$20 off Select titles in launch issue of @GAMER magazine (Best Buy) Just Dance Sale

nixmahn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Just got the launch issue in the mail b/c I'm a Rewards Zone member.

Includes Best Buy $20 and $15 off coupons for

$20 off
Halo3 ODST:360:
Bioshock 2:360::ps3::pc:
Skate 3:360::ps3:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11:360::ps3::wii:
2010 Fifa World Tour South Africa:360::ps3::wii:

$15 off
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands:360::ps3:
Just Dance:wii:
AC2 :pc:

good for 6/24-7/31, Best Buy only

prices as of 7/26/10

:360: Halo ODST>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$19.99)
:360::ps3: Bioshock 2>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$19.99)
:pc: Bioshock 2>>>>>$29.99 (w/coupon-$9.99)
:360::ps3: Skate 3>>>>>$59.99 (w/coupon-$39.99)
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11>>>>>$59.99 (w/coupon-$39.99)
:360::ps3: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa>>>>>$59.99 (w/coupon-$39.99)
:wii:2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$19.99)

:360::ps3: Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$24.99)
:wii: Just Dance>>>>>$29.99 (w/coupon-$14.99)
:pc: Assassin's Creed 2>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$24.99) ------------------------> GOOGLE DRM issues before buying

CAG's reporting they have not received a free copy. I use my RZ a lot for the deals and preordered Madden 11 a few days ago (they asked for my address and everything). It was my 1st preorder and thought it was standard procedure.

https://www.atgamermagazine.com/?h=488

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said these coupons are printed
-In color
-On semi-glossy paper
-Double-sided

I'm sure someone more patient than I will scan them in for you extreme CAGs

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I'm wondering the same? I never understood how they "pick and choose" who receives perks like this, and who doesn't?
:roll:[/QUOTE]

From the comments I've read so far about the magazine, I'm 100% dead on about this. It's almost as if Best Buy doesn't realize who their audience/paying customers are?

I may just rip the damn thing up if and when they send me a copy.

In regards to PMing and using a coupon, as far as I know that will not fly. At my BB they will only do 1 adjustment per item. They will PM, or they will take a coupon, but not both. This is of course YMMV, cuz I'm sure there are people out there who have done it.

Sounds pretty much like Game Informer, but you get coupons every issue, and sacrifice... well, any remaining journalistic integrity. That's cool, if 1 issue saves me $20. Besides, I'm not gonna be reading this thing for the latest breaking unbiased reviews. It a $6 coupon book, essentially.

[quote name='stikmanrp']Has anyone read this new mag yet? Is it any good? I miss EGM, especially when they used to give numerical scores instead of letter grades in their reviews. Gameinformer is pretty good, but a "7 out of 10" being an average game skews the scores a little higher than what would seem to be intuitive.[/QUOTE]
you know EGM is back right?

[quote name='Afflicted']http://www.walmart.com/ip/Halo-3-ODST-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/10899773

27.54 on walmart. I don't think it's very common for BB to pm amazon but most people have great luck using walmart.com.[/QUOTE]

I've PM'd to Amazon several times in the last month. The CSR told me that BB just started matching Amazon because they are now seeing it as a serious threat to their business. You should have no trouble getting a match to Amazon. However, BB doesn't allow the use of a PM and a coupon at the same time (unless it is a manufacturers coupon, I guess).

[quote name='stikmanrp']Has anyone read this new mag yet? Is it any good? I miss EGM, especially when they used to give numerical scores instead of letter grades in their reviews. Gameinformer is pretty good, but a "7 out of 10" being an average game skews the scores a little higher than what would seem to be intuitive.[/QUOTE]

You know EGM has risen from the grave, right? It's back in print and you can subscribe again:

http://www.egmnow.com/

No wonder their ODST's price is so high Amazon is about 27.00 so even with the coupon it's only 7 dollars difference but still I guess 7 dollars is 7 dollars

This will not be a $6 coupon book every other month. The $150 worth of coupons is only for the premiere issue.

It says on the site it will bring at least $20 worth of coupons a mag and will have about $200 worth a year. So yeah, I'm not subscribing to this. I will just pick up the first mag for Skate 3.

[quote name='tyrok3k']This will not be a $6 coupon book every other month. The $150 worth of coupons is only for the premiere issue.[/QUOTE]

Is this the way the mag gonna be? If it is, it's not a hot subscription at all.

[quote name='robdees']Details on the mag from my BB meeting last weekend:

$5.99 per issue in store
$19.99 for a year's sub
RZGC members will be receiving 1 free issue on a rotating basis ( I think 200,00 go out per wave so eventually everyone gets a freebie)
Money saving coupons in every issue with the premier issue carrying ~$150.00 in cupes.

That's all I remember. It was early and I was tired :)[/QUOTE]

Oh cool, well I'll just wait and see if I like it if/when I get one.

I will get skate 3 but its still up for 60. maybe if it goes down to 40 i will definitely get it.

Hey, if anyone is interested this means bioshock 2 is 20$ new. The gamestop ad of the week has it advertised for 40$ this week minus the 20$ off coupon. That's nearly cheaper than the sale gamefly had last week.

[quote name='tdc_raven']Hey, if anyone is interested this means bioshock 2 is 20$ new. The gamestop ad of the week has it advertised for 40$ this week minus the 20$ off coupon. That's nearly cheaper than the sale gamefly had last week.[/QUOTE]

very YMMV, have to pricematch to BB and use coupon.

