$20 Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (best buy)

PM'd the last one at Walmart at apparently my BB is out of em, so that made me have a sense of urgency. Now kinda on the fence on keeping...it's just $20, but...we'll see.

For the people who are price matching at Target and Walmart, what did you use?  The sales paper in my area does not show ni no kuni as being on sale. 

For the people who are price matching at Target and Walmart, what did you use? The sales paper in my area does not show ni no kuni as being on sale.
I went to the Customer Service (Guest Services in Target's world IIRC) desk at Target, asked for a price match of Ni No Kuni on Best Buy's website. They radio up electronics. Electronics brings the game up to Customer Service desk. CS rings ya up, and ya go on your merry way.

Man this is awesome. Was gonna buy this today from gamestop for $30 but they had no more copies. Thank you based Best Buy

Last edited by a moderator:
The last 2 times I went to my Target to get something PM, they were able to do it at Electronics. The guy just asked me to show him the price on my phone and punched it in. I guess it wasn't over the limit that an employee could authorize the PM ($10 in this case for Ni No Kumi).

The last 2 times I went to my Target to get something PM, they were able to do it at Electronics. The guy just asked me to show him the price on my phone and punched it in. I guess it wasn't over the limit that an employee could authorize the PM ($10 in this case for Ni No Kumi).
Are you serious?

On my way to target the damn thing went unavailable for shipping again and I didnt even fucking bother to try and PM because they never do when its out of stock or back ordered. And they always say it has to be done at guest services. FML

Well picked up what looked like the last copy in town for 15 bucks after a RZ cert

Went quick it seemed like too, three best buys had available now in store check that are now all unavailable

Is this in-store as well? I just bought Ni No Kuni at Best Buy last Wednesday for $30, I wanna see if I can get a price exchange. It's still unopen, I haven't got around to it yet. I've been too focused playing Shin Megami Tensei 4.

If you love a great JRPG, I recommend you think twice about picking this up. Once the novelty of the art style wears off you're left with a barebones experience that has little to offer. 

I wanted to love this game, but I just couldn't. 

I managed to snag a copy in store. Pretty sure some employees were trying to horde them for themselves as it was nowhere to be found, I grabbed someone (randomly happened to be a manager) and showed him that the site showed it was available, he checked the computer and said they had two copies left. When he grabbed the guy who worked the games dept he just smiled and acted like he had no idea and walked off. The manager went to the back and a few moments later came out and handed it to me.

hopefully amazon price match this :bouncy:
yeah, that's my only hope now as I was in class all weekend and missed it at BB. My Target has been a bit harder to PM lately (i.e. Kirby) so that will be my last resort as there are no local copies at BB now.

Turns out my local store had a pre-owned copy. Rang up for $24.99 but the cashier reduced it to $17.99 after I showed her the sale price. Score!

was able to PM at target. took awhile tho cause the lady didnt know what she was doing. making sure to follow all the protocols because it was 10$ price difference which was too much difference according to target. I didnt have any trouble at all when i price matched 2 games at 40$ each to 20$ each last time i PMed at target. must be a new policy or something. store only had 1-2 copies left when i went.

your best bet is to price match at target, chances of you finding a new copy of ni no kuni at your store is slim to none by now. or you can wait for a used copy of it to go on sale at bestbuy.

my local BBY showed none in stock until I actually went to the store. Saw about 5 of them sitting on the shelf.
Same for me. My BBY was showing online that it was sold out, but I went there anyway to look for NFS: Most Wanted (Vita).. which I couldn't find, but I did get the last copy of Ni No Kuni that was left on the shelf.

I picked this up Sunday morning. It was the only one in stock. I've been playing for the last 2 days and absolutely love it. Its not usually my cup of tea, but this is great. 

How do I submit a price match to amazon?

Go to the bottom of the page on the product description on Amazon; it says something like "tell us about a lower price".

My order is backordered on Ni No Kuni. Anyone in same boat as I am? I did get an estimate delivery date of Aug 8 - 19. You guys think the order will process? Or should I not get my hopes up?

Not sure why all of ya'lls best buys are out of it for in store pickup, but ordered it yesterday and picked it up today at mine.

Will eventually get around to playing it, been picking up ps3 exclusives lately since I just recently decided to actually use my ps3 for games

I currently don't live close to a best buy so I tried to price match at walmart but they didn't have it. So I got home and was about to send something to amazon but I noticed I could get shipping.

I bought it immediately because this has been on my list since it came out. Shortly thereafter I got a back order email saying it will arrive sometime in August.

I'm not holding my breathe just because I had this happen a long time ago, but I hope best buy isn't as bad at filling those orders.

Either way considering they emailed me and it said no shipping, eh, I'm trying to cheat the system so, meh, whatever, if it doesn't work out.

Went to my local BestBuy to see if they had any in store (I don't really trust the stock checker).  But they didn't have any.  I did find a last copy of Tank!Tank!Tank! though, which was nice since I happened to have my coupon with me.  

Anyways, sent the price match to Amazon.  Hope it goes through, and if not, we tried right?

bread's done
Back