20% off coupon for DeepDiscount.com - 06/06/08 to 06/22/08, Extended to 06/29/08

How do you get Google Checkout to work more than once? I have used before a while ago and now every time I try my order gets canceled. I've tried new e-mails each time but I guess I must be missing something. If anyone can help it would be great. Thanks.

1 HVD001915 DVD : PLAYTIME (CRITERION) $ 20.71
Backorder
1 HVD001951 DVD : NAKED CITY (CRITERION), THE $ 20.70
In-stock

Merchandise Total: $ 41.41

Tax: $ .00

Shipping & Processing: $ .00

Total for this Order: $ 41.41

Just placed my first (and possibly only order)

John Adams for 27.91.

Thanks for posting Cheapy, I almost forget to look for the sale this year.

[quote name='gunm']Their free shipping is generally via USPS media mail which can take a very long time.[/quote]

It's not just the media mail aspect. They must take forever to process the order, and possibly ship it out after they say it's been shipped. I love DD, but I can order other things from anywhere else media rate and it'll always be quicker than DD (aside from Dealextreme shipping out from China :)

ordered

Quantity Item # Description Price Status
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
1 LGE021565 BLR : WAITING $ 17.06 Backorder
1 MCA031955 HDD : DAZED & CONFUSED $ 9.58 Backorder
1 TWC079501 HDD : LUCKY NUMBER SLEVIN $ 6.39 Backorder
1 WBD011940 DVD : NHL PHILADELPHIA FLYERS GRE $ 28.29 In-stock
1 WBD018626 HDD : FULL METAL JACKET (DE) $ 12.58 Backorder
1 WBD080925 HDD : BLAZING SADDLES $ 12.58 In-stock

only Blazing Saddles and the Philadelphia Flyers greatest games has shipped

[quote name='Gorge']Shit, this sale and the BN.com sale are raping my wallet

From DDD:

Beavis and Butthead Mike Judge Collection $42
Eternal Sunshine HD-DVD $9.40

BN.com:

Muppet Show Season 1-3 = $56 (ridiculously good price)[/QUOTE]

im looking at the bn sale and its coming up as 62 non member price for me.

[quote name='DualDisorder']I was all set to pick up another batch of movies but I'm still waiting on my last shipment, that was shipped on May 28th. Their shipping has never been this bad before for me.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it is taking about 3 weeks for me to get my orders in CA from them anymore-- it's pretty ridiculous but as long as I still get them I'm happy. I just wonder what kind of shipping they're using since no other retailer (or Ebayer), even using Media Mail or some sort of mail innovations (DHL/UPS/etc) is anywhere NEAR this slow.

Quantity Item # Description Price Status
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
1 MBI000582 DVD : RUROUNI KENSHIN TV SERIES-1 $ 33.51 Backorder
1 MBI006027 DVD : RUROUNI KENSHIN TV SERIES-2 $ 47.88 Backorder

Merchandise Total: $ 81.39
Tax: $ 6.31
Shipping & Processing: $ .00

Total for this Order: $ 87.70

Last order finally bit on these

Well I just made four orders... hopefully I can resist buying more crap

G GUNDAM 1 - $30
G GUNDAM 2 - $32
GUNDAM ZETA 1 - $30
GUNDAM ZETA 2 - $30
HARVEY BIRDMAN 1 - $11 Backorder
HARVEY BIRDMAN 2 - $11
MONTY PYTHON FLYING CIRCUS - $55
Shin Chan - $25 Backorder
Samurai X - $47 Backorder
RAMBO BR - $15
RAMBO III BR - $16
Shinobi -$14
Rurouni Kenshin 1 - $42
Rurouni Kenshin 2 - $60

Total $418 - I probably spent too much on the Gundam ones and maybe Rurouni Kenshine :whistle2:x

[quote name='Kerig']It's not just the media mail aspect. They must take forever to process the order, and possibly ship it out after they say it's been shipped. I love DD, but I can order other things from anywhere else media rate and it'll always be quicker than DD (aside from Dealextreme shipping out from China :)[/quote]

Indeed. It took three weeks for a DD order to get to me after it was supposedly processed. I mean, media mail is slow, but not that slow. Maybe...maybe...during the holidays, but the order in question was around April or May.

[quote name='fillican']Well I just made four orders... hopefully I can resist buying more crap

G GUNDAM 1 - $30
G GUNDAM 2 - $32
GUNDAM ZETA 1 - $30
GUNDAM ZETA 2 - $30
HARVEY BIRDMAN 1 - $11 Backorder
HARVEY BIRDMAN 2 - $11
MONTY PYTHON FLYING CIRCUS - $55
Shin Chan - $25 Backorder
Samurai X - $47 Backorder
RAMBO BR - $15
RAMBO III BR - $16
Shinobi -$14
Rurouni Kenshin 1 - $42
Rurouni Kenshin 2 - $60

Total $418 - I probably spent too much on the Gundam ones and maybe Rurouni Kenshine :whistle2:x[/quote]

Those prices are before the 20% coupon... you did use it, right?

