2006 FYE Trade-In Prices LIST HERE

[quote name='YoshiFan1']That's nonsense. Merchandise credit is exactly that, for any merchandise. I have used store credit to buy an XBox and a DS (each was purchased at a different store).

If the 2nd store also refuses, ask where it says that merchandise credit can only be used on certain items or contact corporate and complain.[/quote]

You know I was told the same thing last year. I had built up significant credit to buy my 360 and the manager at my local wherehouse had a cow when I tried to use my trade slips to pay for it. He even tried to refund the credit I had used as a downpayment, he eventually called his DM who allowed me to use the downpayment credit, but wouldn't allow me to use any additional credit slips to pay the balance. Funny thing is I had transferred a bunch of credit onto a gift card, and he could not refuse that.

His arguement was if I was stealing the games that I traded in, he would be converting my credit into goods easily sold for profit. Complete BS but thats my story.

[quote name='stoned99']You know I was told the same thing last year. I had built up significant credit to buy my 360 and the manager at my local wherehouse had a cow when I tried to use my trade slips to pay for it. He even tried to refund the credit I had used as a downpayment, he eventually called his DM who allowed me to use the downpayment credit, but wouldn't allow me to use any additional credit slips to pay the balance. Funny thing is I had transferred a bunch of credit onto a gift card, and he could not refuse that.

His arguement was if I was stealing the games that I traded in, he would be converting my credit into goods easily sold for profit. Complete BS but thats my story.[/quote]

how did you transfer your credits into the gift card??

[quote name='stoned99']You know I was told the same thing last year. I had built up significant credit to buy my 360 and the manager at my local wherehouse had a cow when I tried to use my trade slips to pay for it. He even tried to refund the credit I had used as a downpayment, he eventually called his DM who allowed me to use the downpayment credit, but wouldn't allow me to use any additional credit slips to pay the balance. Funny thing is I had transferred a bunch of credit onto a gift card, and he could not refuse that.

His arguement was if I was stealing the games that I traded in, he would be converting my credit into goods easily sold for profit. Complete BS but thats my story.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I think on some level corporate tells them that. It's a horrible arguement and one of the reasons why I am loathe to spend actual money at an fye store anymore.

[quote name='mackaikai']how did you transfer your credits into the gift card??[/quote]

Flirted enough with one particular girl, and she offered to do it. She actually got busted by the manager the next day, so I felt kind of bad, but I suspect if you get a newbie, they will do it for you.

Another trick is to buy a candy bar or something else for under $1.00 and pay with a large credit slip (large amount I mean), then they should put the rest on a merchandise credit gift card.

[quote name='mackaikai']how did you transfer your credits into the gift card??[/QUOTE]

I told an employee I wanted to buy a gift card with my credit. No hassle.

Yeah I don't think they like having to take each game and put the new stickers on it and re-shrinkwrap it and then put it out on the shelf since the games area is usually cramped (which means findind spaces for the game).

I try not to trade in store unless I have to, I have been using Wherehouse for almost all my trades now. Better selection, and better prices sometimes.

Added the OP and select entries from this thread to the CAGwiki. I tried to add only confirmed FYE trades/quotes (not Wherehouse.com listings), but I'm not sure if that really matters or not. If I didn't add something, please repost it with system, title, value, date, so I or whoever else maintains this has an easier time of it - Strider Turbulence, if you'd like to continue to maintain this, ask Cheapy to give you an account on the wiki.

http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/FYE_trade_in_values

Looks as though wherehouse.com has some higher quotes now. Are they still reflective of FYE stores for the most part?

Rise of Kasai (free after coup @ BB) = $12.94

The $12.94 figure seems to be a common value on the site now, wondering if this will be the case in FYE.

Thanks for the info about the higher trade in qutoes. It must have been a mistake or 1 day thing because the values are back to normal. I hope they honor the prices quoted yesterday (already mailed them my games today).

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Thanks for the info about the higher trade in qutoes. It must have been a mistake or 1 day thing because the values are back to normal. I hope they honor the prices quoted yesterday (already mailed them my games today).[/QUOTE]

There were a bunch of really sweet trade-in values yesterday, through this afternoon! I went out during lunch to grab a couple other games and when I came back they were back to normal... =(

Ah well. I mailed mine off today too.

Anyone noticed that wherehouse.com has stopped mailing things in bubble mailers? or is it just me, since I've complained so much? The last 4 games that I ordered came in the old-style Uline cardboard mailers. And of course, none of the games got crushed and damaged!

