you want to check on the go

-You CANNOT reserve the game online with the code. The code must be redeemed physically at the Redbox kiosk.

-To maximize rental period, rent your game at 12:01 AM at your time zone. The game will be due the following night at 9:00 PM. You will effectively have nearly 2 days for 1 free rental period. If you don't return the game by 9:00 PM, you'll be charged $2.00 + tax

Games coming soon for rental:

June 5th - Madagascar 3 (PS3/Wii/Xbox 360), DreamWorks Super Star Kartz (Wii)
June 12th - Epic Mickey (Wii)
June 26th - The Amazing Spider-Man (X360/Wii)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EYEL1NER']The only Redbox in town that had Max Payne had gotten hit up before I got there.
The codes from the past couple days and today mark the first time I have ever tried Redbox and from what I have seen, the games are cleared out at any given RB location.[/QUOTE]

Get online or use the app to reserve the game so when you leave it's still there.

As with all offers like this, it's a good idea to text STOP to the number after you get your code to remove your number from any possible lists.

[quote name='Finch106']Get online or use the app to reserve the game so when you leave it's still there.[/QUOTE]

If you reserve it you can't use a code

[quote name='yourlefthand']If you reserve it you can't use a code[/QUOTE]

Really? Well that sort of sucks. But then again one time I reserved a movie and when I got to the RB the screen was smashed. I had to call Redbox to get a refund. It wasn't too bad, but was a bit of a pain.

[quote name='Wario64']Max Payne 3 only took me about 10-11 hours on hard, of course ymmv

Get the PS3 version or else you won't get the full game

X360 version only has half of the single player + multiplayer[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was going to ask (MP3's length). Looks like I'll be pulling an all-nighter (if I can even get it this weekend).

Online game codes are killing red box for me. Im guessing that's why Starhawk is nowhere to be found.

IMO this is hurting game sales more than help. I wouldve bought it if I liked it. Now ill never know, at least until it drops to $20 ;D

[quote name='enemyofusall']Thanks op, unfortunately my kiosks have like two games haha[/QUOTE]

Yeah, gotta say I was excited to see this, but then thought about how poor of a selection Redbox has when it comes to games. Not sure why they even bother to rent them. There's a bunch of new games out that I'd like to try, like Starhawk, or even not so new ones like Kingdoms of Amalur. But no go.

Oh well, might give the new Ghost Recon a try.

[quote name='panda911']Do either max Payne or ghost recon have an online pass?[/QUOTE]

Max Payne 3 doesn't, Ghost Recon does but Redbox says you can play when you activate Uplay. It's probably a 48 hour trial.

Redbox is pretty good at telling you if a game has an online pass or not if you check their listings online

[quote name='awp']Yeah, gotta say I was excited to see this, but then thought about how poor of a selection Redbox has when it comes to games. Not sure why they even bother to rent them. There's a bunch of new games out that I'd like to try, like Starhawk, or even not so new ones like Kingdoms of Amalur. But no go.

Oh well, might give the new Ghost Recon a try.[/QUOTE]

I just posted the reason...

[quote name='Wario64']Max Payne 3 doesn't, Ghost Recon does but Redbox says you can play when you activate Uplay. It's probably a 48 hour trial.

Redbox is pretty good at telling you if a game has an online pass or not if you check their listings online[/QUOTE]
its 3 days i know this because i did that with assassins creed r

[quote name='sukTHEfac']I just posted the reason...[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, there is the whole online pass crap, but they still rent games with a major online component like MW3 and Twisted Metal.

Starhawk still has a single player campaign....and a lot of reason why I rent games is to see if I like them at all before shelling out $60. The SP at least gives you something to go by.

Also, Kingdoms of Amalur is a single player game.

I think even without the online stuff, Redbox just gets only a few big titles and nothing else. Safer for them, but not going to attract hardcore gamers on a regular basis.

First time using red box thanks op quick and easy picked up Ghost Recon. btw the game requires a uplay pass to play multiplayer, but you can play it you just can't advance pass lv 5 online.

Just a word of warning if you plan to rent Max Payne 3, don't get the Xbox version as it's 2 discs and Red Box only has the 1st disc, which is about 3 hours of singleplayer, but it does have the multiplayer for you to try out. I chatted with Red Box and they refunded my rental so I could pick up the PS3 version.

Also, really glad I rented Ghost Recon as the game is crap imo, GRAW1&2 are so much better.

Worked again for me today on a second phone, good deal OP.

Ghost Recon has an online pass, but the single player is quite enjoyable. Better than BF3's in my opinion.

I went to the movies today and there was a Redbox ad before showtime. Text "screen" without quotes to the same number (727272). I got a code that expires on the 16th for my first night rental. I assume I can use it on the same account as the tryus code, but haven't checked for sure.

I don't know if it's worth creating a new thread or if the OP wants to update this one as it's still going on.

[quote name='louiedog']I went to the movies today and there was a Redbox ad before showtime. Text "screen" without quotes to the same number (727272). I got a code that expires on the 16th for my first night rental. I assume I can use it on the same account as the tryus code, but haven't checked for sure.

I don't know if it's worth creating a new thread or if the OP wants to update this one as it's still going on.[/QUOTE]

Err, nevermind my pre-edit message

Just tried it and it gave me another code for a free game rental. Maybe someone can test if they can use both codes on the same credit card.

I'll add it to the OP, thanks

June 26th - The Amazing Spider-Man (X360/Wii)

common redbox put some ps3 games dammit why the wii

[quote name='Wario64']Err, nevermind my pre-edit message

Just tried it and it gave me another code for a free game rental. Maybe someone can test if they can use both codes on the same credit card.

I'll add it to the OP, thanks[/QUOTE]

You will be able to 99.9% as they are individual codes, it's one code per CC as in the "breakroom" code for example.
Thanks for posting I had forgotten to use my 1st one they send me movie codes and $.50 codes all the time via txt/email.

EDIT: damn just noticed that was a nine day old post I replied to lol

hmm if i were to rent a game, do i have to return the game back to that specific kiosk? or could i return it at a different location?

[quote name='ken9']hmm if i were to rent a game, do i have to return the game back to that specific kiosk? or could i return it at a different location?[/QUOTE]
any location

Didn't work for me. Texted it and subscribed and it confirmed everything...except it never texted me back a code. Talked to 2 customer service reps who played stupid and wasnt aware of any such promotion.

Redbox failure

Didnt work for me. Sent the text and was confirmed subscribed to GAME mobile but was never sent a code. Talked to three reps who didnt know about this promo...the last one gave me a code for a dvd rental, which would take $1.20 off the day.

Not really a game rental though...

Redbox fail

Got both codes! Looking forward to giving it a try - just need them to stock a game I actually want to play.

bread's done
Back