Oh wow, I didn't even notice. Did you think it was automatic or something fillican? You have to apply the coupon codes.

Cancel that shit quick. :lol:

[quote name='yukine']Oh wow, I didn't even notice. Did you think it was automatic or something fillican? You have to apply the coupon codes.

Cancel that shit quick. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I applied them I was writing down the price on the order history page and it didn't include the 20% that I applied but you guys gave me a good scare.

Total was actually $334.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Indeed. It took three weeks for a DD order to get to me after it was supposedly processed. I mean, media mail is slow, but not that slow. Maybe...maybe...during the holidays, but the order in question was around April or May.[/quote]

DD is weird when it comes to shipping. I have had it take up to 2 months (ordered during the holiday season, so perhaps that's why) until I received something. Really, I don't mind, except for the time they gave me all kinds of problems for nothing and then canceled my order without telling me/without my say.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Can anyone tell me if this is the Criterion version of Ace in the Hole?

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=14482510

I can't tell, and it doesn't say it anywhere on the page. I don't know if this has been released before or not.

Also, is this the Stanley Kubrick Collection that I tried ordering last sale only to find out that they canceled it on me?:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=34772543

Does this mean it's in-stock?[/QUOTE]

yeah, thats the Criterion edition as the price and the fact that the pic has Criterion's little tag on the side of the picture makes it a bit obvious.

As for the Kubrick Collection, it says its out of stock when you put it in your cart

[quote name='fart_bubble']yeah, thats the Criterion edition as the price and the fact that the pic has Criterion's little tag on the side of the picture makes it a bit obvious.

As for the Kubrick Collection, it says its out of stock when you put it in your cart[/quote]

Thanks for the help. I missed the little bit on the side saying Criterion. The white got kind of blurred on my screen (or my eyes just suck).

I hadn't thought about putting the kubrick collection in my cart. Back to my search in finding one.

Might pick up the last 2 hulk season sets and a cheap hd dvd... but thats it... I discovered a treasure trove of dvds at Big Lots over the past week with lots of HBO, MGM, and Columbia movies for 3 bucks apiece. Ive picked up about 45 over the past week including

Lucky Louie Complete Series
mind of the Married Man S1
The Comeback Complete Series (this along with Louie are very good)
Elephant
American Splendor
Gattica Superbit
Closer Superbit
Robocop 2
The Hitcher
Steamboy DC
Auto Focus
and many more... have lots to watch

I just found out that something I ordered from DD can be gotten cheaper elsewhere, but my order has already shipped. I can get a full refund by sending it back to DD when it arrives, right?

Got an e-mail on Friday stating that my back ordered Hot Fuzz HD-DVD had shipped.

Now I'm just waiting for Lucky # Slevin to come back in stock and I will be good to go.

[quote name='VidPower']I just found out that something I ordered from DD can be gotten cheaper elsewhere, but my order has already shipped. I can get a full refund by sending it back to DD when it arrives, right?[/quote]Two ways to do it.

1) Take the package from the USPS rep, mark on the outside "Return To Sender" and drop it off at your local PO. It'll go back to them at their cost, and then they'll credit your card when you get it back to them. Took about 9-10 days when I sent something back for refund.

2) Call them/email them and tell them that you want to return the item when it is delivered. They should send you a pre-paid mailer via email, which you can print out, stick on the box, and drop it off at your local PO.

They tend to prefer #1 over #2, though they normally won't do #2 unless you've tried to cancel the order before it ships and they don't get to it in time to return it back to them.

I just found out that the first GaoGaiGar boxset and the first Golion collection were released a couple weeks ago. I'm glad this sale is going on. I picked them both up for about $36. Too bad they're both back-ordered.

Ordered a bunch of fun stuff:

BLR : RESIDENT EVIL-EXTINCTION 3-pack $ 47.88
BLR : SHORT CIRCUIT (SE) $ 10.79
BLR : THE PUNISHER $ 11.86
BLR : ULTIMATE AVENGERS 1 & 2 $ 21.46
DVD : DEVIL MAN $ 11.32

Total for this Order: $ 103.31

And the DVD Return of Swamp Thing for $7.38 on a separate order. Great sale/coupon!

