20% off coupon for DeepDiscount.com - 06/06/08 to 06/22/08, Extended to 06/29/08

just put in a small first order of alien nation the movie, witch hunter robin , & doctor who the third series

yea i checked through a wishlist i created and a majority of the titles i wanted were blue-underground, but i figure i'll wait to see if those pop up in blu-ray now. waited a couple months so far, so couple more isn't going to kill me

picked up There Will Be Blood (blu), Final Days of Planet Earth (blu), Killing Machine/Shogun's Ninja (blu), Anger Management (blu), Patton (blu), The Longest Day (blu)

Yep, USATODAY seems to be working. I just bought waaaay too much but the prices for hi-def were actually fairly good. Splurged a little bit in terms of buying things that may get cheaper, but did hold off on some big names that might be part of a better sale (like Narnia, since it seems that Disney does decent sales occasionally)

(a few of these are for gifts, prices before 20%)

The scary thing is there are a few more things I may want to pick up but need to check prices-- I hope this is like last year that each coupon was considered separate (i.e., you can use USATODAY one time, but you can use a different coupon for another 20%)

The Breakfast Club (HD-DVD) - $11.98 ($9.58)
The Loop - Season 1 - $14.84 ($11.82)
Closer [Blu-ray Disc] - $22.08 ($17.66)
Fast Times At Ridgemont High (HD-DVD) - $11.98 ($9.58)
Shakira - Oral Fixation Tour [Blu-ray Disc] - $18.04 ($14.43)
Knocked Up [HD DVD] - $11.98 (9.58)
HD Environments Living Landscapes - The World's Most Beautiful Places [HD DVD] - $15.23 ($12.18)
Mutiny on the Bounty [HD DVD] - $15.73 ($12.58 -- good price on the Warner Bros. classics, they rarely go too cheap-- like Casablanca, Robin Hood, etc)
Scary Movie 4 [HD DVD] - $7.99 ($6.39)
Short Circuit [Blu-ray Disc] - $13.49 ($10.80-- yay, brings it back to close to Amazon's $10ish preorder price that I missed)

(just got my confirmation email with all prices at 20% off, so it looks good to go. Although strangely the total is 3 cents less than the Deep Discount order confirmation page I printed when I placed my order. Weird!)

Just ordered....

Häxan - The Criterion Collection (1922)
Port of Shadows - The Criterion Collection (1938)
Eric Rohmer's Six Moral Tales - The Criterion Collection
Art School Confidential (2006)
HDScape: Sampler (Blu-ray) (2006)

Ordered (all HD):

American Gangster
Lost In Translation
Hot Fuzz
Dazed and Confused
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Eternal Sunshine
Being John Malkovich
Lucky # Slevin
Traffic

Not bad for 83 bucks.

Damn, forgot to pick up Lucky # Slevin. Had been wanting to check that out... hope it stays around long enough for a possible second order. (don't want to burn another coupon just for it!)

[quote name='Justin42']Damn, forgot to pick up Lucky # Slevin. Had been wanting to check that out... hope it stays around long enough for a possible second order. (don't want to burn another coupon just for it!)[/quote]
I made 2 orders today with the same code...I think

[quote name='anomynous']hell yeah

now this DOESN'T work on pre orders, right?[/quote]
I posted the answer to this on the last page. Please read through a thread a little bit before asking a question.

Don't forget you get 4% cash back if you buy through Microsoft Live search.

[quote name='anomynous']STFU

Jk

It was just because I had a discount ring up on batman begins[/quote]
I was reading DVD Talk and it seems like some preorderes are working at DVD Planet, so I suppose some could be working at Deep Discount. I'm sure they will fix it though.

Don't multiple sites usually get a DDDVD coupon? Last time I remember there being one for the NY Times, and multiple other sources, allowing for multiple orders. That or just make multiple accounts if you forget to order something.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Don't multiple sites usually get a DDDVD coupon? Last time I remember there being one for the NY Times, and multiple other sources, allowing for multiple orders. That or just make multiple accounts if you forget to order something.[/quote]
A big list of codes that worked last time:
DVDTALK
USATODAY
NYTIMES
SUPERSALE
PRICESEARCH
YAHOO
ESPN
XM
JIM
DEALNEWS
DD1109
LATIMES
WGN
WLS
PRICEGRABBER

Hey cheapy! The banner says to use the code "GAMER" and that it ends the 22nd. If we click the banner does that give CAG more money, than using the link?

I think the amount of $$$ cheapyd receives is same regardless if you click the banner or the link. The banner doesn't give more $$$ than the cheap ass links.

I spent more than I thought I would! Oh well.

1 COL018911 DVD : PAPRIKA $ 14.24 In-stock
1 MBI000745 DVD : AH MY GODDESS-1ST SEASON (V $ 32.19 In-stock
1 VIZ023787 DVD : DEATH NOTE V.03 LE FIGURINE $ 20.02 In-stock
1 VIZ023811 DVD : DEATH NOTE V.04 W/ LIMITED $ 21.64 In-stock
1 WBD006709 DVD : SPACE GHOST COAST TO COAST $ 8.86 In-stock
1 WBD006756 DVD : SPACE GHOST COAST TO COAST $ 8.86 In-stock
1 WBD007659 DVD : HARVEY BIRDMAN ATTORNEY AT $ 8.86 In-stock
1 WBD007680 DVD : BRAK SHOW V.02 $ 8.86 In-stock
1 FUN004220 DVD : SHIN CHAN-1ST SEASON PART 1 $ 19.67 Backorder
1 VIZ023896 DVD : POKEMON MOVIE 10 $ 10.82 In-stock
1 LGE022863 DVD : TMNT-6TH SEASON $ 12.09 In-stock
1 PRD092054 DVD : PENN & TELLER BULLSHIT-5TH $ 16.98 In-stock
1 VIZ023793 DVD : POKEMON 1ST SEASON BOX SET $ 21.64 In-stock
1 WBD032799 DVD : AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE V.05 $ 18.86 In-stock
1 WBD037139 DVD : FRISKY DINGO-1ST SEASON $ 10.87 In-stock

i think planet earth and ocean's boxset are a better deal on the warner site with the 30% coupon. but there you have to buy two. hmm...decisions, decisions.

just made Cheapy some $$$ ...

