2 Free game rentals at Redbox (Exp 8/1/2012) (New code expires 7/16)

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Update: There's a new code for another rental, expires July 16th (use to be June 16th but they changed it. Possible to get a 2nd code with this). Unconfirmed if you can use both codes on the same credit card

[quote name='louiedog']I went to the movies today and there was a Redbox ad before showtime. Text "screen" without quotes to the same number (727272). I got a code that expires on the 16th for my first night rental. I assume I can use it on the same account as the tryus code, but haven't checked for sure.

I don't know if it's worth creating a new thread or if the OP wants to update this one as it's still going on.[/QUOTE]

----------------

Original:

This is a new offer separate from the other Redbox thread.

Text "tryus" to 727272. 1 unique code to rent for 1 night. Expires 8/1/2012 11:59 PM CST

1 code per phone. Must be a mobile phone (not Google Voice)

Some tips:

-Check availability of games online before you head out: https://www.redbox.com/games. Not every game is rented out at Redbox. You can aslo download an app for iOS if you want to check on the go

-You CANNOT reserve the game online with the code. The code must be redeemed physically at the Redbox kiosk.

-To maximize rental period, rent your game at 12:01 AM at your time zone. The game will be due the following night at 9:00 PM. You will effectively have nearly 2 days for 1 free rental period. If you don't return the game by 9:00 PM, you'll be charged $2.00 + tax

Games coming soon for rental:

June 5th - Madagascar 3 (PS3/Wii/Xbox 360), DreamWorks Super Star Kartz (Wii)
June 12th - Epic Mickey (Wii)
June 26th - The Amazing Spider-Man (X360/Wii)

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked fine for me a couple of minutes ago. They send you two text messages. The first has the code, the second asks to confirm you subscription to GAMES. You shouldn't get a message confirming your subscription unless you respond to this second message...
Edit: referring to the screen code.

I believe you can use these codes on movies too if you want to. Should act like a $2 off coupon from what I read on Slickdeals

I just got the "screen" code thats good till 7/16 and about 10 minutes later I got a second code that was good for today only! The second text said "here is another code for a free game rental"

[quote name='halokilla91']I just got the "screen" code thats good till 7/16 and about 10 minutes later I got a second code that was good for today only! The second text said "here is another code for a free game rental"[/QUOTE]

So the second one doesn't have a time restriction? In that case, I think I'll wait until I'm standing in front of the kiosk with Max Payne 3 available before texting.

Looking forward to trying this out. Thanks Wario!

[quote name='eLefAdEr']So the second one doesn't have a time restriction?[/QUOTE]

No, the extra one they sent me was for a "one day" rental and expired tonight (6/11).

Didnt work for me. Sent the text and was confirmed subscribed to GAME mobile but was never sent a code. Talked to three reps who didnt know about this promo...the last one gave me a code for a dvd rental, which would take $1.20 off the day.

Not really a game rental though...

Redbox fail

[quote name='thefinal87']Ugh, why is there no Spider-Man for PS3?!?![/QUOTE]

Yeah, this sucks. Not seeing the ps3 version on the redbox website.

Thanks OP, got the first code a while ago and used it last week for Future Soldier, which I rushed through to complete, possibly taking some of the fun out, but still not bad for free :D Was also surprised to to be able to play online to get a few more achievements, than I originally though would be possible ;) Will probably get Amazing Spider-Man soon too, though I will wait a few days to see impressions of how long it takes to beat.

bread's done
Back