[quote name='mackaikai']yah, my most recent order came in a box.

but they are still using generic DVD case for the game ;([/QUOTE]

Amazingly enough, I had yet another game get scratched up in shipping with one of those crappy DVD cases! And it wasn't shipped in a bubble mailer either, it was in a cardboard mailer!

I'd had so many of my games get trashed this way that I finally had wherehouse.com tell me to contact my local post office about the damage. If they used decent DVD cases that held the discs securely and didn't have pointy protrustions that scratch the discs up then they wouldn't have a problem with it. =( This time they're having me ship the damaged game back to them too (which I would have done anyway, but generally they haven't asked for it).

Original timesplitters only getting $1.50 at two FYEs I checked. Im trying to make $40 in store credit to get transformers season 2 set I found. I'm going to try Driver PL now for Ps2. Anyone find any good way to use gamerush's deals to make FYE credit?

[quote name='clevelandmvp']Original timesplitters only getting $1.50 at two FYEs I checked. Im trying to make $40 in store credit to get transformers season 2 set I found. I'm going to try Driver PL now for Ps2. Anyone find any good way to use gamerush's deals to make FYE credit?[/QUOTE]

YMMV but Freestyle Street Soccer gets $13+ in credit. Every Blockbuster I go to has them for $1.99. The thing is since it has the Blockbuster exclusive logo on it, most employees won't accept it....even when they scan it and see it's in the system.

And I'm like 1/40 in fye trades the past few months. I keep getting 'rejections' from employees even though half of the stuff I bring in I've never touched (since they are in the mult-disc anime sets and I decided halfway through certain series that I didn't want them).

[quote name='clevelandmvp']Original timesplitters only getting $1.50 at two FYEs I checked. Im trying to make $40 in store credit to get transformers season 2 set I found. I'm going to try Driver PL now for Ps2. Anyone find any good way to use gamerush's deals to make FYE credit?[/QUOTE]

I think that Driver PL was about $6 for in-store credit, but it's still $21.85 at wherehouse.com. There are a couple good credit items on the website that don't get you much in-store. For instance, PSP Darkstalkers Chronicle gets you $23 online, but my local store wouldn't even take it. Darkwatch (XB and PS2) is also $23 online, but $19.99 NEW in-store and only gets about $6 in credit there.

I do know that Marc Ecko's Getting Up LE gets you $20 in credit in-store though, as do the Xbox version of V-rally 3 and Dinotopia (still! those have been great credit games for a long time).

Just bought Driver: Parallel Lines for PS2 today for $8.96. Is it $21 trade-in in store, or just online?
And I might buy Powerdrome tomorrow used for $1.99 at Ebgames (It's instock according to ebgames.com) to trade in to FYE (Since it's upstairs from the Ebgames in the mall), do you think I should try, or do you think it'll be really scratched up?

What's the best deal you can get at FYE? I have my eye on a "new" Panzer Dragoon Orta.

Why on earth do they not let you look at the discs when they're open? I don't care if they say it's new.

[quote name='Pojo']What's the best deal you can get at FYE? I have my eye on a "new" Panzer Dragoon Orta.

Why on earth do they not let you look at the discs when they're open? I don't care if they say it's new.[/quote]
The ones at your's are open? Mine are in those huge plastic cases, that have to be taken off at the register.

So anyone know what the general rule of thumb is for mailing multiples of the same title to wherehouse. I was thinking about sending driver for xbox and ps2 in. Should I do it maybe a week a part?

I was going to trade some games in at the FYE Superstore in my area, but the clerk at the trade in desk couldn't seem to find Black or Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for Xbox. So I took them to EB Games and along with Ghost in The Shell: SAC for PSP, I got $45 in credit.

I have another 2 PSP games and 1 Xbox game to trade in, is it even worth going back to FYE with them?

What will Driver and Marc Ecko get at Strawberries? If Driver goes for $6 at FYE, and Strawberries is just as low, I might as well return it back to CC. Marc Ecko should still get something over $9 at FYE, but I want to compare it first.

I called FYE today, and they told me Driver: Parallel Lines trades in around $20. Couldn't find Marc Ecko in the system, but I just think he typed it in wrong. Castlevania Curse of Darkness is at $9.

Is there anything to shift the credit over to EB? No, right?

