$20 to $30 off video games for new QVC customers

Took a week to ship across the country but my copy of Mario Wonder finally arrived this morning. It's NTSC for those that worried about the other rumor. Between this coupon, the Rakuten bonus, and the gold coins, this is the best deal I've gotten on a new game in a long time. Many thanks to CAG and this thread :D
Got mine today and it's PAL unfortunately. And they charge $7 to return for whatever reason (same return processor as GameStop).

Got mine today and it's PAL unfortunately. And they charge $7 to return for whatever reason (same return processor as GameStop).
Where did yours ship from? Mine originated in Los Angeles and shipped to me in Maryland. Given that QVC only ships in the US it seems weird they would even have the EU copies. That said you could just keep it for now and then later buy a used copy at Gamestop and return it in the other case. Personally I'd have been just fine with PAL getting it for half price but mine is the US version as far as I can tell.

Where did yours ship from? Mine originated in Los Angeles and shipped to me in Maryland. Given that QVC only ships in the US it seems weird they would even have the EU copies. That said you could just keep it for now and then later buy a used copy at Gamestop and return it in the other case. Personally I'd have been just fine with PAL getting it for half price but mine is the US version as far as I can tell.
Yeah shipped from same area (Ontario). Yeah not sure how they have EU copies - guessing maybe an inventory logistics issue. I'll probably just keep it given it's half off and region free/plays fine.

My copy of SMB wonder came last night and found out this morning it's the PAL version as well. eh not a big deal to me. I'm going to beat it fast and sell it on Offerup for $30. I sold a few copies of PAL version Switch games awhile back on there. Note: Paid $33 one-time payment. Shipped from Sylmar, CA to Los Angeles. Got it within 2 days.

032.jpg

It's only an issue if your game has paid DLC, because then the DLC would need to be purchased from the same eshop region as your game. Aside from the case aesthetic there shouldn't be any differences.

Meanwhile, my Mario Wonder can't even get out of California! It was shipped on the 7th and since then:

11/7 Departed from Facility - Sylmar, CA
11/8 Arrived at Facility - Los Angeles, CA
11/8 A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible.
11/9 Departed from Facility Los Angeles, CA
11/9 We were unable to dispatch the trailer on time. This may cause a delay. Los Angeles, CA
Nothing since

It was shipped through UPS mail innovations, so I know it's the lowest priority. I also have a QVC WarioWare coming, (shipped UPS ground from KY, thankfully) so maybe they will both be delivered on Tuesday :pray:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the PAL format even valid in this age of flat screen HD television sets? I thought games all ran at their appropriate speeds worldwide, without the 50hz refresh rates that used to make European games such a buttnutter to play.

My copy of SMB wonder came last night and found out this morning it's the PAL version as well. eh not a big deal to me. I'm going to beat it fast and sell it on Offerup for $30. I sold a few copies of PAL version Switch games awhile back on there. Note: Paid $33 one-time payment. Shipped from Sylmar, CA to Los Angeles. Got it within 2 days.
Thanks for the image, mine is definitely NA ESRB, guess I got lucky. Still weird they had PAL/EU copies at all but maybe they scrambled to meet the demand from all of us using the new user discount.

It's only an issue if your game has paid DLC, because then the DLC would need to be purchased from the same eshop region as your game. Aside from the case aesthetics there shouldn't be any differences.

Meanwhile, my Mario Wonder can't even get out of California! It was shipped on the 7th and since then:

11/7 Departed from Facility - Sylmar, CA

11/8 Arrived at Facility - Los Angeles, CA

11/8 A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible.

11/9 Departed from Facility Los Angeles, CA

11/9 We were unable to dispatch the trailer on time. This may cause a delay. Los Angeles, CA

Nothing since

It was shipped through UPS mail innovations, so I know it's the lowest priority. I also have a QVC WarioWare coming, (shipped UPS ground from KY, thankfully) so maybe they will both be delivered on Tuesday :pray:
My shipping status did the same thing, it never updated at all after it left LA until the day it arrived, I think they just stop scanning it after that point. If you check your USPS delivery tracking account you'll see it show up there a day or two before it arrives; mine took 8 days to get from Cali to Maryland and arrived a day later than the projection from QVC so your guess of next Tuesday is probably accurate.

Is the PAL format even valid in this age of flat screen HD television sets? I thought games all ran at their appropriate speeds worldwide, without the 50hz refresh rates that used to make European games such a buttnutter to play.
Calling it PAL is an anachronism from the old days of PAL vs NTSC, it's more accurately NA vs EU now as no form of analog TV still exists and as others here mentioned there's literally no difference in how the game plays at all.

Contacted support about getting the PAL version. They said it was shipped directly from the supplier. Also that I could return it, but there was no guarantee I wouldn’t get the same thing if I ordered again

Ordered the morning of release at 5am and got a US version for wonder and my order never got backordered. Think after people started waking up and seeing the deal posted they got slammed with orders and had a hard time keeping up. Hoping Super Mario RPG goes up on release to try to get that for $20 off too. 

Got my Mario Wonder, from my Nov 4th order, today. It was an NTSC copy shipped from Sylmar Cali.

Finally got my two games :oldman: Mario Wonder is PAL, and WarioWare Move It is NTSC.

Got my Mario Wonder, from my Nov 4th order, today. It was an NTSC copy shipped from Sylmar Cali.
I ordered the same day as you, and mine shipped from the same place too.

