20% off coupon for DeepDiscount.com - 06/06/08 to 06/22/08, Extended to 06/29/08

Is it buy.com that's charging me tax on my purchase because I live in CA? I know buy.com is located in CA, but I'm buying through deepdiscount which is located in... IL I think. If they weren't charging me tax, I would be abusing GCO a lot more...

As is I picked up Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society (the steelbook) for 10.85 shipped. Decent, I guess, though I actually didn't even want to pay that much for it.

Finally decided on an order. Ordered Bebop Perfect Sessions, Bebop movie, GITS, GITS 2: Innocence, GITS: SSS Steelbook and Princess Mononoke. All but Bebop movie and Mononoke were showing up in-stock. We'll see what happens over time.

Picked up The Good Shepard HD-DVD as my (most likely) last order of the sale. On standard/free shipping, onesie, twosie orders go via USPS Priority or First Class for me, so I expect it will get here pretty quick once it gets sent out (although this one says "direct from manufacturer" and might take a different route).

For the free shipping, DDD ships heavy/bulk orders via USPS Media Mail and it takes an insanely long time. For me especially, because the thing goes by boat after sitting in transit facilities for god knows how long. Hopefully, I'll get my original order in early next month. Sometimes it worth it to make smaller orders and use up more of the codes. :p

Went ahead and did a last minute order on George Romero's Dead series. I felt it was probably best to get it now than wait around till November or never get it all.

[quote name='Justin42']How did Live Search work for you? I've placed 2 orders using it but never have gotten any sign that the order worked to get the discounts-- did you get any confirmation at any point that it was working?[/quote]

Yup, what neonglow said. It took a couple hours for the e-mail to pop up, but it came up showing my discount about the time the e-mail from DDD.com came up. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you unless maybe you waited too long. I think when I signed up for cashback it said you had to finish your order within 1 hour of being sent to the site from the Live Search page.

DDD does their 20% off like 2-3 times a year and that's pretty much it as far as coupons. Next one will probably be around Thanksgiving/Christmas.

Well I'm kind of pissed now... one of my orders that I put in during the second week of this still hasn't gotten here yet, and it shipped over 2 weeks ago. On Tuesday I got in an order I put in less than a week before that (normally orders take 2 weeks to get to me, I was surprised when it was my last order). I'll give them until Monday, but after that I'm sending an email asking if they have a clue where the hell it is, and the worst part is was my most expensive order during this thing.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Well I'm kind of pissed now... one of my orders that I put in during the second week of this still hasn't gotten here yet, and it shipped over 2 weeks ago. On Tuesday I got in an order I put in less than a week before that (normally orders take 2 weeks to get to me, I was surprised when it was my last order). I'll give them until Monday, but after that I'm sending an email asking if they have a clue where the hell it is, and the worst part is was my most expensive order during this thing.[/QUOTE]

I ordered Planet Earth Blu ray, and was shipped on June 25th. Haven't received anything yet but I talked to a very nice customer representative asking if they could help since it's been nearly 3 weeks since it left their warehouse.

She said for me call her back on Wednesday if I still hadn't received it and they'll send out another copy. Even got her extension so I can do a direct call. Yay for wonderful customer service! :applause:

bread's done
Back