[quote name='Doomstink']I've PM'd to Amazon several times in the last month. The CSR told me that BB just started matching Amazon because they are now seeing it as a serious threat to their business. You should have no trouble getting a match to Amazon. However, BB doesn't allow the use of a PM and a coupon at the same time (unless it is a manufacturers coupon, I guess).[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I'm sure many people will be told no if they ask to PM Amazon.

question - what about buying halo 3 odst (or any game) for $20 after coupon, coming back to BB a few days later and getting it adjusted cuz you have a cheaper price at amazon or walmart?????

[quote name='aleraiders']question - what about buying halo 3 odst (or any game) for $20 after coupon, coming back to BB a few days later and getting it adjusted cuz you have a cheaper price at amazon or walmart?????[/QUOTE]

Well first Best buy would have to start price matching amazon. Then its ymmv.

[quote name='Skulles']Well first Best buy would have to start price matching amazon. Then its ymmv.[/QUOTE]

walmart has it for 27.xx

[quote name='Brother Daz']There is print on the front and back of the coupons[/QUOTE]

that's okay....just get a scan of the front part that has the bar code and i'd be down with that!!!!!!

The bar code is on the back of the coupon. The picture if the game and the amount the coupon is worth is on the front.

These coupons aren't even that great, though. The magazine, on the other hand, is pretty awesome. Very Game Informer-like.

[quote name='dylandersen']These coupons aren't even that great, though. The magazine, on the other hand, is pretty awesome. Very Game Informer-like.[/QUOTE]

enough said

$59.99 + 7% tax (FL) = $64.18 + $5.99 + tax = $70.58 for Magazine and game.

$70.58 - $20 coupon = $50.58 - ($my $32 gift card) = $18.58

Not bad for Bioshock 2 or the new Prince of Persia.

[quote name='MiamiStyle']$59.99 + 7% tax (FL) = $64.18 + $5.99 + tax = $70.58 for Magazine and game.

Not bad for Bioshock 2 or the new Prince of Persia.[/QUOTE]

Bioshock 2 is like 40 MSRP everywhere else. Coupon is good until 7/31, you should at least wait until 7/31 and give BB a chance to drop the price like everybody else.

[quote name='nixmahn']Bioshock 2 is like 40 MSRP everywhere else. Coupon is good until 7/31, you should at least wait until 7/31 and give BB a chance to drop the price like everybody else.[/QUOTE]

Exactly I was thinking Price Match, but thats a pain, But I will be picking up a copy of the magazine issue before Its gone.

Its saturday night no has an early copy of Best Buy's Sunday ad??

I heard the July 4th deals should be smokin.

[quote name='MiamiStyle']Exactly I was thinking Price Match, but thats a pain, But I will be picking up a copy of the magazine issue before Its gone.

Its saturday night no has an early copy of Best Buy's Sunday ad??

I heard the July 4th deals should be smokin.[/QUOTE]
The Best Buy weekly ad thread for tomorrow has been stickied at the top of the deals page for the past two days.

Got mine in mail Thurs. afternoon and I rarely visit BB

But the magazine is well put together, plus it shows their preorder exclusives on games (i.e. Spiderman costume)

Decent magazine, promising coupons. I've read it cover to cover and it's decent, now I'll settle in to wait and see if Bioshock 2 or Fifa WC drop before the 31st. I'll wait to see what kind of coups are in issue 2 before I subscribe, though.

[quote name='shadowkast']you know EGM is back right?[/QUOTE]

I had heard it was coming back, but I didn't know it was officially back? When did it start again?

Damn. I want FIFA. Kicking myself for missing it back at GS.com for 34 Shipped.

Edit-Anyway to get in on this without actually subscribing, what if i just rip the coupon out of the book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw I got my complimentary copy today. I guess making myself Premiere Silver almost exclusively through buying clearance video games for 2 years straight has finally paid off!

i got my copy in the mailbox today, wow, what a surprise.... but still the coupons are not quite good enough. PoP:FS needs to be $39.99, then the $15 coupon will make a good deal.

I got my copy Saturday as well. From just glancing through it, it almost seemed like the pamphlets they have at Best Buy advertising upcoming game releases. They too sometimes offer coupons, but nothing even remotely close to these offers.

Hopefully some of these games drop (Halo 3 ODST for $29.99, meaning $9.99 with coupon would be awesome!) between now and 7/31. Otherwise, I don't think I'll use any of them.

[quote name='Disneyboy']The bar code is on the back of the coupon. The picture if the game and the amount the coupon is worth is on the front.[/QUOTE]

a scan of the back with the bar code would be great.....trust i can get it to work if i just have a scan of the bar code....could someone plz post?

[quote name='MiamiStyle']$59.99 + 7% tax (FL) = $64.18 + $5.99 + tax = $70.58 for Magazine and game.

Not bad for Bioshock 2 or the new Prince of Persia.[/QUOTE]

if these work like most store coupons.... they the tax will be on the after coupon price. manufacturers coupons they charge you tax on.

so has anyone tried to pricematch and use these... could be very YMMV

kmart has both PoP and Skate 3 in their weekly ad for 39.99 So would pretty good prices there is pricematch worked. Personally both would still be higher than I would want to pay for them atm but good prices if you were interested.

[quote name='Afflicted']so has anyone tried to pricematch and use these... could be very YMMV

kmart has both PoP and Skate 3 in their weekly ad for 39.99 So would pretty good prices there is pricematch worked. Personally both would still be higher than I would want to pay for them atm but good prices if you were interested.[/QUOTE]

considering BB's history of pita price matching and coupon use, I'm not gonna bother even trying.

I'm just hoping they will honor their own coupons when the prices of those games actually drop in MSRP.

bread's done
Back