2008 Suicide Baseball v.2 - Win an XBOX 360!!! - It's All Over Folks!

[quote name='Gwoz']x2. It was asking a lot to get a win over Linecum. Boston pickers should be more worried. They lost with Dice-K on the mound (who could miss his next start). They are terrible on the road. They are 0-2 against Baltimore (4 games series this weekend). And Tampa Bay is not going to be easy, even at home for them.[/quote]

And the rest of us just sit back and hope that both Boston AND Arizona find ways to drop a few more this week ;)

[quote name='BasketCase1080']sweet, only 1 other person picked the brewers with me this week. Since they won today im feeling very good about the huge homestand they have the rest of the week.[/QUOTE]

I hated to pick them (Being a Die Hard Cub Fan)
, but know they are good for it.

[quote name='Danimal']Don't count Arizona out just yet. They still have 8 games left for this "week", including 5 more home games against the Giants and Nationals. I think 5-3 over their next 8 is not asking too much.

I had a feeling they'd lose last night, though, with Lincecum going for S.F. Too bad Webb couldn't get us out of the gate with a W on Monday. ("us" being the 18 CAGs who went with the D-Backs this week)[/quote]

Yeah, KoA acts like if you lose a game or two to start the week off, it's "getting owned" and you're done. It's baseball, you can lose two and win your next ten or win two and lose your next ten.

Webb was disappointing but Atlanta is a good hitting team and most teams struggle against Lincecum. I like the D-Backs chances of going 5-3 against SF/WSH, especially at home.

Me being a giants fan see the d-backs losing this series. The giants just have too much pitching for the d-backs to handle. If we just had one more hitter, we could easily win the division. So Lets Go GIANTS!!!! World Series Here We Come!

UPDATE 5/28:

Just to clarify: If you happen to make it through to week #3, you may not select "Whatever team is playing the Royals" as your week #3 selection.

...this is depressing.

[quote name='briansraregames']I know that it seems insignificant, but the rules are the rules, you had 2 weeks to get your pick in.[/QUOTE]

Then you should at least allow picks to be in up until the beginning of the first game of the week. It's hard enough to remember with the 5 day break between weeks, but saying that I had two weeks to get my pick in is ridiculous.

I'm so glad I picked the Cubs and I hope I didn't waste my Cubs choice early. Here's to hoping they choke the rest of the year after winning two more games.

[quote name='briansraregames']UPDATE 5/28:

Just to clarify: If you happen to make it through to week #3, you may not select "Whatever team is playing the Royals" as your week #3 selection.

...this is depressing.[/quote]
Please let them. I'm a Mets Fan, but KC Will shine.

Next, I

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Then you should at least allow picks to be in up until the beginning of the first game of the week. It's hard enough to remember with the 5 day break between weeks, but saying that I had two weeks to get my pick in is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
This is a joke, right? 8 a.m. Monday has been in the rules since the start of the first version of the contest. You've had multiple weeks to read the rules and figure this out. There's no reason to get so butthurt over it.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Then you should at least allow picks to be in up until the beginning of the first game of the week. It's hard enough to remember with the 5 day break between weeks, but saying that I had two weeks to get my pick in is ridiculous.[/quote]

Listen, I don't know why you can't get it through your head, but THE DEADLINE IS 8 AM MONDAY MORNING...DEAL WITH IT. That's the only time I can update on mondays. If you want to bitch and whine about it, just don't play, i'm sure the rest of the players wouldn't mind.

[quote name='briansraregames']UPDATE 5/28:

...this is depressing.[/quote]

How about as our week #4 pick? ;)Or are you saying we can't pick Texas or Arizona for week#3? That'd suck because both of them are playing the Mets as well. :rofl:

[quote name='AquaHaute']This is a joke, right? 8 a.m. Monday has been in the rules since the start of the first version of the contest. You've had multiple weeks to read the rules and figure this out. There's no reason to get so butthurt over it.[/QUOTE]
Don't talk to me.

[quote name='briansraregames']Listen, I don't know why you can't get it through your head, but THE DEADLINE IS 8 AM MONDAY MORNING...DEAL WITH IT. That's the only time I can update on mondays. If you want to bitch and whine about it, just don't play, i'm sure the rest of the players wouldn't mind.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Look, I'm sorry I didn't notice the 8AM deadline in the OP, but does that mean I can't make a suggestion? It can't be too much to ask for given that you've already changed the entire fucking contest once. Is it really that hard to check who posted before the first game was played? You clearly have enough time to argue with me so it shouldn't be much of a stretch.

Also, is that 8AM deadline in eastern time or Bumfuck, Kansas time?

You can't say "don't talk to me" when you're posting all of this in a thread. Send PMs instead.

My two cents is it's easier to just kick you out of the contest. Some people are just too nice.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']
:rofl:

Look, I'm sorry I didn't notice the 8AM deadline in the OP, but does that mean I can't make a suggestion? It can't be too much to ask for given that you've already changed the entire fucking contest once. Is it really that hard to check who posted before the first game was played? You clearly have enough time to argue with me so it shouldn't be much of a stretch.[/quote]

If I were Brian, I'd have DQ'd you from this and all other future contests. Dude is running this contest on his own time for us, and you really have the audacity to condescend to him after YOU fucked up and couldn't follow the rules?