Guess it really is just random. Enjoy your 60 cents in gold points :p

Wait a minute. How did you get your order before me;) 10/21 order placed….still on back order.
Yeah, something has definitely gone wrong there! It's been restocked at least three times since then, which is when the backordered ones should have started to ship out. If you're willing to call customer service they can fix it for you.

QVC rep told me that my order will be cancelled in 2-3 weeks if they are unable to fulfill the order. If QVC doesn't deliver then I'm asking Santa. 

I ordered the same day as you, and mine shipped from the same place too.
Guess it really is just random. Enjoy your 60 cents in gold points :p
Huh, I tried it anyway and clicked to claim the .60 in gold points for Mario Wonder... and it gave them to me! 😁

Made a second account and received US version of Pikmin 4 today. Made a final new account to grab super mario rpg. QVC is my black friday this year since all the other sales were disappointing. 

Made a second account and received US version of Pikmin 4 today. Made a final new account to grab super mario rpg. QVC is my black friday this year since all the other sales were disappointing.
were you able to use the same credit card on your new accounts? I would figure that they will not allow the same credit card to be used more than once with these one time coupons...

were you able to use the same credit card on your new accounts? I would figure that they will not allow the same credit card to be used more than once with these one time coupons...
No I saw someone saying to change payment method on new accounts or risk getting it cancelled. Did my first order with one CC, second with paypal, and the last with my second CC. All with the same address though and my name. Mario RPG went on backorder for a bit for me but it's now back in process with a delivery estimate of next friday. Hopefully it goes through and ships out on Monday.

No I saw someone saying to change payment method on new accounts or risk getting it cancelled. Did my first order with one CC, second with paypal, and the last with my second CC. All with the same address though and my name. Mario RPG went on backorder for a bit for me but it's now back in process with a delivery estimate of next friday. Hopefully it goes through and ships out on Monday.
ahh, thanks for info, i already got TOTK on my main account but might create another one and use a different CC then to get SMB Wonder

Ok so question If I were to order Super Mario RPG or Wonder and get a different region cartridge. I will still be able we to play on my switch but will be unable to buy dlc or addons etc from my USA region eshop. Do I have that correct?

Ok so question If I were to order Super Mario RPG or Wonder and get a different region cartridge. I will still be able we to play on my switch but will be unable to buy dlc or addons etc from my USA region eshop. Do I have that correct?
Correct. Switch cartridges are region-free. That said, the chances of Mario RPG getting any DLC are EXTREMELY slim as it's a complete game (it's a remake of a game from 1996 after all). Mario Wonder remains to be seen. It might get DLC, it might not.

I have japanese games that play fine on my US switch and they can download updates as well. I've read DLC from any region eShop will work for first party Nintendo games since they're usually worldwide releases but I haven't see anyone confirm that yet.

Was able to get 20 off but 30 dollar off code was expired this morning. Was only able to use the code of i chose to pay in installments. Grabbed Super Mario Rpg which supposedly will arrive on the 27th

Was able to get 20 off but 30 dollar off code was expired this morning. Was only able to use the code of i chose to pay in installments. Grabbed Super Mario Rpg which supposedly will arrive on the 27th
$30 off code is only active during certain times usually on the weekend from what I've seen and only for a day or two. I've paid in full for the 3 orders I've made you need to change it during the final checkout screen.

Got Super Mario RPG delivered today from QVC and it's the US version. I also ordered Kirby and the forgotten land off HSN with their $20 off code and will report back when that comes in to see if it's a US version as well. 

CAG was down but I got Kirby the other day from HSN and it was a US version as well. I think I'm done making new accounts. QVC/HSN saved black friday this year :pray:

Are these codes still working?
They come and go, though the $30 off one hasn't reappeared for a while now. The $20 off $40 HOLIDAY20 code is available most days but I'm not seeing it today. Just keep an eye on the QVC site as game supply and free shipping also vary widely.

I didn’t grab this the first time but finally used it on Spider-Man 2. For anyone else new to this - you apply the HOLIDAY30 code on the very last page before you check out AND it defaults you to 4x easy pay payments you’ll need to switch back to onetime payment under billing options.

6% back now available from Rakuten and no guarantees but when I made my order with coupon I got the cashback based on the full $60 retail cost. Also HSN has a similar $20 off $40 code as well as quite a few of the games are marked down to $54 making the price only a couple of dollars more if you have already used the QVC code.

6% back now available from Rakuten and no guarantees but when I made my order with coupon I got the cashback based on the full $60 retail cost. Also HSN has a similar $20 off $40 code as well as quite a few of the games are marked down to $54 making the price only a couple of dollars more if you have already used the QVC code.

Thank you, good sir. Spiderman 2 was $63 so I was able to get it for $43. My dumb ass forgot to use Rakuten but still a great deal.

NEWJANUARY for $20 off $40
HELLO30 for $30 off $60

Everything has free shipping today saving an extra $3.50

Here's a link to $1 donation to get $59.99 games over $60 to be eligible for the $30 off coupon

Great deals on switch first party games (comes out to $31). Personally grabbed the new Prince of Persia PS5 for $30.

New accounts only, but it's easy to just use a different email address if you have purchased before.

NEWJANUARY for $20 off $40
HELLO30 for $30 off $60

New accounts only, but it's easy to just use a different email address if you have purchased before.
I would use a different form of payment to not get your order flagged and cancelled. I made 3 accounts in December to buy 3 switch games with the same address/name, but using different cards and everything was ok.

Ordered Spider-Man 2. I hope they add some more games. Would love to get Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth, Tekken 8 or Persona 3 Remake with $30 off.

bread's done
Back