2008 Suicide Baseball v.2 - Win an XBOX 360!!! - It's All Over Folks!

Just to clarify, as far as I am concerned I am out with Florida and the bye can 't be used as a fail safe. Is that correct ? If so I wanted to thank the OP for taking the time to run this contest and I would like wish everyone left good luck !!! I just hate being out so early, specially because I felt I knew enough baseball to last, well ... more than one week !!!

If the Yankess Pull it out.

Week 5: Chicago Cubs

Week 4: New York Yankees
Week 3: Boston Red Sox
Week 2: Milwaukee Brewers
Week 1: LA Angels

Last edited by a moderator:
Curse the Mets, it figures the week I pick them, they lose 3 to the Nats and get a rain out (that couldn't be played as a DH on the weekend, WTF?). And now I need them to win the 1st 2 against the Braves to advance.

Week 2 pick, if I make it, will be Diamondbacks

I don't think we're supposed to make our picks yet...instead of blindly doing things maybe you should hold to make it easier on the person running this. (i.e. post after he says something like "Week 2 is now open" so all he has to check is posts after that one) And some people probably haven't even read the first post.

[quote name='Mattte']I don't think we're supposed to make our picks yet...instead of blindly doing things maybe you should hold to make it easier on the person running this. (i.e. post after he says something like "Week 2 is now open" so all he has to check is posts after that one) And some people probably haven't even read the first post.[/quote]

It would seem you should read the first post.

"Also, should a player not get their pick in before Monday @ 8 AM, their bye will be forced upon them for that week."

[quote name='Hostile']It would seem you should read the first post.

"Also, should a player not get their pick in before Monday @ 8 AM, their bye will be forced upon them for that week."[/QUOTE]

I think that would apply to the Monday the week starts in. If so that would be 5/26.

[quote name='Hostile']It would seem you should read the first post.

"Also, should a player not get their pick in before Monday @ 8 AM, their bye will be forced upon them for that week."[/QUOTE]Right, but since a "week" in the contest runs from Monday to the following Wednesday, the way I understand it to work is that your pick needs to be in by 8 am of the following Monday, in this case Monday May 26th. Week 1 is still running until this Wednesday; then Brian will check to see who is still in and who is out sometime between Thursday and Sunday. Week 2 will begin on Monday, May 26th, so picks for that week need to be in by 8 am of that day.

Edit: Oops, Robzilla beat me to it by 6 minutes, and was much more succint than me.

Wasn't really referring to the people making the picks now about not reading the rules...mostly to the guy that picked the D'Backs twice and other people who were asking questions that the answers were in the first post.

I guess it just makes sense to me to pick from Wednesday to Monday.

Here is how it appears from the OP.

During a "contest week" each team, if they don't have a day off or Rain Out, can play up to 10 games.

In those 10 possible games your pick has to win 5 to advance. If your pick plays only 7 out of the possible 10 then you still need to win 5 to advance.

Week 1 - 5/12 at the start of Braves @ Pirates 2:30pm EST -> 5/21 at the end of the Reds @ Dodgers 10:10pm EST.

To allow Brian some admin time you make your next picks starting Weds night at the end of the current "contest week".

Giving him and you until Monday at 8am to lock in your picks for the following "contest week".

The "contest weeks" are as follows:

Week 2 - 5/26 at the start of Royals @ Blue Jays 12:37pm EST -> 6/4 at the end of the Cubs @ Padres 10:05pm EST.

Week 3 - 6/9 at the start of Diamondbacks @ Pirates 12:35pm EST -> 6/18 at the end of the Marlins @ Mariners 10:10pm EST.

Week 4 - 6/23 at the start of Brewers @ Braves 7:00pm EST -> 7/2 at the end of the Cubs @ Giants 10:15pm EST.

Week 5 - 7/7 at the start of Royals @ Rays 12:40pm EST -> 7/13 at the end of the Rockies @ Mets 8:05pm EST.

^ Short Week due to All Star Break 7/14 - 7/16, 7 possible games. ^

Week 6 - 7/21 at the start of Twins @ Yankees 7:05pm EST -> 7/30 at the end of the Giants @ Dodgers 10:10pm EST.

Week 7 - 8/4 at the start of Athletics @ Blue Jays 6:07pm EST -> 8/13 at the end of the Phillies @ Dodgers 10:10pm EST.

Week 8 - 8/18 at the start of Mets @ Pirates 12:35pm EST -> 8/27 at the end of the Rockies @ Giants 10:15pm EST.

Week 9 - 9/1 at the start of Braves @ Marlins 1:10pm EST -> 9/10 at the end of the Dodgers @ Padres 10:05pm EST.

Week 10 - 9/15 at the start of White Sox @ Yankees 7:05pm EST -> 9/24 at the end of the Rockies @ Giants 10:15pm EST.

Last Game of the regular season is 9/28 - Athletics @ Mariners 4:10pm EST so we play up to 10 "contest weeks".

Brian, if you find this post to be correct feel free to add it to the OP.

What happened to the other thread. I made my pick in there and then that thread died. Was there issues with that one?

Edit: Never mind. I'm retarded. Duh ;)

[quote name='Genocidal']Your week 7 wouldn't actually be happening, though, as it was mentioned to be a bye week if people were still in.[/quote]

Is that in the old thread? I read the entire current one before my post then again now and did not find it.

[quote name='briansraregames']If it gets to the allstar break, we'll just take that week off.[/quote]

Found it in the old thread. It's actually Week 5 that we will take off.

Or Brian could make it "win 3/4 out of 7" if he wanted.

So, does Wednesday's game count for Week 1? I was reading it said Monday-Wednesday, but also it said May 12 to May 21. It's just confusion regarding the terms "through" and "to". Sorry if this question seems like it came out of nowhere.

I almost thought I was done, when I saw the Mets lose to the Braves today. Little did I know, they were playing a day/night doubleheader. Heres to the Mets taking 2 of 3 games and advancing me to next week.

I would like to change my week 2 team to the Arizona Diamondbacks, sorry i thought week two started yesterday thats why I chose the mets.... If you would rather I go back and edit my original week 2 post just tell me, i just figured this might be easier

There are several must-win games tomorrow night for a lot of people, including a knock-out game between MIN-TEX. It looks like quite a few people got screwed by the Mets, Marlins, and Mariners.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']There are several must-win games tomorrow night for a lot of people, including a knock-out game between MIN-TEX. It looks like quite a few people got screwed by the Mets, Marlins, and Mariners.[/quote]+1 relying on the Twins. They smoked Texas tonight, so hopefully they can keep it going one more! Once my Twins have secured my spot in week two, I'll be doing a fair bit of research for picking my next team! C'mon Twins! You were my first love as a child.

bread's done
Back