If he bends the rules once, he has to do it everytime. I wouldn't change the rules for anyone either, but ESPECIALLY not for someone who feels that they're somehow OWED a second chance in a game they payed nothing to join. Next time, follow the rules, and try not to be an ass.

[quote name='MuzykMann']If I were Brian, I'd have DQ'd you from this and all other future contests. Dude is running this contest on his own time for us, and you really have the audacity to condescend to him after YOU fucked up and couldn't follow the rules?

If he bends the rules once, he has to do it everytime. I wouldn't change the rules for anyone either, but ESPECIALLY not for someone who feels that they're somehow OWED a second chance in a game they payed nothing to join. Next time, follow the rules, and try not to be an ass.[/quote]

What he said.

[quote name='Kilraven']How about as our week #4 pick? ;)Or are you saying we can't pick Texas or Arizona for week#3? That'd suck because both of them are playing the Mets as well. :rofl:[/quote]
TX and ARI both play NYM and KC?
Uh Oh, thats double power there my friend.

[quote name='KoA']TX and ARI both play NYM and KC?
Uh Oh, thats double power there my friend.[/quote]

No, that's DOUBLE SHOCK POWER!

Ok everyone, calm down. Nobody's getting DQ'd. Let's try to keep the controversy to the minimum, if you have an issue you need to discuss, please PM me. This is turning into an OTT...something that I really don't want to happen.

However, in response to Ugamer_X's last reply, I must say a few things:

The Kansas City Royals play in Missouri, not Kansas, but I am neither from Kansas or Missouri.

And if I see antoher fuck in this thread from him or anyone, you will be disqualified.

Amen to that.

On a baseball discussion note, if the Diamondbacks lose again tonight, I think I will officially consider my choice of them for this week to be a Very Bad Idea. I mean, even the Padres have 2 wins already this week. Sure, they came against Washington, but still. Yeesh.

[quote name='briansraregames']And if I see antoher **** in this thread from him or anyone, you will be disqualified.[/quote]

Understood. My apologies.

Back to baseball, has anyone else taken up the habit of watching late night, unaired games on the silly little espn.com gamecast? I watch the little flash animated ball as if it's the real thing, and get all excited when it slides from the mound to the plate, and then back out towards the outfield.

Ok, the rules are that if you pick the Diamondbacks this week they only have to win one game in ten, right? Against the supposedly pathetic Giants & Nats?

[quote name='blumpies5']the diamondbacks are done next week. The giants are going to sweep them because they have started to hit. Also OP in case you missed it, I chose red sox for week two.[/quote]

Also, this man is going to beat us all. Good call man. Goooood call.

[quote name='MuzykMann']Understood. My apologies.

Back to baseball, has anyone else taken up the habit of watching late night, unaired games on the silly little espn.com gamecast? I watch the little flash animated ball as if it's the real thing, and get all excited when it slides from the mound to the plate, and then back out towards the outfield.[/quote]

I do :p I've been watching the Cubs games the past couple nights on the little ESPN gamecast. I like it though its neat.

yay Cubs

This is me relaxing for the rest of the week, after having been down to the wire with the Cards last time.

[quote name='AquaHaute']yay Cubs

This is me relaxing for the rest of the week, after having been down to the wire with the Cards last time.[/quote]

Me too!! I was in the same boat you were with the Cards. I cannot be happier that I chose the Cubs this week over Arizona. I was contemplating between those two and well, I'm so glad i chose the Cubs. Way to go 5 for 5!!!!!!

[quote name='RenoTurk11']Me too!! I was in the same boat you were with the Cards. I cannot be happier that I chose the Cubs this week over Arizona. I was contemplating between those two and well, I'm so glad i chose the Cubs. Way to go 5 for 5!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I was making the same choice - but chose the wrong team! I'm starting to wonder if Arizona will win a game at all in this period...

[quote name='rowe']I was making the same choice - but chose the wrong team! I'm starting to wonder if Arizona will win a game at all in this period...[/quote]
If they don't win the next 5, then you're out.
Lets go (whoever plays ARI!)

Boston is 2-2, kinda sucks.

[quote name='Psydrogen']Philly just needs to win 1 more out of the next 5 for me to advance.

:cool:[/QUOTE]

I hate the Phillies. But I picked them as well this week.

[quote name='BustaBust']how are the red soxs doing? to lazy to check...[/quote]

They are losing 13 - 2, and its only the 4th inning. They are 0 - 4 at this point as well.

[quote name='BustaBust']how are the red soxs doing? to lazy to check...[/quote]

Don't know what that other guy above me was talking about but the soxs are about to win their second game against the orioles (making 3 wins total for the week). With two more games against the orioles and two against tampa bay, I think we'll make it through this week. If you just meant tonight, the red soxs are up 6-3 in the bottom of the ninth.

[quote name='Mattte']They are losing 13 - 2, and its only the 4th inning. They are 0 - 4 at this point as well.[/quote]
Redsox are 3-2.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']Ah the Reds seem to be a swell pick[/quote]

4 down, 1 to go.
Can the Reds sweep Atlanta???

What are we going to do for the All-Star break, are we going to have to still win five or is that week going to be an auto be for everyone?

Arizona is currently up 5-0 in the 4th, so maybe they'll get win #2 today. Hard to imagine them winning 3 straight against the Brewers in Milwaukee, though. A hopeful note for all of us who picked the D-Backs this week: at least they're not scheduled to face Ben Sheets in those 3 games.

bread's done
Back