All prices are for store credit, values suck but I still came out ahead slightly:

Wreckless XBox, $3.50
World Championship Poker 1 PS2, $2.50
Starsky & Hutch PS2, $2.50
Street Racing Syndicate GCN, $4.00
NHL 2005 GCN, $4.00

Driver Parallel Lines was $6.00 trade in at the Wherehouse in Torrance, CA. I took in a bunch of games and didn't notice how cheap it was until I left the store, otherwise I would have just sent it in to wherehouse.com. They did put my credit onto a giftcard withot having to ask.

I traded in the dinotopia game for the xbox for $16 and Powerdrome for $9. I want to say thanks. I was able to make money on the trades which I'll use towards VP: Silmeria.

I do have a question. Do you ever trade in multiples of the same game? I'm tempted to pick up another Powerdrome to trade in. I wouldn't do several copies at once. I'm not usually into trading games like this, but I want to put some extra money towards a game I'm really wanting.

[quote name='erehwon']I traded in the dinotopia game for the xbox for $16 and Powerdrome for $9. I want to say thanks. I was able to make money on the trades which I'll use towards VP: Silmeria.

I do have a question. Do you ever trade in multiples of the same game? I'm tempted to pick up another Powerdrome to trade in. I wouldn't do several copies at once. I'm not usually into trading games like this, but I want to put some extra money towards a game I'm really wanting.[/quote]

YMMV on trading the same title in again. At the store near me (Atlanta,GA) they won't take a title if they already have a used copy on hand. So if someone beats you to the punch the one copy of powerdrome may be sitting there forever and they won't take anymore...

I usually take 2 or 3 copies in of Powerdrome to Fye and get 9.00 a piece.

I went yesterday and traded in 3 copies of Driver Parallel Lines for Ps2 they quoted me 19 cash and ended up giving me 24 in credit so 72 dollars total. I paid 29.00 at Cc for the 3 games on clearance.

My FYE has Trade ANY 2 360 Games, get 1 free. Which means you can go to EB/Gamestop, grab the 360 Madden and another $20 360 game (College Hoops) for $36 after using your GI/Edge card, take those two games to FYE and get a brand new 360 game. So you can basically get any 360 game for $36. Im trading in a bunch of 360 games to Gamestop, getting the extra 20/30% to preorder Madden, then using the rest of the credit to buy 4-6 $20-$25 games, taking them to FYE and getting new games like Dead Rising.

[quote name='Nugzy']My FYE has Trade ANY 2 360 Games, get 1 free. Which means you can go to EB/Gamestop, grab the 360 Madden and another $20 360 game (College Hoops) for $36 after using your GI/Edge card, take those two games to FYE and get a brand new 360 game. So you can basically get any 360 game for $36. Im trading in a bunch of 360 games to Gamestop, getting the extra 20/30% to preorder Madden, then using the rest of the credit to buy 4-6 $20-$25 games, taking them to FYE and getting new games like Dead Rising.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. All of the Madden discs I've seen at the EBs I go to are in horrid shape.

I traded Dinotopia for $16, Powerdrome for $9, Aeon Flux(PS2) for $12 and Total Overdose for $9. Thanks for the trade prices everyone!:)

I've been to two FYE stores (one in Springfield, Ohio and the other in Columbus, Ohio) and neither would take my XBox Powerdrome. They seem to think it's not in listed in the system-- What's up with that? Here's some more bad news: Transworld Surf: Next Wave for the Gamecube has dropped to $9 (used to be in the twenties).

Steve

[quote name='ave1']I've been to two FYE stores (one in Springfield, Ohio and the other in Columbus, Ohio) and neither would take my XBox Powerdrome. They seem to think it's not in listed in the system-- What's up with that? Here's some more bad news: Transworld Surf: Next Wave for the Gamecube has dropped to $9 (used to be in the twenties).

Steve[/quote]
That's likely because it wasn't --- The PS2 version trades in for $11.xx
But that's bad news on Transworld :(

FYE-Traded in another ps2 powerdrome for $9 and Tony Hawk 3 on GC for $2.

How strict is wherehouse.com on disc conditions? Will they really not give your game back if it doesn't meet their criteria?

[quote name='Yusuke-Urameshi-']Argh - on Wherehouse.com
Dinotopia is now $11.50 (Used to be $20.xx)
Malice $11.50 ($20.xx)
V-Rally 3 $11.50 ($20.xx)
And Likely all the old $20.xx[/QUOTE]

Lupin the 3rd is also now showing up at $11.50. Crap.

bread's done
Back