Got my order 1

Eric Rohmer's Six Moral Tales: The Criterion Collection
Port Of Shadows: The Criterion Collection (OOP)
Haxan: Witchcraft Through The Ages: The Criterion Collection
Art School Confidential
HDScape: Sampler (Blu-Ray)

3 to go.....

[quote name='Kaijufan']Don't forget you get 4% cash back if you buy through Microsoft Live search.
[/QUOTE]

when live prompts you for an email address, do you put in your live search account email, or the email you will order through ddd.com? or does it not matter?

I used the email I order through DD, which also is the search account email-- but nothing has shown up yet in my order history (I've placed 2 orders through search). It sounds like you should get an email immediately after ordering to let you know it worked-- can anyone who's had success post what happens with Live Search?

[quote name='bjeong1381']Does live search and the coupon work for preorders too?[/quote]

Preorders for the search probably do, but the coupon does not.

Can someone who has ordered from this current sale and received his items please tell us how many days it took from the day of ordering until you got the package? I'd like to know how slow they're going right now...

[quote name='eastx']Can someone who has ordered from this current sale and received his items please tell us how many days it took from the day of ordering until you got the package? I'd like to know how slow they're going right now...[/quote]

I haven't received my order yet, but if it helps, I ordered Monday afternoon and got the shipping notification Tuesday.

[quote name='eastx']Can someone who has ordered from this current sale and received his items please tell us how many days it took from the day of ordering until you got the package? I'd like to know how slow they're going right now...[/quote]

It varies greater from 1 week to one month.

[quote name='bigdaddy']It varies greater from 1 week to one month.[/QUOTE]

I know about that, but I would like to hear very recent experiences from people who have purchased movies during this sale... You know, to see how fast they are right now.

Myself, I ordered a single DVD on Wednesday last week (said it shipped the next day - suuuure) and have not received it yet.

[quote name='eastx']I know about that, but I would like to hear very recent experiences from people who have purchased movies during this sale... You know, to see how fast they are right now.

Myself, I ordered a single DVD on Wednesday last week (said it shipped the next day - suuuure) and have not received it yet.[/quote]
I ordered on the 6th and received on the 16th. They shipped from Ithaca, IL and I'm in Iowa. Then again there was a massive flood so who knows, might've been here faster. Usually takes awhile.

[quote name='eastx']I know about that, but I would like to hear very recent experiences from people who have purchased movies during this sale... You know, to see how fast they are right now.

Myself, I ordered a single DVD on Wednesday last week (said it shipped the next day - suuuure) and have not received it yet.[/quote]

Well, I've ordered from them consistently for the past few years and they're always slow. I don't see them changing that based on their past track record...

This makes most of their HD DVD's 9.58. Is this a good deal now or should I go somewhere else? It seems they raised their prices when they announced this sale.

Wow you're an ass.

I, and many others here have been ordering for years, they are ALWAYS SLOW. Can you get that through your thick head? There is no fucking difference to "right now" they have always been and will continue to be slow. Do you understand that or do I need to say it in Spanish?

I worked for DeepDiscount from 05-06 in the warehouse. Generally orders got sent out pretty quickly, except for the holiday season and the 20% off sale. I'd say they are probably AT LEAST 1-2 weeks behind. This means your order won't even be touched for at least or two after you've ordered it. If you order next day or 2nd day your order takes priority and will probably ship that day or the next. Of course then you don't get free shipping though.

I really wish they had a gift certificate or something similar. =/

Instead of a rebate from CompUSA i got a stupid Visa Gift card. I wanted to buy 2 box sets and with the discount and gift card would only spend $14 out of my pocket, however DDD wont allow you to split the charges. I figured i would send myself a gift card from them but they dont do that either.

Oh well maybe amazon will have a good sale on what im looking for.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Wow you're an ass.

I, and many others here have been ordering for years, they are ALWAYS SLOW. Can you get that through your thick head? There is no fucking difference to "right now" they have always been and will continue to be slow. Do you understand that or do I need to say it in Spanish?[/QUOTE]

When did I say that they weren't always slow? The ass is you for misunderstanding my question. As others have said, their shipping times can vary from a week to a month, and the time of year is a factor. I asked a fair question, and some people gave me good responses (thanks Mugen & Chucki)... But not you. :(

[quote name='eastx']When did I say that they weren't always slow? The ass is you for misunderstanding my question. As others have said, their shipping times can vary from a week to a month, and the time of year is a factor. I asked a fair question, and some people gave me good responses (thanks Mugen & Chucki)... But not you. :([/QUOTE]

But, they aren't always slow. Once, I received a package, during the big 20% off sale, in 2 or 3 days after ordering (and I used the free shipping option...) But yes, they usually take a really long time....

bread's done
Back