Knocked Up [HD DVD]
Lucky # Slevin [HD DVD]
Shaun of the Dead [HD DVD]
V For Vendetta [HD DVD]
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life [HD DVD]
Old School [HD DVD]

last chance for HD goodness since Netflix stopped sending HD-DVDs...

Someone convince me to get the Monty Python's Flying Circus box set. I've wanted it for ages, but can't bring myself to order it for some reason.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Someone convince me to get the Monty Python's Flying Circus box set. I've wanted it for ages, but can't bring myself to order it for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I bought it a year or so ago and was so excited to watch it. Let's just say it's sitting on my DVD shelf unopened. Yet for only $43 how could you not! that's a damn good entertainment/price ratio.

Cool, thx for the thread Cheapy and the notice that the sale is already on guys. Picked up the Dirty Harry Blu Ray set for just under $72 shipped.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I wish this worked on books. =([/quote]

While the code doesn't apply to books, a Deep Discount rep posted at DVD Talk that some books and CDs would be marked as "MEGA SALE" items from Thursday, already incorporating a discounted price.

[quote name='Filmmaker']Crap...there are several Blu-rays I want that come out on June 3rd, but DeepDiscount will probably jack up the price by then, minimizing the total discount. I don't want to risk it, so I'll play it safe and stick with my pre-order through Amazon. During the sale period, there are only 2 new Blu-ray releases on my wish list...bummer. I may pick up some catalog titles, as well, but I really would have gotten much more use out of this sale if it was in May or July. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but still...[/quote]

Cool! Looks like I was able to work this out after all--my order hadn't shipped from Amazon yet because I had selected the free shipping option, which requires all items to be in stock for any shipment to take place. The Blu-rays for CLOVERFIELD and THERE WILL BE BLOOD have run really thin at online retailers and were holding up my order; I simply cancelled the whole thing and reordered at DeepDiscount (who hadn't yet jacked up their prices, as I'd feared) for approx. $20 less! DD has the same issue with CLOVERFIELD and THERE WILL BE BLOOD stock, but now, at least, I won't have to wait for the Blu-rays of SIGNS and PATTON!

[quote name='Snake2715']So has this been mentioned? Whats with the Bee Movie in HDDVD up on their front page?[/QUOTE]

It has been there for months. Bee Movie on HD-DVD has been cancelled / will never be coming out. It is out on Blu-Ray however, came out on June 3rd. Just watched it last night, really good movie, looks very nice on Blu.

[quote name='UltimoRey']Hey cheapy! The banner says to use the code "GAMER" and that it ends the 22nd. If we click the banner does that give CAG more money, than using the link?[/quote]

Due to the new NY tax, as long as CAG is a NY state corporation, there will not be any affiliate revenue from retailers like DD that won't collect taxes from NY residents.

We worked out a different arrangement, which is why you see the banners.

We will probably wind up incorporating elsewhere.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']I'm guessing this is the best time to get a few MST3K sets huh?[/quote]Looks like they did a reprint of MST3K the Movie, huh? Dang, for a while it was worth $$$ on ebay.

picked up the bebop remix set to replace the perfect collection I sold
might grab some other anime collections like noein, gunslinger girls, trinity blood and samurai 7

yea i would have picked up american gangster but it was gone 15 min ago when i checked.. scary movie 4 for 6 shipped is nice

their hi def prices arent too good though.. amazon still woops them on most new release titles

Wow, lots of stuff I wanted are already OOS. Since some are HD-DVDs, I hope they can restock them eventually. :p

Well picked up some new anime I needed, Simoun vol. 4, Strawberry Panic 2 and Lucky Star 1. Wanted Kanon 5 but it was out of stock, and I would rather take my chances finding it in stock elsewhere.

[quote name='gunm']Wow, lots of stuff I wanted are already OOS. Since some are HD-DVDs, I hope they can restock them eventually. :p[/quote]That might be a bit of a gamble. Eventually, they did restock OOS stuff when I bought a number of the $9.95 HD-DVD a couple months ago, though it took a while.

[quote name='shrike4242']That might be a bit of a gamble. Eventually, they did restock OOS stuff when I bought a number of the $9.95 HD-DVD a couple months ago, though it took a while.[/quote]

Thanks. My previous experience w/them has been good, but this time I'm wondering how easy it will be for them to restock HD-DVDs from their suppliers. I guess worse that will happen is that my OOS orders will get canceled? At least they don't charge until item ships.

[quote name='Curiousgeorge']Is the 20% off coupon on the whole order or a single item?[/quote]

It will be off the entire order, not just a single item.

Ended up with $242 worth of HD discs this time. Whoo...

[quote name='moviewizguy']Why is this sale big? I mean...20% isn't that much...really, I'm a cheap person and I want 50% off.[/quote]
Their prices are generally great to begin with. Combined with free shipping, this deal is pretty great.

Probably just the Cowboy Bebop Remix set for me this time.

bread's done
Back